Shadewood To be kept aware, is why he shares.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Pack Activity 

A Howl which summoned his girls and co-guardian rose from the ebony male in the midst of the Keep's heart. It was deep within the forest, where both he and Kovertol had discovered a mutual understanding. Days had passed since then, and Cry had bulked himself up well on the food that he could, that way he would be able to look after himself. He would have to bring atleast one of his girls, and he knew Kai was ruled out, as he explicitly wanted her to heal from her injuries, and seeing as the Sea-Found was a healer behind her silent ways, he wanted to ensure she was here to see to Arrowbella, who too was wounded upon finding. Kovertol had been asked to appear, had he desired, but Cry held no heavy weight behind the co-guardian's name, as the bear was most likely sleeping, and wouldn't know what was happening in the meeting, anyway. Though it had been confirmed the understanding betwixt the two of 'please watch over this land', he wouldn't disturb the bear too much unless need be. 

This left Phex, whom was both the most charismatic and moldable of the trio. Hopefully, he would be able to help the young girl on a scout if not ambassador trade, and begin her ways of earning her keep here in the Keep. This would signify she was ready to be a Keeper, as Kai had already proven herself worthy by her own trade-goal. Arrowbella still required help, and he didn't want to pull both her and Kai away from each other had they began forming a bond.

As he waited for his members to come, he rested upon the highest boulder within the circle they were mysteriously laid in, patient and calm in all the ways a leader was meant to be.
64 Posts
Ooc —
She was unfamiliar with the ways of packs but it could not be doubted that the call was a summons. Resting the stone she carried in her mouth upon the ground, part of a cache she was building, she whistled sharply - a harsh little sound. The small blue form - that of her fisher - appeared within a few moments. A soft trill greeted the witch and Kai paused only long enough to brush her muzzle affectionately over the bird before padding through the immense expanse of forest towards Cry. 

She'd seen the boulders in passing but she'd not been aware of the purpose. She'd considered clambering up onto them just for fun but her injuries had restricted her. Now, the sea witch was glad she'd been unable to explore them. From the titan's position on them it was clear they had some significant purpose - a purpose she would have disrespected. 

Settling on her spotty haunches, she flashed the raven a smile as her glass eyes swept over their surroundings curiously. What did such a meeting entail?
"Will you fix me up? Can you show me hope?"

"Speech." "Mouthing/Body Language."
And the world becomes a scattering of stars
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Phex careered into the small clearing after following the call of Cry, she slowed enough to take in her surroundings and noted the wat Cry was positioned.

In her maw was a stick with a strange fungus upon the end. She'd noted that it only grew where it was darkest and dampest for it had not been upon an exposed tree or in sunlight; she'd found it beneath the damp leaf litter whilst looking for beetles.

Her head tilted with questioning, but did not yet speak, and joined Kai before the rock -- being very careful to not poke the freckled wolf with her most recent finding -- and slid her gaze to her, waiting for instruction, seemingly from Cry.
| |
Reach those stars.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He'd heard the lupine summons, and listened to the crash of the young wolf he'd followed with shadowy silence when he'd come across her before his den. Perhaps she was looking for him before the summons, for whatever reason. He'd stepped out and sniffed at where she'd before lumbering towards the calling -- the calling that seemed too important for the youth to miss-- with movements heavier than usual. 
Hibernation would take him to sleep soon.

He didn't exactly follow the path of the young wolf, but instead opted to rise up again on the same rock as he'd done so before; the Heir's rock. He didn't know why he chose it, but he liked it and would keep it until some lupine mutt claimed it as their own; but for now, he moved to lay upon its structure.
 His mountain under the canopy.

He eyed the wolves, spring gems filled with curiosity towards the wolves he'd been requested to watch over. He didn't spare a glance to the lupine king upon the rock overlooking the forming pack.
"Common." "Ursine."

How Much Trouble
Can One Bear Be?
17 Posts
Ooc — Arrowbella
She heard the howl but didn’t know what to do. She had never been to a pack before, and didn’t even know if she was accepted. Ka I had left, and Arrow didn’t know where to go, or even, whether to follow her. So, she simply sat. If anyone needed her, they could find her just a little bit past where she woke up this long morning.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
The company had come, and Cry threw an appreciative dip of both crown and tail to the ursine general. Returning a wintery analysis of whom had come, it seemed the only one missing would happen to be Arrowbella, and Cry assumes the dark fae was either resting her wounds away or doing something important to not have heeded his request. He would find out later.

