Blacktail Deer Plateau Hired a construction crew, 'cause it's hell on the engine.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 

The alpha padded through the trees, moving through the middle of the territory to head north towards the mountain entrance so he could go to the spot that overlooked the plateau. He often went there to think, and he had a lot on his mind today. Grezig had left, and he couldn't help feeling responsible. He certainly wished her the best and understood why she felt she needed to go her own way, but it still left an empty spot in his heart. They had developed a deep friendship, and she had done so much to help recruit members and help found the pack; he wasn't sure things would be the same without her, even given the tension over last few tense weeks. 

His mind continued to busy itself with anxiety and regret as he continued his trek through the forest, his inky paws moving almost as if of their own volition from the familiarity of the land and the path to their intended destination.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Corvus had managed to snag a hare and was now digging a cache to store it in. When the hole was deep enough, he dropped the small meal in and covered it back up with soil. With that done, he headed for the border to do some patrolling. He wanted to stay close to the pack while he settled back in, so patrolling was how he spent much of his time nowadays. However, he caught wind of Kavik nearby and changed his course, remembering that they had promised to spar before his disappearance. It'd be a nice change of pace.

He spotted the alpha heading north with an anxious expression on his face. He looked deep in thought. Kavik, Corvus said once near enough to be heard. Is something on your mind?
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His thoughts were interrupted by arrival of Corvus, and he was thankful for that. Corvus, he greeted with a dip of his head. Ah, yes. I'm afraid I have quite a lot on my mind lately, he answered next. How could he not? He never thought he would see a day where Grezig left the pack because she was unable to get along with his mate. He began walking again, lifting his head to indicate that the other male could walk with him if he wanted. He was glad to have Corvus back, especially now with Grezig leaving. The mercenary was a skilled fighter, or so he heard and assumed, and the alpha appreciated his presence in the pack once more. They were coming up on winter; snow had already coated the ground, and they needed strong wolves to help the pack make it through the cold months.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Corvus nodded in silent understanding. Grezig's leave was difficult on everyone, but it had to be especially so on Kavik both as a leader and a friend caught in the middle of the cause of her departure. The alpha motioned for him to follow, so he did, falling in step with him. I recall promising you a spar a while ago. Perhaps that would help clear your mind, The mercenary offered. It always worked for him, at least.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was thankful the other male didn't ask him to elaborate on his worries but instead offered a spar to help take his mind off things. Kavik stopped walking to look at Corvus. That sounds like just what I need, the alpha replied. He wasn't big on expressing his feelings to most, aside from his mate. He'd rather work things out with a spar like he had done so many times with his former beta. The thought made him sad, so he quickly pushed it from his mind, turning to fully face the other man, making it clear he was more than ready to get this going.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He was glad to hear Kavik say a spar would help him the same way it did himself. The alpha didn't keep him waiting, turning to face the shadow fully with his own hulking, dark form. It was clear that this wouldn't be an easy fight, but Corvus always liked a challenge. He took a few steps back to ready himself. Then, he coiled his muscles to launch at Kavik like a spring with parted jaws, lengthy fangs glistening with spittle. Figuring a bite to the throat would be too obvious, he settled on the alpha's right foreleg, instead. In a true fight, the injury of a leg could be almost as damning. Of course, he would not clamp down so hard as to seriously damage the leg, but his pointed grip would not be gentle, either.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik studied the other male, intently searching for any indication as to what his first move would be. When the mercenary lunged at him, he was ready but taken a little off-guard when he felt the male's teeth on his leg instead of his throat. His grip was strong, but the alpha let none of that distract him from the situation. Adapting and acting accordingly was just as important and strength and speed in a fight, so he quickly searched for any way to get the upper hand. Corvus' position left the back of his neck somewhat vulnerable, and the inky leader decided to take advantage of that. He moved to grab a hold of his opponent's scruff, hoping to connect with a firm bite and pull him away from his leg to make it hard for him to launch another attack in response.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He expected Kavik to grab his scruff, and while the other man's teeth sent pangs down his back, it was the best place to be bitten, comparatively speaking. Corvus had done all the damage he was going to on Kavik's leg anyway, so he released it. The other male was significantly stronger and tugged him off with ease, being of an impressively ponderous build. Seeing that Kavik didn't seem keen on releasing his advantageous hold, Corvus seeked out another place to latch onto.

He didn't have the best options with his scruff being held firmly in the other wolf's jaws, but while his snout was still close to the other man's lower neck, Corvus decided on that as his target. He lurched forward as much as he could within his restrictions. If able to grab hold of the column of Kavik's throat, he would also attempt to balance himself on his hindlimbs, bracing against Kavik to scratch at his face with a foreleg. It would not be an accurate move, but the threat to his eyesight on top of his hold on his neck would ideally be enough to persuade his opponent to release him.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was able to grab hold of corvus' scruff and pull him from his leg but soon after, he felt his opponent's jaws on his throat. The other male then swiped at his face with a front paw, causing the alpha to instinctively release his scruff and pull his head to the side and protect his eyes. 

He thought quickly about what to do next, deciding to rear up on his hind legs as well and attempt to force his opponent to release his throat. If successful, he would attempt a hard shove with his body aiming to get Corvus on the ground. Once there, he could hopefully use his weight to pin the other male.

Feel free to PP! I can react accordingly!
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Okay! I'm not used to PPing, but it's worth a shot. (Plus I trust you, lmao. ♥) Let me know if anything needs changing!

Corvus thrashed his head to cause more damage with the hold he had once Kavik released his grip. However, the bearish alpha reared himself in an ursine manner before Corvus could regain his footing, and he did not release his grip in time to prevent his balance from being thrown off. He fell to the ground on his back, feeling the wind escape from his lungs upon impact. Kavik was soon atop him, sizable dark form blocking out the sun like an eclipse. His paws weighed down heavily on his chest, making movement and breathing alike difficult.

Thinking fast, the mercenary aimed a bite for Kavik's leg again, attacking the same one as before to weaken it further. His jaws clamped around his opponent's wrist and increased their pressure threateningly around the joint while his hind legs kicked at the man's nether region for good measure. Though at a disadvantage, he knew how to persuade an opponent to forfeit the upper hand by causing enough pain. Once Kavik presumably backed off, Corvus would finally get back on all four feet, on the defensive for the attack Kavik was ready to dish ot next.

Romanian | English
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His plan was successful, yet again proving his weight a useful tool when fighting. He had Corvus pinned to the ground, and he seemed unable to shift the alpha's weight enough to break free. His packmate was crafty though, clearly a skilled fighter, because his teeth clamped on Kavik's wrist and he kicked at his sensitive underside, forcing him to move out of the instinct to protect his most vulnerable areas. 

He stepped back, releasing the dark male from his hold. He didn't allow him much time to recover, lunging at him again and aiming for his throat, hoping connect with one of his vulnerable areas.
I'm no good without you