Swiftcurrent Creek how it burns inside of me
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
AW <3 maybe a naturalist thread?

He'd woken early, trailing from the den to wander on the paths at the very edge of the territory - he checked caches, marked where necessary, and then returned toward the central areas of swiftcurrent's claim, intent on gazing at the monochrome sky. Clouds gathered as hazy plumes of grey, masking the streaking sunlight and shielding the earth in a dull white; for now the snow had ceased to fall, but still the ground was covered in pale crystals.

Soltero navigated himself to a particularly stable rock by the water's edge, heaving himself up before lowering to slide onto his belly, muzzle tipped toward the heavens and black nostrils flaring to inhale the crisp scents of winter. It looked like snow would fall again soon.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
For most of her life, Eilonwy had been angry. Angry that her family had come apart before it could even be a family, and angry that she did not have what she was supposed to have. But what was she supposed to have anyway? She had spent her life avoiding contact and refusing relationships. She had limited herself to do what she was told and get back home before dusk. What could she hope to get by being an asshole?

Truth was, she wasn't at all an asshole. Eilonwy was just hurt, she was easily hurt, and walls and anger were the only way she knew how to diminish how hurt she felt.

and today those feelings came pouring down her throat until a knot was formed, and the rest of the day she had spent crying. Hidden away under some tree where she knew no one could see her. Those days came often, usually when most unexpected, and the little summer flower had no idea what they meant or how to explain them. They just were.

When her tears dried and her breath became stable Eilonwy knew that it was time to go back home. The sky was getting denser and the cold air as becoming too strong for her unaccustomed body. The crunching of the snow as she stepped on it was the only thing covering up her sniffling. All the way back to momma Eilonwy walked looking at her feet, or at least that was the plan until she scented Soltero in her path. She looked up with teary eyes at the man and knowing well that it was too late and there was no escaping this once she made no particular move to avoid his eyes from finding her.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Vibrant eyes flickered away at the catch of a scent on the wind, one he had not yet familiarised himself with besides the distinct swiftcurrent smell - his chiselled head inclined to the side, and he peered toward the dainty girl. Soltero was pretty damn awful at talking, especially if the topic held any sort of emotion; a stoic (but not overly cold) visage marked his features most frequently, though as of recently his stony exterior had been melted enough for him to embrace the interactions of pack life - they were inevitable, after all. When he saw the tear-filled eyes staring back at him, he resisted the urge to let a frown curl his lips downward.

"Hello," He uttered softly (which was tricky, given the deep rumble of his voice), wondering if he ought to approach the situation in a similar way that he had with Talos, when she had sniffled and fought off whimpers. Dealing with sadness, especially when it had bloomed from such innocent youth, was tricky for him to manage - in all truth, his own mind could be difficult enough to tame. The smoky beta glanced briefly to the smooth rock on which he lay, shuffling over so there was a little more space beside him. "Do you... want to come up here?"
But the rain never came
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Edit: @Soltero I'd still like to finish this one if you don't mind an old thread?

His warm, friendly voice helped calming her a bit, but still the snigfling and dry tears were evident. There was just no way he hadn't noticed her emotional state, and deep down, although she didn't want to assume it, Eilonwy needed to be noticed.

She was invited to join him up the rock, and fragile as her midstate was she didnt have what it took to reject him. She jumped up the rock and shyly found a spot near enough to feel Somtero's warmth but with enough distance that it was clear she felt uncomfortable.

Now what? An awkward silence befell the environment as Eilonwy tried avoiding his eyes. But it was useless. Gathering enough courage to look at him Eilonwy tried to escape death by awkward and asked: What are you up to, up here? with a shy, still cracked tone of voice.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
<3

Eilonwy was a mystery to Soltero, a sleepless traveller suddenly presented with the importance of a leading figure - a pressure had begun to stretch across his shoulders, the consistent watching eyes, the weight of his expectations, expectations of him. Lonely, always lonely, even when surrounded by others - contemplations circled around his mind (especially with the soft sound of rushing water at his feet to soothe the ache), and he considered briefly that perhaps this girl was simply lonely, like him. Like Talos. They ought to stick together.

Emerald gaze tipping back toward the sky, he let his eyelids drift slowly down until his vision was swathed in a numbing black; he waited, for a few heartbeats, and only opened them once the sylph's gentle voice swept out toward him. Her tone was uncertain, and this was something he knew very well - as terrible as he could be at reading emotions, he knew was it was like to be uncertain. "I was... watching the clouds. Sometimes, I can predict what the weather will be like over the next day or so." Curiously, the smoky beta peered back toward Eilonwy, intruiged to see her opinion of such a feat. Soltero was no master at reading nature, but he had certainly picked up plenty of his mother's teachings, and kept them close to his heart.
But the rain never came
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
He was kind and gentle, and was able to look past Eilonwy's tears which helped her calm down a bit. She still sniffled here and there, but the crying had mostly passed. It was only her swollen face and sensitivity now.

She looked up at the clouds when Soltero mentioned how he could read them, and Eilonwy frowned, not sure if she understood the concept or whether she believed what he was telling her. How do you do it? she asked skeptically, only seeing the same kind of clouds that she always had seen. White, static, maybe a little plushy. What could he possibly see in them that told him what the weather would be like tomorrow?