Heron Lake Plateau we'll be back again someday
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
@Buckshot had left to find his siblings, and Sequoia was left uncharacteristically sad. Normally, she was so upbeat and happy about everything, but Buckshot leaving felt like a wrench in her plans... whatever those plans were. She knew he would be back (because he said he would), but it didn't make it any less sad. The Drakru did her best to keep her cheery demeanor even as he said his goodbye, but now that he was actually gone, it felt different. She frowned, sulking near the lake and pitying herself.

She tried to remind herself that she too had left Drageda to find something new, and she didn't even think she'd ever go back there. Still, she had Buckshot had been close, and now she wondered if Kiwi would find a reason she needed to leave. No, no, no, she said to herself out loud. Don't start thinking like that. She nestled her head down onto her paws and continued to stare out at the lake, looking a bit despondent.
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Unlike her normally sunny counterpart, Kiwi was actually in a pretty good mood that day.  She'd had some luck hunting birds in the morning and was stalking around with a literal feather in her cap... or at least a few in her pelt.  When she spotted Sequoia, she made a beeline for her, not immediately realizing that she might not be in the mood to talk.

Hey!! Look what I caught earlier! She blew on a feather, which was a bright red, and it floated down between them.  Isn't it pretty?!  No realization yet, though it would likely only take a minute once she stopped to look at her best friend to spot her mood.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Seq lifted her head when she heard Kiwi's voice, then saw what was in her mouth: a feather. It reminded her of the day Dacio had given her a feather because... because he was sad? She never had really understood the significance. Maybe that was why they had never gotten along. The piebald girl mustered her best smile, but it was an obvious fake.

Thanks, Kiwi; it's really pretty, she said, Buckshot left. He said he'd be back, but he didn't say how long he would be gone, and I don't know... I guess I just thought he would stick around. He was the first wolf I ever recruited. And he had even followed her to the plateau. Now he was gone, and she wasn't even sure if she'd ever see him again. He'll come back, right? Like he said he would?
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
At first, Kiwi didn't really have an answer.  The abrupt conversation switch (from what she wanted to talk about) caught her off guard, and she didn't actually really know Buckshot.  Did it matter if he came back?  Not to her, so probably not.

I don't know.  Maybe? But maybe not.  She started, but then seemed to realize her friend was sad about this and so maybe this wasn't the best thing to end with.  She didn't actually remember ever really seeing Sequoia sad?

But probably, right? You're awesome, and I'm really awesome, so he'd be pretty dumb not to.  She bumped her shoulder to Sequoia's, then cocked her head and held out the feather.  D'you want it?
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kiwi's words weren't terribly comforting, but they were the truth, and Sequoia appreciated the effort. She gave her friend a half-hearted smile, since that was all she could muster. It was unlikely she'd be stuck in this funk for long, but that didn't make it any less of a funk. Yeah, I guess you're right, she said when Kiwi reiterated how awesome they were. She didn't think Buckshot was dumb, so him coming back made perfectly logical sense.

She looked at the feather again, then plucked it out of Kiwi's mouth, laying it down in front of her. What kinda bird do you think it belongs to? she asked. Momma Portia probably would have known, right? She was really smart about plants, and didn't that mean she'd need to know about other animals, too?
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Sequoia didn't seem fully better, but she seemed a little better, so Kiwi figured her job here was done.  There was one trade this girl, unfortunately for her friend, was not in the running for.  Of the two Sequoia was definitely the more emotionally supportive.

I don't know.  They didn't have birds this color in Drageda, did they? She stared at it, then frowned.  It was little, though.  Didn't make much of a lunch.  I wonder if there's bigger birds here somewhere, like the ones that used to live in the cliffs and get real mad when you tried to climb up.  They hadn't been exactly fun to deal with, but they'd made good meals!
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
It reminds me of Bat, she said, thinking of how Bat smelled really close to this shade of red. She gave Kiwi a glance, then remembered they weren't really on speaking terms, still? Maybe? Maybe she could ask... Did you and Bat talk yet? she asked, tilting her head to one side. She wasn't sure if that would cause Kiwi to shut down, but being an aspiring counselor/mediator, she had to try!
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh, Bat.  Kiwi looked away, tempted to keep her answer short, but this was Sequoia.  They always dished about things.

No. She said firmly, and I don't want to.  I don't get how everyone can act like she didn't do something wrong.  Mom was sad, and she left without telling anyone, and mom was even more sad.  And guess who got to deal with all that? Not to mention she'd left without bothering to say goodbye to Kiwi too.  And now she just avoids us.  Didn't even bother to say sorry.  She doesn't care, so why should I?  In true Kiwi fashion, she refused to make any effort to try and mend things, but was hurt by the fact that Bat hadn't made any effort either.  No matter she'd practically told Bat they weren't family anymore.  She should still be trying to make things right.

