Silvertip Mountain Are there also wolf gatherings here?
25 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
After meeting her first cougar male, Forsyth had been rather smitten. That would make at least one suitable partner she found. The female was not sure when she would go in season but it had to be soon. She had been feeling rather social lately which was a clear indicator to her. She felt the need to seek out a male. Hence why she continued her journey. She was certain the male she met would come to her scent and yowls when her heat was present. For now, the female was eager to encounter more cougars.

However, they seemed scares in these lands. She had encountered far more wolves than she had ever done. Perhaps she had just been in an area with lots of wolf gatherings, or whatever they are called. The mountain she was exploring now, seemed to lack wolves, at least for now... The female eyed curiously at the forested slopes. This was rather to her liking, perhaps if she would find a good den she might settle here to raise her future cubs.
18 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The female had been stirring since her encounter in the woods. She walked to the mountains now, looking for somewhere suitable to bed. Perhaps she'd find the scent of a male; the idea of a scarcity of males didn't appeal to her at all. She needed them as much as they needed her -- but, for now, she climbed with ease up the mountain. 

Scents wafted to her, old wolf trails, birds, the cold air bitter on the wind -- and a female. The scent had dragged her ass up her and she would find it. Hopefully. If she was to produce another litter, she'd need to secure a range. She'd do anything to secure that -- including eliminating the competition. Below, there were rather fetching woods that wolves had seemed to have recently vacated. If it was good enough for them, it was for her. And, with plenty of hunting nearby, she wouldn't have to go far from a den.
But if there was to be another female so close, she would have a problem with that.

So here Lischo was, bearing down on her prey with an air of malice and mischief; when she caught sight of the other so surged on. Large strides had her bearing down on the female, undoubtedly just on the verge of heat. Even if she didn't make contact, she hoped she'd chase the other out quickly enough.
25 Posts
Ooc —
The female had no clue that there had been another female so close to her. She believed the male she met that all the other females had been killed off by wolves. She had been traveling the mountain range and had not met any of her kind. Hence why the female was rather startled when another female came charging at her. She hissed in shock and jumped to the side. She had not met any scent marks so Forsyth didn't feel that it was very fair to be charged at.

Forsyth didn't really want to fight about territory, she had not even chosen to settle yet. "Calm down!," she snarled. She was just passing, looking for other males. Perhaps this female had a male that she was willing to share. Forsyth wasn't picky as long as the male was strong and offered her healthy off spring. It wasn't like he was going to help her with raising cubs. "Just passing if this is your turf," she pointed out, guarded for if the female was going to attack. Forsyth often went the avoidance mode as the wanted to preserve her body in a healthy shape to bare strong cubs.
18 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman slowed at the warning hiss, starting to stalk around the other with a low grumble of distaste.
"What are you looking for, hm? A male?"
She smelt him on her, faintly, but his presence had been there. Had they coupled? The thought urged her to shred the other, to ensure that her own spawn would have the best chances. The run of the lands. Her gaze narrowed, honing on the female and stopped, ready to launch herself at the other.

"I plan on making this my land, yes. This and the forest below." She tilted her chin up slightly. Why shouldn't she have a large territory if there was a lack of competition? It would only prove useful to her at a later date. The fired woman took a step forward, fur bristling and tail lashing the air. She wouldn't tolerate seeing the female here again.
25 Posts
Ooc —
Was this woman stupid? Of course she was. Forsyth bared her teeth in warning when the female was stalking closer. She was not comfortable with the other's presence being so close. The female did slowly lift her head more. "Yes," she confirmed, there was no point in lying as the smell of the other was still on her fur. "However, I would have liked more choice," she admitted to the female, wondering if she had the same struggle to find males. By her scent it was clear she had not been with a male recently at least. Then again, Forsyth had no problem sharing a male as long as he was strong, healthy and would give her cubs. She didn't care if he bedded other females.

"Good to know," the female offered. "You marks are not very strong," she commented, not to insult her but she wouldn't have wandered here if her marks had been stronger. She had not decided where she would live and what territory she preferred. She enjoyed the mountains, but the kills were harder there. Mountain Goat could get really boring. But the plains contained extremely small or extremely big prey, both very unpleasant. She flickered her tail. "Have you been in these lands long?" She was curious what this female's opinion was about these lands. She had been here recent and was not sure if she was pleased by the lack of her kind, then again it would give her the opportunity to get a large territory all to herself.
18 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman stopped, easily within pouncing distance from the female. From her words, the one male they'd encountered seemed to not be the best. Shit. Perhaps starting a family this year would not prove well for her. It may prove wise to start marking a stronger border before mating anyway. Especially if her claim would attract a better male than the disappointing wrench this female seemed to have found.

The woman merely sneered at the other, "I have not been here very long. I traveled long and I am only now marking my claim." Her eyes glistened in the silvered winter light, staring down the other female. Her tail lashed the air again.
"How long have you been here, hm?"
25 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed the female's story was much like her own. Interesting. So this female also traveled here to find a male and have cubs. In a way she was competition but the female didn't see the other as one. She seemed inexperienced at least to Forsyth she felt that way. Maybe it was because the female was so hotheaded.

"Same story as you," she shrugged indifferently. "The male that fathered my cubs vanished. I think he died so I went to look for a new and younger model to breed me," she stated. She flickered her tail slowly. She really wanted cubs again. "I find it curious that there aren't so many cougars here," she commented then.
18 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman snorted, lowering her body into a crouch; defensive yet ready to become offensive. Should the tables turn. She knew the fathers didn't stick around, and why should they? They're big and clumsy and they encroach on the land that one had so painstakingly worked to uphold.
Pfft. Men.
The feline rolled her eyes,  "Why would they stay? Males have no part in rearing the cubs and just take up space."  Harsh, but in her eyes she was right. The woman then laughed, low and soft.
Like the crackle of electricity in the air before a strike of lightning.

"Do you know how many packs are here? Those wolves take up every nook and niche it's no wonder there are so few of us." The woman stood, finished with talking to the other that seemed so weak. So nieve.
"Get off my territory."
Cold words to match a cold heart and stone mindset. Lischo didn't care, she wanted to be rid of the infuriating thing that was before her.
25 Posts
Ooc —
Forsyth knew that males didn't stick around but this male had his own territory and she would visit him when she wanted cubs. But clearly this female didn't understand that. She rolled her eyes. Instantly Forsyth realized why she was a solitary animal. She was not interested in conversing with this female anymore. The female snorted when the other female spoke of wolf packs. However, it made her realize something, knowing that the male she met was a strong male to survive.

The female then order her out of 'her' territory. Forsyth didn't even feel like it was hers to claim but she also didn't feel the need to fight for it. The female scented barren with no scent of male on her. She quirked up her lip. Without saying goodbye she turned, making sure to keep the female in her vision in case she wanted to attack. With that the female vanished.

- Forsythe Exit -