Wheeling Gull Isle Seven Matches
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
And I kept them dry 
And as long as there were three 
I'd be fine 

--------------------------------------------------

Some eight inches of snow had fallen overnight, making travel much more difficult for the wayward soul, but she found it easier to stick as close to the shore as possible, until the winds had picked up. They'd been so strong that the dry air had hurt her eyes, forcing her to go further inland and lose herself for a few days in a forest, before she sniffed her way back to the beach, following alongside the faithful creek she had been haunting. It wasn't until morning came and the snow and wind had both settled into an eerie calm that she finally caught sight of the landbridge, and her memories came flooding back. 

Before anything else, there was darkness- but warmth and comfort. And even when light came into the picture, that same darkness remained as a marker of love and nurturing, disrupted only by a pair of two cerulean eyes, doleful and playful all at the same time. Those were her mother's eyes, which had looked down upon her with nothing but unconditional love. She longed for @Coelacanth's touch again, as she approached the landbridge, but also for for her father, @Stockholm, whose features she recognized in her own reflection as she moved past the beach's farthest reach, and onto the land bridge that would lead her to her home. She remembered @Koi, @Six and @Grayling, and hoped they hadn't forgotten her- or given up on her. Her cherished packmates too were remembered, as well as the way the water had risen up and arched over the land bridge when the storm had hit. Now, off in the distance, dark clouds threatened to bring a similar threat back to the bay- but she would be across well before it made landfall. 

Once she reached the island she called out, singing a high and beautiful song- one similar to the song she'd sung to the dying whale on the beach- to alert her family that she was home. She saw no need to wait, as she knew she would be welcome- always. 

--------------------------------------------------
As long as there were two 
Matches in that jar 
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Tagging @Ford to doublecheck whether this level of assumption is okay. Please PM me if you want me to change it! ♥ Other tags are for reference purposes.

The young mother pinned her ears back as a gust of wind threatened to tear them from her crown, but she could not berate the storm — not today! For along with the cold saline from the northeast rushed a telltale song, lilting and undulating in a way that was not natural for most wolves but that was second nature for —

“Treasure!” Seelie breathed. She catapulted from the roots of the mother tree, where she had been taking her ease after a grueling search along the coastline. She’d carefully skirted the pack that claimed the bay, believing that they were the same pack she’d encountered once before — experience told her that wolves came and went, so it had not concerned or alarmed her that the scent signature was different than when she’d visited with @Faeryn. (In fact, she had not noticed at all, being so concerned with finding Thresher before the storm hit in earnest.) Her time on the island had made her ignorant of a great many things that occurred on the mainland, but after this incident she had made up her mind to educate her children about the wilds in full — and to journey more frequently to the mainland so they could find their way home.

When she spotted her small, fine-feathered girl, a hiccupping sob rose within her breast; her flanks heaved in tandem with the swift push of her hindquarters as she fairly levitated to her golden daughter and sought to cradle her close. “Treasure, my Treasure, welcome home!” she whispered, covering her in tears and kisses.
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
As soon as the dark form of her small mother began to run toward her, Thresher flattened her little ears and skittered toward her mother until they fell together, wrigglign with happiness as she pressed herself as close against her mother as she could. She rubbed her muzzle along Coelacanth's neck, nuzzling her nose deep into the silky black fur there, whining softly as her mother fawned over her. She kissed the tears away form her mother's cheek and nuzzled her cheek as she was welcomed back home again. She wanted to see her father, her brothers and sister- but every second she now held with her mother was a tender memory she would never forget. 

"The bridge...The waves..." She murmured, trying to provide an explanation. "Hit head...Woke up, and couldn't remember..." She said. She recalled the death of the whale, but pushed that memory aside as it made her feel sad. "Strangers' kindness, fed me," She said, alluding to not just one but a couple wolves who had helped her while she had been lost. "Found the way home...Love you," She said, burying her muzzle deep in the fur of her mother's neck.
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
I’ll ease up on my replies a bit to let the other seawolves welcome her home, too! ♥

The sheepdog listened carefully to her daughter, tufted ears straining forward upon her skull to catch every stray syllable. All the while, her muzzle poked and prodded the girl in a ticklish, probing manner, and one feathered forelimb swept to cradle the dainty wisp more tightly against her breast. “Home now. Safe now,” she breathed worshipfully, seeking to reassure herself as much as Thresher that this was indeed so. She was eternally grateful that Stockholm’s miniature had encountered only kind strangers — at least, that’s how it sounded — and said so: “Good wolves,” she praised them, hoping that wherever they were, they were happy and hale and well-protected from the coming storm. It was Thresher who received her highest praise, though. “My smart, brave, beauty, dear — my good girl,” she murmured, picking only the finest words from her garden to present to the little fawn.
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Thresher was doted on, complimented and caressed by her mother who didn't seem to deem it necessary that her daughter should be punished for exploring too far. No punishment necessarily would have been needed, regardless, as Thresher was the sort of wolf who would punish herself enough internally for having been gone too far, and for too long. Any additional punishment might have made her even more shy and backward than she already was. She might receive more restrictions later- but right now, she was simply pleased to reunite with her mother, snuggling up against her and listening to the sweet words her mother used to calm her and welcome her home.