Barrow Fields Oh, can you extract me from my plastic fantasy
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
I really need to change this song that I am naming my threads after for a different one. This title is very weird. Heh... Oh, and you get my no. 200 thread! :) @Blossom

There fields that spread from the foot of the Sunspire mountains all the way to a small stretch of forest by the oceanside were peculiar to say the least. Wraen did not have to be a geologist to notice that the mounds did not seem like something nature had made itself, too similar in size and shape, too perfect for an artist, who enjoyed spontaneity and experimentation with various styles. She had arrived here after a morning run to get some warmth inside her bones and muscles, stiff and cold from spending the previous freezing night outside. And stayed longer than initially planned, wandering among these odd formations and observing them.

After the fifth mound it seemed that they all were the same and that the sixth would not offer much of an excitement. So to make it so, just out of a whim, Wraen climbed up to the very top of one of them and sat down, overlooking the surrounding area as a self-proclaimed queen of the whole territory.
45 Posts
Ooc — xynien
LMAO! dresden dolls/amanda palmer tho ❤
he's realized that while it's quite beautiful inland, he doesn't like being away from the coast. there seem to be several groups residing oceanside, and it makes him think he might want to live here. he's just not sure where.
the dirt mounds scattered across the field catch his eye as he crosses through on his way to the ocean, ultimately taking most of his attention. he starts his investigation tentatively at first, sniffing from a distance, but grows bolder with each mound he inspects. soon he's sprinting between the mounds, tail waving, sniffing each only for a beat or two before bolting to the next. he continues this pattern for several minutes, head low, oblivious to the scent and presence of another wolf until he skids to a stop in front of her mound and freezes as her scent hits him like a ton of bricks. he lifts his head slowly, expression turning sheepish as his gaze finds the stranger, and quickly takes several steps back. oh, sorry! i didn't see you there, he says, embarrassed, and waits to be told off.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Apparently Wraen was not the only one, who had been drawn to this area, because she spots a flash of fiery red and orange, moving across the fields. At first she thought it was a fox, because it's hard for her to tell shapes in detail from a distance. However, when it had come closer and was doing so at in a very determined stride and speed, she recognized the similarities between this guy and her I-am-not-a-coyote friend from Sunspire.

Unlike the first time, when she met a coywolf in person, she did not act aggressive or defensive, just watched him curiously and wondering, if the fellow was so very keen on inspecting every inch of the ground, when would he finally notice her. And - speak of the devil! "Hey," Wraen greeted him in a friendly manner. "What are you hunting for?"
45 Posts
Ooc — xynien
he's definitely relieved when the girl doesn't seem bothered by his sudden appearance, though her question increases his embarrassment. uh — dirt? he blurts before he can stop himself, immediately regretting it. i mean — i wasn't hunting anything. i was... looking at... stuff. really fast. what are you doing up there? it's not his most creative diversion, but the last thing he wants to do is explain why he was inspecting a bunch of dirt so enthusiastically.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Dirt? Huh, that's a new one," Wraen felt just as baffled by the russet wolf's reply as he obviously was by the whole talk-to-the-stranger-and-try-not-to-make-fool-of-yourself deal. That made two of them. She looked down at her paws, wondering, if there was something particular about this dirt that she should be aware of, but tossed this idea away immediately. Dirt was dirt. Plain and simple.

"Can you be more specific? Stuff can mean so many different things," she asked now, just to tease him a little, and gave a little pretence of being entirely clueless and innocent about the inquiry. "Me... I was doing the opposite - looking at the stuff slowly," she replied. "What's the rush?"
45 Posts
Ooc — xynien
he flushes further at her words, shrugging and trying very hard not to implode. i mean uh... i was trying to figure out what these dirt mounds are, and there are a lot of them, so... he shakes his head suddenly, entirely done trying to explain himself. he's pretty sure if he tries any more, he will implode. it doesn't matter. hey, uh, what's your name?
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
For a wolf, who took interest in lore and supernatural, Wraen sometimes lacked understanding in other people's areas of interests, especially, if they did not match her own. She looked at the mounds, but found nothing peculiar about them. Not worth exploring anyway. Unless, of course, they contained giant moles (the black pelted animals, dwelling underground).

"My name is Wraen," she introduced herself. "Who may be you?" After some chit-chat they ways parted and they never saw each other again.