Silver Creek destroy it if i want
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle

She was not sure she liked where this was going, but she held her tongue regardless.

A search for something unknown would always bring difficulty, and perhaps this was simply one barrier she must cross in order to reach the other side - these wolves and their ways, they confused her so, but also angered her. What did a man have that a woman did not? She would not share these thoughts with them, though, not yet. Not until she had earned their trust, their respect, hopefully even secured herself a place toward the top, where her judgement would be listened to at least by the other women of the creek. It saddened her to see a group of capable she-wolves beaten down by the simple belief that men were superior, an idea that went against every single lesson she'd ever been taught. The Renoda had so many questions, but perhaps she would have to wait for her answers, wait until the time was right to enquire.

So Faeryn maintained her easily constructed facade; luckily she was an agile wolfess, graceful and lithe with a coat of enchanting silvery blue, so with hope she would attract the attention of at least one male among this odd group (+5 points if it was an alpha, or beta). The sea nymph was not here to gain a mate, nor produce young, but with no idea of how to search for something she did not know of, her only option was to test the waters and experiment. If she was lucky, she would find what she needed. If not, she would have to try again somewhere else. 

For now she rested beneath the branches of a creaking tree, bent at the roots and leaning like a crooked old man; winter was fast approaching, and her oceanic eyes flicked toward the sky. Snow was not far away, and with each breath she took a pool of misted air would drift ahead of her nose.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
They had chosen the Creek to settle down and she had familiarised herself with the land. She was able to roam freely around the land inside the Creek, but not outside as she knew she had to stay around to help out where was needed. Of course she was curious about the outside world, she wanted to explore and there was definitely enough females to make sure everything was tended to. Yet she couldn't. Every time she tried to do something unladylike or to see what that mythical independence felt like she ended up screwing up royally and getting herself hurt or needing to be rescued. 

That day she had gathered some edible plants and some berries and had dropped them off at a storage area before heading away to roam and busy herself in other ways. She was passing by a section of really weathered old trees when she spotted a female, with a lustrous coat of a silvery color. She was beautiful and Lilah was instantly wary of her. The prettier the female and the more desired she was, the better the mate. "Hello...we havent met yet. I'm Lilah" she said in a gentle tone, the soft timidity still there since she had yet to find a truly good reason to let her inner bitch out and start showing that she wouldn't cower to a female.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
A scent drew her from her thoughts, followed by a voice trailing on the wind - the blue sylph inclined her petite head to the side, watching as a woman emerged in the front of her vision, fur gently ruffled by the breeze. She was dainty, perhaps the same size as the Renoda herself, but adorned with a pelt of greys and creams; her eyes were a vivid lilac - Faeryn recognised her from the meeting that Addison had called, though she could not recall if a name had been spoken. 

If she had seen into the girl's thoughts she would have almost felt sorry for her - a woman should not live in fear of embracing her natural instincts, the instinct of the wolf, to hunt and to protect, to explore. Wolves were not supposed to succumb to either gender, but live together and share the weight of the world. But alas, Faeryn was not a mind reader, and though she made some quick assumptions about the demeanors of the rosings' she-wolves, she would not question how they chose to live their lives.

An introduction was quickly given from the pretty female, and the sea nymph allowed her lips to quirk into a smile, plush tail swaying from her rear; no matter her goals, maintaining healthy relationships with packmates would bring her only good. "It's nice to meet you, Lilah. I'm Faeryn." Her voice was as delicate and smooth as her appearance, with a sweet tone that fell easily from her lips. She may be a warrior (not that she'd let on to these wolves, at least not yet), but with the skills of a mercenary came balance - it was not about storming into battle with snarling jaws, no, but about creating balance between yourself and the world around you. Thus, she spoke with no harshness.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She was pretty tense until the other woman spoke, returning the introduction in a genuinely friendly tone. Lilah relaxed slightly, somewhat due to being a bit tired of almost constantly parading around on edge because god forbid another female was chosen to marry a better mate. She let a small smile form on her lips and her own fluffy tail swayed behind her "How do you like all this so far Faeryn?" she asked curiously. She hadn't been one of the original wolves from Golden Ranch and Lilah wasn't dumb to assume there were different ways of wolves. She had seen females with strong bodies and the heart of a warrior before but didn't think one would join Rosings. She was curious as to what type of lady Faeryn was, if she would be sticking around or if she'd leave.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"How do you like all this so far Faeryn?"

Well. The sea nymph adjusted herself slightly, wispy ears tipping forward in slight hesitation. How honest could she be, among these wolves? How well would they take to her own nature, her own personality and the way her mind processed such things? It was no lie to suggest that the Renoda was entirely out of place here, but when asked for her opinion, how much could she let slip?

