Sun Mote Copse to the sun
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
All welcome!

Along with Wildfire and Kiwi (probably?), Sequoia had departed the Redhawks. Unlike her departure from Drageda, it wasn't met with any of the hostility, and she was reminded of Wraen. That was the wolf that had taught her leaving wasn't always a bad thing. Even though Buckshot had left, she didn't hate him for it. She missed his company, but being angry with him would never solve anything, nor would it solve anything to make him her enemy. Besides, hadn't Thur left and promised to return? That was what she had done, and she had been welcomed back with ease (or so Seq suspected, considering she hadn't arrived by the time the trio had left the cliffs).

Since their arrival here, Sequoia had been hard at work trying to help out where she could. She spent most of her time roaming around the outer edges keeping an eye out for any potential recruits. After all, she was gunning for more ambassador skills. What better way to prove herself than to help recruit for their brand new pack?!
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
How did I NOT see this sooner?!

Patrolling had never been something Fluke had excelled at; as part of a nomadic pack, there hadn't been a border to patrol, only a small amount of space to guard if there were pups among them- and he'd been too young and inexperienced the previous year to have been much good as a guard, so instead he'd mostly just been an emotional support to the females of the pack...They were the only ones who seemed to like him, anyway, so he hadn't minded spending time with them as the prepared to give birth, and afterwards, when they needed someone reliable to watch the kids as they went out to hunt. Now, though, he didn't have anyone who needed company or support- but a pack that needed to have its borders reinforced, and with so few wolves to do that, it meant he had to put in double the effort. For Fluke, though, finding the will to be helpful was no problem. But the cardio was kicking his ass. 

He happened to be going in the opposite direction of Sequoia, though, and paused when he saw the piebald female coming toward him. For a moment, he feared he might have to intervene and stop the pretty young wolf from trespassing- but it became very obvious within a few seconds of watching her that she to was patrolling. This had to be one of Wildfire's kids- even though she looked nothing like her mother. She was fairly tall and slender- probably younger than him though it was hard to tell. Her coat was something of a novelty for him to see, so he admired her for a moment or two, but easily plucked up the courage to go and greet her. With someone younger than him, it was always easier. He wasn't nearly as intimidated by younger women as he was by older ones- though Wildfire had seemingly been an exception, as she'd made him feel at home right away. 

As he got closer, he caught sight of one eye- and then the other, and he fawned over her heterochromia silently, though his eyes brightened and he smiled, a cheeky but kindly smile that made the laugh lines about his eyes crease. Though he couldn't see the exact shade of her eyes, he was able to see the contrast in shade, enough to know that they were different hues and that it wasn't just a trick of the light.  "I've never seen anyone that looks anything like you before," He said, his tone clearly indicating that he was in awe. "You must be one of Wildfire's daughters? Kiwi or Sequoia?" He asked, hoping he was right.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She noticed the other wolf right about the same time he noticed her, and Sequoia wagged her tail in a friendly manner. Like Wildfire, she had no intentions of being aggressive toward those who were here. Little did she know that her mentor had already met and recruited this wolf. When he spoke, though, she quickly realized the older ambassador had beat her to it. Sequoia, yep! she confirmed with a wag of her tail. He smelled of lavender. Not like the flower, but like the color.

I guess that means you met Wildfire already. Are you gonna stay here? she asked, not bothering to get into the specifics about how her second mother had recruited him or why. She trusted Wifi's judgement through-and-through.
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
So this was Sequoia; from what he knew, sequoias were extremely large trees, coniferous, that towered over almost all others- he'd seen some North of here, along the coast between the mountains and the ocean, and they were certainly something to admire. For the Sequoia in front of him, he imagined that it might've been given to her as a token to show the strength she would have some day- not necessarily just in size, but in spirit. Otherwise, he might have likened her to something more flowery- like a magnolia, especially with her coat being a patchwork of white and brown. But while sequoias grew continuously, and never seemed to falter in their beauty, magnolias- or the ones he'd seen at least- were only really beautiful once a year, and only if the conditions were exactly right. So perhaps Sequoia suited her better; metaphorically, it definitely had a better meaning to it. 

