Stone Circle peaches en regalia
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
forward-dated to 13th

She'd treated herself to a long rest in the glade after visiting with Swiftcurrent Creek, and now she traveled to Easthollow, emerging out of the trees and stopping just short of their border. They had been kind enough when they'd last met; Lily definitely wanted them at her Yule party. Moreover, she wanted their packs to become allies, even with some distance between them.

She yawned the kind of yawn that comes when you've had a good rest, stretching, and then howled, the clear, high note shivering through the morning air. She hoped she would finally get to meet the alpha they'd mentioned before. It wasn't a deal-breaker; she was honestly just curious. They seemed to think highly of her. Be a shame if they didn't, though, you know--as the alpha and all.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sorry for the delayed reply, EH has been dead recently with the end of the school year and holidays!

As the sound of a familiar howl drifted through the territory Greyback raised shakily on his limbs, shoulder aching slightly from the recent cougar attack. Though he should be resting in the den, the man found it uncomfortable to stay put in one place for an extended amount of time, not with the chance that Zugzwang might return. They had already lost one member, he couldn't stand to loose another.

Slightly limping to the border, the older wolf was met with the slim black figure of another that stood out amongst the white backdrop of snowy lands, their face oh so familiar to him. He stared at them as he approached, searching desperately in his mind for who it could be. It was only when he heard her voice that his face stoic face calmed into a smile and his tall posture relaxed. He had met her once before with his daughter, Ira.

"Greetings Lily of Elysium, what may I help you with?

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hearts the howl but was not familiar with it. The Matriarch decided to go to the borders to check things out. She had been in the middle of a small game hunt for Greyback as he was injured. He was injured because he protected her so she felt that she should take care of him. She was not as good in small game hunt as bigger game. She liked the longer hunts and with small animals it was often short as they were quick to flee or hide where she couldn't reach them.

Valette made it to the borders, however, she was surprised to see Greyback there. She trotted up to him and looked at him with a scolding look for a moment. He knew he should be resting. Then again, Valette always acted more like the pack's mother. "Hello, I'm Valette. I'm the leader of this pack." She introduced herself as leader as perhaps the title Matriarch was not fitting for outsiders. She liked the Matriarch title more than alpha.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her face broke into a grin as she saw the tall, older man from the other day. Hallo, there, she greeted, wagging her tail. Erm. . .Greyback, right? Good to see you again. Before she could continue the conversation, a beautiful dark woman approached, and Lily was instantly charmed by her. So charmed that she almost didn't pay attention to what she said, sweet as her voice was.

Almost.

Oh, pleasure to meet you at last! she burst out in slightly awkward fashion, shifting her weight. I'm Lily, from a pack called Elysium that settled in a willow forest northwest of here, near the mountains. I came once before, and met Greyback and his daughter, but missed out on seeing you. She dipped her nose, respectfully greeting the leader of Easthollow.

I came to see whether you all would be interested in attending a gathering we're hosting in the willows, Lily continued, eyes sparkling as she lifted her head once more. To celebrate the winter solstice--Yule. All are welcome. Her ears pushed forward, waiting eagerly for Valette's response.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback gave a curt nod and a smile as the girl remembered his name. "It's a pleasure to see you as well," He responded. Lily had traveled quite some way to meet them, and he wondered what she could be here for—surely something small wouldn't warrant her at their borders.

He opened his jaws to ask that exact question but was halted by her welcoming someone. Turning an ear, he listened to the sound of soft pawsteps before following with his head. Upon turning he noticed it was Valette, and gave a small chuckle to her scolding glare. Perhaps others would shy away from such a look but Greyback knew she was harmless.

As Lily talked about a gathering— yule, as she called it, Greyback couldn't help but widen his eyes. A.. gathering? So far away and in the territory of another pack? What if something were to happen, and where would they go? Lily seemed friendly enough but Greyback wasn't sure about the rest of her pack and others.

He stayed silent, diligently thinking and glancing over to Valette and back to the younger female. "Who else will be attending?" He asked, tone a bit too harsh. "Is this a peaceful gathering?"

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened with interest to the female. She thought she was interested in having an alliance but in fact, they were invited to a Yule ceremony. Valette had never heard of it. She only remembered meeting a male who celebrated the longest night of the year. Was this something like it? Valette was curious about it, however, she could 100% agree with Greyback that if something would happen to them...

