Blackfeather Woods and then my blood rushed to my face
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
lips moved in a silent prayer for maegi; her head bowed before the altar.
winter had swept fully in to settle, and the young woman had not returned. and while blackfeather was a place of known safety, at least in many other ways, she was unsure how the melonii would fare outside their borders, the land rife with enemies, and her twisted foot an obstacle to hunting alone.
but maegi had gone, and there was nothing to be done. she must forge her own way.
and until she returned, relmyna would pray.
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
sleep had become her worst enemy believe it or not. imagine that, something simple as sleep would become the pale soldier's biggest issue. for with sleep came everything else and she was left frozen and powerless to fight it off. she would wake now with a start, panting heavily as she clambered out from the small hollow she'd practically burrowed into a few hours ago. or had it even been hours? who knew at this point. what had to be the worst thing about this inability to sleep wasn't even the fear, hell not to sound cocky or anything but she could deal with that. it was the affect it had on her ability to remain alert in the real world- exhaustion was the deadly enemy here.

also sleeping under a few tree roots was definitely not good enough with winter on the loose and indeed her bones were stiff with the cold although her thick arctic pelt did a good job at trapping her body heat. she'd just felt the need to be out in the air where she could look up and see the night sky broken by the criss crossing branches above. 

she'd stroll now through the forest, trying to gather her bearings and shake off the remnants of her sleep before readying to face yet another day. however her attention was snatched upon spotting the form of another not too far off- a few steps closer and she'd realise it was none other than the listener. undeniably intrigued by what she seemed to be at, tundra would approach the older woman slowly. her head would tilt to the side curiously as she'd speak softly "relmyna" her head would dip in respectful greeting but she remained unsure as to what the woman was doing and wether she would appreciate the interruption. "am i intruding?" she'd remain ready to leave with no offence if it was so requested.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
relmyna did not fault tundra for disturbing her, yet the set of her head was weary as she lifted it, reopening seafoam eyes to settle on the newcomer. hello, tundra, came her noiseless greeting. a shake of her head in answer to the woman's question, but her gaze returned to the altar, always, always. never had her prayers failed to leave her without some semblance of peace after; even now, she leant into the whispering of the mother and relaxed.
are you a spiritual creature? came the listener's inquiry. keeping to herself as she had been, relmyna realized she knew little about the dealings of the others in her pack. a failing, she supposed; blackfeather curled in on itself in dying throes, and she could not be roused from even her own reverie.
mouthed words | thoughts
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
sorry for the wait!

she is not turned away however she does notice the weariness that seems to cloak the other, if she were to guess she'd be confident to say something troubled her. although was that much of a surprise? there were very few wolves she'd come across that were completely carefree and those that were closest to it seemed slightly well....slower. oh to be dumb and happy....she would've snorted lightly at her own aimless thoughts was it not for where she was and the gaze that observes the scene is as dark and serious as ever. her own creamy head dips in wordless greeting as tentative steps draw her closer.

she was always a wolf dominated by silence but she felt the need to maintain the quiet even more so than ever, paying special attention to avoid snapping any dry twigs littering the floor. there's a curiosity burning within as she watches the listener, what was she doing? however it becomes much clearer when the woman looks back up and asks her was she spiritual. praying, of course. remembering flicker's little warning about how the wolves of blackfeather respected certain gods, tundra shakes her head but it is in no way disdainful- merely honest. "i never was, the only reason i'm here now is due to my own getting myself here, i never had help." a slight shrug of her shoulders is given, it's the truth even if it would prove to be an unpopular opinion here. "however i guess i was brought up to think that way" she allows, although she doubts it maybe things would have been different had the situation been.

"i presume you are?" she finally murmurs, nodding at what must be some sort of altar. she knows well she is of course but the easiest way to go about it is just to ask.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no prob!

it was strange to relmyna that there were wolves who did not believe in gods. for herself, the listener could recall no time before mephala and sithis — they had guided her since she had awakened in blackfeather once more. it was through them she had been granted memories piecing together the creature she had been before, given her the knowledge of her first child. relmyna knew she would be forever unable to forsake them.
yes, the ageing wolf answered, with a fond glance toward the altar. the spirits of this place are why i bear the title listener; they speak, and i am their mouthpiece. well, relmyna added, bemused, in a way. whatever had stolen her tongue, she still did not know, but there was comfort in that even.
i think we do not seek help unless we need it, the woman went on, looking to tundra now. and most of us never ask for it, even when we do.
mouthed words | thoughts