Stone Circle Impress the Empress, Take a Shot Now
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
for @Valette ;0
Its true the mountain wolf had been busy since she first joined Easthollow. The time she has spent with her new pack has gone by so fast, yet still feels oh so slow. At least she could name the faces of her “family” now. That being said she has only had long conversations with about half of the members. 

If she was asked who her favorite pack members were she could name a few; Brynn, Valette, and Korei likely took her top three. Brynn has a similar mindset to herself and an admirable work ethic, korei was sweet and she did not mind her quiet nature, as for the alpha, she couldn’t quite place what it was about her. Ira could only hope her efforts to provide for Easthollow were noticed. Maybe that was it? Valette was almost a parental figure to her just like the alphas of her last pack. Perhaps she really was just another child who wants the approval and praise of a parent.

However silly these thoughts were they were not the subject of Ira’s mind as she was strictly focused on business. She sat near the stones, her tail thumping against the ground lightly as she howled for Valette. After recent patrols she has news that concerned the Alpha’s attention, along with her own lingering questions.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was quick to respond to the howl coming from Ira. She had not been busy at the time and the female was curious what Greyback's daughter was calling her for. Perhaps it was just a friendly chat, the howl didn't sound distressed. Plus it was not coming from the borders. Valette liked the female and her efforts were noted. Still, Valette couldn't understand the hatred she had for her father while Valette was starting to fall for him.

Valette trotted up to the stones, quickly noticing the female that howled for her. "Hello, Ira," she greeted and trotted closer until she was right before her. Valette looked relaxed and curious at the same time. Since the female had specifically asked for her she wondered if there was something specific she wanted to tell her. "Everything okay, I assume?," she asked with a soft smile.

So exciting!

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The stone wolf waited patiently, her gaze drifting to the stones beside her. It would not take too long for Valette so show, however, and she was glad she did not have to wait long. Ira dipped her head to give a small bow as she addressed the question. Good day, Ma'am. Everything is fine, although I have news regarding one of my patrols.

She tilted her head slightly in thought as she recalled the pack's name. Have you ever heard of a pack that goes by the name Elysium? A representative from the pack came to our borders wishing to discuss an alliance. She turned her gaze back to Valette, wishing to see her reaction to the pack's name. Perhaps she already knew about them, even if they only moved close recently.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head in greeting. She was glad that everything was alright with Ira. Valette perked up her ears when Ira started about one of her patrols. She was curious about what the female had to tell. Luckily she didn't need to wait long. Ira started to ask if she was familiar with a pack called Elysium. Valette frowned for a moment but then shook her head. "I am not familiar with that pack," she returned to the female.

"Oh did they? Do you know where they are located?," Valette asked. It was concerning to hear that a pack might have moved in close without her knowing. They had been the oldest pack in the rising sun valley. There was a silver lining to this though, as the pack wanted an alliance. "Are they in rising sun valley as well?"

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I see. She recalled the conversation before Greyback showed up. Their messenger was friendly enough, she has also held a great interest in the stones. Unfortunately, she did not recall a name for the new pack's location. Ira gave a small shake of her head. I'm afraid I do not know that information, but she did say they relocated at the base of the mountain in a willow forest. It sounds like they are further out. Honestly, she was not able to get a lot of information out of the black wolf. She had wanted more information about the stones than the pack that resided with them.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had her mastery in scouting. While she was quite homebound now due to being a mother and a pack leader before she had travel the lands. She was a ranger, a specialty for scouting landscapes. Valette was certain that they were not located in the valley. "You are correct. In the valley there is no willow forest on the base of a mountain. We only have Blackfoot forest and Emberwood which aren't willow forests," she spoke. "There aren't any willow forest south of the Sunspire mountain range, so it must be North of those. They must be located in the taiga then," she spoke with a nod.

