Whitewater Gorge important renewal information enclosed
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
For @Kazimir, but all welcome!

Carved by years upon years of flowing water, wind, and other natural elements, this gorge dips beneath the natural level of the earth to forge a ravine of rock through this otherwise flat region. At its rim, the canyon’s width is variable in size. In some locations, the gap is narrow enough to leap across. In others, no wolf would stand a chance. For those daring enough to try, natural ledges have been etched into the canyon walls. Scaling them is risky at best. To slip is to plummet into the waters below. While generally swift moving and difficult to manage, the rapids within this river have been known to shift from year to year as bottom sediment settles in different locations along the riverbed. There’s no way of knowing what lies just beyond the river bend or at the bottom of the gorge.

Cyclone was tireless in her search for the perfect place to call her own. Well, it wouldn't be just hers, she knew that much. She was more interested in finding somebody to settle down with than finding the perfect place... but exploring kept her mind occupied well enough that she felt like she was doing something. The Blackthorn had promised herself that she would find somebody to make a family with, come hell or high water. The more she thought about it (and she had plenty of time to think these days), the more she liked the idea of finding as many family members as possible. She had never been particularly fond of the whole "mate for life," thing, so maybe she could coerce a few dudes (and ladies?) into the idea that it didn't have to be that way.

Her paws eventually led her to one of the steep drop-offs down to the river, and she halted there. The distance between the ledge and the other one straight across was much too far to jump, even for the strongest, most limber wolf. Cyclone was neither of those things, so she sat down and curled her tail around her feet. The days were cold, and the nights were colder. Snow was drifting slowly down this afternoon, making for a pretty sight as it dwindled toward the bottom of the gorge. As visually pleasing as it was, it wouldn't be a practical place to call home.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
The cold never really bothered her. In Russia the cold was brutal, you would freeze if you didn't know how to get warm quickly. She had been taught by members of her group how to dig a holehdeep into the snow, slide inside and pack it with your body. The snow would cover you up again but the little pocket of packed snow prevented it from suffocating you. She knew she would have to do this again if she didn't find a pack to settle with, though the notion of joining one was new to her. 

She travelled along the edge of the gorge occasionally pausing to look over the edge and stare down into the long deep crevice. In certain areas the drop turned to more of a steep cliff that would cause some damage while rolled down before dumping you into the water. She imagined it, that way to die and shivered as she pried her gaze away from it and spotted someone in the distance staring down. Curiosity got the better of her and she approached, eyeing the form of the stocking marked female. "Hello" she chuffed, offering a friendly upturn of her lips.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A friendly greeting pulled Cyclone's grey eyes away from the gorge and the snowfall, and turning her head until her sights landed on a pretty little thing. Well, maybe not "little." She was of average stature, actually... probably about the same height and weight as Cyclone herself. Howdy, she replied to the greeting, her tone warm and welcoming, if not a bit distracted by all the thoughts that had been running through her mind lately. Cyclone returned her attention to the gorge, looking out over it and generally being entertained by it.

Can I run something by you? Like, stranger-to-stranger? she asked. Cyclone had never had many friends or maybe she would have run the concept by them instead. Now that this wolf had shown up, she felt she had somebody to bounce ideas off of. Maybe the other girl would think she was crazy and depart immediately, but that wouldn't be the worst outcome. At least she didn't seem hostile (yet, anyway).
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
She was relieved to finally the other woman friendly and she gave her a slow sweeping once over, an appreciative gleam coming to her gaze. The woman was pretty, maybe she would even consider her beautiful. Kazimir allowed a slow smile to spread across her maw and as the other turned their attention back to the gorge she sauntered forward her hips moving slowly as her walk of masculine confidence turned to a sultry, feminine saunter. She took a seat a respectful few feet away from the woman and flicked an ear as the other asked to share a secret. Her smile turned into a smirk of amusement. So the stockinged woman was that kind of girl? Trusting? Open? Craving an open ear to listen to her woes? She could do that, though only because she hoped it may help her get off, She hadn't had sex in so long. Of course. Would a name be too much to ask first?" she removed the smirk from her maw as she turned to look at the other, a hopeful expression replacing it.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Well then we wouldn't be strangers anymore, would we? she teased, deciding this one would have to earn the name by listening to her batshit crazy plan. I been thinking a lot about how it's pretty weird that we as a species think we've got to attach ourselves to one wolf of the opposite sex for our entire lives. Who ever made up that rule, anyway? Let me tell you, one wolf cannot provide all the things I'm looking for. Not only that, but I've watched my own mom raise litters, and it is tough as shit work. Wouldn't it be easier if the whole pack was involved? And wouldn't they be more likely to help if everybody was loving everybody... if ya know what I mean?

