Barrow Fields what do you see before you blink?
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
for the first few days following illidan's reintroduction into their lives, the sylph had been filled with more intense, frenetic anxiety than usual. she scarce left any of their sides -- it seemed too lucky, too good, that a missing piece of her heart was returned to her.

and so, she kept waiting for fate's guillotine of a hammer to fall.

yet after harassing her children with her constant, inescapable presence, caiaphas realized she would do them no favors at all being so smothering. reluctantly she allowed them their leave, watching with a fretful worry as they prowled and coursed the fields, three souls born of her own rotten fruit, individuals with their own wants and needs and legacy.

to distract her troubled mind she revisited the barrows; it was an old stomping ground of hers, and just like it had always been in her time in the wilds, it remained unclaimed. caiaphas had always wondered what it was about some territories that invited constant settlement over others; the barrows were just as proliferate with prey as any others, and yet, no monarch had ever ruled its sorrowful halls in her lifetime.

perhaps, there was an old disquiet that lingered in this place that kept settlers at bay. caiaphas had wondered if erzulie would find the riven ground fascinating; she had spent enough time with the maven to recognize her to be some sort of wych - good or bad.

trawling between two raised mounds, caiaphas caught scent of a hare -- she chased it only half-heartedly, her mind thousands of leagues away from where her body currently tread.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
155 Posts
Ooc — Van
Though Caiaphas had seen fit to give her children adequate space to breathe and acclimate, Svalinn could not suffer the separation. He followed her; a boy suffering from "my mom's real son just came back" disease, and brimming with a dire, anxious need to feel validated. Raleska was distracted—recently reunited with her own littermate—and it was hard for him to watch them be close. Nearly as hard as it was for him to understand that the connection they shared could never belong to him. He considered her his only littermate, but her life, with her siblings, had started well before he'd been savagely injected into their lives.

He had always been other to them, and his closeness with Raleska had been forged out of sheer convenience and happenstance, rather than of any natural-born affection.

He was feeling this disconnect now; finding it impossible to feel as taken by the returned sibling as his mother and his sister, even though, privately, he wanted to be. Feeling excluded was the alternative, and he had never felt more isolated than he did now: on the lump-faced prairie, watching his mother sprint away after some unseen quarry.

Svalinn wasn't so entrenched in his own inner warfare to remain inert at the prospect of food. He darted to where he'd last seen her disappear betwixt ballooned mounds, and then hungrily began sniffing her out, greedily hoping there was a dead rabbit he could snag half of at the end of this trail.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the hare proved too well versed in the barrow’s many intricate warrens, and had slipped between the waiting snap of caiaphas’ teeth, an impeccably timed escape that left her with nothing save white tufts of tail hair between her lurking teeth. 

she gave the tunnel a few aggravated swipes of her paws, relenting when the aureus-coined pelt of her son came into view. since illidan’s reintroduction she had wondered, in the idle ways mothers ponder their children’s lives, if he did not suddenly feel ousted from the clade. in her eyes he was blood same as raleska or illidan,  but she knew children could be cruel, and like as not raleska had once or twice reminded him of his one shortcoming. 

she stood up from the warren’s entrance, sliding her tongue across the hairs that still clung to her teeth. drifting towards the boy, she angled a slim shoulder towards him in greeting. come to hunt?
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
155 Posts
Ooc — Van
"Came to scavenge," he corrected with a huff, tossing her a rather haughty side-eye as he turned his muzzle away from her in childish expression - I'm too mad to love you right now"Getting slow?" the gold vandal sneered, feeling an alarm trill through him as the words jumped forward before he could think. He didn't look at her - for obvious reasons - but he was aware suddenly that when there was a source of pent-up aggression in him, like liquid courage, it made him reckless and numb to the prospect of "consequences".
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
oho u little imp

caiaphas' approach was rebuffed by a cool response that left her lukewarm; she eyed her golden child, who suddenly, seemed a whole lot less golden and a whole lot more dirtied brass. straightening up with a disapproving firmness setting around her lips, caiaphas looked away as if mortally wounded by his sharp tongue --

and then she sprung for him, a snap of flashing teeth aimed for his insolent hide. wicked and grinning, the sylph pulled away just before her teeth caught even a wisp of hair, but even then she gave a hellish cackle, focusing her harpy gaze on him and daring him to try that again.

they fought for some time, until she was satisfied he was learning -- and then, once the lesson was firmly imparted, the two made for the grotto for well-earned rest.