”Thank you all for coming,” he began, the essence of gratitude in his baritones as he addressed his growing pack. “This is simply put; I am grateful for what we all have managed to surmise so far. It was a hard life what we’ve lived before, but this Eden makes it easy for us,” the Phantom gave thanks to the woods that housed them. “and our determination that’s pushed us the final foot through.” It was true; they had worked hard in the short amount of time they had been here, and even though they were in a warmer tropical paradise, it wouldn’t exclude their efforts. In fact, everyone deserved their share of brilliance. “Kai,” he began, his artic tones warming as he regarded his first follower. She was found by the Sea, a place where the usually troubled are prone to wander. Hurt and numb she seemed to be then, but the Sea-Found had emerged victorious over the things that troubled her that day. And he was glad to have watched it happen in the front row seats. “You are simply amazing. The initiative you take to ensure others are well fed and free of wounds shows exactly how far you’ve come from the untrusting fae I met on the beach that day what seemed like several moons back. We’ve grown so much from then. And I’m grateful you chose to stand by me in this scant time. I have so many plans for you,” his grin slid into a jesting smirk. “As soon as all of your wounds are healed, missy.”  
Bringing his sights to Phex, he laughed unintentionally, recalling the zeal she dashed around the forest. Every excitement she shared with him, whether it be her inquiring of a species that inhabited their forest with them or even a simple game of chase, the girl had enough energy to keep the forest alive, by herself. “Phex, you and your games help up in those times where nothing’s there to make us smile. That alone says enough. You still have growing to do, but much less than I’d expected. Hopefully I’ll be able to assist in that endeavor.” He had plans for Phex as well, to help groom her into a useful trade, but she would require work. As charismatic as she was, she was also easy to teach, and that was a relief. 
Finally, he turned to Kovertol, his head tilting to give a humble ‘thank you’ to the ursine. Just for the bear being here, the Phantom was not only surprised but had even more faith in the structure of this pack. Kovertol was just as much of the family as any other wolf here.

Turning back to the pair before him, the real reason for this meeting was revealed. “This pack is not only being made to shelter those who are in need of homes and a Family, but to give us ease from our past. And if it hadn’t have been for forgiveness of my own, I wouldn’t have had a goal to even try to bring us together. The forgiveness came from a woman named Gwen, and I believe she it is due time for her to come home, now. It is time for her to meet her Family, and she’d her past as she’s helped me shed mine, and as I am hoping you all shed your own. We are here for each other,” the Guardian passionately informed the trio, or well, pair, since Kovertol probably wasn’t understanding a single word he was preaching. “and we must stay strong. Just each of you need to feel the strength of a leader, we need the strength of a Family supporting us for us to function, as without you guys, there is no need to fight for anything.” 

Rounding this message up, the assassin sombered his mood. “So I am going to get Gwen, and I’m bringing her home, so that she may see exactly where a true home really is.”

Stepping down from the tallest boulder, Cry stood before his two finest recruits. “And I’m taking one of you with me.” 

Turning to Kai, his most trusted, he narrated our to her such reason. “Kai, I care about you to such an extreme level to where I know on your own, you can and will handle what needs to be done. And that puts me at ease to leave you here to take care of both yourself, and Arrowbella.” Giving her a reassuring lick atop her head, the Phantom cast his adoration on the youth who he swore was as close to a daughter as the assassin could ever manage to have. Just as Gwen was a one-way ticket to his heart and mind, Kai had managed to nestle herself nearly as close as Gwen had. “And I mean it! Eat well and drink well! And I promise I will rest much more than before should you do so,” he promised with a wink of his icy right eye.

