Silver Creek google your own death
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Bat badgered @Tegan to come with her this time but he pretended to have four broken legs today and the youth quit his audience with an affectionate snort and trotted solo toward the plateau's fringes. She would go south today, following the river coursing in that direction.

The snow still fascinated her, though she was less enthused about the frosty temperature and the windchill. A toothy wind whipped along the riverbank, prompting Bat to burst into a gallop to keep herself warm. She sought cover, entering a wood with threadbare foliage.

She stopped and drew up when she caught the scent of several wolves. Was there a pack nearby? Should she try her luck again so soon? Bat licked her lips and glanced around as if the answer to her question would physically materialize.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah had gotten away with a crime Scott free, thanks to Emerson's kindness. She wouldn't travel outside of the territory again without being accompanied by a man, even though the squeaks, rustles, chirps, and shrieks of prey beckoned her to do so. To distract herself she ran around the territory, getting in the exercise she needed to keep her small, feminine body just the right amount of curvy. She chose to run alongside the Creek, the chilly air making her run harder to stay warm. Suddenly up ahead of her she spotted an unfamiliar face, a dark furred female with greys and a bit of whitish chalky color mixed in. She was exotic looking with the biggest ears she'd ever seen and the first thing to come to mind was She's adorable! though she thankfully didn't voice this out loud. 

Assuming she was new to Rosings Lilah trotted right up, wagging in a friendly fashion until the breeze blew the female's scent to her and made it extremely evident that she was not a Rosings girl. Her tail drooped instantly and she halted her approach, looking immediately wary and slightly frightened. "Hello miss...um...how can I help you?" she asked less than eloquently. She tossed a glance over her shoulder and sighed, knowing what she was supposed to do. She tossed a call up for @Grayson or @Harrison, adding one in for @Emerson hoping that the kind female was the Odolf to show up. Then she tossed the stranger an apologetic look "We won't hurt you, I just have to follow rules and call for a superior" she explained before the girl could dart away.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
As it turned out, an answer did magically appear in the form of a she-wolf. Bat licked her lips as the stranger came closer, her eyes widening at the sight of the brightest shade of purple she'd ever seen. She wanted to keep staring but knew she should drop her gaze. Reluctantly, she did so, though her attention jerked upward in some surprise when the she-wolf immediately called for not one but three backups.

"Uh," Bat said, taking a step backward as alarm bells clamored in her head. The stranger apologized and explained, but it didn't put the youngster at ease. One or two wolves, she could handle. But four? And though she had the prettiest eyes Bat had ever seen, that didn't mean the she-wolf was trustworthy.

"I was just curious," she said, immediately scrapping any plans to try her luck with infiltration here. "But I should probably go." Bat began to turn away.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Annnnd shoot. She had scared the girl away. She tried to figure out a way to get her to stay, wanting to learn about why she had entered the Creek. She was pretty sure all their scents had probably been strong enough around the borders to say they were here. "Wait! I can answer your questions. We can. I think. I promise we won't hurt you, ladies definitely won't be harmed around here." she hoped that what she said would be interesting  and genuinegenuine to grab the girls attention.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
The stranger shouted for her to, "Wait!" Bat froze but didn't turn back, big ears bending to catch her words. She didn't answer, though she finished her pivot and strode several yards away before making a quick about-face and staring back at the she-wolf from a distance that felt a little safer.