Having lived at Silvertip Mountain she knew the flatlands south of the Sunspire Mountains, and she knew Rising Sun Valley exceptionally well. "It is a guess, of course. Interesting though. Why would they want an alliance? We are at least more than a day's travel from them if not more," Valette said. It was rather strange but Valette was always open for an alliance. But those who were further away were harder to keep in contact with.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She could only give a small shake of her head as Valette questioned the mountain pack's reasons. If they were over a day's travel it was rather odd that they would seek out Easthollow for an alliance, not to mention it would be difficult for them to provide support if ever needed, but allies were never really a bad thing to have. I'm afraid I do not know the answer to that. The wolf who spoke with me was a small female with a black coat. She went by the name of Lily and showed promise in meeting with you another time to talk. She did not stay long claiming she needed to return home, but she did mention finding our scent on one of her previous scoutings which prompted her to check us out. 

Ira was sad she did not have more information on the other pack. Looking back, she was so busy informing the black wolf about Easthollow she failed to grab any valuable information on the other aside from an approximate location. At least Lily sounded like she intended on returning soon.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at Ira. It was good to know the female's name and what she looked like. Lily from Elysium. She had a black coat. "Alright. Well then I will wait until she returns to our border then," Valette spoke with a nod. She rather liked that idea, if their pack was really serious about an alliance then they would return. Valette could at least take them seriously.

"Thank you for telling me, Ira," she spoke with a smile. It was good to have Ira on her borders. Maybe they would have another pack that they would have an alliance with. Then again, it might be more difficult to maintain. Valette would talk about it with this Lily and their exact location of her pack.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She could only give a small shake of her head in response. It's nothing. Although there was another topic I wanted to inquire you about. Another wolf came to the borders looking for a wolf named Howl. Do you know anything about them? Even though the wolf was not a large interest to Ira, knowing about past packmates or the history of the pack seemed important. Especially if it gave her more insight for others who might inquire about Easthollow and it's members.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had not heard that name in a long time. Howl. Valette nodded. "He was once part of our family. A very loyal member. But he decided to leave us as well, at least, he never said goodbye before he left," she explained to Ira. "I'm not sure what happened. I think there was some trouble between him, Cebra and Mawk," she spoke, now she was thinking of it. Howl had always been a ladies man, so it wouldn't surprise her if a female had been looking for him. "Who was looking for him?," Valette asked curiously.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She didn't really know what she was expecting, but it sounded like the typical disappearance of a wolf leaving a pack. If he was a ladies man there was likely rivalry and troubles between him and Mawk too, who was mated to the recently fallen female. A wolf from Morningside? I believe her name was Aviana.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head in recognition. "Ah yes, the alpha female of Morningside, if she still is alpha by now," Valette spoke. "Well, I don't really have more information than that for her," she admitted. She then shook her head. She didn't know that Aviana also had a connection with Howl. And he seemed to have a connection with Cebra as well. That sounded complication. "It is never nice when someone vanishes," Valette spoke with a frown, referring to her mate Stark.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Alpha? Ira felt her fur heat up as she thought back on their conversation. They did not act like one? Maybe it was because Morningside was allied with Easthollow and there was no need to say it. Still, if Aviana was the alpha, she was rather embarrassed now about her lack of knowledge of their allies. Perhaps she should travel to Easthollow's allied packs and learn more about who they were sided with. I see...she did not mention her rank. She only asked that we send him Morningside's way if we run into him again. 

Ira glanced between her alpha and the stones. Based on Valette's expression she could guess her mind was off of Howl now. After all, her mate had disappeared not too long ago without a word. How are you doing...? The stone-wolf hoped her question did not pry too much, but maybe the chocolate pelted female wanted someone to talk to. Then again, she seemed to be doing fine with her father's help, much to her distaste.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that Ira looked a bit startled that she mentioned that Aviana was an alpha. She wondered if the female still was. Ira then mentioned that he hadn't spoke of her rank. "Then we will," Valette spoke with a nod. "Don't be too worried about ranks. Aviana was the leader temporarily, I believe. Until Sunny could take over, and if she is still leading then don't sweat it too much. Aviana is very kind. She won't take offense," Valette spoke with a kind smile herself.

Valette let out a long sigh. "Well. Going," she spoke. "I don't think about it too often. I just want to focus on the relationships and wolves that make me happy," she spoke. That was her reasoning for hanging out with Greyback more. Sure, he had confessed to her that he fancied her but Valette felt happy around him. She was not going to avoid him for that. "Spend time with the children," she spoke fondly.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Her expression must have been plastered to her face since Valette told her not to worry about Aviana. She was grateful that she had not left a bad impression, but still wished she had known in advance. If she did visit Morningside, she could always correct herself then when she learns more about the other pack.

