Blacktail Deer Plateau i want what's out of reach
10 Posts
Ooc — belle
Joining 
helluuu have grumpy coywolf

It was in the midst of the bitter afternoon that she crawled herself to the plateau - originally, she had simply intended to stroll right past, belly aching for a meal before she closed her eyes for a nap, but then another thought had washed into her skull. Companionship seemed to be far more powerful than she had ever considered before; many lone wolves she had encountered did not travel in their lonesome, driven by the motivation of their friend alone. Winter's frozen fingers had already begun to wrap around the teekon, and Anwara was unsure if she'd survive the season alone (though she'd have preferred to go solo as usual). The coywolf had no desire to rely on another, not really, but she'd rather suck it up than die.

Crimson fur glistened in the sun - pale beams of remaining sunlight sliced through the clouds with a sharpness that glinted in the gold eyes of the Kinaaz, who slowed to a halt at the borders. The wound on her ankle had closed, so her mind whirred to come up with something else to complain about wherever possible; right now, it was the weather. It was way too fucking cold. As if on cue, Anwara's coat was swept by a harsh burst of wind, dustings of snow flicking into her eyes and causing her to release an irritated yap of shock before glaring daggers toward the plateau - the sooner she swooped her ass into there, the better... she'd get a den 'n all, right? She wet her lips with a salmon tongue before they shot toward the sky, an urgant call for whichever wolves had managed to scrape a place at the top (in this case, @Liri and @Kavik).

Oh no. Now she'd have to interact with others without biting their faces off, or she'd get her own bitten off, and it would be the fox incident all over again - except she'd probably walk out of it looking like a pile of mashed tomatoes. Nice.
i will take what is mine with fire and blood
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
<3

He had spent most of the morning going through the caches again to make sure nothing needed to be removed. It hadn't taken long because since the time he had found something rotting in one of them, he had been sure to check them more frequently. He should probably make sure Ruenna kept an eye on them too. Winter was here, and food would be more scarce through the cold months, so they would need to make sure what they had was kept properly. Once he had finished his task, he made his way to the river to wash himself up as much as he could.

He had been in the frigid water only a few minutes when the call rang out across the plateau. Kavik moved from the water to shake out is thick, inky coat before heading towards the borders. It seemed the winter was bringing wolves in from the lone wolf life, well at least that had been the case with the other stranger that had called him from the borders recently. Curious to see what this wolf needed from him today, he quickly moved through the trees that covered the plateau. He arrived to find a vermilion female and came to stand in front of her, offering her a dip of his head in greeting before adding, I'm Kavik, one of the alphas here. How can I help you?
I'm no good without you
10 Posts
Ooc — belle
apologising for her in advance lmao <3

It was a man with a shadowed pelt that emerged from the undergrowth, paws drawing him ever closer to the crimson coywolf. His tone was polite, though his introduction assured his place here - the alpha male. Anwara's muscles tensed, momentarily forgetting every single word that could have fallen from her tongue; not due to anxiety, or shock... she just forgot.

Damn it.

The Kinaaz cringed inwardly at herself, but quickly shrugged it off and attempted to muster at least a smidge of pride, only to remember she was supposed to be submissive, respectful. "Right. Nice, ok." A sharp inhale of air was sucked through her teeth. "Y'all got any spaces here? I'm looking for somewhere to stick around over winter." Her head ducked a fraction and she ensured she was not attempting to rise herself to a full height - a habit from her lonesome travels. "Name's Anwara."
i will take what is mine with fire and blood
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No, I love her!

This was new; most offered a few pleasantries before stating their reason for being at the borders. Most of the time, they wanted the same thing as the fiery female in front of him, so as surprised as he was at her delivery, he was not surprised to hear her request. 

It's nice to meet you Anwara, he stated first with a dip of his head. We do have space here. They had plenty of space, and Kavik was pretty lenient about the types of wolves he let in; he wasn't in the business of turning away those in need of a place to stay. He did like to make sure they were somewhat capable first. What kind of skills would you bring with you? the alpha asked next; just a quick preliminary question. He assumed she would have the same answers as most.
I'm no good without you