Stone Circle You Say Good Bye And I Say Hello
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
All Welcome 
Vespera had hoped to try and have a better image of herself and something to do to help this pack, but she wasn't sure what. Though she did tell Valette that she could try to be a fighter, however there wasn't really anything much of a threat to East Hollow to where she had to throw her life on the line, she probably wouldn't do that yet since she didn't live her life here in this pack. Vespera carefully guided her steps through the powder, though she had to trudge through some areas because she wasn't quite that big and the snow level at some points raised to her chest. She wound bound through the snow like a dear with her large paws stretching out and trying to grip the ground to get more traction. The female finally got to a flat area in a clearing where her body didn't sink into the snow. Vespera sighed, her breath becoming visible out of her muzzle as it drifted up into the air until it slowly disappeared. The young female twitched her ears to the sounds of snow falling from trees with a muffled thump. Vespera folded into a sitting position and looked down at her paws, she always found them interesting since they were so large, indicating her age. Vespera slowly rose her head to shoulder level and peered at the woods around her. She could try patrolling, but she still wasn't so familiar with the borders around the pack. The female flared her nose as it looked like steam came out of them, she flicked her tail up and down as she contemplated what she was going to do next.

@Korei Julia
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei blended in well with the snow. Sometimes she just liked to lay in it, bury herself in it and blend. Though today she didn't necessarily hide, and rather just laid in the snow while slowly licking at her paws. Preening over her paws and legs, only pausing when she saw something move. When she thought it was nothing, she continued to preen over herself.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera took one step into the deep snow and practically sunk. The female desperately tried to claw her way out since it seemed she was in a ditch, and that ditch was covered in snow so she couldn't see it coming. Vespera's limbs were getting exhausted and it was no use on trying to get out. The young female flared her nose as she looked up to see the opening, it wasn't a deep hole, she could jump out but she was afraid that if she landed, the snow below would give way and she would fall in again. The young female reared up on her hind paws and tried her best to balance as she peered over the edge of the hole to see if anyone was watching. Vespera's eyes were able to see over the hole and she really couldn't see anyone so she sighed in relief and lowered herself back onto her paws. The East Hollow female flicked her tail in annoyance as she had barely any room to pace back and forth in so she just stood still with a narrowed gaze looking up from the bottom of the ditch.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia preened at her front paws, until something moved again. This time, it was much more clearer in view. Another wolf. They looked to be rather young, perhaps close to her own age in fact. They seemed to fall, and suddenly Korei went into a bit of a panic and popped up. "H-Hey! You need help?!" She rushed over.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female's ears had perked up when she heard the voice of another female, though it was unfamiliar. Vespera heard the sound of rushing paws through the snow as she could tell someone was coming to her location. The voice had asked if she needed help, to which was of Vespera's embarrassment since she thought no one had seen her. The figure that had come over was a snow white female, no wonder she couldn't see anyone, "n-no I'm Fine! It is easy for myself to get out of this one!" Vespera put on a fake grin and a booming voice to sound brave and confident, but in reality, she wasn't sure how to get herself out of this one, even if she had big paws to climb herself out. However, she had a plan, that could either make herself look cool, or make her look like a dunce. Vespera lowered her belly to the ground and readied herself. Without hesitating, she sprang onto the wall of the ditch, and did a rickashay off of it and rocketed herself over the edge of the hole. However what she didn't plan was that she rocketed herself right at the snow white female, therefore her body had slammed into the female, messing up her landing and forcing Vespera to tumble over like a tumbleweed as snow sprayed like a wave. Vespera quickly got up in an awkward way as she shook the white mist off of her dense fur, "oh Jesus, are you okay? Sorry about that, I forgot you were there." Vespera gave an awkward chuckle to herself as she tried to come up with an excuse for springing her self at the female.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tipped her head to the side, her ears flopping in the same direction. Korei opened her mouth to speak as she watched them began to move. Then spring. She screamed out, trying to scurry out of the way, kicking up snow. Only to fall on her side, thrashing a bit till the other was no longer on her.

Korei huffed to herself, then shook off her own fur. "I-I am fine! A fright that's all...just a fright...how did you even get stuck down there?"
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
sorry for late response!