Kiwi wasn't sure what Sequoia's views on it were, but she figured she'd agree, because she knew Kiwi was right.  Right?
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia listened as intently as she could (which was to say, she listened very intently). There was, again, the thought that somebody leaving was the worst thing that could ever happen, and Sequoia bit her lip. She had left, but at least she had told Daddy Dio she was leaving. She still didn't quite know how he felt about it because she hadn't waited around for his reaction. Probably because she feared it. She knew her mother would have sent her off with a blessing... right? Momma Portia had always been so kind, so caring.

But that wasn't the focus of this thought train, and Seq tried to undo the derailment.

I left home, too. We all did. I know Wildfire was sad, but... sometimes life just takes you in a direction, and you don't really intend to hurt anybody along the way. Sequoia was completely ignorant of the havoc she had wrecked on her family back in Drageda, thank goodness. Maybe... it's just hard to say sorry. She offered Kiwi a sympathetic look, hoping she was making at least a lick of sense. She wanted both Kiwi and Bat to be happy, to be siblings again like they had before. This was rather hypocritical of her, considering she had left her siblings far, far behind.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi gave a small groan.  Nope, Sequoia didn't get it.  That's different. We told everyone, and they decided to stay.  Bat just left.  She gave a small, frustrated rrr.  We didn't know what happened, and its stupid to leave without telling. Even her best friend was cutting her sister slack, and honestly, Kiwi wasn't... really okay with that.

Mostly, Kiwi was mad because before that, she and Bat had explored together. Her sister leaving without a word to her, personally, had cut her to the core, and Sequoia obviously wasn't understanding (maybe because Kiwi wasn't telling).  Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's ok not to. She finally ended with, laying down with a disgruntled frown.  She would have apologized, she thought, if she was Bat.  But she would never do anything so wrong like that, so guess what? She'd never need to.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia frowned, and she felt like she'd come to an impasse. She couldn't blame Bat for leaving, just like she couldn't blame Dalia for leaving. Sure, some had said goodbye and some hadn't, but did it really make a difference in the end? Sequoia didn't plan on apologizing to anybody she had left behind. Except maybe her mother, who she had wished was around when she had left. She was still uncertain what had happened to Momma Portia, and not knowing that would always leave a bit of unease in the pit of her stomach. But to Dacio? To Opalia? To her father? She was unapologetic.

I don't think it's okay, she said after a minute of thoughtful silence. I do think Bat should say she's sorry, but I don't think she will for a long time. If ever, to be quite honest. Maybe she won't. Sequoia sighed and shrugged her shoulders dramatically. But she can't apologize if you two keep avoiding each other forever. And Sequoia was pretty sure they couldn't avoid each other forever, even if they wanted to. The pack was too small for that.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Something about this conversation set Kiwi majorly on edge, and she wasn't sure what.  It hadn't started immediately, but as they went, she could feel herself getting more and more agitated.  

What she said made sense, kinda.  I'm not avoiding her.  I just am not gonna go talk to her.  Which was pretty much the same thing, but not in Kiwi's mind.  Because in her mind she didn't have anything that she needed to say right now.

Kiwi did turn, though, and look at her best friend uneasily.  She needed to clear something up, because the discussion hadn't been exactly solid on it.  You wouldn't just leave without saying goodbye.  Right?  She asked, sounding less sure on this one than she had been when talking about Bat.  Bat had been her Sequoia before Sequoia, in a way, and she would definitely not be ok with having a repeat.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Could probably fade/archive here if you want!

Sequoia sighed, wondering if the rift between Bat and Kiwi would ever be mended. At this rate, probably not. Maybe it wasn't worth pursuing, but Sequoia couldn't help herself. She just wanted everybody to get along, especially if they were going to be in close proximity to one another. The piebald girl didn't think saying anything else right now would help, so she fell silent until Kiwi spoke up again, this time asking a question pointed at her.

Of course not, she promised, the corners of her mouth pulling up into a smile. You're my bestie. Sequoia had other friends, but Kiwi would always be her number one. Do you want to go grab something to eat? I think it might help take my mind off things.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
They'll have to have another sometime!

Whew.  She breathed out a sigh of relief when Sequoia answered that she wouldn't, and smiled back again.  Ok good.  She wasn't gonna force Sequoia to stick around forever (though she would be pretty upset if she left).  But she wasn't cool with her just taking off, mainly because what if Kiwi wanted to go with?  

Yeah, let's go!  Talking wasn't her forte, but that she could definitely do.  She probably should have felt bad, taking her friend's bad mood and turning it onto her own problems.  But she didn't even consider it as she trotted off next to her bestie.