Cyclone let a beat of silence fill up time, then shook her head. Sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it? I think it might work though. With the right wolves. She knew Grayson's lot never would have gone for it. They were dead-set on the idea of the one-to-one ratio of males and females. I think having leadership is good, too... but what if... what if membership got to come in and offer advice on occasion, too? Seems like all the packs I've been in, the leaders act all high and mighty and can't stand the thought that somebody else might do a better job.

She was mainly thinking out loud here, but she felt like all these things had some merit. Maybe it was time to break out of that traditional mold and seek out something new.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
"I suppose not, No" she admitted, lips curling up wryly as her eyes gleamed with amusement. A woman playing hard to get, a tease, she liked it. The woman wasted no time in blurting out her plan which Kazimir listened to attentively. The beginning immediately caught her interest and she turned so that she focused on the woman who had now earned her full attention. It made complete and utter sense to the girl who was self admittedly not one to really settle down with one man or woman since she never got too close to anyone but thoroughly enjoyed sex. She loved sex and she had a soft spot for pups but what prevented her from wanting her own was the fact that raising a litter of two to eight wriggling, screaming messy children all by herself while the father was out doing god knows what sounded absolutely maddening. Surprise surprise the female also touched on that subject and Kazimir found herself nodding slowly with total understanding in the pause that the woman gave. She would have responded except the other woman took a breath and then continued, speaking of leadership problems and how alphas acted high and mighty. She laughed and nodded "rukovodstva do tend to be....cocky. arrogant. like they are so into themselves they have their heads up their own zhopa" she was still slowly nodding, eyes distant like she was thinking over what the pretty woman had said."Everyone has different skill. One may fight. Other may hunt. While they can do both, one is for sure better than other. It is the way of life." she shrugged like she didn't see the major problem with that. She never considered herself the world's best fighter though she knew she was good.

"I think you have good idea krasavitsa. Why not also have everyone share in pup duties? feeding after weaned,bathing, entertaining. If we share one another why not share the pups?" she asked curiously, forgetting her intention to get the woman's name and now fully interested in hearing just how thought out and developed this woman had her plans.

Hover for translation.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The other wolf listened, at least to some degree, as Cyclone rambled on. She offered her response, which seemed to be in agreement with everything that the Blackthorn had laid out for her. That was reassuring, but it seemed entirely possible she was just being agreeable to be agreeable. Not all wolves were apt to give their true opinions... especially to a stranger. The other wolf also sprinkled in a bunch of made-up words that Cyclone didn't recognize, and she squinted each time one was said, trying to gather from context what she was trying to get across.

Neasa nodded thoughtfully, returning her attention to the canyon below. I don't know if it'll work, she admitted. But lord knows I'm gonna try. And what's the worst that'll happen, eh? That was rhetorical, of course. Name's Cyclone, by the way. And yours? It didn't seem like the other wolf was going to push her off the ledge for her whacky ideas, so maybe she might come along for the ride.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
It would seem that the other was somewhat pleased by her understanding and agreeing and Kazimir waited patiently for her reward, the name of this beauty. Unfortunately she hadn't seemed to catch onto any of the flirtation she had given out yet, perhaps she needed to be more blunt. The black furred woman finally gave her name and Kazimir smiled, eyes gleaming. Cyclone. A storm. And here this woman was trying to take the world by storm, forming her own pack with unique ideas she was sure would probably be viewed as unpopular. "It suits you. My name is Kazimir, my parents wanted a boy" she said giving the explanation as to why it was a man's name with a humorous tone. "Nothing would ever happen without being attempted first. Go for it. maybe I will find my way there" she said.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone blinked, unaware of why Kazimir was telling her the thing about her parents wanting a boy. It appeared to be a non-sequitur, but Neasa didn't bother digging into it more deeply. She nodded in agreement at the latter statement and Kazimir's "maybe" reply to the unasked question of whether or not she wanted to come along for the ride. I'll probably head back south now. If you want to find me, just gimme a howl, yeah? she said. Maybe some others will be interested by then, too.

She rose to her feet, but Cyclone didn't leave just yet.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
All at once Kazimir lost the desire to continue trying to flirt with this woman, she seemed to be clueless to it which struck her as funny since the woman wanted to create a free love, no breeding rules type of pack. She cleared her throat as Cyclone said she would be heading south "I will for sure. I will stick around, explore. It was a pleasure meeting you" she said flirting one last time before standing up herself and saying goodbye, heading away.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone watched with a tinge of disappointment, but plenty of hope, as Kazimir wandered away. The Blackthorn girl blinked, trying not to take it too personally. There were plenty of other wolves to recruit, and she wanted to be sure that each and every one was excited to join her. Apathy just wouldn't do. She had left the door open, and it would be up to Kazimir to decide whether or not she wanted to be a part of Cyclone's lil' band of miscreants.