"Ah. Well... I'll be honest, I'm not well adjusted to the way things are done here, but I'm sure i'll get used to it." Her salmon tongue swept idly across blackened lips, a few strands of grass tickling the sylph's little paws. "Do you know much about the Odolf's?" her delicate head tilted a touch to the side, watching Lilah with sparkling curiosity - the more she could learn, the better. She ought to tread carefully, for the last thing she desired to do was step over the boundaries and unintentionally get on somebody's hitlist. Oblivious to many men, women could be vicious.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah noticed the hesitation and lowered her haunches to the ground, remaining silent as Faeryn seemed to be internally debating the question. When the answer was given she nodded, shifting her weight uncomfortably and focusing her gaze on the ground as if fascinated by the dirt.  "Yes...I figured some of the newcomers may find it odd. There's three types of ladies I've seen in my life. Those like me who are okay seeing the men take the lead and even thrive on their protection and attention. Those like Cyclone who mind their place but also want other women below them. Then there are ..women who are almost men. They hunt, fight, protect, roam." she paused and lifted her gaze to Faeryn "If you are going to fit in and make this your home, try not to let the Odolfs or anyone else you aren't sure of know that you have doubts." she gave that bit of advice in her normal soft voice, finding that she didn't actually mind the female. She felt concerned and a bit of pity maybe that she was struggling.

The next question caught her off guard and her eyes flew open wide, ears darting back with nervous hesitation before she released a sigh "I grew up with Grayson. In their pack. I was bullied by other women and harrassed by men. Grayson protected me and took me under his wing, teaching me my place and our ways. The men are taught they are rightfully higher, the women of the family taught they are lower than the men but higher than other women. Other men are considered just below and women are to mind their place" she explained the ways of the Odolf family eyes averted as if she were worried it would cause problems.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn noted how the girl's gaze was cast downward toward the dirt, but made no comment - the women here seemed to be so terribly timid. Perhaps they were well-adapted to masking their real behaviours (some were incredibly skilled at creating facades), but there was a high possibility that among men who thought themselves kings simply due to their sex, it would not ultimately surprise her to discover that the women truly were as fragile as glass.

The wispy sylph fell silent as she listened, cerulean eyes focused on Lilah with genuine curiosity - she was intruiged about what opinion would be given, and when the girl quieted for a moment, the Renoda idly shifted her weight, thinking. She was mildly surprised that this woman had not made a frightful comment, or suggested that she would report to Addison that Faeryn was not as meek as the rest of them. An odd thing, but what was she to expect here, after such a speech from the Odolf girl?

"I will keep that in mind," She nodded softly, mentally taking notes. Most of what was said she had already anticipated, but she went over it in her head and came to the conclusion that having another opinion was always worth it. Then the blue nymph mulled over the next story, the details of Lilah's past before... this. "I'm glad he helped you." Honestly, she was slightly surprised. Also glad that the Odolf men weren't entirely buttheads, though she'd been sure there must have been an inch of goodness within them anyway, along with their looks; she could not blame them for the way they were raised.

"I have lived alone most of my life, so I am not yet accustomed to these ways. I've had to fight for my survival countless times, by myself; relying on someone else for protection is an entirely new thing to me."
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah nodded thinking back on life at Golden Ranch. The other women hadn't particularly liked that Grayson took her under his protection, sometimes they made comments that she sold herself to him, her body that is in turn for him keeping others away from her. It was a nasty rumor but one that stuck and one that somehow for some reason Grayson never denied. She lifted her gaze as Faeryn gave her story and felt bad, this was definitely an independent woman and that wouldn't fly here. Not one bit. Even so she did wish that she could help in some way to make Faeryn comfortable. "Well...If you can handle the men being the upper class and the women being lower, hide your hunting skills and fighting skills...then i dont see why you have to stop doing what makes you happy. I'm personally no good hunting...never tried and i am definitely no good at fighting... I've never had to...but I dont think anyone will really stop you from hunting. They may look down on it though" she said offering the woman a small smile.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The sea nymph was acutely aware that her motives did not fit well here, her personality far more hardened and though she appeared delicate and had a voice as smooth as silk, she was a warrior by nature - a fighter. A survivor.

But she had not come among these wolves simply to challenge herself, no; the renoda never would have given up her place on the island purely to test her patience, but to attempt to piece together whatever was missing. To fill the cracks, or at least to gain enough knowledge to become closer to her goal. If she had to adjust in order to get what she required, then by all means she would create her best attempts. If Faeryn's time here proved worthless, then she would move on. Otherwise, she would remain - how was one to discover where their purpose lay if they were too afraid to experiment? 

"I appreciate the advice. I am aware my traits are not specifically desired, but my intentions are pure and I hope they will see fit not to look down on me because I wish to help. I suppose we will see." At the very least, she had learned one more thing today - Lilah was a kind woman, even if she lacked the knowledge of those outside of Rosings' confines.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice