Silver Creek If you look for perfection, you'll never be content
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 

Efffie didn't have much to do today. She had no interest in pack politics; that stuff was for the men. She mostly just looked forward to when things were a bit more settled. It would mean more stability and safety, and most importantly, it would mean a possible husband for her. Her need for a family to take care of grew everyday, and she thought she might burst. Of course, she would never behave so rashly, but the feeling was still there all the same.

She found a rock near the water that looked clean enough and used her paws to brush to snow off the top. She gracefully jumped up on the boulder, and after a few turns, she lied down, perched so that she could watch the forest and listen to the water run through the creek.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
All we are is dust in the wind
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
And while Effie found her way on top of the rock, Pria had managed to dig herself a burrow beneath it. She had been sleeping in it when the other female arrived,  but her efforts to rid the surface of snow had awaken the sleeping beauty, who came out of the hole to see who it was. With the wind blowing against her Pria couldn't really get a sniff, so she peered over the rock to find the Odolf lady perched on top.

Oh, hello! she said with a shy smile. Looks like we had similar ideas about this rock, she said amiably. She hadn't really had the chance to properly meet Effie, but she knew she's arrived at Silver Creek along with Grayson and the rest of their family. She noted how beautiful she was, but having been around Grayson it came as no surprise. The blood of the Odolfs must have been mixed with that of elves, for their beauty was nearly divine. It was easy feeling ugly among so many precious creatures.
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The movement from below startled her a little, and she moved to a sitting position, surprise briefly widening her eyes. Oh, I'm terribly sorry, she exclaimed, quickly getting down from the rock and standing before the other woman. She hadn't formally met her and so did not know her name. I didn't realize anyone else was here. She certainly wouldn't have knowingly behaved so rudely. I'm Effie, she supplied politely with an elegant dip of her head. I don't believe we've met yet. There were quite of few of them here at the creek, and she still hadn't had the pleasure of meeting all of them yet.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Oh, my! exclaimed Prialux when she realized she might have startled the other female, I didn't mean to startle you, dear. I am so sorry, she explained, keeping the apologies going. What a clumsy mess she was, and in front of no other than the sister of Grayson Odolf. And still she couldn't help letting out a chuckle, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks.

The other one was so graceful, however. 'I'm Effie,' she said, with bow and all, making Prialux feel even more like a savage. No, I haven't had the pleasure... replied Prialux trying to adapt to her counterpart's manners. I only joined recently. My name is Prialux. she said, dipping even lower as if suggesting she was at her service. It seemed only appropriate since Effie's relationship with Grayson basically made her a princess, and... if she was set on winning the King over, then having the princess on her side would certainly be an advantage.
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Oh, don't even worry about it, replied Effie, shaking her head. I'm fine, and you didn't startle me much. It was mostly the truth--she was fine, and although the other woman had given her quite a startle, she wouldn't be rude and make her feel guilty for it. Her company chuckled, and Effie smiled in response, misreading the reason for it. 

Prialux introduced herself, bowing low as she did so. It's very nice to meet you, she answered brightly. I'm glad you decided to join us, she offered next, taking a seat as she spoke. Where did you come from and what drew you here? she asked, curious to know more about this new packmate.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
A final dip of her crown was offered both in apology and agreement that they should both stop it with hollow apologies. Then a question was placed before her, one that she had seen coming one way or another. Prialux mimicked the royal dove and took a seat, not giving much thought to her answer. Thank you, she started with a smile, I suppose I didn't want to starve this winter, she said, but realized that that was far from a glamorous answer and added: And Rosings is no simple pack. It seemed more like a dreem, in fact, so I had no reason not to join hopefully Effie would feel complimented and her dumb ass hadn't been too obvious.
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Effie gave a soft, graceful huff of laughter. Well, that would drive anyone, I think, she replied with a friendly smile. But yes, Rosings is, well, a dream, she offered next. She was very grateful to have found her family and to be a part of their new journey here at the creek. We're lucky to have you, Effie stated amiably. She was beautiful and so far, seemed to be respectful and lady-like, which was exactly the kind of wolf they needed. She was suddenly reminded of that dreadful Cyclone, and how outspoken and brash she had been at the women's meeting. They certainly did not need anymore Cyclones in the pack stirring things up and making things more tense than they needed to be. No, they needed more wolves like Prialux and herself that knew a woman's true place. What do you like to busy yourself with, Prialux, she asked next, eager to know more about her new packmate.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
92 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
She quietly laughed to mimic the lady's response, relieved that it had been taken as a harmless joke rather than an insult, and back she was to her efforts to make herself look meek and compliant. She felt her cheeks warm up at Effie's comment, but something at the back of her head kept thinking it was all an act. There was still plenty to achieve is Pria wanted to cement her partnership in Rosings.

I quite enjoy singing... responded the maiden at the lady's question, although that's probably not very useful to packlife... she admitted, slightly letting our a look of concern. Her biggest fear was being cast away for proving too useless, and that was the main reason she needed to latch on to Grayson.
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Effie's face lit up at the mention of singing. Oh! That's amazing! she excitedly replied. She always wished she had even the smallest amount of creative ability. I would just love it if you sang for me, she stated next, a wide smile crossing her face. Only if you want to, of course, Effie quickly added with a graceful nod of her head. Sometimes, she got too excited and carried away, and she didn't want her new packmate to feel pressured or embarrassed. Maybe singing was something she only did for those she knew well, but Effie hoped she would share her talent.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life