The Sentinels the giants are sleeping
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Private 
Guardian Thread with the lovely @Bhageera :)

Embry shook out his ochre coat; grunting in the frosty chill of morning. He had just awoken amid the desolate sentinels. Ash drifted like snow in the crepuscular half-light of dawn, casting an eery glow across the atmospheric ambience encompassing the grove of fallen oaks.

He blinked in an attempt to push the outer tendrils of sleep from his mind. Somewhere up north, where he had just arrived from, there would be a thick blanket of snow upon the earth. The thought sent shivers down his spine.

Slowly, he arched his back in a mellow stretch. His breath sent ghosts swirling into the lightening sky. Today, he assumed thoughtfully, is going to be quite boring. And he set his sea-grean orbs upon the distance, where he might hear the gentle lull of waves.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Time and time again she got her ass whooped by the stinky dog beasts. First in the woods where she had just wanted to pull a prank of a wild dog-pet and had gotten bitten and chased off. Second in that plateau where she had only wanted to look around and got attacked by a whole pack. Third back in the same plateau where she had tried to steal a meal and fought two stinky dog beasts. Plenty of other times as well. She was tired of being torn apart, she just wanted to beat one of them up for a chance.

Luckily (she hoped) she caught the scent of one and began to stalk it, a male Beasty who she spotted in the distance stretching and gazing into the sentinels completely unaware that she was coming. Slowly she approached until she was close enough to make an attack and when she did she pounced, slamming into the male with a yowl and using her claws to rake down whatever flesh she could reach.

rolled a 1
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry was examining a particularly desolate alder when he noticed the sound of pawsteps nearby. He shook the premonition of forest spirits away and concluded that if any animal was lurking in this here forest, it was he and he alone. 

Thus, you can imagine his surprise when, out of the blue, a giant cat came streaking its claws across his flank. Yowling in the sheer shock and terror of the assault, Embry reeled backwards; struggling to gain leverage as he hastily scrambled to safety. The adrenaline kept what pain he might have felt secluded within the vestiges of his shot nerves, by which he felt nothing but the cool flow of liquid from lacerations across his shoulder.

Snarling, he bat a paw in a futile attempt to somewhat ward the wildcat off whilst he bounded out of reach.
ϟ
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Much to her satisfaction she caught him off guard and her claws raked bloody slashes down his shoulder. The scent of blood filled the frigid air and she breathed it in, hissing as it fueled her desire to take her revenge on this poor, innocent wolf. His stuggling moved her off balance and so she got off of him, aiming a swipe for the side of his face and missing as he moved backwards. She growled, a low sound that rumbled her entire chest as she circled him waiting for him to make a move. 

I am so sorry! I feel awful for forgetting this thread
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
don't worry about! I know how busy you've been and I honestly felt rude when I nudged this, but I just really needed this guardian thread XD

Embry panted as the initial dregs of surprise began to ebb, the toffee and cream swath of fur along his neck bristling disconcertedly. Fortunately, he had managed to manuever himself from the worst possible situation, albeit not without a nice gash to accompany him. When he found himself back on level terms, facing the wildcat before him, he took the chance to observe her powerful physique. No visible maladies. Joy - fresh out of the package. 

Embry did not hesitate so much as to mentally calculate his plan. As soon as his thoughts came to fruition, he bounded forward, bridging the distance between cat and wolf in a few swift sweeps of his legs. He stretched his paws forward upon the final motion, leaping up and aiming for the large feline's nape with his pearly whites exposed and glinting.
ϟ
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
They were facing off and Bhageera was one hundred percent determined not to get beaten up as badly as all the other times. There was a feeling in her muscles, a burning desire that flooded her limbs and made her ready for anything.