Despite her instinctive cautiousness, Bat was intrigued by the woman's words. She'd already mentioned superiors, now she made an interesting comment about ladies. "I ain't no lady," the teenager mumbled under her breath. Louder, she said, "Who are you guys? Are you a pack?"
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah felt a surge of disappointment when the girl didn't stop, almost giving up and turning away herself before she saw her slowly stop, turn and murmur something she didn't catch. She did pick up the second bit and she wagged slowly, sitting down "Rosings. We haven't exactly settled yet, my leader Grayson is trying to figure out what he wants to do. We have a bunch of followers though and the plan is to settle here." she spoke freely, stupid girl that she was. "We won't be any trouble so long as nobody trespasses or tries to steal. We like to keep to ourselves, I promise" she spoke in a gentle tone. "I'm Lilah. What's your name? Can I ask where you are from, you clearly have a pack" she asked with genuine curiosity, eyes focused on the girls face.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
She offered up the information rather readily and Bat filed it away: Pack name: Rosings. Leader's name: Grayson. She would relay these findings to Tegan, as well as the Redhawks' leadership, upon her return. They sounded like a rather standard pack in the midst of establishing themselves, though Bat still wondered about "superiors" and "ladies."

"I'm—" What fake name did she want to give today? If she kept using new ones, she was going to lose track of them and surely get caught up in her own lie someday. "—Apple. And 'clearly'? How do you figure? Maybe I'm a loner looking for a home."
78 Posts
Ooc —
The call had sounded and he thought to ignore it, at least for a short while. He'd been in the midst of a good hunt in which a family of hares had abandoned their warren. He'd followed them for a short while when he'd heard her voice fill the air. It was then that he was overcome with a looming sense of laziness. After deliberation, Harrison had turned toward her call and set off at a steady lope. It didn't take him long to reach her and the shape of a young lady. He thought it odd that one so young had found them. When he closed the space between them, he issued a chuff and barely caught the tail end of their conversation. Only then did the snake catch the scent of multiple other wolves on the stranger. 

Well, I'd say it's because you smell like a heap of other wolves, kid, he remarked in a perfectly condescending tone. His eyes roamed the girl for a moment before he smirked. The expression looked like it suited him naturally. It was then that the charmer quirked a brow and canted his head to the side. There was a flash of curiosity on his face for only a moment. What brings a young thing like you to our step?
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The girl hesitated on giving her name and a flicked of suspicion rose up in Lilah's gaze. Who took so long giving their own name? And such an odd one too, Apple. Nothing about the girl spoke of apples. Maybe bats, cuz of the big ears and black... everything. She gave a doubtful hum and was about to speak when Harrison showed up. Immediately the sense of intimidation came over her along with the usual appreciation of his form. He was just as good looking at Grayson if not a bit more so in ways. Her ears and tail dropped slightly and she skittered back, so he was at the forefront of the interaction. She looked at him silently, a sort of wide eyed look of a flustered girl that she prayed nobody noticed before she corrected herself and nodded at his observation "You smell strongly of others. Lots of them. Like you are consistently near them." she said and realised she hadn't greeted Harrison properly. "Hello Harrison, sorry to interrupt whatever you were doing" she said with a small smile, tail wagging behind her slowly.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Before Lilah could explain, another wolf materialized, a male with fair features and effervescent eyes. Bat double-checked her posture—perfectly neutral and respectful—even as her muscles stiffened. If she had been reconsidering trying her luck here, the male's arrival dashed the idea once and for all... particularly when the scene unfolded almost exactly like the one with Cry and Phex. It all gave her some intense and unpleasant déjà vu.

They both pointed out that she smelled of other wolves. Bat blinked, barely resisting the temptation to put her nose to her own shoulder. Perhaps she should work harder on disguising her scent during such approaches, although to be fair, she hadn't come here with any sly intent. And she never would've realized that she bore such a clear hallmark if it hadn't been pointed out to her twice over. Ya' live, ya' learn, I guess? the youth thought to herself with a mental shrug.

Pbbbt, was her next thought, in response to being called a "kid" and "a young thing." It struck her as pretty patronizing, especially considering she was practically an adult (at least Bat thought so). In that moment, Bat decided she liked these wolves no more than she'd liked Cry and Phex, the mind readers. But she was careful not to show it, despite a strong urge to blatantly wrinkle her nose at this Harrison guy.

"I'm a scout, so I was just meandering when I thought I smelled a pack," the teenager replied, rolling a shoulder in an actual shrug. She didn't bring up her apparently obvious pack membership again, neither acknowledging nor denying their allegations. "I wasn't wrong. Well," she continued, telegraphing an intent to turn again and disembark, "I didn't mean to bug y'all. Thanks for the info. Peace!"
78 Posts
Ooc —
well, all of that seemed to fade away to nothing in a matter of moments. it seemed the younger girl wasn't interested in what they had going on. truth be told, harrison wasn't sure how much she'd been told about their whole ordeal, but he imagined that there were some out there who simply didn't understand the way the world needed to work. either way, he wasn't too upset that she had decided to scurry away. he thought that both himself and lilah had better things to do than to chit chat around the edges of their intended claim.

once the stranger scurried away, the snake watched her until her figure faded from sight and he was left beside the familiarity of one of their own. he turned his head toward her and offered a smirk and a bit of a shrug, as though he was trying to brush off the encounter and make it less than it was. “she was an odd one, huh?” he remarked in an offhand tone. then, the pale light of his eyes searched the features of lilah's face and he waited to see what she might have to say about their strange little visitor.

the biggest difference was that bat understood that harrison was a patronizing bag of tools. he had made every effort to convey that kids weren't really part of what they were interested in. if she had come from one of their own, it would have been a different story. as it was, she was a stranger to them and she did not seem to be of that much prospect, when he compared what they would be offering to bring someone into their fold. it was probably for the best that she had scurried out of there; she was dodging a bullet.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah found that she didn't really like the girl like she liked some of the women here. There was something weird about the attitude she held, she acted so skittish like they freaked her out and she wanted to leave, yet she seemed so confident. Then again if Lilah had stumbled onto a pack of settling wolves she supposed she may have been a bit afraid too. Even so she was sort of sad to see the girl hurry off so quickly, she was curious about the outside life though sbe had no interest in ever joining it. The girl had been from a different pack, Lilah wished she had been able to learn about them first.

After Apple had disappeared she turned to Harrison in time to catch his smirk and shrug. She felt her lips quirk up "It was weird...she hesitated on her name. Like she wasn't sure what it was? I wonder if she's...you know....stable in the mind?" she said ducking her head as she spoke shyly, her fur heating up again. What she liked about Harrison was his easy going, casual way of things. She also found it amazing how where Grayson spoke so briskly to her like he wanted things over, Harrison actually focused and spoke to her like he didn't mind it every now and then. "She was too young anyway....she probably couldn't bear pups for a few months at the least. I'm sure once we're settled Grayson will be pairing us up and then..." she trailed off and flattened her ears back. Had she seriously almost started talking about making pups with Harrison?
78 Posts
Ooc —
when lilah mentioned that their visitor had hesitated when offering her own name, the charmer felt himself grow increasingly suspicious. his gaze turned back to where the girl had disappeared as if he could discern something from her departure. a thoughtful frown creased his features and he allowed the information to settle in his mind for several long moments before he finally shrugged his shoulders and turned back to lilah. she had mentioned the prospect of who grayson would be pairing up, or when he would make such grand decisions. harrison thought it to be an important discussion, knowing that it pertained to the pack's future.

