Blackfeather Woods people are particularly stupid today; i can't talk to any more of them
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
Back-dated a month or so because I'm awful. Piper's just looking for clues to find Lucas.

The girl had passed the mountains after a great deal of effort and time only to find herself looking upon a vast expanse of wilderness that she'd never imagined to have existed. Her eyes roamed the dappling of trees and the stretch of open fields that gave way to hills and water, and great stone structures. Beyond the stretch of flatter terrain was another jutting set of mountains that seemed to spike some alarm in the young girl. She wasn't certain that she would have been able to find her way over another. It was far enough away that she pushed it from her mind for the time being and made her way down and near to the closest set of woods.

Once she had drawn up to the borders, she noted the sharp scents that barricaded the rest of the world off from the pack in the wood. Her eyes gave way her fearful emotions as she tiptoed around the corners of the territory, hoping to remain as quiet as she possibly could. The Redleaf girl feared asking for help from the types of wolves who would mark their borders so ominously. After some time, her fears were swallowed by her weary little heart, and she thought only of her brother as she drew her head back and called for someone to meet her.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
a call rises from the borders and wintersbane, already close, makes his way to answer it with a stir of curiosity beneath his breast. hostility has taken root there — he's always been territorial but the latest events only appeared to have nurtured this — only to soothe once he shrugs through the dark branches, slipping out of the darkest shadows with disregard as his glacial gaze falls upon the one who called. she may be dressed in fires like the woman that had escaped from them — could've been her daughter, easily — but she is young. still a child. wintersbane isn't good at telling specific ages by sight alone but he doubts she's even seen her first birthday yet.

his posture relaxes as he draws nearer, salmon pink tongue swiping across his jowls. the dark brother initiate knows that there are protocols and he is meant to be the big bad wolf that haunts the shadows of nightmares to children and adults alike but ...but as an aspiring cubsitter that just doesn't sit well with him. and she's obviously nervous ( if not frightened ). part of him thinks she is wise to be scared, uneasy: she is alone on the doorstep of one of the oldest and most ill-reputed pack in these wilds.

hello, the tundrian breaks the silence, smoky voice taking a softer tone. a tone he used with tywyll and oft uses with astara — unless she's trying to munch his ear off, 'course. then he gets a bit snippy about it — a tone meant to be non-threatening. despite what may say otherwise the girl is in no danger from him. wintersbane allows the pause to continue here, unsure of what he wants to say. a few things come to mind but after a quick analysis he assumes that everything that flitted to his mind might only make her more nervous.

why have you called? he asks instead, non-accusingly. he asks it simply out of curiosity ...because this situation was, undoubtedly, curious.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
hi my name’s nosey and this is my son, sad grandfather that doesn’t know u. feel free to skip if he goes unacknowledged !!

Whilst the younger male was near, Kove was far. With the time it took him to make his way over, he assumed the guest to have been welcomed already; this was proven to be true as he spotted the unique coat of the  Brother-to-be. He slowed to a steady trot before stopping entirely, keeping back just enough to not impose on their conversation but, at the same time, close enough to at least be seen. He eyed the girl with a hint of curiosity, taking in the vibrant colour of her pelt and her nerves. That she was worried came as no surprise, and actually kept him from taking any steps closer. Being a father himself, the Inuk wanted not to be the one to further frighten a child, and so he would remain back until—if—she calmed down.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
A big sort of fellow met her at the edges of the pack, and it was really the first time that the young girl had started to realize that she might have made a terrible mistake for herself. The shape of the stranger was enough to cause her to quiver in her place, but she did what she could to steady herself before dipping her head. His voice struck her cupped ears, and though she held her skull down for far too long, when she drew her gaze back to look at him... he didn't appear as though he would cause harm to her. Little did she know that the shape of a fierce white brute was hidden in the background. Really, she was mostly transfixed by the man with the deep voice who had met her at the borders.

“I... uh...” fuck Piper did you already forget why you were here? What's wrong with you? The girl gritted her teeth together and offered him a sheepish little smile. “I'm looking for my brother. He went missing a while back and... we've all been really worried about him,” she finally sputtered. It was that reminder that gave her strength to stand beneath the stare of the large male. If she was capable, she would have given him a steely eye to show him that she really meant business. Instead, she clenched her jaws and waited to see if the brute would turn her away.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane grows aware of the approach of nearing footfalls and though his gaze does not drift from the hesitant girl at their borders, an ear cocks back in the direction of the dark master — acknowledged with a glimpse spared over his shoulder. wintersbane knew it hadn't been relmyna, if only because the listener would no doubt have stepped to his side. it is more than a bit surprising to see the elusive man himself but wintersbane hides it well. it occurs to him that he should not feel shocked to see the alpha of his own pack. the dark master hangs back and wintersbane turns his attention back to the girl.

she is in no danger from him but the dark master? well, wintersbane has no idea.

she stutters out a response: that she was looking for her lost brother. evidently, puppies losing their way and disappearing from packs ( not unlike himself so many moons ago now ) was quite a common occurrence in these wilds. it reminds him to keep a firm eye on his own future spawn — if he ever has any — for mephala help if they are anything like he'd been as a cub: stupid, selfish and arrogant.

i have not seen any lost cubs, the only one he had came across had been tywyll. and he'd returned him safe and sound to the redhawks. even so that'd been months ago. a quick assessment tells him that the the boy is likely the same age as her: not quite yet a year old but old enough to take care of himself. and we've had none come to our borders. she is the first brave child to show up here in quite some time, he thinks. i travel a bit. if you could give a description of him i might be able to tell you if i've seen anyone fitting it. or i could keep my eyes open. wintersbane offers. he travels for recruitment purposes but that isn't information that is relevant to her quest.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A missing brother brought her there. Losing a sibling was something he knew all too well, though he hoped her brother had not suffered the same fate as his own kin. He was content to stay back and listen, wondering, too, about the appearance of the missing child; Kove did not often leave the woods but he could at least keep an eye out from his borders, if need be. For though the woods was not exactly known as being the sort to seek out missing children—lest they be commissioned to do so—the Dark Master was drawn to the story on a personal level.

And so, he waited, hearing honed in on the girl.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The big fellow peered at her with an expression that caused her to shake a bit. The firefly did what she could to keep herself strong and hold her ground; she knew she had approached their borders the best way possible and she had not disrespected them with her actions. Though he was a frightening beast and he seemed to dwell in the most fearsome packs, the girl did not wish to show him her weaknesses. She did everything that she could to ground herself where she was and face him with confidence.

It seemed as though he only met her with disappointment. The girl listened as he remarked on how he had not happened upon any stray pups in his travels. A heavy sigh passed through her dark lips, and she lost much of the strength in her shoulders. The big man did ask what Lucas looked like, and the fiery girl looked to him with a surprised expression. She'd anticipated that he would turn her away and leave her to wonder if he ever really cared about her lost sibling.

“Oh! He kinda looks like me but he's got this really pretty tan fur instead of red, and his eyes are blue like the creek,” she explained, trying to come up with the best way to describe her brother. The thought of him made her heart crinkle inside of her chest, but she forced herself to swallow the feelings that lingered. “His name is Lucas... if that helps,” Piper added with a confident nod. It was in that moment that her gaze caught sight of the pale Dark Master in the shadows. Her jaw almost dropped, but she stiffened her frame and held her ground with as much courage as she was capable of mustering.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane's glacial gaze takes in the surprised expression that dominates the girl's facial expressions at his offer. her surprise isn't unwarranted, he deduces. if she knows anything about blackfeather woods — or rather the rumors that surround their pack — making offers to help a child find their lost sibling isn't something they'd do. but wintersbane doesn't speak for the pack — he speaks for himself.

is it likely he'll stumble across her brother? not very. but there isn't any harm in keeping a keen eye open for the boy during his recruitment drives.

she delves into an description: kinda like her but pretty tan fur instead of red and blue eyes the color of the creek. lucas. wintersbane gives a firm nod to acknowledge that he has the information she offers him. looks like you but with tan fur and creek blue eyes. named lucas. he repeats back to her as he tucks the information away. say i do happen to find him, what direction should i send him in? ...should i give him a message? wintersbane inquires shifting his weight, watching as her eyes are drawn to kove whom remains a looming presence in the background.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A family of curious appearances.

Just as Wintersbane did, the elder listened to the description as it was given. He, too, had never seen a wolf matching the appearance of the missing boy—granted, he didn’t leave home much but, even still, he was always watching out beyond the borders. Having the information that he’d been waiting for, he readied himself to turn and take his leave, only to be stopped by the fact that he was spotted. Standing there, he stared back at the girl for a long second, contemplating his next move, before breaking away from the shadows and joining his pack mate; he remained relaxed the entire time, though he did keep his tail and head raised just a tad bit higher, letting his place be known without being assertive—to constantly do so was a tiring thing, after all.

“Or would you rather us tell him to meet you somewhere that you are both familiar with?” he asked shortly after his approach, adding onto the younger male’s offer. And though he, perhaps, should have tried to make a contract out of this ordeal, he could not—he could not demand things in exchange for a service, not when it involved the life of a child.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
He repeated her description back to her and Piper grinned at him with wildfire in her eyes. He had done well to take in the information that she’d provided, and she appreciated that he had offered it back to her in order to make sure that it was correct. She bobbed her head in agreement to his echo and then she was fixed with an inquiry that she wasn’t sure how to answer.