Valette was quick to answer her question, something she wasn't entirely sure if she would open up about or not, but she was glad Valette was comfortable enough to tell her. She mentioned spending time with wolves that made her happy. If Greyback was one of those wolves, then she had no right to stand in her way. She fully does not agree, but she would not stand in the way of her happiness especially so soon after Stark. That being said, if he hurts her, Ira would find herself unable to standby. Ah yes...They are some good pups, Arlette is quite the bundle of energy.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when Ira spoke about her children. Arlette especially was a bundle full of energy. They all three were pretty busy and going in their own paths. However, Arlette was still mostly playing while she felt Keen was more drawn to hunting and Merrit going in a more naturalist direction. She wondered what Arlette would like. Perhaps she would take after her older sister Clary and go travel? 'Yes, she is. She is a really social wolf," Valette spoke and dipped her head in agreement.

'It is fun to see them grow up," Valette admitted. "I'm glad Arlette is so happy. She seems the least affected by Stark leaving," she commented thoughtfully. She had been surprised how Merrit had reacted but afterwards it did make sense. "By the way, I'm glad you are helping out at the borders, Ira. I don't like doing that so much myself so you helping out on that front is really appreciated. I hope you know that."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira had to admit she enjoyed the pups company, although she never really spoke with Keen. Then again her soft spot for pups was never really hidden. If Arlette was affected by Stark leaving, it was not evident in her playful nature. Her mind wandered to the conversation she had with Merrit out by the river shortly after his father's disappearance. Something she understood deeply, even if she was now reunited. She did not want to be bitter about the situation, but letting go of something that was important for so long was proving to be difficult. Ira could only hope the young boy would move past this early to avoid the same fate. Yes, it is fortunate the loss of a parent did not affect her.

The grey-scaled wolf's ears twitched as Valette changed the conversation to her. A rush of warmth spread through her fur as Valette showed her appreciation for her work. In reality, it was not really a big deal. Ira did not mind being put to work and since Easthollow was rather peaceful, border patrols were one thing she could jump on easily. There were plenty of skilled hunters in the pack, but she knew her skills lie elsewhere. Ah-- it's no big deal. Thank you though. I know my strengths I'd like to help where I am most efficient. Heat burned her cheeks as she glanced towards the rocks. I'm finding that there is a lot I still do not know about this area though. The more wolves I meet at the borders the more it becomes apparent. With your permission, I think I'd like to leave soon to visit our allies. I'd be more efficient in dealing with wolves from either pack if I know more about their background. However, I realize winter is a poor time to leave, I do not mind waiting if I am needed more here.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head when speaking about Arlette. The alpha quirked up her lips into a soft smile. It was fortunate. However, she wondered if that wasn't going to resurface later in life. Arlette might not even think of it now as she had much to explore but maybe once she will be a teenager and not really a dad to count on she might feel the loss more? Valette wasn't certain.

Ira returned to her compliment that it was nothing but Valette didn't agree with her. Valette shook her head but didn't say anything further about it. For her, it was a big deal. Then Ira asked permission to travel. They were with many, and she felt that the others could help out with the borders while Ira was traveling. "Of course you can," Valette nodded to the female.

"If you think it would help you, and traveling is always good for the mind. I would not stop you if you wanted to see our allies. Perhaps you can also ask for me how Morningside is doing? I have not spoken to them since I went myself," she returned. "I wouldn't mind an update of both our friends if you are willing to travel to both our allies."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She nodded curtly. Of course. I can give you a full report when I return. She wasn't entirely sure how long it would take her to travel, but if Valette was sure things would be fine with her absence, she would trust the Alpha. She had a general idea of where the packs were, once she was close enough to the scents she should be fine. Worst case she comes back and asks for the two packs locations more specifically.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. "Sounds good, Ira," she spoke to the female. Valette wondered what information she would bring. "Have fun," she wished as well. She felt that this was the end of their conversation so she dipped her head. She was certain that she would hear soon from the female. Valette quirked up her lips before she turned around and went her own way.