Dragoncrest Cliffs murder on the outside, everybody inside
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
All Welcome 
Merc Merc Merc come patrol w me or fite me or w/e

Vercingetorix began to familiarize himself with Drageda's borders, knowing that he'd need to know them inside and out when push came to shove. He spent much time near Heda, but today he left his place nearby and began to pad the boundary line, nostrils flaring at the varied scents of piss and possession. He added his own shortly thereafter, making sure to add some extra flair.

(Okay, he shit on the border. Have fun walking in shit, trespassers. *poop emoji*)

Nah, but he wanted to make sure that everybody knew to stay the fuck out--or else. The exodus of Thuringwethil's mate and the children concerned him; their numbers were lower than he was comfortable with. They needed stronger walls, if they lacked warriors. They needed to be absolutely firm.
Common · Trigedasleng
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Still reeling from his emotional conversation with Helix, East turned to patrolling the borders, hoping the familiarity and routine would help him process everything they had discussed. He moved somewhat quickly, only slowing to mark any areas that needed it. He saw a figure moving towards him, and he honestly considered ending his patrol and just leaving the territory, but upon further investigation, he noticed the wolf was his uncle. He paused briefly before finally moving towards him, releasing a chuff when close enough. He hadn't seen Vercingetorix in a while, and he figured he owed him at least the courtesy of a check in.
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
The chuff made him turn, and he squinted at the wolf approaching, tall and broad and brown. His muzzle broke wide into a grin as recognition hit him. He padded toward the young warrior with a wagging tail, meeting him halfway, laughing in disbelief.

I can't believe it, Vercingetorix remarked, looking his nephew over. Last time I saw you, you were just barely a man. Now you're all grown up. Eastwood! He butted his head playfully against the burly shoulder, doing a small jig of excitement in place. How are you, man? You come with your nomi down here?

God, was he really getting old? He had been present to see this kid born, for fuck's sake.
Common · Trigedasleng
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It seemed not even war could diminish his uncle's carefree attitude. East smiled a little at the the observation that he was all grown up. The mention of his nomi, a word he hadn't used to describe her in a long time, made him briefly glance away. Things were still too raw where she was concerned, and the mention of her made him uncomfortable. Something like that, he replied vaguely. I'm pretty good, just out for a patrol, he answered with a shrug. What about you uncle? How have you been? It had been some time since they'd seen each other. Even in his somewhat dejected state, he thought it was nice to see him here.
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Hmmm, that was weird. Eastwood had never seemed so cagey before, especially about Helix. Whatever. He gave an imperceptible shrug, starting to pad away and motioning for the boy to follow. It was nice to hear Trigedasleng; he had gotten used to the common tongue since arriving. The brute slipped slowly back into his native language. I was doing the same thing. Come join me.

There was a beat of silence as he waited for his nephew to catch up before speaking again. Os. It's been weird getting used to peace again. I don't like it when things are calm, so I'll probably have to stir shit up soon. He canted his head at Eastwood, brows raised in query. You know what I mean?
Common · Trigedasleng
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
East gladly accepted the invitation, moving to his uncle's side and easily falling into step with him. He couldn't help but smile a little at Vercingetorix's words and subsequent look. He shook his head. I don't know. I kind of enjoy the peace sometimes, he answered with a shrug. His life had enough trouble on it's own, so it was nice to be somewhere where not much was happening. Not to mention the war had taken his father, and he was happy to never have to deal with that kind of loss ever again, although he knew it was most likely impossible. He stopped to rub against a tree, sniffing around it afterwards to ensure he had left enough scent there before coming back to his uncle's side. I could go for some excitement every now and then, though, he added, shooting a playful look to his family member. Quiet did get kind of boring sometimes, and he was never opposed to a little harmless fun, especially when he needed a distraction from the heavier aspects of his life.
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He couldn't see it. Well, he could, but he was notoriously terrible at getting down to an emotional level with others. Meh. He grinned, nudging his shoulder to his nephew's, then sauntering away to piss all over a small bit of ocean shrubbery.

That's the spirit, Vercingetorix said, lifting his leg and letting the stream go with a small sigh of contentment. He blinked at Eastwood, completely nonplussed. We gotta find you a nice piece of ass, man. Girl or guy--doesn't matter which way you swing. Excitement on their back and peace in their kisses. Perfect balance if that's what you're looking for.

He finished and shook himself slightly, trotting back to the other with an inquisitive stare. Got anyone around here?
Common · Trigedasleng
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He waited for his uncle to finish marking whatever plant he chose, thinking silently about his question. He had to admit, he hadn't been thinking much about being with anyone since arriving here. He had been pretty distracted with his mom mess, but he wouldn't really turn down anything if the opportunity presented itself, as long as it was uncomplicated of course. Um, girl. And no, I haven't really been looking, he replied with a another shrug. I don't know that I'm really up for starting anything serious, he added, beginning to walk again. That just seemed like kind of a lot right now. Plus, they would expect things from him that he wasn't really sure he was able to give right now, even if they were like his uncle so colorfully described. 

What about you? Eastwood asked. Have anyone like that?
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Vercingetorix snorted, shaking his head. Who said anything about serious? he responded, aiming a smirk at Eastwood. Don't overthink it, man. It doesn't have to be forever--or even for awhile. Not every girl wants to shack up for life. Only most of them did, right?

Nah, he said, shaking his head. Nothing here yet. Still testing the waters. Maybe he'd go and see Takiyok again. But oh, was she stiff! The argument could be made that good loving would set her right, but that might be too big of a chance to bank on. Was it worth his time, going out on that limb?

It wasn't like there was much around here in the way of romance--most of them were related to him or actual, honest to God youths. And you didn't wanna dip down below a year, really. Bad move.
Common · Trigedasleng
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
I guess so. It's kind of hard to find women like that, though, he answered with a shrug, stopping to mark a tree that hugged their border. When he finished, he fell back into step with Vercigetorix. He hadn't exactly been spending much time testing that theory, but in general, women wanted some kind of a commitment, even if they said they didn't want that at first. It usually ends the same way, and he just wasn't in the mood to deal with that shit. 

He gave a half smile in response to his uncle's next statement. Well, I'll keep an eye out for you. Just because he wasn't particularly interested in pursuing anyone didn't mean he could help his uncle out.
Common · Trigedasleng
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Verx snorted at the sentiment, though had to give a click of his tongue in agreement. Eastwood was right; women tended to be clingy, as a whole. Still, he knew the free spirits were out there. He'd had enough of them, anyway, or at least girls who pretended to be of that nature.

Thanks, fam, the guardian responded, giving his nephew another playful nudge. Glad you're here. It's starting to seem like home, now. Which wasn't altogether an amazing feeling, considering he'd followed Heda partially to get the fuck away from Trigeda for a while. . .but it was undoubtedly peaceful.
wrap this up? <3
Common · Trigedasleng
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sounds good!
EDIT: I hope you don't mind me adding more of an ending and archiving this! It's my final merc thread. :D

East smiled a little at the playful affection. He actually was beginning to think of the cliffs as home too, especially now that things with his mom were more or less going in a much better direction. It was even better that he had more family here now. I'm glad you're here too, Uncle, he replied. 

He trotted ahead, finding another tree that could use a good scent marking and rubbed against it. After he was satisfied with his work, he looked back to Vercingetorix. Patrol a little longer? East asked, glad for the distraction and not quite ready to call it quits.

Assuming he agreed, East continued along the borders, content to patrol with his uncle and looking forward to spending more time with him in the future.
Common · Trigedasleng