Stone Circle Like asthma, you take my breath away
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
For @Valette, but @Greyback can make an appearance, too! Also, if needed, this can be before your cougar thread. Just let me know, and I'll change the date.

It had been a few weeks since he had seen Valette at the borders of Lost Creek Hollow. The transition of the new pack into the Lost Creek had been mostly complete, and with the addition of the new wolves, he felt it would be alright if he left for the day to visit Easthollow. He wasn't sure if she expected him to come sooner, but he didn't want to make it seem like he was pushing himself on her. So, he had waited a little while to come and see her. But, he didn't come empty-pawed. A limp hare hung from his jaws as a present for Valette. 

He paused at the borders, setting the hare on the ground, and lifted his muzzle to the sky to called for the leader of Easthollow. He sat back on his haunches to wait for her. He knew Greyback would likely hear his call, too, and Rueger was fine with that. He would not be jealous of the male, and he trusted Valette when she said there was no history there.
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette felt her heart skip a beat when she heard Rueger's howl. Shit, shit, shit. She had forgotten about him. She felt terrible. How could she have forgotten about him? Well, the answer was simple but she couldn't bare to even think of it. She rushed to the borders. Rueger wanted to court her but Greyback had been doing the same.

She rushed to the borders. Rueger! Hi! she greeted the male as she trotted closer. She felt her heart beat faster. 'I'm sort of dating Greyback now after all, awkward, ok, bye?' She couldn't do that. The male had been always kind and gallant to her. What should she say now? Shit. Shit. Shit. Why had she said yes to this?
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Rueger's face lit up when she came into view. She seemed to be moving quite fast, which he assumed was because she was excited to see him. There couldn't be another reason, of course, in his mind. His tail thumped the ground, and he gave a bow of his head in greeting. Hello, Valette, he replied with a smile. She was as beautiful as ever. 

He picked up the hare and closed the distance between them, placing it at her paws this time. A gift for you, he explained. While in the past he would have retreated a couple feet, this time he stayed where he had stopped. Since his intentions  of courting were clear, he was under the impression that this closeness would be alright. He didn't go so far as to touch her, but they were close enough that it was obvious he would be alright with it if she did. 

Unbeknownst to him, this would most likely serve to make Valette ill at ease, instead of excited.
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that the male had food for her. She had already eaten but didn't want to be ungrateful. The female watched him, feeling incredibly awkward. The female watched as he stepped closer. "Uh. Thanks!" Valette looked from side to side as Rueger stayed closer. Valette sighed. She needed to man up. She needed to tell him and be honest.

"There is something I need to tell you," she spoke, muttering slightly at the end. "You were right about Greyback and well, he did want to court me as well," she spoke, avoiding his eyes slightly. She paused. And... she accepted? She groaned, mostly annoyed with herself. "Um, well." Did she have to make a choice already. She kind of hard made one. Her green eyes showed signs of guilt.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Finally, he picked up on the fact that she was not at ease. He took a couple steps back, fearing he had been too forward, and sat back on his haunches. Maybe that would make her feel better. But, no. His face was almost painfully neutral as she spoke. He was waiting for her to say that she had rejected her pack mate, but after a few moments, he understood it was not coming.

He showed exactly zero expression as he processed the information. He had been right. She hadn't seen what Rueger did, but apparently there had to have been something there prior to now, seeing as how Rueger was going to be sent on his way, and Greyback would be the one courting Valette. 

He was almost disappointed that Valette, as an Alpha, could not come out and say the words, but it didn't matter. He took a short breath, and exhaled. I understand, he said finally. Their relationship would not go beyond wolves that lived in packs that were allies. And Rueger was not stupid enough to mess that up for fear of Rannoch's wrath. I will return to Lost Creek Hollow then, he added. Rest assured, this will not affect the alliance. His voice was was professional, and rather lacked emotion. He wasn't an emotional wolf by nature, and whatever emotions he might once have showed had been trained out of him. 

He stood, bowed in respect to the Alpha, and then turned to leave.
~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched as Rueger slowly started to realize what she meant with her words. The female winced internally. She felt bad for doing so. To him it might look like Greyback was the easy road from here but she doubted how every one in the pack was reacting. Rueger spoke that he understood. Valette's ears flopped back in guilt. The male spoke that it would not jeopardize their alliance. To be frank, she had not even thought of that but she was glad that it wouldn't.

"Rueger, I'm sorry." she spoke. She didn't see that many emotions on his face, but she did feel sorry. He bowed and then turned to leave back to his pack. Valette wanted to stop him but that would probably hurt him more. "I'm sorry," she repeated again with a soft whisper. She hoped the male would be alright. She disliked hurting others but it seemed that there had been no way she could have avoided this.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The I'm sorry would echo in his brain most of the way back to Lost Creek Hollow, but he would not pause and he would not turn around. As far as he was concerned, there was nothing here for him, and therefore no reason to stay here any longer. He wasn't angry, and he would not hold this against her, but he was smart enough to know when to he had been beaten. Head up, he looked forward as he walked on and away from Easthollow.
~Maya Angelou