Swiftcurrent Creek rivers till i reach you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Private 

The sun was just breaking over the horizon, bathing the Creek's territory in the monochrome light of early dawn. Rue drifted across the snow like an errant sunbeam, searching for the last wolf with whom she needed to speak before leaving everything here behind. She was cutting it close-- truly, she should already be meeting Thorn at Duck Lake.

This was the one farewell over which Rue had paused, struggling with her decision to turn away from whatever hopeful seedlings had planted themselves here.  Rue didn't know exactly what it was that was growing between her and Soltero, but she did know that it was good-- perhaps one of the only good things Rue had experienced here in the Creek. She also didn't know what would happen with this new growth if she was not here to nurture it.

But...  what Rue did know with without a shadow of a doubt was that beautiful things do not bloom in miserable surroundings. If she wanted a shot at nurturing something strong and lasting with Soltero-- or with anyone, even-- she would first need to nuture herself. She had to light herself from the inside before she was capable of lending warmth to others, and at this moment... this was the only path to happiness that she could see.
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
<3

Dawn was a time in which Soltero frequented the borders, favouring the quiet of the early hours over the busier afternoon light. His lonesome was something he held close, despite loving the creek and those within, using the peace of the silent walks to aid in his solace; everyone knew that the pack was chaotic at the moment, with an overload of women in heat and men who couldn't seem to make up their mind. The beta himself was terribly confused, but when he caught Ruenna's scent on the wind, he couldn't resist pushing forward and seeking her in his vision.

Dim gold seemed to pour over her features, lighting a glimmer in her gaze and causing the valento's stomach to twist at the sight - lips twitching in a half smile, he approached, eager to gently bump her side and walk alongside the girl. "Hey, Rue." came the warm greeting; something not many were able to gain.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Soltero," Rue chimed, "Just the man I was looking for." Her words were light, but the cheeriness of her tone did not quite make it into her expression. He bumped against her and Rue leaned into him as well, basking in his attention and the warmth that radiated from his touch. Depending on how Soltero reacted to her news, this might be the last chance she had to enjoy a moment of closeness with him. 

Rue stopped and turned to face Soltero, and as she met his verdant eyes the depth of her pain would be evident in her gaze. "I've come to a decision, Soltero... I.." Rue swallowed. "I can't stay here. Not with things.. the way they are." They had already discussed the tension within the ranks, Rue knew she did not need to explain this further. Rue dearly wished she could tell Soltero of her feelings about Kavik and Myrren's "mistake," but she had promised to keep Myrren's pregnancy secret.

"I'm trying to heal from my losses in the Plateau, but it's just.. it's just impossible here." The jealousies, the secrets, the mistakes, the competition... it was all just too much for Rue, even with a good friend like Soltero at her side.
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Though he savoured her warmth, there was an edge to the tone of her voice, carried still from their previous conversation - his lips tilted downward, searching her youthful features briefly as though the champagne and honey would reveal whatever plagued her mind. But then she looked at him, and they locked eyes--

He could have sworn a little crack had formed over his skin, drinking in the sweetness of her gaze. Seeking the stab of darkness that threatened there, like a looming stormcloud of monochrome and misery - was she really so unhappy here, even with him? Ought he have worked harder to keep a smile on her face? When Ruenna's voice seeped into the beta's mind, his frown deepened, and he wondered if he'd made a big mistake. It should not have impacted him as much as it did, but to hear those words felt like a brick to the face: he'd failed her, failed to sort out this mess before it took over every mind and heart in the creek he'd worked so hard to maintain. 

"...You're leaving?" he managed, swallowing a painful lump in his throat. "I... yeah, I..." I understand is what Soltero wanted to say, but his tongue refused to let the words free - he wasn't used to this, wasn't used to growing fond of someone, only to see them washed away into whatever else was out there. Hell, he thought he'd explored everything there was to offer in this world, but there was one aspect of life he was severly lacking experience in - growing attached to someone other than his mother, and how the heck to deal with emotions. Ruenna had been his break from the chaos lit within the heart of his home, but now she would not be here to soothe his worries. Selfish thoughts, he chided himself, but still they came.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came