Wheeling Gull Isle In demon days, it's cold inside
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
@Stockholm @Coelacanth

@Currituck is welcome too of course!! <3

Keeping some things vague

She arrived to the last part of her journey late into the night, unaware that yet another pack had claimed part of the coast since the last time she had been here, and so she had no plans of continuing any further west. She was relieved to see the sandy path was visible, allowing her access to the island with the last pack she wanted to seek answers from. After this, she would head home, not allowing herself to sleep or eat until she got there. Right now though, she was only interested in finding her family and making sure they were safe. She couldn't fully move on with her life until she had some kind of closure, and she would get that closure if she had search every damn inch of the Teekon.

Moonlight glinted off of smooth paw prints in the sand, leading her to the mass of land ahead of her. She stopped just outside the borders, fiery gaze scanning the area before titling her head up and releasing a howl for the leaders.
Inuttuk
Common

457 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Warrior
Moorhen was the first to arrive, looking grim and unkempt and as she prowled along the beach. Her body language was neutral and non-aggressive, but there was something decidedly unwelcoming as she looked upon the stranger. Still, she tried to morph her voice into something almost friendly as she called out in greeting.

Hello. This is Undersea. What can help you with? said Moorhen, nose twitching as she took in the other wolf's scent.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She watched silently as the other woman approached, looking for any signs that she was one of the leaders she had called for but not finding anything that could tell her one way or the other. Her expression remained unreadable as the other wolf greeted her and inquired about her business here. A stiff nod was the northerner's only return greeting. I'm only here to find out information on my lost family, she started with the same words she had uttered to the other wolves from the two packs she had visited before this one. By this point, the words came easily without emotion, requiring much less effort on her part, even though the same turmoil still festered in her chest while she spoke them. 

A storm destroyed my home and separated me from my family. My sisters both look much like me--their names are Tahani and Shivali. My nephews Sos and Aningan are both white as well. My nieces Tunerk and Currituck are brown, she offered next. Even the smallest amount of information would be helpful--just something to let her know her family wasn't all buried under the mountains of snow still covering the glacier.
Inuttuk
Common

457 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Warrior
A sharp, maroon gaze raked over the woman's features as she spoke, commiting them to memory more than the words she spoke. Although outwardly, Moorhen remained stiff and distant, she softened a fraction as she heard what had brought her to the island. It seemed odd that she would check here when she'd last seen her ilk upon a mountain, but Moorhen supposed the island was a place to find lost things.

Especially since she knew one of the names that the woman spoke.

"Naame?" she asked the woman, not quite willing to give up all her information just yet. And then, because she was on Coelacanth's shores, "I im Moorhen, Akhlut of Undersea. Protector." Each word was spoken clearly and with deliberation - it was her first time introducing herself as such, and she felt the weight of the moment rather keenly. More than that, though, she wanted the woman to understand that she took the notion of lost children very seriously - but Currituck belonged to Coelacanth, now. "I haff seen this girl," she said after a moment of uncertainty. "When find - what will you do? Tek girl? Where?" The last question was almost an accusation - WHERE ARE YOU TAKING HER??? - but Moorhen managed to keep her countenance merely prickly rather than outright aggressive.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She kept her irritation well-hidden at first, replying with a simple, Takiyok, when asked for her name. She supposed it was a logical question, although she wished she would just answer the fucking question. Then the words she was hoping to hear erased any irritation Taki was feeling--it was short lived though, to be replaced with cold, possessive anger. Which girl? she asked first, words short and terse. Then, her ears flattened briefly as she fought for control of her temper. She would not get what she wanted if she started a fight with the woman. I do not wish to take her anywhere against her will, but neither will I let her be kept here against her will, the northerner answered, determined and confident. She was one wolf against however many, but that would never keep her from her family if they needed her--whoever was here, sister or niece, she would make sure she was safe and happy.
Inuttuk
Common

457 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Warrior
Moorhen studied the woman a moment longer, remembering how Aditya had come to the island, to his family, only to spill innocent blood. But there were no innocents around right then, and Moorhen felt confident she could handle Takiyok if things went poorly.

"Curtuk," she replied, butchering the girl's name. They hadn't spent any time together, so she hadn't yet learned the name in full. With one final, uncertain flicker of her ears, she inclined her head to Takiyok and said, "You may call for her. She is here."

She would not call the girl herself. This was partially because she did not know the girl's call-sound well enough to summon her with accuracy, and partially because she wanted to see if Currituck would come to Takiyok's voice. If she would not, it did not bode well for the stranger.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Currituck. Relief washed over her as the undersea wolf spoke the name. At least she could rest easier now that she knew the adventurous girl had hopefully found somewhere safe--well, she hoped so anyway, but she would have to see with her own eyes to confirm that she was safe--hear her family member tell her that she was happy here. With a nod to Moorhen, she tilted her head back and called for her niece, falling silent after as her fiery gaze searched the shoreline for any movement. A knot of anticipation began to build in her stomach as she waited, eager to see Currituck's form approach.
Inuttuk
Common

98 Posts
Ooc —
She hears the howl, but she doesn’t think much of it. It’s familiar and she’s gotten used to the other wolves on the island. It’s probably just one of theirs she hasn’t really memorized yet. So, Currituck goes about her business, sniffing around, searching for Lucas probably… something to bide the time.

The second one, a few minutes later, really has her attention. It’s calling directly for her and it’s far more familiar than realized a moment ago. Green eyes widen, her heart leaping into her throat, and she stops whatever she’s doing and immediately bolts in the direction of the call. The path is familiar, she’s walked it before, but she feels the distance in her legs as they tire along the run.

Soon, she is on the coast and in the distance she sees a large, white body. She wants it desperately to be Tahani but the call does not match her for, albeit close, and as she close in she sees Takiyok’s features tune in. Currituck gives herself another good push as she sails through the sand. She doesn’t give the other wolf even a single glance, allowing herself to slam into the large wolf’s chest, burying deep into her thick fur.
Inuttut · Common
457 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Warrior
Moorhen stepped back and looked on with a stern expression on her face, clearly uncomfortable with one of their younger members being out in the open with a stranger about. But, seeing as the woman was no stranger to Currituck, she tried not to bristle too badly.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She waited for what seemed like forever after the call rang out over the island--the seconds slowly ticking away as her gaze scoured the distance for any movement. Finally, the red and brown form of her niece appeared and came barreling towards her. She braced for the impact, wrapping her head around Currituck's neck as the girl burrowed into her chest. Currituck, I'm so glad you're okay, she said, a little breathless from the emotion she wasn't used to showing in front of strangers. Taki pulled back a little, wanting to see her niece's face--see for herself that she seemed okay. Are they treating you well here? she asked next, switching to her native language. She couldn't be sure Curri would tell the truth if they spoke in common since the Undersea wolf would know what they were saying. I need to know that you're happy here. She would, of course, welcome the girl back to the mountain with her, but she wouldn't make her come if she didn't want to. The mountains were sure to be much colder than here, and she knew Currituck would be just as miserable there, but Taki needed to make sure she was happy here before she would be comfortable leaving her in their care.
Inuttuk
Common

98 Posts
Ooc —
She tightens her body to Takiyok when her head snakes around her neck. She enjoys the warmth as she always had, envious of such a thick coat she’ll never acquire. Even on the island it is cold but there is not ice hurting her paws everywhere she goes.

“I like it here. I made some new friends!” she chirps but does not look to the other wolf nearby. She hasn’t really had the chance to meet her but that doesn’t mean she can’t be a friend. She just means Lucas, mostly. “I was gonna come back and tell you where I was but you’re here! Were you looking for me?” she starts, completely clueless about the havoc back home.
Inuttut · Common
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Cameooo.

The sheepdog materialized in the distance, a shifting silhouette among other shifting silhouettes, but did not otherwise intrude upon Currituck’s reunion. If this was the family the girl had spoken of, Seelie didn’t want to interrupt anything — and besides, the storm was over, and she had sworn not to kennel the ruddy lamb. She merely wanted to ensure that Currituck was comfortable and happy — the incident with Maegi and the Blackfeather troupe had conditioned her for Bad Things as far as reunions were concerned — and that Moorhen was safe and sound.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Curri's happy tone settled inside her chest, warming her and soothing the grief some. She smiled at her niece, glad to hear she seemed to be settling in well. Her next words wiped the smile from the northerner's face, though. She didn't to tell her about the glacier's demise, and more than anything, Taki didn't want to tell the girl about Tahani. But, it wasn't like she could lie about it either. She drew in a deep breath before speaking. A storm destroyed the glacier, she started, sorrow in her tone as well as her expression. I haven't been able to find anyone yet. She would do anything not to have to say the next part, but she pressed on. Including Tahani. I'm so sorry. I'll keep searching for her, don't worry, okay. She rushed through the words, just wanting to get them out and waited for the sadness from Curri that would tear her apart.
Inuttuk
Common