Turning to Phex, he nudged her lightly on her shoulder, then used the same snout to replace the tuft he had uprooted. “I want you to come with me, Phex. I plan to ease you into Ambassadorship by throwing you headfirst into it! And I’ve seen from your inability to stay put,” he joked “that you might make a rather lovely Scout, as well.” That was should she choose to pursue the trades and Master them; if not, then her desires were hers to follow as she saw fit. Kai on the other hand, was a Healer as he assumed by how she swiftly went to assist the injured and weak Arrowbella who managed to crawl to their threshold. He couldn’t yet determine what the speckled Sea-Fae would have as her second Mastery if any at all; but the best choice was one you chose yourself. And Cry knew she would be the best at it. 
17 Posts
Ooc — Arrowbella
It had been a while since Kai left, and Arrowbella started to worry. She debated on whether or not to leave.

She sat, tail down slowly dragging across the trail, swiping leaves left and right. Her head was pointed down towards the ground and she lectured herself on her own stupidity. 

"Stupid idea coming here. You messed up peoples lives. And now what are you going to do? You should have followed Kai but you didn't. Stupid wolf. Stupid." 

She snapped her head up, hoping nobody had heard her muttering out loud. She had previously gotten several bite wounds from wolves who thought she was crazy. 

"That's because you are" She told herself. 

She got up to leave, but didn't want to. She silently hoped she could finally find a home here. She placed her rump on the ground and forced herself to stay there.

"Wait for someone, anyone, to come. If they don't want you here, then leave. But don't make them go through all of this trouble for someone that's already gone." she lectured herself out loud. 

She faced forward and swiped her tail back and forth in a mixture of confusion, worry, excitement, and nervousness.
64 Posts
Ooc —
Her head turned as Phex appeared, stick in her mouth. Kai nodded slightly as if to say, nice stick. Now that she was beginning to get used to rambunctious youth, she found she rather enjoyed Phex's light-hearted company. The fisher perched on her back too seemed to enjoy the piebald, for she flitted over to rest on the girl's shoulder.

Her tail wagged slightly at the appearance of Kovertol, for she was not nearly so hesitant around him now. There seemed to be an understanding of sorts between the two mostly silent predators, though there was still a great amount of respect for what the ursine could do with those claws and teeth if ever he should find reason to become angered with them. 

Her brow furrowed with concern at the absence of Arrowbella but then, maybe she was still too injured to make it to the meeting. Kai couldn't think on it for long as Cry spoke her name aloud, his speech taking up all of her attention. 

Her speckled head dipped, heat burning her cheeks beneath wispy fur. She could say nothing in return but her eyes shone with gratitude and the love she felt for Cry when she returned his gaze. Again, that question popped into her mind: Could she be in love with Cry? She honestly didn't know. 

She nodded with a slight chuckle at his last comment, knowing her wounds would soon be nothing more than scars. The possibilities would be limitless then. 

"Congrats," she mouthed to Phex with a smile as it was revealed that she would be going along to fetch this Gwen. 
"Will you fix me up? Can you show me hope?"

"Speech." "Mouthing/Body Language."
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She could smell another on Kai, but wondered where they were, she'd have to seek them soon. Before she could ask about them, a dark shadow rose upon a rock near Cry.

The youth dropped her stick in shock at the appearance of Kovertol, not even noting that he'd followed the path she had. Her full attention on him. Her maw hung open in complete awe for she'd spent all this time looking for him, yet he'd been so close all along. How could he stay so hidden? Slowly and reluctantly, she drew her gaze to Cry when he started to talk, listening with attentive aubs turned to his voice. He first spoke to Kai, and Phex gave her a grin, glad that she'd seemed to have settled well here. It gave her insight to others troubles.

When Cry started to speak to her, she listened with a wisened silence, she knew this wasn't the time to start diverting to her puppyish games. She took his praise with a smile and her cheeks warmed with happiness. She felt accepted and in the best place for her. Her she could grow and develop into a wise woman that could still have her fun. 
Provided nothing amiss happened to her. 

She observed the way he spoke and looked to the bear and noticed how they'd formed a bond. She hoped that she too could do the same.
But when he stepped from his boulder, excitement started to rise in her. I'm taking one of you with me. Where? How far away could Gwen be? The thought of going on a journey stirred the youth's tail, her mind whirring. He spoke to Kai, expecting her to be asked along with Cry for she knew they'd known each other longer; but then he turned to the skewbald girl. Her eyes widened with question of his decision. A slow grin spread across her maw. I want you to come with me.  The promise of excitement and a job was there. She loved traveling and she loved meeting new wolves, so the prospect of becoming an Ambassador was tremendous. 

