Snowforest Taiga éphémère.
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
All Welcome 
summary / 1mnth before she joins Drageda
aure is lost hungry sad & has just arrived to tekkon from the north. help her. or fight her. idk. she read the stars wrong & almost went back north. pls. smh.

Her fascination didn't matter when it came to being utterly lost.

Aure's porcelain body furls, a shiver works across her back and thin shoulders. In contemplation, a muscle flickers in her jaw as she gazes heaven-ward, following scarce-familiar patterns in the sky. The eve's formations here are so much different than those of her northern land.

In her mind's eye, therein, is a charting of stars all of her own making. And now, faced with such strange, southerly ones.... Because of them, she was slightly discomfited; these stars had nearly made her turn to an entirely different direction than she'd intended. A voyage she'd never meant to go on.

Put up against the rest of her greater worries, this minuscule one was like an insistent, harrying whisper at her shoulder. It seemed to always be there, snickering, reminding her of her mortifying error. Aure herself wouldn't admit to the fact that she simply tolerated it for the stark fact that the little sprite of a memory had been her only company in weeks. In a month.

Besides, how could you be lost when you never knew where you were in the first place?

Perhaps she was to go mad.
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The man walked with a jaunty step, contemplating all things and just how he would fare the winter. He was happy in these lands, plenty to eat and plenty of packs if he so needed. His desires, as well as his wellbeing, would thrive here. Thrive on them.
"Yes...Yes you can eat them all."  Maniacal laughter followed his lonesome words; he truly was losing it the longer he isolated himself.
"No, not eat. Play with them. Make them laugh...make them cry...make them beg and wish," he heaved feverishly, "then you can eat them!" he hollered, voice ringing clear. It was lucky he was alone for his time being.

He soon, in his mindless wanderings, came across a wolf as white as snow. Looking so sweet and pretty. Oh, how she'd stain if his teeth ever fell on her! Just imagine how she'd look after running across the land to escape his endless desires!
Ravishing.
"Hullo there!" He called out hoping to catch the wolfess' attention and speak to her, even just to hear her voice; so he could remember it. His tail waved, giving the effect of just a normal, friendly traveler. She wouldn't suspect a thing; unless she'd been close enough to hear his shouting earlier. "Where's a pretty lass like you going alone?"  he asked as he drew up alongside. His expression was open, friendly and radiating the demeanor a guardian would. However, there was an undertone that could tell one that he was a danger.   
"Crazy"Sane."
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Striving alone does little to warm bones when the night seeps in.

Aure wishes she could say that she was a light that never went out. Undimmed, as she was once dubbed. Yet, she flickers from time to time. And when the presence of another impresses upon her, her brow furrows. In a moment that is sharp, she is gazing over a thin shoulder. This unfamiliar air of the Teekon which breathes catches her voice, makes it listless and airy, "Good night."

Ever since her brother, she had taken more comfort in the glittering crevasse of countless constellations than was necessary. There wasn't a moment 

Except now. She catches a glimpse of him, grey and lurking, while her body remains open toward the north cradled by night - and is immediately wary. If not for the fact she is rather alone, now, but straying as well.

After a beat of unsure silence, her hesitance is smoothed into tentative welcome, "I haven't ze faintest idea of where I'm going, truth be told," and situated herself to face him a tad more. Either she did not care of the fact this male had promptly sprouted from the gloaming, or she was welcome for the heat of another near her after weeks of shivering and stumbling.
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He chuckled softly, warm and promising. He took in her face, the brutality across her eyes. It made her less desirable to the sick creature that stood before her, but it brought out her eyes even more, it seemed.
What beautiful, sweet eyes she had.

”Well, I’m afraid I can only wander aimlessly with you, Ma’am, for I have only just reached these parts.”
Cue friendly, dazzling smile. No, too overbearing. The smile fell as quickly at it was erected. 

He paused, watching her reaction, before continuing, ”Have you got anyplace in mind for your destination? I would be more than happy to accompany you.” 
That’s right, keep it warm. Even though the air was frigid he was warmth. His spindly form probably didn’t offer much in that way, but it was the beat he could offer.
"Crazy"Sane."
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
"Not at all. I have no knowledge of this territory I've come into..." she replied faintly, her own gaze sweeping across the endless, frosted terrain; the she-wolf did not catch his own speculation of her, and most certainly not the covetous thoughts that stirred therein.

Delicate and a tad wary, more of the land to be manifested than of him, Aure stepped away from the overcast male, and began to pick her way down the slope.  "Only that it is called 'Teekon', und that I wish to see ze ocean."

