Phoenix Maplewood Don't hold onto the past, it's there for a reason.
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
Joining 
Laska had come back to the wilds where she had long to be for so long. The hours she had travelled had caught up to her as she neared a border, not ripe but the scent was there. A small pack she supposed as there was only a few scents at the border to smell. As tired as the snow queen was she threw back her head and howled a beautiful song for the Alpha(s) or whoever came to greet her first. (@Sunny or @Avianna) 

After she stopped it abruptly she sat back on her rump, tail swayed softly in anxiety. The joining of a new pack had always made her nervous but she wasn't particularly caring these days what others had thought of her. The snow queen just wished for a home for the winter which had already reared its ugly head today.

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. - Kenneth Branagh

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He hadn't been leader for longer than a few days and already someone had the balls to try and take his members away and challenge him. Not even one of the pack, a nasty brute of a lone wolf. His feeling of bliss was gone and replaced with one of nervousness and doubt. If he couldn't bring in more members they would eventually fall apart and Morningside would fail. He knew he had to do something.

That day was cold but luckily Sunny's fur had grown thick for the winter already. He had begun to put together ideas on how to gather more food, but unfortunately it relief on their allies agreeing with it. He was about to go find Aviana to discuss it with her when a summoning howl went up from the borders. Immediately he set off and arrived at the borders, taking in the female. She looked so tired, Sunny felt bad for her. "Hello Ma'am. What can I do for you?" he asked in a friendly tone, smiling.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
It wasn't soon after her song that Laska had smelled a man near her. If it had anything to do with her howl than he would be the leader. As he came into view she dipped her head in respect. The man carried himself in a way a leader should but she noticed slightly that he was concerned or that something may have been nagging at him. The snow queen let a soft smile pierce her lips as he greeted her. 

It felt nice to see another wolf and talk to them as she had been alone in her travels for a while. "Hello good sir. I'm Laska. I'm here to join your ranks, a home for the winter in exchange I can help you in anyway you ask of me." she said, the tire in her voice was real but so was what she was saying. She had yet to figure out what kind of wolf she was, hunting, scouting, caregiver, etc, she just wasn't quite sure. The snow queen could be molded to whatever they had needed.

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. - Kenneth Branagh

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He was glad when she smiled, showing she was friendly and even more relieved when she asked to join. He was extremely glad for another able adult to come around, they could use it. Quite late he noticed her eyes and the slight grey on her fur and felt a twinge of pain. Something about her reminded him of Keoni, perhaps the eyes. "We are in need of able hunters, we have been through a lot lately and our members are down. We have only four adults and the rest are children. We are also in need of those who are good with children, who can watch and care for them. If you can participate in providing for the pack and helping with the pups and also understand things are a bit tough at the moment, we would love to have you" he spoke in an honest tone, not wanting to lead her on. If she was just looking for a safe place for winter, Morningside was touch and go. Even though he needed members, he wouldn't lure them in under false pretenses.

53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
The snow queen listened as he explained to her what she had already thought to herself as she smelled the borders before he had gotten there. She gave a nod every once in a while to let him know she had her ears in the conversation. "I understand. I can provide care to children and hunt, hunting is something I became good at when I left the wilds not too long ago. You're numbers may be down now but I'm sure they will come up. I'd still like to join." she said softly. The mouth full of explanation was what got to her, after refraining from doing so for the entirity of the conversation thus far she finally had let her mouth fall open into a yawn. "That is after I take a long nap. I've travelled days with just a little sleep and need some before doing any duties if that's fine with you Sir?" of course she had to run it by him, she bowed her head at the end.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He let his posture relax when she said she could do what he asked, eyes softening at her yawn. She was absolutely exhausted, that was obvious. He nodded "Of course. Make yourself comfortable, grab a bite to eat and rest up. I'm Sunny by the way, what's your name?" he asked and stepped back, allowing for her to come inside the borders. He would attempt to show her around a bit first, or at least show her a cache and the general pack area.

53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
She stepped forward a bit hesitant to cross the borders but did anyway. "Thank you, Sunny. I am Laska." she said as she stopped at his side. Laska would follow him to wherever she was supposed to sleep and to the cache. A good slumber was all that was on her mind.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"It's real nice to meet you" he said with a smile and began to lead her toward the center of the territory where dens were made. As he did he spoke again "A bit about us. My father Grayday made this pack with me and my sister Dawn when we were pups. It's a place where everyone counts and does their share. We all love one another as friends and family. My dad died a while ago in our old territory. Then a fire happened recently and chased us out, killing my uncle. My sister vanished and her ex mate, my brother in law also left without a word. That left us leaderless and I stepped up after a month of grieving and preparing myself. Now we're all just trying pick up the pieces" he explained in a somber tone. It was his way to be completely open with everyone even when he was telling folks that they were struggling. He wouldn't tell random strangers that of course, not after that lone male had tried to take advantage of their few numbers.