Dragoncrest Cliffs snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
All Welcome 
Yeah okay so what the fuck?

It was like watching ants come out of a hole. One by one they came, summoned to the sound by some invisible force of nature. Like the dark-headed woman had some sort of dark magic to match her dead, cold eyes. Or the seductress she'd had with her had the best hoo-ha in all the land. He couldn't explain it. He was mystified.

He sat propped against one of the sequoias closest to the cliffs, trying to get as good of a view as he could. He could go down there, but he really wasn't in the mood to deal with that mouthy asshole from the other day. Plus he was needed here, in case they really got too big for their britches and decided to scale the cliffs. Fuck, like what the fuck?!

He leapt to his paws and growled at the sequoia, pretending it was a particularly large enemy. He charged and stopped just short of ramming himself into it, spittle flying in ropes from his jaws.

He was about ready to jump out of his fucking skin.
Common · Trigedasleng
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
I was told to find you if I ever made it in?”

Aure’s voice was more real than her actual being, in that moment. She followed the sound of it from fronds and foliage; vegetation that wasn’t too unfamiliar, but nonetheless trying to become more accustomed to.

Her limp was still apparent as she slunk into view, watching the scene ending before her with a wry expression. She eyed the tossed hackles and smatterings of drool in particular, and stopped what she felt was a safe distance away.

Perhaps I’ve come at a wrong time, however,” the arctic female continued, leaning back into her heels to gingerly sit upon her haunches. “Any sane wolf such as myself would leave, so you can sort out your tempers with ze... poor tree.”
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
The lilting voice made him spin around, fast, and he licked his chops with an utterly sheepish expression painting his face. Ah, ha ha, he chuckled nervously, shaking his head. Just trying to blow off some steam, babe. It's not the tree I see in front of me. A shadow passed over his gaze for an instant before he brightened once more, beaming at her.

I never got your name, the other day, Vercingetorix drawled, his racing heart calming as he stepped away from the sequoia and toward her. I'm glad you made it in. That was some fight you put up, with the coyote. Even if Tux hadn't stepped in, you'dve gotten the bastard.

Damn, she was fine. Long and pale, with legs that never stopped. He let his eyes draw appreciatively over her figure before settling on her face, looking less lecherous and more curious. So--you wanna start learning that 'way of the warrior' you mentioned? I'd be happy to show you the ropes.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Had she said that? The she-wolf fidgeted more over her apparent words, when others would’ve focused on the wandering eyes and endearing names. Her mind was too busy stumbling through a light haze of sleep to notice the supplication behind Vercingtorix’s advances.

”I mean, it isn’t untrue, I suppose,” Aure mused, allowing herself to take in the hulking male before her. Her own gaze was entirely considering and curious itself. “Drageda to be built on ze shoulders of warriors, and as far as my place is concerned...”

Just as snowy and fleeting, her gaze swept from the column of his throat, to his comely face, and then back to the needle-laden earth where she believed it belonged. “I am but a patch of felt against the likes of you giants. Besides,” she continued, a reddening of meekness flushing her, “What I did to that scavenger was merely out of desperation. I certainly wasn’t brave; I was hungry, and hurt.”

“I don’t mean to turn praise,” Ears pressing slick against her neck, she gazed back up at the Guard. Her words trotted from her, a bit hurried, and she began to trip over her thick accent, “It’s only... I’m... I was never able to learn how to hone my, er, how will you say? My form, when it come to fighting. So I end up strike with emotion, not, er, graces or technique.”

Then, she promptly shut her rambling self up, “I am Aure,” lowering her head and cursing at herself inwardly.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
His grin grew wider as she stumbled on, stretching over his entire mouth by the time she was finished. I got you, girl, he said, nodding. Aure. That's pretty; I like it. He gave her scars a glance before gazing back into her eyes again, trying to read the emotions--if any--that lingered there.

Don't you worry about a thing, Vercingetorix promised, shaking his pelt out, his broad shoulders rippling under the black sheen. We'll get you up to snuff. You wanna start offense or defense? He squared himself, waiting for her response.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
If there was one emotion that was the most prominent, it was hesitation in her eyes. Like many of the pack, Vercingetorix was easily a behemoth when stood next to her. And for a fleeting moment, she balked inwardly at how that brawn would be used.

When inquired about offensive or defensive, Aure drew away, rising up on all limbs; she leaned back slightly, putting some weight into the iffy hind paw of hers. After a moment, she was sure it would hold her.

Rolling her own thin shoulders, the she-wolf settled opposite of him. “I wouldn’t mind getting defensive again,” her trilled words had an edge to them, and she gazed jeeringly across at him under her slim brow.

Already, her muzzle had a faint crease to it, curling the old scars she bore. Quite a stark contrast to the she-wolf who’d been a bumbling mess only moments ago.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Oooooohh, he responded, grinning. Aure comin' alive. I like it. He shifted his weight, pondering how to come at her first. Should he try to trick her? Head straight on? Go incredibly easy? Hmmm.

Eventually, he ducked low, snakelike, aiming for nips at her heels and wondering how she could dodge them. All the while, he tried to wedge himself beneath her, looking for the perfect position to flip her onto her side.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The brana’s hackles flared up into life as the Guard dove for her, hearing the ‘snik’ of his teeth close to her toes. In an instant, a front paw flurried out at him; more to defer and redirect his onslaught than to harm.

However, as she made to veer away from the possibility of being tipped over, she ended up clumsily side-trotting and tipped off-balance. It left her entirely open to attack, all of her own stupid accord.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Smack, went her paw across the bridge of his nose, and he nodded appreciatively, about to pay her a compliment when she suddenly lurched sideways. With a groan, more amused than anything, he took this opportunity to teach her a vital lesson--don't ever give your opponent an opportunity, really.

Vercingetorix, if she allowed him to get close enough, would hook a foreleg around her scrawny shoulders and press further against her nape with an iron jaw, forcing her to the ground. Gently, of course, but not without firmness. He might be a friendly teacher, but he was no pushover.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Floundering for only seconds in the air, she had nothing to throw up against his sudden assault; a blink of her eyes, and a hefty forearm pressed her into loam by the shoulders. Her chin promptly met earth, too, and half of her neck was in his mouth. A mere curse of Dracu!” left her own.

She didn’t let herself think; with a sharp flick of her head, she hoped to - (lightly) - snag the wrist that wasn’t holding her down. So focused on her goal, she wasn’t aware whether her scruff had been freed or not. A guttural whine of frustration left her nonetheless.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
i rolled and gave her a chance, blame the dice :')

He felt rather than saw her teeth snap at his other paw, and yanked it away, lightly batting her on her forehead a couple of times, like a mischievous kitten. Ah, nuh uh, he teased, his breath hot and close to her ear. His face was stretched wide in a smirk. I got you pinned, girl. Ain't nothing you can do about it now.

There was a certain tightness in his belly that spelled trouble should he be down atop her for much longer, so the professional in him--yes, he actually had a professional side, contrary to popular belief--rose and stepped back, tail lashing at his headquarters. Verx looked down at her expectantly, grin fading into a impassive stare.

All right, attack me, he commanded, rolling his shoulders slowly, feeling small pops that sent ripples of pain-pleasure through his body. God, it felt good to spar, and with a beautiful woman, no less. Get me on my back--or on my knees, at least.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
When scolded like some cub, the Brana promptly veiled the fangs she’d so love to display to him; tempted as she was to smart his nose with them. Once released, she was upright again, feeling her chest expand as she drew in breaths of nonconstraint.

Aure lolled her neck and shoulders to work the soreness out, but she could still feel the weight from him on her. The grin of his simmered into something expectant, and her bright gaze met his own once more; had they not been sparring, she might’ve found a moment for bashfulness again.

And then something peculiar: On his... knees? “Ce?” She piped, more to herself than anything — and then made do with his words with an ignorant, innocent shake of her head (since that sounded rather uncomfortable, anyway.) “You are much bigger than I am, though. I can’t promise I’ll be able to overpower you, but... I’ll think of something.”

With that, she lowered her head, readying, and was streaking for him like winter’s breath; she darted forward and down, before rearing back onto her hinds. She deftly snapped at the air near his face, throwing as much weight of herself as she could into the *front, right side of his body.
*lower chest, shoulder, elbow?? IDK also tyty for ur kind service, I’m trying to make it so she’s a clumsy/hopeful beginner riprip. But if not to the point where she’s So Amazing At Everything
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
She started to offer a protest, and he shook his head, cutting her off--only to find that she'd gotten over whatever reservations she'd had. The pale woman lunged downward, and he steadied himself, preparing for her to sweep him off his paws (she'd already done so, but I mean, like, physically).

Instead, she came sailing upwards, snapping at his face. He was slightly surprised and skittered backwards, pushed back even further with her assault upon his shoulder. Had he been lighter, she would have knocked him on his ass. It was only his weight that saved him, here.

Yeah! Verx exclaimed, breathing hard and fast as he came to an unsteady halt, pulling away from her. Fuck yeah, that was good. Nice surprise. Do that on a wolf your weight and you'll have them down. He grinned, wagging his tail furiously.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
She bloomed under his advice and praise with a humble shake of her feathery mane. “I really didn’t think of ze movement, it almost came to me at ze last moment.” Rare it was for her to smile, one did coax at the corners of her lips; barely veiling the slightly-smug expression on her marred face.

At his other notion, a slight crease furrowed between her brow, and she turned to fully face him, ”I doubt there are many wolves that are as light as me. What if they are heavier, like you?”

Her eyes bright with anticipation, ”Wh-what if they trip, and get knocked over? Is that all I can hope for?” His excitement and her own, budding pride was contagious; her own tail beginning to sway back and forth, and her smaller frame had begun to shiver with curiosity and energy. Her coat had begun to fluff a bit in frenzy, unable to contain it.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He was glad she bloomed under his praise; it became her, truly. Already a looker, she turned into something stunning when she smiled. Captivated, he almost lost track of her words entirely before coming back to himself, shaking out his ruff and giving her a sheepish smirk.

Uh, well, no, he said slowly. You gotta trick 'em, keep tricking 'em. Like you did with me, only move after move after move. You're never gonna be able to take them down by being honest, by brute strength. You gotta be one step ahead the whole time. It's just something you learn. You'll learn.

Vercingetorix squared himself again, playfully narrowing his eyes at her. Offense or defense? he asked.

wanna fade this one out? :)
Common · Trigedasleng
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Sure! uwu

Aure hopes she would learn, in time; and to learn that she wouldn’t be distracted with the small thrill went through her, wondering at the dangerous, learned choreography that whirled like clockwork in the Guard’s mind.

She was relieved that his words didn’t fall on deaf ears, either; once she heard his question, a soft smile curled at her maw. There was an echo of smugness as she squared against him, too, gently growling, ”Offense, of course.”

More than willing continuing to learn the tricks of his trade.