Gingerly, he reached out to touch his nose to hers, to greet her and get her scent. This close, he could clearly see- albeit just with his peripheral vision- that her eyes were definitely, 100% two different shades. For Fluke, though, he had no idea what colour was, but he certainly could tell bright shades from dark ones, and her right eye seemed just a bit darker than the left one. He nodded as he pulled back, features brightening at the mention of Wifi's name. "Yep! I met Wifi while she was out setting up the borders, and she invited me to join you guys. I'm not much of a guardian, but I'm just doing what I can," He said, his words smacking of his eternal, positive attitude. "I'm Fluke; 'Finbar Finchley' officially, but I tend to go by Fluke." He said, almost proudly. 

He looked over his shoulder at the way he'd come, and then past her. "Looks like we've got at least this end of the borders done right," He said. "Do you wanna check out the internal territories? See if we can find anything interesting for like...A meeting place, or something like that?" He said, having not spent much time exploring the heart of the forest just yet.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Fluke Finbar Finchley. What a name! she said, wagging her tail. Her own name was a single word, although she did use the Drakru surname from time to time. It sounded as though he was indeed one of Wildfire's recruits, and Sequoia did a "shucks!" internally for not being the first one to recruit a new member. Oh well!

He offered to help her explore the interior, and she responded with an eager nod of her head. Ooo, that sounds good! With her usual bounce in her step, Sequoia began to make her way closer to the inland territory. Already, her brain was bubbling questions up from who knows where. Where did you come from before here? she asked.
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
Fluke shrugged, eyes sparkling as she admired his name- whether because it was funny, because of the alliteration or because of its length he didn't know, but it was a bit odd sounding when he thought about it. "I used to have random strokes of good luck...So they called me Fluke." He admitted. It was a way that his former packmates had been able to reason his survival- as they'd thought him soft and incompetent, and had given him the name more out of spite than anything. He, however, had liked it, and had taken it as a compliment. It wasn't a bad thing, being lucky! 

He turned when she accepted his proposal that they explore their pack's new territory, and began to lead the way with her at his side. Like most others, she seemed curious about his backstory. "I'm from a pretty nomadic pack, so I guess I'm from a bit of everywhere," he said. "But I'm pretty done with wandering all the time; I've always wanted to have a real home." He said. "What about you? Did you live with the Redhawks?"
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She kept up with his stride, shoulder to shoulder. She was reminded of Buckshot for a moment, even though Fluke looked nor sounded anything like her friend who had said goodbye. He talked about being a wanderer, which immediately reminded Sequoia of Wraen. Maybe the two could swap tales about all the strange and interesting packs they had encountered throughout their respective journeys! Sequoia liked that idea.

Naw, she said, I grew up in Drageda. That's where Wildfire used to live. Kiwi and Bat, too. The cliffs would always hold a special place in her heart for being the first place she had lived, but the girl was learning to let go of places. She did eventually plan to travel back there, mostly out of curiosity, but she wasn't sure that she should. Her coat pattern was terribly unique, and after hearing what Artaax had said, it didn't sound like Drageda liked any of them very much.
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
Fluke was surprised to hear that Sequoia wasn't from the Redhawks. From what he'd heard, Wildfire and Kiwi had come from the Redhawks, but perhaps he had his details mixed up. "Oh!" He said. "That sounds kind of like a cool name; is it very far away?" He asked. There was something so much more simple about the names of the Redhawks and the Firebirds- but something like Drageda sounded so much more exotic to him. There was a sort of lilt to the way she pronounced it too that interested him, though Fluke wasn't exactly the sort to have a great grasp of other languages or accents. His crew hadn't been big on talking, which was likely part of the reason why he'd never fit in with them.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia hadn't talked much about Drageda since she had left. She mentioned it occasionally in conversation, but nobody had really asked her much about it. Finbar seemed mildly interested though, and Sequoia was happy to answer his question. A few days to the north, she replied. Living there felt like it had happened a long time ago. She had lived in two different packs (including the Firebirds) now, and Drageda made three total. She wondered if that was abnormal for a wolf her age.

The two continued to chat for a bit and get to know one another. Eventually, they parted ways. Yes, this is the lamest fade-out ever. :clap: