Blackfeather Woods you must be haunted
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
anyone is welcomed to join and please feel free to pp the crow if wanted!

The evening had brought with it a roll of fog. It swept between the trees and swaddled those who lived within the forest. Well, perhaps not everyone. It did for Jakoul though. Her hunched over form was content to root about some of the trees. She was not on the search for anything in particular but perhaps she could find something worthwhile. A task unfinished or a scent leading to something.

A crow seemed to have a different idea though. It swooshed through the trees before letting out a caw. Its feathered form landing on a branch not far from her. In an usual sighting from her usual hunched form, her front legs moved up to help her stand against. With a curiously tilted head, she admired the feathered creature (who was surely plotting something...) for the time being.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She had been watching the woman since her arrival, and now found it right to come out of the shadows, dual-hued gaze fixed on the newcomer. The crow gave her a look but carried on with whatever it was engaged with; the birds here knew Maegi, and she them. They both understood the other was no threat. (One of the many things that enamored her to Blackfeather Woods, this strange symbiosis).

Hello, she greeted, sidling up next to the woman, although a few tail-lengths away. I don't know you. I'm assuming my brother or Mou let you in, given that you haven't been chased out yet? There was a little bit of humor in her voice, but only trace amounts; she mostly was just curious—and wary.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
thanks for joining! <3

Hello.

Her form dropped back to the earth the moment she heard the first word from the stranger. The crow took the chance to swoop low over the lithe form of Jakoul. It caused her to hunch more than usual, seeking the earth as a form of comfort. Her brain assumed the lower she was, the less harm was to come.

No chase. She whispered with carefulness. It was then that Jakoul realized she had never received the name of the male who had allowed her to stay. Mou and My Brother meant nothing to her. She knew of two males. One colored odd like a mystical creature and one tattered with scars like the tale of a warrior given life. Scars. She was poor at explaining things with words and the nervous sway of her tail would likely convey her embarrassment. Scars let stay. She mumbled before her form repeated what she had done at the borders.

If she wasn't stopped from doing so, Jakoul would expose her underside to the stranger in hopes of making things go smoothly once more.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi looked confused as the woman lowered herself, having not been well acquainted with such overt signs of submission. Rather than doing the opposite, which some would, she settled back on her haunches, ears pushed forward atop her head to catch the words. At scars, her face relaxed into a small smile, for there was only one wolf that could be.

Mou, she confirmed, nodding. His name is Mou. And— Oh, uh, you don't have to do that, she added as the newcomer rolled, exposing her belly. It's fine. Just—just tell me your name?

She swiped her tongue along her jowls, feeling incredibly self-conscious. I'm Maegi, she offered. My brother, Mou, and I look after this forest. I was born here. Perhaps the extra information would bring her out of the shell she so clearly was stuck in.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She was informed that Scars was Mou. It was an easy name to pronounce surely. Just to be safe she tested it in a breathy mumble. M...Mou. Yes yes, that would do. She rolled back over slowly with her form still close to the earth. The best way to describe her position was close to lying down but still crouched.

Jakoul. She hummed her name with a few excited sways of her tail. This was going good or she that's how she say it. Then she was presented with another name to remember. Today was a learning day, it seemed. Maegi and Mou were names she would hold closely now.

Her silver gaze looked around the forest around them. Shrouded in fog and hiding more life than she likely knew. Look after... Her voice trailed off as her gaze drifted back to Maegi's features. I help?
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi dipped her muzzle gently. Hello, Jakoul, she greeted. Of course you can help. Now that you're here, I'd expect you to help, she added wryly. It wouldn't do for her to not pitch in, after all. Everyone had their talents; Maegi wondered what Jakoul's were.

What are you good at? she asked, pursuing this line of questioning. To clarify, she continued, Hunting? Fighting? Healing? We need all of those skills and more. Especially hunting. She thought of their last disastrous hunt and smirked sheepishly. They couldn't survive on that kind of ineptitude.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
This woman was a kind one. Jakoul did not mind that she talked so much. Their tone was soothing and did not stir anxiety from the lithe female. She did not feel threatened by the...distance of abilitiy between them.

She recognized the list of jobs and with that questioning wording she realized it was clear what was being ask. She was to do one. But which? She had been taught the basics of survival. Hunting. Perhaps she was not the one to do take downs but she was patient and keen on seeing the job through. Food motivated perhaps. Scout. Watch. It should have been no surprise that her willowy form was keen on slinking about, watching for anything and everything. Prey and predators.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Her lips curled in obvious pleasure. Excellent, she responded with a nod. Hunting is certainly a weakness of mine; I would love to learn more from you, sometime. She lifted her twisted, curled forepaw in illustration, looking rueful. Can't stalk or chase prey very well with this. I have to find a way to adjust.

Scouts, too, would be useful, especially for watching the borders. You should meet my brother Ramsay soon, Maegi said, glancing through the trees as if she expected him to materialize between them. Her gaze returned to Jakoul after a moment. He keeps good watch over our borders, but I'm sure he would like more help. And it's always good to have a face and name to put with the scent.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
This was a new request to Jakoul. She had never been asked to teach someone before. She had always been the student. Which was for the best, with the way she lacked the ability to speak so fluently and freely. Teachers spoke and informed. Jakoul mashed words together here and there with the hopes they made some sort of sense.

Regardless, she would be willing sense she had been asked. No deformed paw would deter Jakoul from doing what she could to improve the hunting skills. Work...me, you. What was the saying she had been told countless times before? Something about groups. Better in numbers. That had to be it. And something close to a smile seemed to ghost across her usually fretful face.

As she grew more comfortable, her form carefully shuffled upwards. Hunched over to still be small but no longer crouched. Sitting. Her head carefully nodded as she was informed further of both the faces that lived here and what she might do. I help. This time it did not ring as a question. It was a strong (as strong as her breathy voice could manage) statement.

For once she did not look so submissive or fearful. It was easy to see that she looked rather pleased.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
fade this out or keep going? :)

Better in numbers made a lot of sense to her. The three leaders had struggled to take down a deer the other day; with double the wolves, their luck might have turned. Especially wolves that were skilled in hunting. She nodded, pleased to see the impassive expression of the other light with some emotion.

We're happy to have your help, Maegi said, her voice undoubtedly warm. She dipped her muzzle toward the darkness of the forest, where the trees grew thicker and closer together. Can I have a hunting lesson now, or are you busy with something? She wouldn't intrude if Jakoul was already occupied.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
we can fade out and assume some off screen interaction if that's okay? also open to hunting threads with these two whenever you're free <3

The question was met with a smile. She felt valued and wanted already despite her short time here. The tones that others used to speak to her was never hostile. Not yet, at least. Her tail swished behind her as she carefully moved closer to Maegi. Come. She whispered carefully before her lithe form toed off into the deeper parts of the forest. With the two of them, surely they could find something to test their skills on.