Phantom Hollow this way to sexy town
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Isolated from the rest of the Heartwood by a bend in the river, this part of the wood is distinctly colder, darker and quieter than its counterpart. A thin layer of fog weaves through the trees come morning, only to dissipate slowly as the day goes on. Here, thick layers of moss hang from the branches of tangled, barren trees and a covering of crumbling, graying leaves line the forest floor. Most noticeable is the absence of life. The stillness. The crunch of a twig underfoot seems to echo in the silence. The rolling of rocks, a sin. At times, even to breathe feels to forsake the forest.

She had thought the whole area was a wasteland, but when she spotted the small enclave of trees, it grabbed her attention immediately. Curious, and still on the lookout for a good place to make her home, Cyclone eventually found herself across the river from what looked like a goddamn lush forest. It was small, but suitable. Eagerly, she sought a place to cross, and eventually she found a shallow part of the rushing river where she made it to the other side cold, but alive.

The Blackthorn shook her coat free of the water that had collected there, and the properties of her fur quickly shed the water completely. She wasn't bone dry, but she wouldn't freeze to death, either. Then, she paused, taking in the scenery. It was quiet and cool, but she could tell it was alive. The sun had begun to set, and she could already see the mist beginning to form between the forest floor and the moss that hung above.
- — — -
14 Posts
Ooc — m
He tore into the soft underbelly of the hare, peeling away its skin so he could maneuver his teeth to pull and consume the tender offal while it was still warm. He scanned the mist as he ate, his ears alert. It was so still here that the sound of his dinner seemed impossibly loud, and yet isolated and dampened by the fog and hanging moss. It was unnerving, to be sure, but when you're on your own and hungry— you do what you must.

Mwe moved on to crush the hare's joints with his molars, that he might pull a limb away and begin to chew at the muscle and bone. It was a meager meal, but warm— far tastier than the frozen ungulate he had scavenged days earlier, if not quite as filling.

Alert as he tried to remain, the male's sense of smell was overwhelmed by the metallic aroma of his meal, and the sound of twigs snapping as another entered the wood was lost in the sound of crushing bone.
I do not participate in private threads or take traditional thread requests.
If you'd like to roleplay with me, please create an AW thread and tag my character -- I will join if I'm able!
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone smelled something dead. Something freshly dead. Something tasty. She was drawn to the smell by instinct and curiosity both, winding her way through a few trees before she found the source: a wolf chowing down on a rabbit.

Nice catch, she complimented. Of course, the wolf she was looking at was also a nice catch, so she congratulated herself on that, too. You look like a good hunter. More like a hot piece of ass, but close enough.
- — — -
14 Posts
Ooc — m
He started and moved swiftly to his feet, the crushed hind-leg of a rabbit dangling loosely from his jaw. A dark she-wolf had emerged from the mist, and Mwe had only noticed when she spoke. Blending with the falling night, yet stark against the thick fog, she seemed to coalesce from the thin air and had an ethereal quality... though Mwe was not so superstitious to believe her to be anything other than a real, live wolf. Same as him.

Not so good, he responded with a wink, his initial surprise now smoothing to his relaxed, natural state, if I am so easily snuck up on.

As he spoke, the rabbit leg fell to the earth with a soft thump. Instinct claiming him, he kicked the meat back toward the rest of the pile— out of her reach. Food was a hot commodity without a pack. Had he been less hungry, Mwe might have offered her some. Perhaps he still might, but for now the male wished to subtly communicate that he was not interested in sharing, and hoped she would understand and honor the silent message.
I do not participate in private threads or take traditional thread requests.
If you'd like to roleplay with me, please create an AW thread and tag my character -- I will join if I'm able!
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone didn't expect to be rewarded with food from somebody she just met, although it wouldn't be the first time something like that had been offered. She knew she wouldn't offer up her own meal to a stranger. His response was snarky, which she immediately took a liking to. Even though she might not be the best at comebacks, she couldn't deny that she was impressed by those who did them well.

Don't worry, I'm not interested in picking a fight or stealing your food. Just scouting out a new place to live. That alone might grab his interest… if he was interested in belonging to something new. Cyclone knew not every wolf would be up to the task.

The two chatted for a bit, but eventually parted ways. It seemed this one would not be recruited today.