Vespera watched as the female scrambled to her paws as they both crashed. But Vespera was too caught up in the moment to really feel bad but she did apologize anyway. Vespera watched as the female shook her own fur, the snow spraying onto her own. The young female flared her nose since she had to shake her fur again. The female said that she was fine, which relieved Vespera for she thought that the female would have reported this to Valette and she would get in trouble, but she was just taking this to a whole different level. Then the female had asked how she had fallen into that hole which made Vespera's heart jump a little. She didn't want to tell her that she just clumsily fell into that hole since originally that hole was a small ditch, but thanks to the snow, it could be a hazard. "oh uh... I was just minding my own business and... I walked over it since it seemed secure, then the hole... Created itself." Vespera was dragging some of her words since she was thinking this up on the fly and as usual, she blamed her accidents on other things just to save herself on the embarrassment. The young female nodded and gave a little awkward smile to assure the female that she was fine and this was no big deal since Vespera wanted to avoid getting showered with worry.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'm so sorry about the wait! This move is keeping me from my laptop

Julia glanced to the hole again. Being caught in there alone, and if the snow had given way...she shivered all over. Whether it was to the cold or the fear she couldn't tell. "Created itself...should look out for more holes. They look dangerous." Very dangrous, in her mind. The thought of being trapped under made her shiver again, this time she was sure it was from fear. Then, Korei moved forward and nosed her for a moment. "Are you okay? Nothing hurt, right?"
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female felt a little bad that she caused a bit of fear to arise in Korei about holes. However, the female didn't bother to confess to her lie since she really wasn't the type to apologize to others. Vespera nodded to Korei's concern for the holes to further push her lie, but what caught her off guard was when Korei began to nose her to check for injuries. The young female felt a little hot with uncomfortableness and slowly backed away a bit, though she knew the female had good intentions since she did ask a few times if she was hurt, she wasn't really keen on other wolves getting close to check for injuries. "Nope, no injuries here, I'm fine, besides the snow broke my fall," Vespera said, with her trying to sound assuring to the female. Vespera quickly scanned her surroundings, she was checking if there were any more holes around the two, even if it was hard to see them from this distance since she was so small. "I wouldn't worry about it all that much, winter comes and goes, it wouldn't be really much of a danger," Vespera gave a little confident and joking chuckle to try and move past from the whole self-making holes situation and move on, she really didn't want to lie anymore to the female since she did look a bit fragile to her.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei paused for a moment as the other backed away. She tilted her head, not fully realizing what getting so close did. Her tail did wag however, as she learned that Ves had no injuries whatsoever. Korei smiled at that happily. "Good, good! No injuries is good." 

Korei paused, her smile faltering for a moment. Worry much? It was all that she could do. "R-Really? No danger? What...what if the snow collapsed in?"
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera felt a little awkward standing there but she didn't really show it. The young female darted her eyes a bit back and forth when Korei said that there were no injuries, yes there were none physically, but mentally, they were as visible as a black bear against the snow. Vespera almost laughed at herself for thinking that but she refrained from doing so since she didn't want to show Korei that this wasn't a joke. Though what did concern her as she saw how the female's smile had faded a little and she sounded a bit worried about falling snow. "It really wouldn't be much of a deal really, besides you would have been there to fish me out if I fell in, right?" Vespera chuckled a little bit as she gave a reassuring smile to the female, with her eyes wide with amusement at her own remark. The young female did her best to try and stray away from the topic, though she wasn't really the best at it, "so... You were one of the new members that Valette announced at the meeting right? You are... Korei Julia right? My name is Vespera by the way." The dark female felt a little light headed when she talked to her since she was a little out of practice when it came to socialization and she was a bit nervous but she at least kept a little smile to assure her that everything was fine.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tipped her head again. It wasn't that much of a deal? She felt that it was a very big deal. Being buried under the snow...and she was worried for herself being stuck under there as well. "W-Well yes, of course I would..." But she doubted her own strength highly. 

But the discussion was sent another way quickly. A different train of thought. "Y-Yes...yes. I am Korei. I am someone new here" she answered back to Vespera. It was nice to have a name at least by now.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
sorry for late response!

The female felt a little awkward around Korei, it wasn't the female's fault, it is just that Vespera didn't really know how to start a conversation. A bit of awkward silence fell between the two as the dark female looked down at her paws and began swirling the snow lightly with her paw. The female had to figure out something to say to her, what to do.... What do to.... I hate awkward silences as much as the next guy... Maybe... Something she likes to do? What she is good at? C'mon, think you idiot! Vespera looked up at Korei, her gaze was unsure as she spoke her words, "Hey... Uh... What do you like to do? Or uh... What are good at?" Her words came out slow and awkward but it was the best that she could come up with at the moment. Vespera felt hot the more she waited, she felt like her legs were going to give in and she was going to plop in the snow but she restrained, she didn't show Korei any signs of a struggle.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia tipped her head a bit as Vespera began to try talking. Asking some things. How she asked, it reminded herself of how she used to be. And sometimes still was. She smiled shyly a bit once the question was asked.

