Lost Creek Hollow what'd i miss?
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Private 
Cold, winter winds buffeted the forest. Although, unlike their former mountain-side home, the woods mostly protected the wolves of Lost Creek Hollow. Rannoch had not taken the time before his assault to explore their new home in depth. There was still so much for him to discover, and he intended to do just this as he continued to recover. Despite the mild strain on his right shoulder, Rannoch slowly weaved through the blanketed forest. He figured that he would eventually run into somebody familiar. But, for now, he was content to wander alone. 

Rannoch couldn't help but wonder, "How did we get so lucky?" Lost Creek Hollow was paradise—or at least, that was what he believed.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the day that rannoch's scent had started making it past his den was the day that terance finally felt at ease. his friend had been missed in all aspects-- and terance was relieved that he was back. 

today, when he spotted the man in the woods terance's tail wagged furiously, and he gave a loud bark to catch his friends attention. "does liffey know you're out?" he called out, quirking a brow that suggested 'ur wife controls ur life' but in a fun, friendly way! and then he padded over and gave rannoch an affectionate nudge to the shoulder-- but a careful one. "how are you feeling?" he then asked, slipping into a more characteristic concern.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch couldn't help but laugh at Terance's question. "No, she doesn't," he mused, "You can't let her know that I'm out, either—I'll be in so much trouble, dude." Although Rannoch feigned fear, he knew he'd be in trouble if Liffey knew that he was out and about. 

"A lot better, actually," Rannoch replied. He nudged his friend's nape affectionately and smiled as he withdrew. "Still not as fast as I used to be but, I figure that I'll get better in time." 

Rannoch gave Terance a once-over and then asked, "How are you feeling? The Guardian's mental health had always been a concern, and with his new responsibilities Rannoch couldn't help but wonder how Terance was faring.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance chuffed as his friend mentioned liffey didn't know, and that he'd be in big trouble if she found out. "i never saw you," played terance, who's tail wagged happily. he was glad he was out, and as rannoch said he was feeling better terance felt even happier-- and more relieved. "i'm sure you will-- it's like when i was injured at moonspear," terance added, remembering his own run-in with a bear rather unfondly. he didn't mention his own shoulder, which hadn't ever truly healed. 

when rannoch flipped the conversation on him terance felt a little surprised. he was not the center of attention right now. terance shook his head. "i've been well, rannoch," he said, ears cupped forwards, "a little stressed-- but all is well."  and all was well-- relatively. terance had learned, at least, to handle his grief in a healthy manner... rather than just moping and yelling. it was progress well made. "treason makes a good counselor, shockingly," he added with a quirk of his brow, "and a good deputy."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Phew, thanks, dude," he replied.

Rannoch remembered when Terance had been injured, and he nodded. "I sure hope so," he said, "I need to be able to play with the kids. I don't want to not be able to keep up with them." Rannoch's expression grew sad; he didn't want to think about not being able to keep up.  

Rannoch nodded at Terance's update. It seemed as though the pack was faring well in his absence, and he was thankful for Terance and Treason. "You guys are doing a good job," he remarked fondly. "It seems like Treason was the right choice."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance noted the change in expression and tried to pick it back up. "are you gonna have more this season?" he asked, a little hopefully. as much as terance wanted his own kids, he liked being around for rannoch's. he was a cool uncle, he thought. besides, if he and treason actually went through on their little deal, there'd be a whole hoard of children. again. 

he dipped his head. "just keeping up what you've been doin," terance said with a wave of his tail. and then, with a snort, he quipped, "treason would let us know if she was the wrong choice." it was kind of a bad joke, but terance wasn't known for his comedic values.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"If you'll allow us to," Rannoch replied quickly; he knew he wasn't a leader anymore. "Of course, you and Treason are a priority for breeding, as the leaders," he elaborated. "But, it would mean the world to Liffey and I if we were able to." 

Rannoch nodded in reply to Terance's advice. "I will," he promised. His expression shifted at the joke, and he smiled. "You're right about that," Rannoch mused. Treason was the first one to speak up whenever something was amiss.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hah! terance snorted as rannoch so graciously asked permission. as if terance had ever been able to tell rannoch no to anything in his whole life. "this pack is as much yours as it is mine-- of course, rannoch," he said, leaning to nudge his friend. he hadn't asked treason if she was down with this but... whatever. he was the leader, afterall. treason just, also called a lot of shots. terance mentioned nothing of his deal with treason. that was far down the line.

rannoch misheard what he said but terance didn't bother correcting him because what ran thought he said applied anyway. terance tried to think of more things to tell rannoch, what had happened that he could share? ugh, he couldn't think of anything. "did i tell you about the yule?" terance asked, ears pricking. he was pretty sure he hadn't.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"But it isn't," Rannoch replied. "At least, it hasn't been for a while," he elaborated, his voice softer, "I've been so out of the loop with everything—Hyacinth's death, Wisteria missing... I've got to earn my place again." At least, that was how Rannoch felt about it. He shook himself suddenly; Rannoch realized that he yet to even acknowledge the permission that they had been granted. "But, seriously dude, thank you," Rannoch replied with a smile. "It means the world to us."