Piper really didn’t like getting sappy. She thought that people who got emotional were just too damn much to deal with, but she couldn’t help that she missed her brother dearly and she wanted him to return home. So, as she chewed on the inside of her cheek, she composed a small message that she hoped would be easy to remember for the man who had already recalled so many of the details she had provided.

“I guess just let him know that Piper’s looking for him… and mom’s real worried. Tell him just to come home – even if he doesn’t want to stay – just to let mom know he’s okay,” she offered in a softer tone, but her steely expression didn’t change. It was in that moment that the Redleaf girl wondered if her brother would even remember how to get back home that the white reaper appeared from the shadows and approached their conversation. It seemed as though he had been listening the entire time, and he had questions of his own.

“Bearclaw Valley, if he still remembers how to get there,” the girl answered the new male with a small nod of her head.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i'm going to go ahead and say this is the last post for bane & me. :-)

the dark master interjects and smoothly seemingly takes control of the meeting, letting his presence be known verbally now as well. a glimpse is sent in the older man's way though it is brief. his attention flits back to the girl who calls herself piper and gives him the message that she'd liked relayed if her brother happens to be stumbled upon. it's short and easy enough to remember. wintersbane offers the girl a firm nod of acknowledgement. i'll let him know if i see him. the tundrian promises in a deep rumble. he has enough information to be able to accurately direct lucas ...should he ever stumble across him and thus does not figure he needs to linger any more. if you'll excuse me, i should be on my way. with a farewell gesture of his head he departs the scene and leaves the girl at the borders with kove.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Arriving there, Kove had expected little to arise from the meeting. A mere child searching for her missing brother, and a request to send him home, should they happen upon him—but she was not a mere child, was she? He nodded first but it was not until the other male departed that he allowed his expression to soften with curiosity and wonder, the mention alone of Bearclaw bringing forth fond memories.

“Bearclaw Valley,” he repeated back, though it was not a question. “Were you born there? Who are your parents?” He had yet to confirm who now reigned over the valley but still firmly believed it was a child of his—Desna, no, he was certain, but there were three others that could have taken back their place of birth. Or, perhaps, this girl was of that Indra woman’s blood. Either way, she had his interest, and it was no longer due only to her missing brother.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
pls forgive the wait on this

The questions were pretty direct to be just out of curiosity. Unfortunately for Piper, she didn’t have the mind to think of why he might have been asking. Even more unfortunately for Kove, the young Redleaf girl knew next to nothing about who her father was. She had never met the man, and she hadn’t recalled her mother or her aunt Indra talking about who it might have been. She had even looked for someone who might have fit her coloration or shared the same glint in their eyes, but she had been unsuccessful in her feats. She wondered if perhaps that was what Lucas had gone to do.

“My mother is Laurel Redleaf, but I don’t know my father,” she explained to him with a shrug of her shoulders. To Piper, it was nothing to be saddened about. She really didn’t know what she was missing out on. Her life had been good enough, and she had been treated with enough love to never have felt like she was missing out on something. “Why do you ask?” she then inquired to him with a pointed stare.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
right back atcha y i k e s i forget about this every time i do replies

Laurel Redleaf. Another name that was unfamiliar to him, yet dwelling within the home that was once his own. It was a strange thing to realise—that wolves he’d never met could so easily enter and take claim to the kingdom that was once his. Strange, and terribly so, but logical; for land as idealistic as the valley to sit void of inhabitants almost seemed a crime. “Out of curiosity, I suppose,” he returned with, though perhaps that was not entirely the truth. Partially, yes, but certainly not fully.

“Do you know a woman named Indra?” he asked next. “How about Nanook, Sesi, or Xan?” Desna would not return, he was confident of that, but what of the others? And what of Indra? The woman had helped Maegi when he could not, had provided her with a place to heal and lick her wounds. If at all possible, he would like to thank her someday—or, in the very least, pass the message along through a packmate of hers.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
It shouldn't have been too surprising to the girl that her answer left him with further questions. She was curious about why he wanted to know so much in the first place. Her eyes were squinted sharply on him, and she stood stiffly, unsure about his motives for such queries. The names that were offered seemed to be peculiar, but she knew of two of them – one of them incredibly well – and she nodded her head in response.

“Indra is my aunt,” she told him with a small nod. “And I'm pretty sure I heard her arguing with my mom about a guy named Xan but I was pretty young...” she then responded with a shrug and a frown that suggested she really didn't give a rat's ass. She could have dreamed about it, too, but there was no way to be sure of that. “Why?” Piper then demanded with a furrowed brow expression on her features.