Despite her usual mindset, the girl contained her excitement for Tula was upon her shoulder and she didn't want to break whatever trust the bird saw in her. She nosed Cry as he smoothed down her fur and grinned, "I'd love to!" She replied to his offer, but then a hesitation crossed her thought, would Kai be ok? Phex rid herself of the thought, of course she'd be ok. "So is it far to where Gwen is?" Phex had thought coming here was along journey, so it couldn't be that bad, right?
| |
Reach those stars.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The dark shadow watched the events unfurl. He did not understand the words, but he knew that Cry was talking to the pair before them. He knew Kai, the soft and speckled fae, but the youth still made him curious. He knew not what this meeting was for, but he knew that he'd have to protect. That was his only task with these wolves. 

His mind drifted to spring and what he'd do then, waking up in this forest. Would they be unfortunate enough to be his easiest first meal? His frown tightened and hoped they would not, for he enjoyed their company and gifts. They meant a lot to the ursine. This fact was only strengthened when the dark man gave a nod to him. An acknowledgment, a thank you. 

Kovertol understood then, he understood what this was for. He was leaving and did not know when he would return. His brows furrowed with the thought, where was he going? For all he cared, it did not matter, but it troubled him. Persistent like a swarm of bugs. He blinked slowly in hopes he would have a safe return.

As Cry left the rock, Kovertol too stood. He knew that he wasn't finished with the meeting, but felt there was nothing more for him to know. He'd figured out with hardship the meaning though, and that was enough for the ursine. He moved off to find the other, @Arrowbella, for he was yet to cast his jade gaze upon her. It would be useful for him to know whom it was he needed to protect. 

With the whisp of a scent, carried to him on the air, he moved off to find the elusive creature.
"Common." "Ursine."

How Much Trouble
Can One Bear Be?
17 Posts
Ooc — Arrowbella
An itch slowly began to crawl across the left side of her neck. She ignored it at fjrst, but it became more persistent and demanding. Arrowbella drew her left hand leg and began to furiously itch, killing the enemy at stake. She froze when she was the bear coming towards her, seeking to forget she was standing on three legs. A wind blew through the psth, sending adrenaline through the leaves, as they danced until they could dance no more and began to fall to their doom. Along Arrowbella fell too, landing in a like of leaves. She quickly shot her head up, a leaf or two stuck in her fur.

Surly it looked like she took a bath in autumn and Arrow chuckled at the thought. Then she remembered the creature before her and immediately snapped out of it. The head didn't seem to be dangerous, which calmed her nerves slightly. 

"Umm.... Hello?" She questioned the bear.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
In the end of it all, positive responses met his announcement, and he was so pleased. If anything he had believed some kind of uproar would arise, and the negativity had made him doubt the rigid trust these two put in him. There was no reason to doubt them, anymore. Especially if they took this like champs.

Kovertol had taken his leave respectfully, and Cry watched him until the boulder of obsidian and muscle until it was swallowed by trees. Turning back to Phex, his reply on his tongue before he gave it permission to leave. But the rest he had weighed with immense consideration. “Quite a ways” he took a breath. “But that’s the best part of the journey, right?” He was trying to be reassuring, and wasn’t sure it came out that way.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her brows furrowed before relaxing, ears flicking towards the bear, she made a note to follow him. Her gaze flicked to the trees above and the last rays of sunlight filtered through. She smiled and jovially replied, "I can't wait for it!" She grinned and moved to pick up her stick, satisfied with her position and near future plans, she stood; her tail waving in happiness.

She paused to look to Kai, her head already half-way to picking up her stick, "Be safe. And be aware of that other pack.." she gave a grave, sympathetic smile and finished her movement. Stick in hand (well, mouth) Phex looked to Cry; if he said nothing more she'd move off into the trees where Kovertol went.
| |
Reach those stars.
17 Posts
Ooc — Arrowbella
Arrowbella walked into the area, having already met with Kovertol. she didn't know what awaited her, until she saw a young wolf in front of her. Arrow stood surprised and watched the wolf, stick in mouth, to make a first move, her tail slowly twitching in curiosity.