Horizon Ridge i gave you everything, but then you wanted more
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
hoping for @Grezig ! set for late tomorrow.

she did not linger long in the grotto’s hearth. too long she had wandered, some transient with neither home nor hearth. like a temporal ghoul she departed its walls, for she had one final mission.

her children would be fine. with what evils had befell her family, she was confident in their ability to withstand it. in a way her exodus from ankyra, the harrowing footrace that ensued, the presumed death of half her family, the gradual decline and abrupt end to her stay in redhawks, and the journey leading up to now — it had all been her and her offspring’s crucible. their blighted curse to bear.

she knew where she was going, though her mind forbade the thought of it. yet there was no direct line from here to there — that distant goal that brooded ominously on the horizon.

she would go back to where it had all began; a pilgrimage the siren queen would endure alone.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig did not know what she was doing here. And she wasn’t paying much attention to her surroundings, either. This place was too far away from Neverwinter and the Weald—both places she considered to be temporary homes. Possibly permanent, one day. She supposed even a homebody like her needed to get outside every once in a while. That was the only explanation she could think of for why she was here, especially so close to the ocean, which she hated. The smell and sting of salt annoyed her, irritated her nose and eyes. But she was in a wooded area up here, so it was less bothersome than it could have been.

She walked along, wondering whether this whole pack idea of hers would actually come to fruition and then—she saw Illidan through the trees…

Without thinking, she bolted forward, her mind scrambling to reason out why he was here. He had told her he would not follow. Had something happened at the Plateau? Had he run away from there?

This was not Illidan. Grezig skidded to a halt before the woman, staring her up and down rudely but hardly noticing she was doing it. Illidan had told her a long time ago that he looked like his mother, hadn’t he? Besides, she had never seen any other wolf with a white body and black head. She looked small and skinny—either from starvation or illness or because she was not pureblooded, Grezig did not know. It didn’t matter. She looked like Illidan.

“Do you have a son?” she asked, her voice hoarse. “His name is Illidan. He looks like you.” She got out all the important information quickly, stumbling over her words, staring at the woman intently. She needed to know now, because if she had finally found the boy’s mother, she knew where he was. She could take the woman to him. And if it wasn’t… well, she’d deal with that outcome when she came to it.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the sound was well behind the sylph as she made inland; her destination would be the flat plains where nature (or perhaps some preordained order) had seen fit to break her family. from there perhaps the siren would find the pieces needed to reassemble the fractured story of their lives — if she could only just get closure. 

a wolf clad in the customary agouti of her species was moving through the woods ahead, and Caiaphas might have elected to pass the specter silently, save it appeared the maven had turned inland and towards her. caiaphas perceived a strange urgency in that stranger, one which arrested any thoughts she had of slipping off undetected. 

as she suspected grezig had designs to intercept her; she drew her gaze across the stern features of the northerner, readying herself for the resigned role of explaining her presence here. instead, the urgency of grezig’s steps accompanied the tone of her voice — a chill settled across caiaphas like an icy cloak as she registered what had been spoken. 

she was at once both weak and filled with hellfire. her stomach bucked and dropped, her eyes lifting in intense alarm. she tried to hide the shaking of her voice but it was a thin sheath of an attempt. where is he? she half-cried, her blood coursing through a body that scarcely seemed fit to hold her upright— take me to him — now.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
The woman’s response was strong. Her yellow eyes—eyes like the boy’s—widened. When she spoke, her voice came out strangled. She demanded to be taken to him, right now.

“Yes,” Grezig said, without thinking of the others—Siege, Derg, Laroche. They could wait. Illidan being reunited with his mother was more important than anything, and the trip would only take a few days, at most. One, if they did not stop. They would be tired, but they could do it. 

“Follow,” she said, and quickly turned to lead the woman back to her son. Her son. He was both, at least in Grezig’s mind. But she would not jealously guard him. He deserved to see his real mother again.

[Exit w/ Phas?]
I’m gonna make the BDP thread now! Set for Nov 29 late or early Nov 30.