Wild Berry Meadow lily of the valley
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A forgotten treasure that has long been stashed away in the open plains to thrive in thickness and beauty. The meadow itself radiates a feeling of security and comfort, while creatures small through large gather around to enjoy a day of munching on the abundant of rich berries that blossom in the field. Even through the harshest of conditions this land flourishes providing much needed nourishment throughout winter and a good snack for those who are passing by.

Cyclone was a hunter by nature, being a wolf and all, but she wasn't opposed to eating things other than meat when they were available. When she wandered into the meadow, she found a large quantity of red berries that were goddamn delicious. Pretty soon, she was frantically picking them off and chewing them, stuffing her face with the slightly sweet and surprisingly filling fruit. She wasn't well-versed enough in plants to know what she was eating, but they were goddamn delicious.

After a few hours of picking off all the easiest berries, she collapsed into a heap in the warmth of the winter sun. Cyclone felt slightly bloated and very much in a food coma, but the good kind where she knew she'd be able to stir after a few hours and really get a move on. For now, she basked in the sensation of being overwhelmingly full.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
She has crossed the mountains after spending some time there, enjoying the unfamiliar terrain. So much she has seen in the world and still, still, there is more. Much more than she will ever see, if she continues to age. There is not many seasons left, not the endless stretch before her in her youth. Life is finite, and the Void calls for us all.

The Melonii passes the woods without a second glance; she is headed for the meadow and the dark shape within it. A woman, sunbathing. A smile curves her lips as she strides toward the stranger, tail swinging slowly behind her. She fixes her indigo eyes on the ghastly white paws, then up to her face, and clears her throat delicately, if the other hasn't come to attention already.

Enjoying yourself, I see, Megara croons, settling on her haunches a pace or two away. It is quite nice, in direct sunlight, a reprieve from the bitter midwinter cold.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone had been on the verge of dozing off when she heard somebody approaching, and she at least had the decency to right herself and try to make her eyes look a little less sleepy. I've had berries before, but never this many. This place is a goddamn treasure trove! she praised, as if the whole world didn't already know how delicious and wonderful berries were. The other wolf seemed older (though by how much, Cyclone could only guess). Surely she knew how sweet and tasty berries were.

There's still plenty to go around if you want a snack. Or an entire meal. Or a goddamn feast. The Blackthorn felt she'd had the latter, and she burped to prove her point.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The sunny enthusiasm is catching, even for someone so trained to keep their emotions in check. Megara lets the joy flit over her face before becoming pleasantly impassive once more, eyes wandering over the bushes. Perhaps I will partake, when I am hungry, the Melonii murmurs thoughtfully, licking her chops in idle fashion.

She turns her gaze to the woman, questioning. I suppose this place is new to you, then, she hazards a guess, lifting her muzzle in illustration. Where do you call home? I am quite new to these lands, and short on knowledge. I would love to learn more.

It is different, now. She has no mission, no goal. Her job is to wander and that is that. Any other opportunity that comes along is by chance. For once, her prodding for intelligence is not rooted in something nefarious, but mere curiosity, instead.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
I passed through here awhile back, but I didn't stay long. Don't have a home base right now. Maybe some would find that sad, but considering everything Cyclone had attempted to make a home had turned up short, she didn't feel bad about it. Being a free agent again felt good and right. It wasn't her ultimate goal, but it was one she was happy with until spring hit. That, of course, was why she was out here exploring.

I'm not really the gal to ask about what it's like here. Just seems to be a bunch of packs that don't know what they're missing without me there, Neasa grinned and winked. She'd always been a confident one, and she wasn't about to stop now.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
This girl could be her daughter. The age was right, and the attitude, too. Megara smiles broadly, ears twitching with intrigue even she can't stifle. Maybe she'll hang around here for a bit, get to know this young woman. It certainly wouldn't be a waste of her time, that is for sure.

That's the spirit, the elder replies, eyes creasing in amusement. I am Meldresi--who do I have the pleasure of speaking to today?

Well, just because she likes the free spirit doesn't mean she trusts her.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She introduced herself, and then asked for Neasa's name, which was easy enough to dole out. Cyclone, she replied with a flick of her tail. She had no qualms about handing out her name, and lately she'd been using her nickname rather than her birth-given one. It just seemed more appropriate this way. Going by Neasa just hadn't worked out like she thought it would, and the switch back was easy enough. It wasn't as if she were likely to run into too many of the wolves from the glacier out here. They barely ever seemed to leave.

You planning on sticking around these parts, she asked, or are you just here to galavant around learning about stuff? Either answer was fine with Cyclone, and hopefully her tone portrayed that much.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
A rather meh name for a pretty female, but it cannot be helped. Megara smiles politely, dipping her head. She thinks of her own daughters. . .Malyani and Malene. Would this have been her child, the rogue thinks she would have named her Malia. Something sweet, with secrets hidden within. Ah, well.

I never stay in one place for very long, Megara says, shaking her head in response. Her lips quirk wryly. I am also a little too old to 'galavant,' my dear. No, I will settle eventually. . .but not yet. There is still wandering to do. So much left to see. Will she gaze upon it all before she dies?
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Boy, did Cyclone know that feeling. Her life had been a series of hopping from one place to the next, to the next, to the next, and so on and so forth. Now that she wanted kids, though... she knew she'd have to change that, at least for a little while. Cyclone wondered if Meldresi had ever settled down long enough to have children of her own, but she figured that was a bit too personal to ask, considering they had only just met.

Well, if you find yourself looking to settle down for just a little while, I can probably help with that. Working my way toward gathering up some like-minded folk who don't mind the coming and going of their pack mates. There were other reasons Cyclone wanted to dip her toes in leading, but that was the relevant one right now.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Ah, the old recruitment pitch. Though this girl did it more fluidly than many; Megara is pleased, though not surprised. Cyclone is undoubtedly glib, and she loves her for it. She is a little loath to decline such an offer, but at least it is only for now. Time and weather will tell.

I think I will stay on my own a bit longer, but thank you for the invitation, Megara says sweetly. I will leave you to your sunbathing. Perhaps our paths will cross again, Cyclone.

With a gentle inclination of her head and a pause to wait for a farewell in return, she departs, skirting the edges of the meadow before heading to the line of dark trees. Even a wonderful conversation with a bright girl has not sated her curiosity for what is hidden inside those woods.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone nodded amiably, then watched as the dark wolf disappeared into the trees. At least no harm had come from talking to her, and the Blackthorn felt that she was getting better at this whole smooth recruiting thing. Sucking in a deep breath, she exhaled and let her head rest on the ground, content to nap for a little while longer while she digested the berries.