"Herbs...stars. I love the stars. Like...they are always there for me. Anytime I want to see them in the night, be kept company, they are there..." She sighed happily at the thought. "And you?"
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera perked her ears when Korei mentioned stars, it brought back the memory of her looking up at them before Phyllis passed, but she would rather forget that moment. What did come to mind was her first tour with Brynn and how she admired the stones that stood at the heart of East Hollow, she remembered being so amazed at them and Brynn also shared the feeling. Korei also mentioned herbs, to which Vespera thought that the female had a knack for healing to which that could come in handy since the last healer up and left them. When the female asked about her interests, Vespera had to take a moment and think about it, she raised her lip and looked up with a crooked eyebrow and one ear to the side, making a funny thinking face, "uh...." She finally said, "you know, I am not quite sure once I think about it..." The female replied as she looked down with a normal expression. Vespera really hadn't found any interest in anything since she didn't have the time to find herself since she had been running all her life, but she could try to at least give Korei an honest answer about something. "I like to... Be by myself and just think, it's what gives me comfort sometimes," the female said slowly but she did try to sound a bit enthusiastic about it but that's all she could come up with since she really didn't think about it, she could say fighting but she did it for survival and not for fun.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia kept on smiling after voicing her thoughts on the stars. Perhaps the most beautiful thing in her life was a star-lit sky, being able to sit under and enjoy it. It let her think, and forget all the bad things in life if even for a few long moments. 

"Be...by yourself?" Her tail stopped swishing. "I do too...to see the stars. Or just lay there, and think. It's nice...sometimes" Korei said, with her smile half disappearing. Till she beamed another smile. "Must be good at something, right?"
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera froze a bit when she noticed that the female stopped swishing her tail. Vespera felt like a failure, she knew she wasn't great at socializing but she never wanted to disappoint someone. Vespera figured that she needed a quick recovering comment and scrambled in her head for ideas, but the only thing that came up was sparing, and she figured with someone like Korei, that wouldn't sit well. However, her mind was put at ease a little when Korei said that she did like looking at the stars alone, which Vespera would agree too since she did like staring into space often, but figured that she wouldn't relate to that. The young female was not sure of how to replied when Korei talked about being good at something, the only thing I am good at is being a thorn in everyone's side, she thought, though she was about to say that out loud but she didn't want to be fussed with questions about her own self-worth. Vespera tried to come up with the next best thing to say, "no... I wouldn't say that I am good at anything really, I just sort of wing it, ya know?" It was the only thing she could say, she didn't want to upset her that she has been hanging by a thread and is still alive just by sheer luck.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had her head a bit lopsided now, with curiosity in her eyes. As she wondered in her mind about the wolf before her. They must have been good at some things, right? Then the answer came, and Korei frowned a bit. "Well that doesn't seem like a thing to be good at...winging it...what do you mean wing it?" she asked curiously.

"What about...what about hunting?! Or...or herbs! Or talking to others, like...like counselling!"
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Sorry for late response! was testing

The female was very hesitant, Korei was suggesting things that she wasn't very interested in, like herbs and counseling. But she did think about it when she mentioned hunting, though, I am not the best when it comes to hunting in groups, we all know how that turns out, she went back into her memory where she went hunting with the rest of the pack, and she almost got herself killed. Though Vespera really couldn't tell her how she was winging it since she was fighting for her life the entire time she was alive. Vespera was really struggling to connect with Korei, the first time she really connected with anyone was with Brynn and Valette, but Brynn left, so Valette was the only one she had left. "Me being a counselor? Oh no, I couldn't do that! I'm not the kind of person you would want advice from!" Vespera gave a big hearty laugh as she was trying to give small talk, but what she said was true, she would be the last person to talk to since she was really hard to connect to since she pushes everyone away.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei thought about that. So not counselor, the other seemed very talkative and Korei found that a good quality for counselors. Always keeping others talking. "Um...I mean...I could teach you herbs, if that helps?" she asked, her tail pausing. Could she even manage that, to teach another herbs? Like Pyx had done for her some time ago?
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera froze, the idea of teaching on how to help someone else closed up her mind. The female swished her tail anxiously, the female's gaze swiftly searched around to find an excuse to escape this situation. The young female didn't really want to stick around for this, but she didn't want to hurt Korei's feelings, but more of this, she could explode. Vespera took in a deep sigh, she then perked up her ears, acting as if she heard someone calling name. Vespera then pushed on this idea by perking up her head and looking around, "uhm... Oh dear! I think I hear Valette calling my name, maybe some other time?" Vespera than gave Korei an awkward smile, to show that there were no hard feelings, but the dark female really didn't want to stay due to her wanting to have an anxiety attack. Vespera felt a little guilty for leaving such a kind wolf behind due to her selfishness, but Vespera gave Korei a little curt nod and trotted away from her with the snow flying up as she stepped. The young female slowed her pace, the guilt was taking over, but she pushed on and picked up her speed.