Stone Circle There is greatness in your heart and actions
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
All Welcome 
Thread for anyone who wants to come see Greyback!
It had been a day since the terror of Zugzwang shadowed a veil over the pack and the demise of him followed shortly after. He and Valette were lucky to get out alive— her with a few meager cuts that matched him except for a large gash mark on his shoulder that would definitely scar.

Greyback had been wanting to move around, to constantly check the territory for any signs on the cats return, and of course to see his daughter who had just recently come back from her journey. He wanted to see her, ask about her journey, but with Valette's constant concern over him he decided to stay strictly in her den till she seemed satisfied. He didn't want to upset her too much, not after all she was doing for him. Letting him stay in her den and heal, bringing him food, treating his wound as best as she could.

He sighed at the thought, and lowered his head down to rest on his paws whilst looking outside the den. Perhaps someone would come to visit him.

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
s n a t c h
The words were still sinking in as Ira traveled towards the den that held her father. Part of her felt dread, after all, if she stayed could she have prevented the damage done? She was one of the only fighters in the pack and she left to satisfy her own desires. A trip that had ended shortly and rather unsuccessful. It would not take the mountain wolf long to reach the entrance, although she paused outside where she could not be seen.

Did she want to see her father??? Why was her curiosity leading her here? Maybe it's because he was injured standing up for the pack. Back in her old pack when she finally learned the truth about her parents, Ira was informed that Greyback was not a fighter. Instead, he took a vow to never hurt another, although now he had broken it. She could never really agree with his thinking, giving up protection is idiocy. Though now...

Ira let out a breath she had not realized she was holding and stepped forward to stand at the entrance. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, but she recognized the large shadowy mass that lay to the side. It was about now that she realized she had no words to speak, what should she even say? Instead, her eyes trailed to the large mark that ran across his shoulder, her gaze unreadable as stone like it always was. Why did her heart hammer her chest so?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia had sighted one of the only wolves that she trusted here in this pack going somewhere. So what does she do? She followed, from a distance. Having felt lonely lately, only wanting for company yet nervous still to make direct contact. To another, it might seem like stalking but that thought didn't even cross her mind. 

Only pausing once she saw Ira stop at a den. Korei suddenly felt as if she were intruding on something. She kept still from where she was, and couldn't even see what or who was inside the den.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
As the warmth of the rays that trickled in from the opening of the den ceased to caress his face Greyback looked up, brows raised in question to the tall figure that stood within in the opening, their frame still. Upon sniffing he noticed it was his daughter, and lifted his head, eyes wide. Never before would he have figured she would come seek him out. Not with the suffocating mess that was their relationship.

"..Ira?" He breathed, mouth gently opened, waiting for her to give some sort of reply. With the sun to her back it was quite difficult to make out her face, let alone expression. Why was she standing there without any words, did he scare her? The man felt a sudden nerve pinch within him at the thought of possibly making his daughter uncomfortable.

He gently rose up to his paws, winching as the movement stretched the frayed muscle and skin. "You're back from your journey," his brows pinched together. "I was afraid something had happened. Why don't you come in, Korei too,"

He gave a soft smile at the mention of her, knowing the female was nearby just by her scent. Although sheltered by the den it was easy to pick up the scent of others that was washed by with the wind. He had not known much about the newcomer, she seemed timid— be he was glad she was able to make friends with at least Ira.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Too blinded by her rushing thoughts, Ira failed to notice the smaller female following close behind. She watched as her father's expression changed, likely from shock. If she had not built up her wall to hide her emotions, she would likely mirror his expression too. After all, she still did not know why her paws carried her here. To him. As Greyback started to rise, a growl rose in her throat, Sit! .... Do not waste your breath and energy. A scowl formed as she took a few steps in.

If the male didn't listen, she wouldn't really do anything to enforce her words, but she'd likely keep a glare on him until he did. Ira's attention turned to the white female as Greyback made her presence known. It shocked her to see her trailing behind, but she would not prevent her from entering or ask her to leave. Instead, she would take a seat a short distance from Grey with a calming breath as she allowed her face to run blank once more. The mountain wolf failed to acknowledge her return, her thoughts away from her trip at the moment.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia kept very still as she heard a growl from Ira. She had not seen her act like that just yet, it surprised her to hear that. She watched quietly, peeking out from the underbrush so her white face was only just visible. Watching to see where this went. And wondering whom she was speaking to in the den. 

Till her name was mentioned. And her presence was realized. "I...I um...I didn't mean to intrude" she muttered, retreating slowly.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
As soon as the curt growl left the girl's throat he felt himself freeze, a frown settling on his face as his effort to stand up failed— halting him to sit back down again with a huff of air and a silent look towards his daughter. He was still confused as to why she was here and not answering him, but he took it in stride and swallowed a lump in his throat, waiting for her to come to him.

When he heard the soft voice of Korei he looked to the opening and watched her small face peek out from under a bush, her amber gaze filled with some sort of embarrassment before slowly retreating. "Please, it's quite alright Korei," he looked to Ira again with a bit of a raised brow, asking if it was quite alright indeed. Ira had appeared to him first, and while they were in the middle of some family quarrel it was pleasing with Korei had showed up. He knew she didn't socialize much.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The mountain wolf's gaze would shift between the two as her father gave her an inquisitive look. She did not want to frighten the white female so she gave a small nod to Korei, now shifting on her paws as she made herself a bit more comfortable. Ira focused on her breathing making sure it was even and calm. Any time her eyes fell upon the wound that covered Greyback's shoulder, she could not help but feel her stomach twist. Please...come in. You do not trespass here, this fool just does not recognize when he should be resting.

