Stone Circle no one's ever gonna hurt you, love
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Set a little bit after his thread with Nikai! Just wanted to get this out real quick before too much time passed (:

The boy had tried to follow his sister's trail, and had failed - yet though he turned back to Easthollow empty-pawed, he had not failed entirely. He had found the general direction of where her trail had twisted; she moved further and further from Easthollow every step he took back to return, and he hated that - but Merrit knew this was a duty he couldn't do alone.

As he neared the hill leading up to Stone Circle, he threw back his head and called specifically for @Valette and @Arlette. Besides himself, they were the ones Keen trusted the most, and he wouldn't risk losing her again by sending a stranger on her trail. He needed the legs of his family to fan out, to help him follow where @Keen's meandering trail led from here.
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
This is before their talk right?

Valette instantly responded to Merrit's howl. The female made her way to her son as the howl seemed urgent. The female had been worried about Keen, as the mother had noticed that her daughter had been absent. She had been looking with the new male Evergreen but they hadn't really found any sign on the chocolate female. Valette wondered if maybe Merrit knew, if he wasn't going to ask about Keen she might ask him herself.

"Merrit," she greeted. The female stopped before him, he couldn't have been waiting long as she had been close when he howled. She kept her curious eyes on him. She didn't need to ask him what he wanted to say, as she instantly left him room to talk to her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was the last one to arrive but she had come from further away. She approached her mother and sibling. Of course, both were greeted with her mandatory licks and cuddles before settling down and listening to what Merrit wanted to tell them. Arlette had not noticed that her sister was missing, then again, Keen kept her life very private and often went through the territory unseen.
patron saint
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
We can say it is, if that makes things easier! What even are timelines haha
"Mother. Lette." They met him quickly, Valette faster than Arlette - and he wondered if they too had noticed Keen's absence. He would brief them regardless. Though the affection of his pale sister would usually draw out the softer side of him, his mind was too busy to offer anything in kind. His business at hand was too urgent; with every second he wasted here, their softest sister drew further and further away from being found by them.

"Keen is missing," he said, pointed and calm, "but I found her trail. It is stale, but leads a clear path through the Grove toward the North. I thought to follow, but came back for help. There is too much land to cover on my own."

He looked between them, not even a question of whether or not they would help. He knew they would. Every tension aside, he loved his family, and he knew his family loved one another. He wouldn't let what happened to father happen to Keen as well, wouldn't make the same mistake. For her, he would look.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Maybe it makes things easier if they talked haha?

Valette instantly nodded when Nikai spoke. "I know. I've been looking for her," Valette spoke worriedly. She was glad that the young male had been paying attention to his siblings. The mother was surprised that Merrit found a trail. "You found a trail?," Valette spoke instantly. "Oh good," she sounded relieved. "We should go right away! Very good to that you called me."

Valette howled for the scouts that she knew @Ira @Mawk @Nikai. That would give quite some wolves to help look for @Keen. Valette then stepped forward and licked Merrit. "You are being a wonderful brother right now," she praised him and smiled. Now they just needed to wait for more wolf so they could look for her daughter.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette listened to Merrit and was shocked to hear Keen missing. She instantly felt guilty for not knowing where her sister had been. The female looked from her mother to her brother who was complimented that he was a good brother. Her ears flopped to the side. "I can help look for her as well!" Arlette wanted to make her job out of making people feel better so this was a good lesson that she should also know when they would disappear.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
short post bc i don't have much time ahh

The summon was an unanticipated one, and he pushed himself up from the ground with valette's words swimming around in his mind - she had been right, of course, illecebra wouldn't have wanted him to crumble as he had, swept away in the isolation of his thoughts. But it was so difficult... he would have to take it step by step, and even then, he'd failed before, hadn't he?

Black-tipped paws led him into the scene, head dipping and dull eyes peering at the wolves in silent question - what is happening?
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had been with @Alya when he heard Valette's call. Wanna come with? he suggested, though he left it up to Alya whether or not she wanted to join. She was a scout too, after all, and if she wanted to show what she could contribute then now was a perfect time for that. He started making his way to where Valette's call came from on his three legs, while he contemplated that maybe he should find a different trade -- scouting wasn't as easy when you weren't as fast and when moving cost a lot more effort.

As Nikai arrived he glanced around the gathering. What happened? he asked, waiting to hear what or who they were looking for.
patron saint
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Mother had noticed his sister's absence, and all the better - she was concerned, and saw the need for them to hurry to find her. He held his tongue on her decision to beckon those beyond their immediate family to help, yet his question showed in the pinch of his brow. Was this his place to speak against her?

He bowed his head at his mother's compliment but said nothing - after all, this was his duty, as a brother and as the man of the household. Merrit found it easier to soften his eyes toward Arlette when she spoke up - always so eager to help. "Of course," he said. Her participation in the search was unquestionable, and his voice made that clear. "That's why I called for you."

The others arrived in short order; Mawk remained silent, yet obviously in question, and Nikai approached with the words the paler man held only in the quiet shift of his eyes. Merrit wasted no time in explaining, "Keen is missing. I found her trail leading out of Jade Fern Grove. It is stale, but still present."

He looked between those gathered and kept his words clear, and to the point, "We must be quick. She led a twisting path through the Grove, but it's clear she ran straight for the North. My sister is capable and smart, but she is still very much afraid - " and only at this did he turn toward his mother, his head tall and his resolve clearly set, "She won't do well to have so many wolves come after her at once. We will do better splitting up in pairs. Arlette and Mawk, you and Nikai, and I will go alone - unless Ira finds us first." His mother and sister were more than capable, but he wouldn't let them go alone; it was his charge to protect them, and no protest would change his mind. The severity of his eyes spoke to this.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded when Merrit took the lead. She was surprised to see him like this but it was a pleasant surprise. She was glad that he showed that he could take control of a group. Valette offered him a proud smile. "Excellent point," Valette agreed with her son. Valette glanced at Nikai and nodded. "Yes, let's go," Valette agreed. These were the times she could use her ranger skills. Plus it was smart to have a family member keen was close with in each group. She hoped Nikai was up fro traveling far north. "Let's go find Keen," Valette agreed.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette glanced at the male she was paired up with. She instantly thought 'oh no'. Because it was the sad one, the one that was always moping around the territory. Quickly the girl gave herself a mental kick. She was here to help Keen and most of all, she aspired to be a therapist and motivator. She wanted other wolves to feel good and better. This might be the chance that she would get to know the male better and maybe help him. She moved to the male and greeted him with a wag of her tail. "I'm Arlette," she spoke, softly as her mother was speaking, and smiled to him.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry for the late reply hope its ok I hope in still if not just ignore!
She must have been halfway across the territory when she heard the faint howl. While distant, the mountain wolf could distinguish it as the Matriarch's call. Ira turned off her path quick replying to her call, although it would still take some time even with her long strides.

Once Ira was close enough to see the group that had formed, her curiosity only grew. So many wolves, and a few of the new faces. Despite that, it was not a pack meeting, so what were they called here for? The grey woman's gaze shifted through the faces until it met Valette. With a bow of her head, she greeted her and the two kids that stood beside the chocolate wolf. Apologies for the late arrival. How may I be of assistance? Her sides heaved lightly from the run as she waited to be caught up and catch her breath.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads