Big Salmon Lake straight fuckin water
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 

The lake was partially frozen over, and soft paws slowed to halt at the frigid water's edge. The sky was draped in monochrome hues (primarily a dull, ashen grey), like an old, crumpled photograph, and the vixen stared dismally at the passing clouds - this day was perhaps the most boring of them all. Vyn had broken off from her path alongside her paler sister (temporarily?) and without a partner to vent to, or gossip with, what on earth was she supposed to do? Thoughts lingered at the back of her pallid skull, but she shrugged them off in nonchalance, ignorance, perhaps; besides, she supposed now that Valkyr had up and wandered off, she didn't have a back to watch but her own, right? Surely that was a positive thing?Β 

Her leathery nose brushed against the surface of the polar liquid, observing with scintillating eyes as the water rippled across the lake. Various scents were scattered around, and the doe cringed at the distinct aroma of bear - one must have passed through here (stopped for a drink, probably) as the scent had not long begun to fade. Her gaze swept around, but she reassured herself with the lack of the bear's presence; it must have left by now. A mighty sigh slipped from blackened lips, ears tipping forward on her crown and salmon tongue dipping into the water to soothe her throat.
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Born from a sister stream of the greater Whitefish River, this turn in the river found its final destination in the form of Big Salmon Lake. Here, snowmelt from the nearby mountains provide for a vast assortment of wildlife including local populations of elk, deer, bears, blue herons and a handful of other creatures. True to its namesake, this lake is a well known breeding ground for salmon. These freshwater varieties are highly active during the summer months only to later migrate upstream during the fall. Due to its size, this lake has been known to freeze over completely during the winter months, but that doesn’t prevent the locals from trying to steal a drink along its edges. This lake is a hot-spot year round as it’s a notable source of water for southern territories.

Cyclone continued her search for a suitable place to live. Phantom Hollow had been nice, and she could see herself living there, but she wanted to make sure she didn't impulsively choose the first thing that only looked decent. That had gotten her in trouble more than once, and she really didn't want to repeat past mistakes. New mistakes were a-ok! She wandered back through the young (well, old but burnt) forest and came upon a decently sized lake.

The Blackthorn began to make her way around the lake's shore, not daring to step onto the ice that had formed along its edge, lest it not be totally frozen over. The last thing she needed was to fall in and freeze/drown to death. It wasn't until she was about halfway around that she noticed the other wolf approaching the shore and, in an effort to practice more of her scouting and recruiting skills, she headed toward the stranger. Cyclone approached cautiously, but confidently.

You smell that bear? she asked. Maybe this wolf was tracking it for some reason. Cyclone certainly didn't want to be around if and when it decided to make an appearance.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Her icy drink was interrupted by a voice, and the doe's head slowly turned, only to be faced with the eyes of a stranger - a woman, draped in darker colours but adorned with blessings of white, like snow falling from an evening sky. Vyn was not one to fear or dislike the company of others, and the potential danger of a loner was disregarded; if something shitty happened, she'd just go along with the ride and see where it led her. Pale eyes of a daffodil flickered between the grey stranger and the lake, before her shoulders rolled back nonchalantly. "Yea. I'm no wildlife expert, but I thought the bears were all napping now 'til spring. Maybe this dude was just late."

Then a large, gaping yawn broke her thoughts, teeth glinting in the light before her features settled back to their smooth beauty. "D'yuh ever wish you could hibernate? I sure as hell do." A chocolate voice slid from her lips, still rough from her earlier nap, and she stretched out her neck before glancing back toward the stranger. Who was she, anyways?
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Now there was some good small talk that Cyclone could get behind. She instantly liked the other girl, which wasn't something that happened often. A big ol' genuine smile was soon on Cyclone's face. Wouldn't that be the life? she agreed. Does seem strange that it's wandering when it's this cold out. Cyclone stepped forward and lapped up a few gulps of water then backed away and licked her lips. She took another look at her newfound acquaintance, then figured "what the hell."

I'm out here looking for a decent place to settle. Don't think this looks like the one, considering there are zombie bears waltzing about. That's good, Cyclone, just casually bring up your plans to a stranger and hope they take the bait. This was gonna be fine. It's totally how this whole thing was gonna come together. Granted, she had zero leadership experience, so she'd probably need at least one other willing fool to help her out.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Her lips tugged into a half grin when the stranger agreed, moving to settle herself onto her rear and trace the horizon with daffodil eyes before returning to Cyclone.Β 

The statement caused Vyn's brows to raise in curiousity, tongue sweeping out to wipe across her lips in thought as she observed, ears twitching. "Is that so, huh?"Β a sweet voice hummed out into the frigid air, feeling a polar gust of wind brushing over her spine and tumble down to the tip of her tail; oh, it was terribly bitter weather. Oh, how pleasant it would be to share the warmth of others... wink wink, nudge nudge, was she getting her point across? "Just you, or ya' got others on board too?" she wasn't entirely opposed to it just being the woman draped in storm-clouds, but... winter was harsh, and it'd be nice to find some dudes to chill with.
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Neasa nodded casually, as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Just me for now, she replied, but you know what they say. If you build it, they will come. She wasn't sure how true that actually was, but it was a nice sentiment. If that were the case, all she had to do was figure out where she wanted to build it... and with whom. Cyclone had no intention of picking up just any old rag tag gang. She wanted only those that held ideals similar to her own.

Is that what you're doing out here, too? Looking to start something? she asked, canting her head to one side. Neasa knew she'd have competition out here, and it was good to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, right? Not that anybody else was an enemy... yet. Takiyok might be one, but she doubted that Takiyok had taken her seriously at all.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Her ears perked, and she listened in silence - this woman desired to create a place of her own, but why? Perhaps her own opinions lay in opposing directions, or perhaps she wanted to start a family; frequently this was the reasoning behind departures, but then again, she could always be wrong. And she was absolutely not one to judge - as far as the vixen was concerned, people could do whatever the fuck they wanted.

"Me? No, but I was considering joining one." Vyn quirked a brow, pallid gaze searching for a reaction. With any hope, the grey woman would play along, and invite her to join - but, then again, perhaps she ought to learn more about this group first. Rules could be terribly dull.
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ohhhh? she replied, ears pricked forward. What sorta things are you looking for in your next venture? she asked. It would be good to know what others wanted, after all. Cyclone had a general idea of what she wanted, but she never planned on being an overbearing leader. It made most sense to take in the feedback and opinions of others in order to create something that everybody enjoyed. Not only that, but Cyclone wanted to make sure this lady wasn't looking for something that lined up with some crazy philosophy. Neasa wouldn't be having any of that... at least not if they wanted to push it on the rest of the pack.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Her statement nudged the woman to enquire further, and Vyn decided to remain truthful - there'd be no point in lying, not here. If it proved that they were not compatible packmates, then that was that. The vixen had no desire to pull herself along on lies. "Honestly, just a chill place. Uh, I'm not great with religion... I mean I can respect it and all that jazz, but i'm not religious myself." She'd encountered groups in the past who were based heavily on following certain gods, and she was afraid that all of that was entirely wasted on her.Β 

"As long as it's not some crazy assassin squad, as cool as that sounds, i'm pretty down." She liked to simply go with the flow, see what was passed her way - if she ended up hating it, she'd just up and leave, easy as.
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone laughed at the idea of religion being a problem. I'm more of a heathen than anything, she responded, Not the violent kind, though. Neasa would always choose flight if she had the option between that and fight. That was likely why she had bounced from pack to pack her whole life. I got some ideas floating around my thick skull, but nothing outrageous. I want a place that's easy for folks to come and go. Loyalty is cool, but keeping the peace is cooler. I want us all to help each other out, even if somebody decides it isn't the right place for them.

I also want us all to help out raising kids. That shouldn't fall on just the parents. And maybe, like, a rotating leadership of some kind? I'm thinking two stationary positions and two where we decide at random, so long as they've been around awhile. The Blackthorn paused there, hoping she was explaining things in a way that made sense. She'd let that soak in and see if... Name's Cyclone Blackthorn, by the way. That, of course, was an invitation for the other's name to be given.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She fell silent again, a small smile playing on her maw as she listened to the other woman's words - yes, so far, so good. Rosy tail flicked at her hind, slowly nodding along as Cyclone gave a brief rundown of her plans. Only when she finished did the Reigns girl make a sound, gaze sparkling: "Honestly, that sounds pretty damn good to me."

Cyclone Blackthorn. She quickly comitted it to memory, giving her own name in turn as a gust of wind shivered over her back -- "Vyn Reigns."
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Well, consider yourself recruited! Cyclone said, hopping up on her hind legs and slapping her front paws together in a sort of awkward wolfish clap. I've been exploring stuff nearby trying to lock down a more permanent location. I'll howl every so often if we happen to split up so you can keep up with my whereabouts. Sound like a plan? They could cover more ground and probably recruit more members that way, rather than sticking together like glue the whole time. We can reconvene as necessary, and I'll try to keep everybody in the loop. So far, it's just you and me.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
21 Posts
Ooc — Belle
A pretty grin stretched across Vyn's muzzle, gaze glittering - she'd never doubted her abilities to gain entrance into a pack's domain, but she was glad to find someone not entirely disimilar to herself whom she could follow. The details of this newly created group seemed to perfectly fit with the Reigns' morals, and she was intent to see what path this one led her on.

"Hell yeah," came her response, "Sounds like a plan." Then came another question to tip into her skull, and she hummed quietly to herself before voicing it aloud. "So, like, if I find anyone who seems decent enough and is interested, should I recruit them? Bring them to you? Or would you rather I just leave that job for you to handle?"
Β 
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone hadn't considered that Vyn might want to recruit others, but it did make sense if she wanted the pack to succeed. The Blackthorn contemplated for half a second, then nodded. Yeah, go ahead and recruit them if you think they'll fit in. I can always kick them out if they're awful. And she certainly wouldn't hesitate to do just that. Cyclone planned on being picky with who was allowed within their little group. She was pretty sure that was the only way they were going to be successful.

Anxious to keep moving, but unwilling to cut their conversation short, Cyclone waited patiently in case Vyn had any further questions or concerns.