All of this is unknown of her, and it just about leaves her void. It leaves her sorely aching ‒ almost weightless! An expectant, waiting thing she'd ended up becoming; brimming, she passed a look over her flank at the loner accompanying her. "If you can guide me there, then perhaps I am right, in trusting one of my own rather than these be-damned lights -- for once." There was a sidelong edge to her trilling, airy voice; and despite the brutality that lapped red and thin along her brow, her own eyes glittered, almost borean.
lame writing b/c i'm almost out of steam for the night LOL
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
No knowledge? Perfect. There would be no one to tell of her disappearance because — the maniac laughed in the halls of his own mind, wicked and unforgiving — no one knew of her; except him!

Oh! He was so glad he’d found this treasure first. She was his to look after and care for — then he could lick the flesh from her bones so they shone as white as her fur. 
”It would be me honour to guide you, Ma’am.” The control of his bloodthirst was slipping, the rasping breathlessness was returning sooner than he anticipated. He could only entertain the thoughts of her for so long before she would realise — and flee. 

He took a deep shuddering breath and turned his head from her. He had to take a moment to console himself and make sure he didn’t try to taste her right there.
Oh, what sadistic thoughts ran through his mind. 

He looked back to her and inclined his head to the north-west. The way he’d come from. ”The ocean is back that ways.” It was ok, he would go with her and he could let her be happy. Happier still she could be with him. Maybe she would prove to be too much of a treasure to devour, but instead, he’d indulge his deepest desires in her. 
”Say, what’s your name?” His tainted eyes watched her, watched her neck as she brought forth the words and followed them to her lips. 

Mesmerising.
"Crazy"Sane."
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
And so, they set off, Aure wholly none the wiser of the base, masochistic thoughts that coursed through the male’s fevered head. At least, for now, she was unaware of just how unhinged the overcast loner was. Regardless, she decided on a name—neither her true birth name, but neither a complete falsehood—as she fell into step alongside him, ”My name is Aure.”

Recalling his earlier assessment of the terrain towards the ocean, she condescended to dip her head to him with a modest, ”I appreciate your guiding me. You could have simply gone on your way; were you heading anywhere particular, yourself?” Hesitantly, she tried a smile; nothing more of a soft curling of her lips—not something she would come to regret doing in the months to come.
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The words falling from her lips almost undid him -- soon it would.
"That's a beautiful name." He mused idly before falling as silent as a grave. He walked beside her, eyes locked on her. Head possibly looking unnatural at the angle. Simply stared as they walked until he remembered himself and dragged his head back to his direction.
He was quiet for a few moments longer, his tongue laden on his mouth, flicking uselessly against yellowed ivories in an attempt to bring forth words.
"I-I'm not sure..." His voice, the first signs of his thoughts overwhelming his actions. Compelling him to take the bitch's head and dash it against rocks until her crying pains stopped.
The blood would coat him, his mouth, fur. His face, his paws. Soaking the ground.

He licked his maw, trying to keep his leash tight.
But he broke free.

In the next moments, he took a few steps forward and turned to face the snowflake, eyes fixated on her. Assessing her. His tail curled high above his hips, a soft grumble hinting the beginning of the tempest.
"How about we don't go to that ocean yet Aure." His eyes danced with danger, his voice guttered and hollow. Rasping. A file against wood. "Come with me," he crooned.
He stepped to her, outstretching himself to her, hoping to just touch her... clamp down on her.
His teeth clacked in emphasis of his desires.
"Crazy"Sane."
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
She nodded in thanks to the compliment of her name; more of a think-nothing-of-it

Other wolves may have simply backed away. Other wolves may have pleaded with creatures such as he for their lives, or lashed out in terror. Other wolves were utter fools; and she wasn’t one of them. No, she’d lived through something—something that seemed more lesser when compared to Rakk, as evident on her façade. Something that made her do the only thing she knew:

”You want me?” Her fear was old and new at the same time, and she allowed it to course through her, entwining with her sudden surge of rage. ”Then come and take me, veren.”

And then she ran, streaking like a star, back the way they’d come so far and deftly plowing through the snows.
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Heat flared in his groin, made his heart leap in his chest at her teasing. His ears cupped, eyes glazing with that lazy lust. A malicious smirk cleaved his lips and he pushed after her; savouring the chase that would ensue.
He loved his prey teasing him.
Loved the thrill, the surge; the claiming. The moment they screamed under him when warmth clasped around his member.

His foot sunk, making him eat dirt. He surged upward with a crow's laugh, glad the snowflake would make him work for her -- and when he got her, he'd relish her until the last breath.
Little did he know it would likely be his last breath
"Crazy"Sane."