Valette's mind instantly went to the fact that they could be attacked. Better to leave Steph at home then to maintain a leader if something would happen. It felt like a silly question, if the meeting would be friendly. Lily didn't seem to be the one to invite them to a war, still caution was needed. They didn't know this Elysium. "When would this gathering be? Can Greyback and I both go?," she asked. Valette couldn't help but think that this Yule would be great for her a Greyback to go. Away from prying eyes. "Can you just tell me more about this Yule?"
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily stared at Greyback, taken aback by his question. She almost laughed, but held it back, shaking her head instead. Yes, yes, of course it is, she insisted, smiling gently instead. It's just a party to celebrate. All the packs in the valley are invited--at least the ones that have treated us with kindness thus far. Which have been all of them, to my recollection.

The blackbird turned to Valette, shoulders lifting in a shrug to her second question. That's up to you if you both want to go. It's going to be the night of the solstice. . .it's coming. Maybe. . .a dozen more nights or so? I'll send a howl up, so you know. She had no idea how she was supposed to get the word out throughout the valley, but by god, she would try.

It's the longest night, Lily explained patiently. A celebration of midwinter. We tell stories, get to know each other. Singing, dancing. It's special. Was it as special as Mum had made it out to be? Now she was starting to have doubts. She had to stay firm; she'd come too far to just give it up now.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback slightly turned his ears back at Lilly's amusement in his question, letting out a small snort to accompany it. He guessed it was a bit of a silly question, but you could never be too careful.

He looked to Valette when she asked about her and him going. Valette... wanted to go with him? To a celebration? Alone? He thought about it and smiled before nodding. He supposed Steph could look after the pack, she was a strong beta and there was no doubt in his mind she could do it. Nothing ever really happens in Easthollow anyway... except for the cougar attack. He shuddered slightly at the thought, paranoid once again.

"That sounds very pleasant," he replied to Lily. Celebrations were never a thing for the elder, he spent most of his life traveling and never settled down in packs until this recent year. He was undecided though, and would need time to think and talk to Valette.

Singing and dancing sounded extremely joyful; He would like to hear Valette sing. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's eyes widened. It sounded like a very nice gathering! She liked to go. She hoped that it wasn't a trap but she liked to believe in the good of other wolves. Steph had been a beta for awhile now so she could watch the pack. Valette decided that they would be able to go. She nodded when the female explained. "I've heard from another wolf that he was celebrating the long night. He had another name for it, I believe, but I really like the idea," she spoke with a smile.

"We will try to be there. That is Greyback and I." She felt selfish for not even wanting to invite Ira since this would be good for her scouting and guardian trades. But she just wanted to spend some alone time with Greyback. Having Ira along with them was an instant buzzkill (sorry Ira). Valette could only imagine the fun moments she could have with Greyback alone. Valette had trouble to keep her bedroom eyes in check. "Thank you for the invitation," she smiled. "We will look forward to your howl."
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her eyes widened slightly as Valette told her about the man who had celebrated Yule as well, albeit under a different name. She had never heard of anyone outside of Mum that threw a party for the solstice. Fascinating! She had a sudden urge to meet him, and wondered if he was still around.

Greyback and I. That threw her, and Lily blinked, cocking her head slightly. The rest of your pack is welcome, as well, she said, smiling. The more, the merrier. Whoever can make it, we'll be happy to have them.

But, if it did end up being just the two wolves in front of her, that was fine, too. She would be honored to host the leader of Easthollow and her. . .mate? She peered at the pair, wondering if they had something between them. None of her business, really; Lily was just nosy.

I look forward to seeing you at Elysium, the blackbird chirped, almost dancing in place with excitement. I have to go give your neighbors their invitation. Take care--and nice to meet you, Valette. With a grin, she waited for them to give their own farewells before racing off, headed toward Lost Creek Hollow. Not enough time in the day.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback nodded along with Valette. While Lily insisted that more of the pack could come Greyback only shook his head. He was selfish, and wanted to spend the evening and festival with Valette.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Lily" he responded as she gave her farewells. He watched as she disappeared and headed off before turning to look at Valette, smiling, and taking his own leave.