Swiftcurrent Creek the peanut butter conspiracy
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
forward dated to like....the 12th?

Perhaps she should have taken some counsel before she scurried off to invite everyone to a massive party.

Clambering over the mountains was difficult enough the first time, but the return trip was hellish. When she wasn't freezing, she was burning with exertion; she was hungry and thirsty yet too tired to do either, when she stopped to rest. The blackbird managed to get herself to Swiftcurrent Creek panting and quaking, sitting a few paces away from the border with a small groan.

At least the valley was kinder terrain. Once she had regained her breath, she called for the leaders of the pack--and, as an afterthought, the woman she had met the other day. . .Aria, the gamma. It would be nice to see her again. Summons thus given, she was silent, stifling a yawn and shifting her weight. If she stayed still for too long, she was afraid she'd fall asleep where she sat.
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
True the summon had not been directed to Soltero himself, but the young man of silver adjusted his course to follow the sound of the call - mostly, he was curious, but as a wolf from the creek he thought it a good idea to investigate. If he was turned away by the alphas and sent back into the territory - so be it.

When he came upon the scene it was a woman draped in dark hues who faced him, looking weary; he could only assume her travel was the cause. "Hello," a voice of deep tones rumbled forth once it became apparent he was the first to arrive, silent questioning (cautious but not unwelcome) glittering in his gaze. Perhaps she was familiar with the creek wolves and he simply had yet to greet her, or maybe she was visiting on other matters; either way, she carried the scent of many wolves and he doubted she was here with the hopes of joining their ranks. Hopefully Constantine or Durnehviir would arrive swiftly.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
A handsome man with striking eyes greeted her at the border, and she smiled at him, wagging her tail. Hallo, she greeted, chipper as ever. Are you the alpha here? I'm Lily, from Elysium in the willow forest. I have a message I wanted to pass along.

Well, scratch that. She supposed he didn't have to be the alpha to give him the message, though it helped. There's a party we're having soon, she rushed on, almost stumbling over her words. For Yule. It'll be really fun. D'you--would anyone be interested, d'you think? Here, in your pack, I mean?

Just do it. Just shove the paw right in your mouth.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Her upbeat greeting was met with a half-smile from Soltero, who found it difficult to adjust himself to the correct demeanor - ideally, he would have preferred not to be the first here, if only to use it as an observation encounter where he could analyse the correct way of dealing with situations, but he was alone at the border with the stranger, so he would have to make do and improvise. Go with his gut?

"I'm not," He announced, but quickly followed it with an explanation. "My name is Soltero. The alpha should be here shortly... until then, i'm willing to listen." Chiselled face tipped a touch to the side, ears of stormy grey flicking in curiousity at the words that followed her introduction. A party. A party? Soltero had never before been invited to any sort of party; he barely knew what a party was, perhaps due to all the time he spent in his lonesome prior to involving himself with the creek wolves. Still he listened, ignoring the almost stumble of her words (she seemed excited? or was it nerves? he was never that talented at reading emotion from others). "Hhuh. It sounds cool. I can pass the message along...? I'm sure at least a few of us would be down." To be honest, the entire pack was really built up of only a few of them, but she didn't need to know that. He'd work on fixing that problem.
But the rain never came
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It was with a steely glance over his shoulder to the borders that the swarthy shadow gave, his fiery eyes unreadable as he unfurled himself from the sleeping form of his son, Akavir. The boy was growing rapidly, certainly not needing his fathers frame melded to his, and yet with the chill of winter and the heartache the Mayfair family was enduring, they had both silently accepted it. 

He he stalked toward the borders—a black panther in both grace and intent. Durnehviir was gone, having bid her farewell to speak of finding Viinturuth outside of the valleys that sheltered them. The very home she had insisted he take her to, to bear their young and raise them in to a safe haven. Now, he was here without here, left to steer the pack on his own and raise his three remaining children. 

As he came to to the stranger, the Mayfair’s deep gaze rounded over the form of the svelte woman before them—was he allowed to appreciate the beauty of others now that he was essentially single? 

He didn’t have it in him. 

His eyes stole to Soltero, casting him a nod, trying to internally shake the cloud that hung heavy in his shoulders. “Hello,” he greeted, his voice lower than usual, raw with the emotions he kept bottled for now.
all you have is your fire
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She beamed, glad the male was into the idea. She opened her mouth to explain further when someone else arrived, and she, too, found herself tossed into emotions, but for different reasons. He looked like her, and by default, Freddie, and the invisible hand that squeezed her heart made it hard to breathe for a moment. She cut her eyes his way but was unable to meet his gaze completely.

Hallo, Lily greeted softly, dipping her head. He hadn't introduced himself, so she knew not what to do but continue on with what she had been doing before. I was telling Soltero that my pack, Elysium, is having a party in the willow forest just northwest of here, and you all are invited. It's to celebrate Yule, the winter solstice.

The blackbird glanced over at her first acquaintance, then back to the still-nameless man. We'd like to see all the packs in the valley represented there, she said softly, a smile curving the corners of her mouth.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
short postt

The dark presence of Constantine interrupted the meeting, and vibrant eyes of green shifted in his direction, placing his stare not at the alpha's eyes, but at a fixed point on his cheek. Soltero gave a slight nod of his head, and his ears pricked back toward Lily as she gave a brief explanation of the proposal she'd passed along to the smoky traveller, awaiting his conclusion.
But the rain never came
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His gaze drifted from the stranger to study Soltero once more, who chose to remain silent. The she-wolf spoke the reason of her presence, and he paused, considering her request with a sense of oncoming dread. It wasn’t that he wasn’t interested in them meeting their neighbors—it was that they’re numbers had dwindled so much that to do so, they might as well leave the Creek unattended entirely to offer adequate representation.

The regal gave a low rumble of acknowledgement to her words, his ears cupping forward before his broad shoulders gave the gentle shrug of a man withholding his defeat. His tail gave an idle lash, and he finally gave a gentle nod of his head. “We have little in numbers, but anyone from the Creek wishing to represent will be there.”

He paused, his tongue sliding over his lips, his head canting toward Soltero quietly. “It would be a good distraction for the children, at least.” And if their home got sniped out from under their paws while they had journeyed, then so be it.

Who really cared anymore?
all you have is your fire
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
There was something strange in the air between all of them, a stillness that the man had brought. Still nameless. Lily looked at him, the smile freezing on her face, watching the way his own countenance. . .

Well, hmm. Something was off here, but she didn't know what. And while the counselor in her screamed to find it out, the ambassador and hostess within bade her keep going, even though her muscles ached. There was still much work to be done.

I'm glad to hear it, Lily said softly, her gaze warm as she stared at the pair. I will send up a howl that evening. Looking forward to having you in the willows. If there was nothing else, she would depart with a flick of her tail.