Ira's eyes flicked up from the ground to meet her father's with a stern expression...but perhaps something more. A look Greyback certainly had not seen before from his child. She slipped down so her chest rested against the den's floor and tucked her paws close as she waited for their white packmate to join them.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was still for what seemed like for a very long moment. Then she looked between the two with a confused look. "Fool? Something he did?" she asked. Though she knew the terms of needing rest. She always needed to rest when she was travelling. 

The pale wolfess sat but only just inside the entrance to the den, still rather timid. If anything she was closer to Ira, the only wolf besides Valette she felt comfortable near. "Wh-What happened?"
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He decided to ignore Ira's comment of calling him a fool, only smiling and shaking his head at her gaze. He did not miss the intensity of it, and resisted the urge to ask what was wrong. He had never seen such a kind look on her face when talking to him; it was good. He was glad they were making progress.

As Korei stepped in to sit at the entrance of his den he lowered his head again. "There was recently a cougar attack," he spoke, his voice almost as whisper as he recalled the event. "Valette and  I were able to chase it off, but not without gaining some scars and the death of one of our members." He barely recalled the woman's name. Only the fact she was older and around the same age as himself. "I've been confined to this den but it's rather stuffy, don't you think?" he chuckled.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Noticing her father's stare, Ira quickly hid her own with her usual stone face and turned to Korei to address her. Yes, moving with a wound as fresh as that is asking for trouble. She fell silent as Greyback spoke up about the attack, gaining a bit of new information in the process. Seems like Valette failed to inform her that there was an actual fatality. Hearing that made her chest grow tight and put a sour taste in her mouth. Grey's attempt at lightening the mood seemed to fly over the grey-scaled girl's head. Instead, she seemed distant as she ran over the faces she had seen since returning home. Who did we lose?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'm so sorry about the wait! This move is keeping me from my laptop

Korei Julia shivered right away at the mention of 'cougar'. Still she had nightmares of them. Always creeping towards her, lunging then she would wake up. Those large cats did nothing good for her memory, her imagination. Always prowling in her mind. Sometimes she could still hear it's growl...She shivered again. "I dislike cougars, very much...and any other cat." Cats she despised after they forced her from home. And made her gravely ill. 

"Do...do you need herbs? I know about herbs! Could help with it...maybe...surely." Was a big possibility if they would do anything. And the mention of the death of another, it shook her.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The Easthollow wolf sighed as his attempt to lighten to mood fell on silent ears. Ira was silent and stone faced as ever, while Korei still seemed small and scared. He wasn't quite sure what to do, but ultimately gave up and put on a frown as well. "It was Phyllis," he replied "She was a bit older than me— sweet and humble. But her fate was ultimately sealed before the attack. There was nothing we could do."

He looked over at the small female, taking in her shivering frame. She offered him some herbs, and he fell silent thinking about it. Valette was worried his shoulder might get infected, and while she tried to clean it he wasn't sure if it warded away an infection. He gave Korei a nod, and then smiled to her. "That would be lovely, Korei. Valette and I don't know much about them; say, would you be able to teach me sometime?" he questioned, tipping his head as he did so.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The name was but vaguely familiar. She recalled encountering the old wolf along the borders, seeking shelter from the winter. Ironic how she feared it being her last winter and it was, but not for the reason she thought. It was unfortunate for sure, but hopefully, she could rest easy now. While she still wished she could have been here to do something or prevent the attack, Ira would admit she was glad it was the old wolf who went and not someone younger. She lived a long life, experienced things, probably had kids at some point. It was the circle of life. The mountain wolf grew silent in her thoughts as Greyback questioned Korei about herb lessons.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Phyllis. Korei couldn't say she knew that name. She felt sorry she had never met them, however. There she sat in silence in thought over it...that was till Greyback spoke up and her tail began wagging in a bit of excitement. To help, she felt glad to be able to. 

She went off to find some herbs. And she had to rethink over the herbs she knew of. What were the ones that could help wounds...it would come to her eventually.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
As the silence grew and Korei tumbled out of the den, the elder looked off to the opening and gazed outside. It was getting late, the suns setting rays filtering through the trees and washing the den in its warm light. Ira had yet to say anything after he explained, and the man couldn't help but wonder what was going through that head of her's. It irked him a bit on the inside that he was unable to get to know her, but reminded himself a day would come where he would.

"It's getting late," he stated, glancing at her. "You should be getting some sleep. Thank you for keeping me company." He gave her a smile as always before rolling onto his side.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'm good to wrap up here!
Her ears moved before her eyes as Greyback addressed her. Ira had really only planned on stopping by to see the damage left by the cougar. Instead, she had stayed until golden rays filtered in through the den's entrance. Her father thanked her for visiting before rolling onto his side, likely to retire for the night, something she wasn't sure how to respond to. Ira's standing with him remained rocky, but she would at least acknowledge him as she stood to leave. Her eyes remained centered on Greyback as she reached the entrance, pausing to speak before slipping out into the dim glow of the nearing night. I am not tired. As I mentioned previously, it is you who should be resting.