The mention of Yule caused Rannoch to shake his head. "What happened?" he prompted.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"it's been a lot," agreed terance, who now didn't even want to tell rannoch about the yule. cause it was just more bad news. bad? well, more like news. "but it's still yours." that was all the advice terance could manage... it really wasn't his thing. 

"not much," he admitted in a bold-faced lie, "i think seabreeze and olive are mated -- ibis and okeanos are well." and yep. that was it. all that went down. he shrugged. "it was a nice break, i'm glad i got to see them all."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Are you sure?" Rannoch asked, obviously taken aback by Terance's statement. "I mean, I want to as soon as I can but, I don't want to seem like my re-promotion is undeserved." After all, he had done nothing but lay around for the past two months. 

Terance then went on to fill him in on what had occurred during Yule; he wished that he could have went. The news of Olive and Seabreeze's courtship was unexpected, and although Rannoch had a lot of questions, he kept them to himself. "That's great," he replied, happy to hear that Ibis and Okeanos were doing well. "Do you think they'll come to visit now that they're older?" he wondered.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"rannoch," Terance said with a frown, a bit sterner, "do you want me to say no?" of course, terance never would. like, seriously? he couldn't. his frown was short lived, replaced again by a smile. "of course, you and liffey are welcome to pups if you want them," he said, and then with a quirk of his brow added, "and that's final." 

terance then shrugged. "i hope?" he said in a little question, as if he hoped they would but was unsure that they'd want to. they knew where to find him now, maybe. he wasn't that great a scout -- maybe both his offspring had been fortunate enough to pick that up. whoops. whatever, maybe they'd find him. "all was good," he reiterated with a smile, pretty sure of his answer. for a few reasons.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch had not expected Terance's response, and he shook his head in reply. "No, not at all," he returned, his voice sheepish. "We'd very much like to have more kids," he elaborated, "And appreciate the opportunity to do so." Rannoch smiled as Terance did, his tail wagging. "Thanks, T." 

There was uncertainty in the way that the black-furred male replied, and instantly he understood; there was no way to predict whether or not Ibis and Okeanos would visit. "I hope so too," he replied. "I feel like I probably won't recognize them at this point—they must almost be at their full height?" he asked.

When he was informed that Yule had been good, Rannoch smiled. "I'll have to make a visit out there," he decided; Tarot hadn't supported his attendance at the celebration. "And, perhaps, if it hasn't been discussed already, we may want to consider making them an official ally of ours," Rannoch did not harbor ill feelings towards Olive and Seabreeze, "That is... if you'll allow it. I see no harm in it but, you might have a different opinion."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"of course, ran," replied terance, lighter now, pressing his forehead to his friend's shoulder, glad he'd stopped reiterating his worries about not contributing and... what not. terance understood, he did, but he hoped ran knew that he did. and then he smiled, albeit sadly, and nodded. "just about -- if not.. ibis is half okeanos' size," he said with a swell of pride, a little bittersweetly, "okeanos is my son." which was clear to see, the boy was lanky and young -- but roughly his size. 

he frowned then, not expecting the question. but it was not a disapproving frown, mind you, just a bit caught of guard -- a thoughtful frown. "they're a little far off to be valuable allies," terance admitted with a flick of his tail, "but if that's what you want i won't stop you. we're civil." referring to him and seabreeze, of course, he couldn't speak for olive.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"They're both yours," Rannoch reminded Terance, his voice heartening, "And they'll make you proud, I'm sure." 

He watched his friend closely as the alliance was considered and soon, he was granted permission. "I agree," Rannoch replied; Elysium was a few days worth of travel away. "But, I would much rather be on good terms with the packs we are in contact with—even those farther away." He was aware of how quickly word spread around the Teekon Wilds.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ah, but ibis looked so much like her mother... 

terance didn't comment, but he sent a warm smile rannoch's way. they were both his, even if they chose to live so far away. 

"that's just fine," said terance, a little idly now as the conversation had taken a turn he hadn't expected or necessarily wanted. there was nothing to be done, rannoch would probably make the alliance either way. not that rannoch would step all over him but... well. the only reason not to make an alliance was that terance and seabreeze had history. and if that was truly a good enough reason was not entirely seeable to terance. "alright," said the brute then, "i'm gonna head back out... take it easy, alright? it's good to see you out." he gave his friend another warm smile, offering a nudge to the shoulder. and then the two parted, back on their way.