“yes,” he agreed with a swift smile and a slight nod of his skull. then, the snake peered down the length of his muzzle at her and offered a wink. “any fella you're hoping to be latched to?” harrison inquired under his breath. there was a chance that the question would make her uncomfortable, but he didn't much care about all that. he was really interested in knowing if lilah had developed a crush on anyone in their group. surely, women were fond of men and it was more likely than not that she had hopes for being matched with someone in particular.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
If she had been embarrassed before, hoo boy she definitely was now. A small gasp left her maw and she stared into his eyes, her own lavender gaze shooting over every inch of his face. She took in that damned smirk and lifted her gaze again to catch his wink before he asked the one question she had never wanted any man to ask her. Especially not Harrison when she was nearly one hundred percent sure she would be more than happy to be paired with him. It was more like ninety nine percent sure, the one percent missing due to the fact that she was almost certain she annoyed him just as much as she was sure she annoyed Grayson. She shivered and licked her lips nervously, immediately tearing her gaze away from his face and slowly backing up a step. Her tail tucked between her legs but danced nervous, excited patterns against her belly. God it thrilled her to be so close to confessing how she felt. What would he do if he knew? Would he tease her, flirt, use that devilish smirk that heated her body in places she had never been touched before to try and make her like him more? the thought made her breath quicken. But what if he laughed at her and told her she was a fool for even allowing the fantasy that she'd ever get an Odolf? That thought was a bucket of ice cold water thrown over her and she panicked "N..No. I mean yes but...I...I'm scared to tell Harrison...Please don't ask me that" she murmured, refusing to look at him.
78 Posts
Ooc —
it was almost thrilling to watch the girl grow so timid after his question had been asked. the snake watched her with a single squinted eye and a quirked brow as she fumbled for a way to respond. it seemed as though he had found a nerve there, but that hadn't been too surprising. her stammering was met with a joyous smile that stretched along his dark lips and crinkled the corners of his eyes. harrison tossing his head back and laughed softly at the response that he had been given. inwardly, he felt his ego swell and his pride clamber higher than it had ever been before. it had been a sign that he was doing what he needed to.

“oh, don't get flustered now,” he assured her, moving to bump against her shoulder with his own. the wide grin faded from his features and he replaced it with the standard harrison-smirk. “secrets are always more fun when they're told,” the pale snake then added. the gleam in his pale gaze was latched to her own features and he held it there for a moment too long before pulling away and motioning for them to walk back into the territory.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her eyes flew open wide, flicking around his face nervously as he laughed at her obviously flustered manner. She flicked her ears back, keeping them halfway pinned back as she let out a nervous peal of laughter though her gaze dropped down to the ground beneath her paws. She had absolutely no idea whether or not the laughter and grin was a bad thing or not and if he was laughing at her, the silly little girl who who was clumsy and while she had a body and was pretty was definitely nowhere near as beautiful as the other women. Then he bumped her shoulder as if they were pals and she felt a flutter in her chest, a hesitant smile forming on her maw. He seemed to want to know but she had the feeling that if he did know, he would wish he hadn't pushed it. Then again she was never very good at hiding her feelings so she wouldn't be surprised if he knew. Maybe that was why he was laughing at the way she got instantly flustered! "Well...okay I suppose.." she said and slowly followed after him to walk back to the territory with him. "So if the way I acted a few moments ago wasn't a hint enough...I obviously find you very appealing. It's obvious I have affection for Grayson as well. It's.....a silly thing I know. I am nowhere near as refined and beautiful as anyone else. I don't expect to be chosen as an Odolf's wife so don't...think i'm stupid" she started off in a gentle tone, staring at the path ahead while she dove right into it and then began to nervously babble a bit before she shut herself up. "I can't help who I like....please don't make fun of me Harrison" she asked shooting him a pleading look, a sort of sadness in her eyes showing she knew. She did know how he liked his games, he could be mean sometimes with his teasing.
78 Posts
Ooc —
of course she found him appealing. the snake wasn't a complete fool; he could tell when women thought that his charms were precisely what they were looking for in a mate. still, he would not have been very good at his boyish games if he gave away all of what he knew. so, when the girl admitted that she found him appealing, harrison dropped his jaw in a small gape and drew his brows upward above his pale champagne gaze. after holding this facial expression for a moment, the snake allowed a smile to erupt across his dark lips and he drew his crown upward.

