Jade Fern Grove Turn off the lights and turn off the shyness
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He sucks in a breath when Midar questions him, finding he doesn't have an answer. I... He starts again uncertainly, trailing off for several more moments. There's no clear way to express how he feels, so he reaches for something else to say. I want you to stay with me for awhile. He says, rubbing his muzzle gently against Midar's cheek. His next words are softer. You'll be well enough to travel soon, but — Again he finds himself stuck on the words, so he simply falls silent, hoping his lover understands; he's reluctant to let him go, even knowing that their eventual separation is, in some capacity, his own doing.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He began to answer the question but stopped again, letting silence fall between them briefly before finally asking him to stay with him. Stay with you here? Midar asked. It was going to be a few days before he could travel anyway, but he wasn't sure he could stay with Alarian's pack. He might cause problems for him there, which part of him saw as an opportunity to separate him from his pack--problem solved. But, he couldn't be like that with his lover; he wouldn't want to hurt him like that. So, it left him needing to clarify what exactly he meant when he asked the beast to stay with him.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He half-expects him to say no outright, so his heart skips a little at the question. Yes, He says immediately, unable to keep the tinge of hopefulness from his tone. I won't leave again except to hunt, I promise. His words are soft, face still close to Midar's. He lowers his head to press his face into his lover's neck, mindful of his healing wounds, and preens gently at the fur there. There's something undeniably intoxicating about touching him — and maybe he sort of hopes the affection will help convince him to stay.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He didn't miss the slight anticipation in the other man's voice, and it caused a tightening in his stomach as he realized he would say yes just to give Alarian what he wanted. Luckily, he actually did want to stay here for a few days stealing alone time with his lover, so the two things combined made it easy for him to agree. Alright, he said first, eyes closing and heart quickening in response to the other man's grooming. I can stay for a few days, he murmured, lifting his head a little and leaning into Alarian's affection. He hated that he wouldn't be able to help with the hunting, but he figured it was a small price to pay for getting to stay here with his lover for a little while pretending neither of them had lives to return to.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Inexplicable relief washes over him at Midar's agreement, and he releases a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding. He pauses a moment as an unbidden smile curves his lips, returning to his grooming with a little more enthusiasm. He's far too tired and raw to question the strength of his emotions now. Maybe later, when he doesn't feel like he's been dragged several miles through the dirt, he'll wonder what has come over him, why he feels such a strong need to be in his lover's company. For now, though, he's content to express his affection as long as Midar will allow, slowly working his way down through the other's fur with every intention of continuing his journey into far less chaste territory. He really just can't help himself.