Except the lunge. Quite suddenly the male wolf leaped for her and so wrapped up in her angry musing was she that she failed to block it. His fangs sunk into the scruff around her nape and she yowled, shaking her head. Instinctively she flipped onto her back kicked at his belly repeatedly with her hind paws, claws striking and raking against his belly over and over to get him off of her. 

dont feel bad, i am glad you nudged it because i totally forgot Bhaggy was even active.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
ok well thank you for volunteering to do this thread, anyway :)

Embry felt a sharp pain before he spotted it: a furious thrashing of claws just at his stomach, raking against the soft flesh beneath his horrified eyes. In all of his years of fighting, he had always strived to prevent this - of all situations - from uccuring. Should she gain the right traction, the fight would be good as done. Checkmate.

Growling through the pain, Embry peeled his lips back in a clipped snarl as he pulled away. There was a flash of pain in his stomach, just beneath his ribs, that quelled his hopes for an offensive match. He eyed the empress with a stony glare, snorting wisps of carbon into the chilled air.
ϟ
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
omg she's just beating this poor boy up I'm so sorry :(. Umm...oof. do you want him to successfully chase her off after this hit she makes? That way you win and it's a good trade thread?

Her claws struck just as he pulled away and she rolled swiftly to her paws, glaring at the wolf. She licked her lips and narrowed her eyes, golden gaze filled with hatred. "Your kind. Always so brutal. Its about time one of you gets beaten instead" she spat the words out so venomously, it almost physically burned coming out her maw. Despite having been hell bent on making him look like shredded meat moments ago she found that she suddenly found the idea appalling. She was doing the same thing done to her. Even so she wanted him to at least fear her, to not be sent away with her tail curled. So she jumped forward and sprang onto her back paws, balancing as she repeatedly swatted the sides of his ears to disorient him though her claws were sheathed this time.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
In terms of realistic play, I feel like he should be able to chase off a lynx of her size, however I'm more than willing to take a knee on this one. I hate doing that, but if you'd like to you can go ahead. (Thank you for offering)

Embry stiffened, tensing his muscles at the sound of the woman's voice.

"Says the one who attacked me," he muttered dryly, wincing at the pain that stabbed throughout his body. He could feel the smooth trickle of blood down his foreleg like a feather tingling upon his skin. His fawn tail swayed agitatedly. 

With yet another triumphant grunt, he lunged for the lynx, pulling the weight of his body into the force of the motion. The momentum this provided was enough to send him barreling forward, more in the intent of a tackle than a serious rake of any kind. He had, after all, noticed that the she had softened a little in the more recent of her attacks. Perhaps he could recipricate, albeit in miniscule proportions.
ϟ
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
I'm gonna have her run off so I can try to do some other threads. She'll try to run on my next post!

She rolled her eyes and sniffed disdainfully at his comment though she said nothing in return, eyeing him warily and trying to decide whether or not she wanted to leave. Before she could make her decision he lunged and his weight slammed into het, knocking her breath from her lungs. She wheezed and floundered on the ground, her head swimming for a few moments with shock. An angry and panicked yowl left her maw  and she tried to strike him with her claws, missing and instead tucking her chin to her chest to defend her throat hissing a warning.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry took the opportunity in stride, easily evading her frantic attempts to dissuade his offront. Her yowl split through the air and spiked the fur even further along his neck. He knew by this point that a conclusion was near.

It was too within him to abate sympathy, despite the notion that she could certainly have won under different circumstances. She was strong for a lynx, and he respected her fighting spirit, however misguided it was. He did not want to be the reason this creature faced any more trials than she had already experienced in her life.
ϟ
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She writhed beneath him, still attempting to right herself and get up off the ground. Finally she succeeded and stood up, backing away her head lowered and tiny nubby tail twitching sporatically displaying her aggravation. She spat one more time her claws flexing in and out as she stood a few feet away, watching him watch her and then finally with a halfhearted throaty growl she blinked slowly and sighed. Saying nothing she flicked her ears and turned around, walking off. She would not run with her tucked, that much would not change but she didn't feel the need to shed any more blood. Maybe she should learn to get a grip on her temper. haha yeah right.