Felltree Marsh the guardian lives in her leaves
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
It was always only a matter of time, in any new place that Olive may find herself, before she became insanely comfortable — more comfortable than she had any right to be, given her new responsibilities and duties to the pack, most of which much be upheld lest her luck spoil and her comfort turn distinctly uncomfortable. No, no one wanted that, so the pale sylph found herself striking a balance between relaxation and duty that pleased herself and pleased the children and pleased the seraphim, so everyone was happy and all was content.

Still, winter was coming and there were families to consider. Caches had to be stocked and underground caverns needed to be charted — the wolves of elysium needed to make the most of whatever light the sun might offer them, though daylit hours were waning fast. Not everyone’s craft was performed best at night, like Olive’s penchant for astronomy, so Olive did her best to give a hand where ever it was needed, but she was now a poor navigator and a hunter, worse yet! Most of the time, the shakti women found herself watching the kids and aiding in their education of the world. It’s where she felt most comfortable, anyways. That was her balance.

Today, for the first time in a long time, Olive left the sanctity of the hushed willows in the pursuit of this balance. She and Eleuthera and [insert any other kids who want to join] departed that day to poke their nose in the surrounding territories — not for any official purposes but rather to entertain their sweet little minds, for the lands just surrounding their claimed lands had previously been scouted and deemed safe to entertain childish curiosities. Olive supposed it was proper for cubs their age — and growing larger still, day by day — to explore outside of their home, but this was far from their first time out of the house. It was just another day in the life, the most amazing life possible, and as Olive laid amongst the brown autumn grasses and watched her clutch of chicks peck about, she could not help but hope that things might stay this way for an eternity.

Unfortunately though, Olive knew by now that things like these never did; rather, they lasted mere moments so that the inevitable dark might help one appreciate the light.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
it is not the threat of a pack that brings her to the marsh. they’ve long since been gone from the nearby ravine. traveling to and from trigeda has kicked wayward wanderlust into gear. once she’s taken it easy for a few days, resting and eating and spending time with her children, she feels the need to stretch her legs. she slips by the borders without alerting anyone and presses south.

she’ll lie and say for no particular reason but she remains alert for anything familiar. she never followed a trail after them upon her return and she likely wouldn’t follow anything if she found it, but it’s hard to quell the hurting curiosity.

antumbra moves carefully through the marsh, avoiding as much as cold, but not frozen, soft ground as she could. she’s never been a fan of weak ground with the exception of sand, but she hardly considers it a problem. her nose twitches through the gross smells of wet, soil, thankful for the cold air to lessen the strength, however something else catches her attention. ears swivel ‘round and she turns her head, moving a little to the left until she sees the form of a pale woman and a closer look, another wolf that can’t be more than four or five months old.

not wanting to intrude, or alert them of harm, she chuffs across the way.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It all seemed so peaceful, her and Eleuthera. After several moments of simply watching and absorbing and appreciating, Olive lifted herself from the ground and strode towards where her lilac child rifled through the weeds. “It is not the best time of year for herbs, but we do our best. We always need to be ready to help those in need.” the mother commented, her trained eyes easily espying several useful plants within the immediate vicinity — but her children had a tendency to love the flowers of summer, and there were few bright and vibrant colors to be found. To them, surely the landscape was barren.

It was at that moment that they were approached by another; the newcomer seemed friendly enough, even announcing her presence in a kind manner, so Olive tapped Eleuthera on the haunches with her nose to send her on her way. For an unknown reason, Olive intuited that this was not the place for her child.
“My love, why don’t you go find us some sweet flower?” she suggested. “It grows near water — but be careful around rivers.”   When the girl was on her way, Olive watched her depart and then turned to regard the dark stranger with a smile. 

“Greetings,” she chimed. “Can I help you?”

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
With her approach, the woman sends her child off to find something else. Antumbra watches the grey girl until she disappears from view and only turns back when the stranger greets her properly. She hadn’t intended to interrupt much. She is merely moves along in an attempt to clear her head.

“Just passing through,” she informs a beat later, licking her lips and glancing off the path the child went. If she does not stay here to chat with the adult, she’ll make sure to avoid the direction she’d gone in but for not she’s content to stay a few minutes and prove she isn’t a threat. “I am Antumbra from Drageda,” she says, gesturing the direction she’d come from.
Trigedasleng · Common
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
With her small gray child absconded, Olive was rightfully excited to speak with another adult —  Seabreeze didn’t count, and she did spend most of her day surrounded by youths — and it was an adult she didn’t know, on top of that! The sylph’s pearly maw cracked into a smile at the fierceness of her pleasure. “Antumbra,” she purred, particularly enjoying the foreign roll of her tongue. Then she returned the introduction with an “I’m Olive, of Elysium.”

Drageda — didn’t that sound familiar? It felt like a word she had heard once, but the memory was so faint, as if it was from a past life or something. After a moment’s pause to order her thoughts, she recognized it from her time living upon the coast with Teaghlaigh. A past life, indeed. Oh, but she lived near the coast once more; perhaps it was time to get to know her neighbors. As a leg of the council, was this not her job?

“My daughter, Eleuthera,” Olive cordially introduced the absent girl, motioning in the direction she had noticed Antumbra eyeing. “Do you have children?” She asked confidently, though she was unsure if that question would be unwelcome and far too familiar coming from someone so new — but if Antumbra was a mother, then she would get it. For that reason, Olive did not worry and instead smiled sweetly across the grasses, silently inviting the dark stranger closer if she wished.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She introduces herself but Antumbra does not recognize it. The pack name is even foreign to her. The only other pack in the area she knows is Morningside further south residing in a territory she has seen as hers since conquering but her absence in the taiga has left it free reign. The disconnect between the Maplewood and Drageda has grown significantly and it’s easier to let go than she anticipated.

Before she has a chance to ask on it, however, Olive introduces her absent daughter. Grey eyes turn in the direction she had gone but does not see her, instead turning back when she’s pressed with a question. At first, she wants to say no. Since Wildfire’s leaving, she’s hardly felt like much of a family. She’s kept her distance to some degree as she tries to realign herself with the commanders and their desires. Maybe they knew of Wildfire’s departure and the only reason they visit now but would they fault her for the children she’s helped create, even if they did not come from her own loins?

“Yes,” she says after a moment. “Four boys, one girl. They are grown now,” she explains. Tux and Silkie aren’t much older than Eleuthera, from the looks of it, but Drageda has hardened them as most of their other children into hardened warriors. “Where is Elysium?”
Trigedasleng · Common
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
finally hit 600 with you, my friend!

Olive smiled and dipped her head, grinning at the earth for a moment, before pulling herself from her position on her belly into something more dignified. Olive herself had 7 children; 5 born of her own womb and 2 adopted into her heart; and the midwife dearly hoped that she might have another litter this year, again, with Seabreeze. Motherhood truly was one of the best parts of life. “They grow so fast, do they not?” she sighed fondly, giving one final look down Eleuthera’s trail, then turned her full attention to the subject at hand. 

She was asking about Elysium and for a moment — but only a moment — Olive wondered if she should play her cards closer to her chest. Elysium was her responsibility, was it not? Were there no creatures out there that existed only to do her harm and rid the world of some of its only good? Olive had to be careful, and a strange part of her hardened under the weight of that responsibility, but after a moment’s waiting she responded by saying
“Quite close to here, actually,” because the stranger, Antumbra, had also been very forthcoming with information about herself and her own pack. It was only fair. 

“Just through the marsh, to where the forest of willows blow in winds,” Olive clarified.  “We’re a sanctuary — we only seek peace.”

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Antumbra loves her children. There is no doubt there. Perhaps it is because she did not carry them herself, or her training as a child, but there is still some disconnect when it comes to them that she’s never properly been able to cross. It is the only thing that keeps her Heda in front of them when she needs to be but there is still room to shed the crown, for a while. She nods but does not add any comment.

Her eyes follow briefly toward the path the child had taken but she draws back sooner, listening as she describes their home and their purpose.

A sanctuary, she says. Her ears cup forward, curiosity mapped across stoic features.

“Drageda is on the coast, in the redwoods,” she explains, though perhaps she knows that already. Weirder things have happened, I guess. “You’ll have no trouble from us,” she adds. Wolves seeking peace likely won’t be an issue so she does not issue a warning, especially when there is much for her to learn. “I don’t think we’re too far from each other.”
Trigedasleng · Common
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It pleased the sylph immensely when Antumbra reacted to description of Elysium with an innocent curiosity. Their freedom from trouble was assured, which brightened the almost ever-present grin on her face. It was nice when friendliness was met with friendliness, instead of hostility — not that she had ever had anyone be overtly hostile with her, but Olive was now realizing the weight of true responsibility and was sure to appreciate the moments that turned sweet instead of sour. Sometimes, the chances were 50/50. 

“No, not too far at all…” the Shakti woman admitted with a hum and a nod. It might be nice to have neighbors which with they were friendly and familiar, and Olive was feeling quite diplomatic at the moment. Seabreeze, who generally held the ‘career and politics’ reigns in their relationship, she would be so proud. 

As Olive mused upon the concept a potential alliance — because a sanctuary needed to be assured of its safety, with few to no warriors within its ranks — and turned the word Drageda over and over in her mind and upon her tongue until memories started to uncover themselves, and it all started to make sense.
“Drageda, sounds quite familiar,” she noted mindfully. Truly, it was the word redwood which had done her in. Immediately, Olive begun imagine the bleeding sequoias of ravensblood forest. “I once helped to lead a pack on the coast.” Wait, why was she mentioning that? Now she was playing with fire. If anyone knew about Teaghlaigh, or the reason for their downfall… the past might quickly catch up to her. “Teaghlaigh, have you heard of it?”

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ears twitch upon her head. Even as their presence in the wilds grows, she is still surprised. They have crossed miles and won wars, they’ve left their mark everywhere they go. She knows she’s left certain impressions in certain places and she does not know where the familiarity will take her, especially with no familiarity of the woman in front of her.

She mentions a former allegiance and Antumbra shakes her head. It has been a long time since she met with Arturo and having never seen or heard from the pack again, it is not surprising to remember.

“I do not recall.”

Antumbra takes a breath and dips her head, slightly. “I should get going but I would like to, in the future, meet with Elysium again.” Slowly, she takes a step back so she can turn and go about her way.
Trigedasleng · Common
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The woman made to be on her way, and Olive was somewhat relieved — she did not like to leave Eleuthera alone for too long. Olive responded to Antumbra’s departure with a sweet smile and nod of her head. “Should you ever have the need, I hope you do call upon Elysium’s services. I believe there is great potential here, for the both of us.” If the wolves of Drageda needed them, they knew were to find the wolves of the willows. Until then — Olive nodded her head once more and let the dark leader depart, and then continued down her lilac daughter’s path to see what trouble she had gotten into.