“well, that's just shocking lilah,” he told her with a small chuckle. then, the charmer softened his expression as much as he could without deflating his ago. it came almost as a second nature to him to move a step closer to the girl and lower his head so that he could peer at her colorful gaze. “and you should know that you're plenty beautiful. whoever you end up getting paired with will be so lucky to have someone like you at their side,” harrison offered. his tone changed – his voice had softened – and he lingered there for a moment too long before he pulled himself away and breathed a deep sigh.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah may be naive and innocent but that didn't mean she was stupid. She narrowed her eyes slightly and gave him a stern sort of smile that said she knew that he truly wasn't surprised, he knew he was attractive. Any woman who didn't find him at least physically appealing was an idiot in Lilah's opinion but she found all of him attractive. Odolf men always seemed to have a sort of arrogance and pride that many could find unnatractive and rude but Lilah had spent most of her life learning that they didn't really intend to be assholes, it was how they were raised. They truly were their egos and every one of them also had so much good. Grayson was good in the way that he would always, always make sure a woman was taken care of so long as she did her job too. Grayson was charming and protective. Harrison however....well he had his humor, his charm and while maybe she didn't think he would go to great lengths to protect them she knew that he had a heart, he could be sweet. He proved her right by disagreeing with her and stating that she was beautiful, soothing her by saying the man she would get would be lucky to have her.

The moment their eyes met her breath caught and she felt her heartbeat against her chest, eyelids fluttering a bit as she fought the urge to lower her gaze away from his keen golden ones. Instead for the first time in her life she was brave, she held his gaze and again for the first time leaned in, brushing her nose quickly against the soft fur of his jawline. She closed her eyes as she paused there briefly, just for a second before pulling back and placing a smile on her maw. There was a teasing look to her eyes now "Harrison Odolf has a heart? I do believe you are the full package of a desirable man" she teased him as she continued to walk onward.
78 Posts
Ooc —
of course, he wasn’t surprised. harrison knew that he was an ideal figure to have, and that there would be plenty of women who would be hungering after him once they got settled into the pack. he could feign his responses to lilah until his face turned purple, but he did not lack the self-assuredness that most did. there was a confident light inside of him that would never fade, and that was just a fact. it had been implanted in him since he’d been born and would remain with him until the day that he died. even then, he was almost certain that his death would not diminish his capabilities as a man.

when lilah made a comment about him being a full package of a desirable man, harrison turned to her and winked sharply. the snake allowed his smile to stretch as he drew his chest out and made himself stand tall at her side. “don’t you forget it, either,” he teased with a chuckle. even if she could, harrison wasn’t likely to let her. he wanted them all to know just how good he was. grayson had the plans and the leadership, but harrison wanted them to love him, and he would do anything to obtain that.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Instead of giggling this time Lilah full out laughed and while it was still feminine, the loud sound of it echoed and wasn't too ladylike. She immediately snapped her jaws shut and like always, shyly ducked her head her ears pinning back for a moment as she snuck a glance at him. For the first time in what may have been ever she pushed her shyness down and gave a hesitant, unsure smile her eyes gleaming with nervous playfulness "Like I could ever forget such a handsome, confident man." she said her tone a playful version of "whaddya think i am, stupid?".
78 Posts
Ooc —
damn right, girl. man, it really felt good to have someone who was able to boost his ego. it wasn't that he needed it – at all – but he certainly felt like he did a lot of work around there without reaping any of the rewards. he wasn't even sure if grayson remembered who he was half the time. lilah, no matter how desperate she was, was really good at fitting into those wifely duties. harrison imagined that she would make her husband feel right at home when she was matched with one. “you want to go with this handsome, confident man to patrol the borders?” the snake inquired to her with a cocking of his eyebrow.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Sometimes she wished she could hear the thoughts of men, that way she could understand what she needed to do for them better. If she could have heard Harrison's thoughts she probably would have been touched and tried to help him with the sibling rivalry that seemed to be happening there. But she couldn't so instead she nodded politely to accept the offer to patrol with Harrison, who she was finding that she liked to be around more and more every time they happened upon one another.

We can archive here or you can post again, whatever you want!