Stone Circle tell everybody i'm on my way
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
The future was yet precarious, but Nikai loved every moment of figuring out his life with @Alya. It didn't really matter where they'd end up, it mattered that they were going there together, with the two of them. At this point in time it felt like this feeling, this moment, this beautiful journey filled with love would last forever. The journey here had been trying on his three legs, especially because Nikai had been pushing himself on some days because he wanted to appear strong to Alya. He didn't want her to think of him as the weakest link of the pair of them, even when he physically clearly was. Even though she had accepted him despite his missing leg, Nikai wanted her to see him as her equal.

"I can't believe we're here! It's been so long." Nikai smiled giddily at Alya as he imagined how she must've felt when she first returned to Moonspear after her journey with Nikai. Maybe not quite as happy as he did now, for it'd been less long and she had returned home alone, without him by her side. When they approached the borders Nikai howled for @Valette and @Steph, hoping to see them both soon and unable to wipe the big smile off his face.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
hope you don't mind me hopping in here! If not you can skip or ignore :)

Vespera had slowly trudged through the border of East Hollow, with her movements sluggish and her head down with ears to the side. The young female had nothing to do, even if Valette wanted her to socialize more with the current members of the pack, she decided to skip that and move along independently. However her heart longed to see her only friend in the pack besides Valette, the two seemed to get along after they spared, and their first real-time hang out was a tour of the territory. Vespera sighed to herself, Brynn was someone she was willing to warm up to, but she had to leave due to personal reasons, though Vespera seemed to fake the understanding of that since she felt hurt by her decision. But her thoughts would be interrupted with blood-curdling howl which had pierced her ears like someone scrapping metal on a chalkboard. The female's slumped figure had shot up as she grinded her teeth for the sound was making her ears want to bleed. The young female shook her head and tried to focus since this was a howl she didn't recognize. Vespera sighed in annoyance and rolled her eyes, the female didn't even break into a trot, she just sluggishly made her way over to the sound of the howl and found the one who made the howl. The female pulled her head up to at least no look bored, but she gave a blank expression, "who are you? What is your buisness here at East Hollow?" Vespera was trying to sound bold but it really didn't come out that way, instead, she just sounded unenthusiastic in her statement, but she at least didn't sound tired.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Iris didn't actually type "caterwauled" (as far as I know). The word is being inserted by someone else every time someone tried to type h*owled. But without the *
Alya stood beside Nikai, again blocking view of his missing leg. She did it purposefully, not because she was ashamed of him, but because she didn't want his weakness exposed to those who might exploit it. Just as Nikai had her back, she had his - and would protect him as much as she could.

It's pretty, Alya offered, but she was still not sure about the territory since it was so flat. She wanted to see these standing stones before she formed any opinions about the place, though.

Soon enough, a wolf came to answer their call. Alya was instantly put off by their rude tone and lack of formal greeting, but she tried to tell herself to give the place a chance. I'm Alya Ostrega, and this is Nikai - Valette's son, she said sharply, resisting the urge to snap at the stranger. She had a feeling Nikai wouldn't appreciate her tone, but she didn't appreciate Vespera's, and she was very protective over Nikai.
i can't help but be my own god
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
 Turning his ears to the sound of a distant call, Greyback stood upwards and urged his body to carry itself towards it. Easthollow had been getting more and more passerby during this winter, it amused the pack wolf— but he didn't disdain it.

Striding across the meadow Greyback was met with three distant figures. He could tell by the fur color and build alone that one was Vespera and shook his head. The young she-wolf had been helpful around the territory, but her attitude was not the best when approaching strangers, or even diplomatic conversations for that manner. She lacked the self control in the male's mind.

Heading downwards he was greeted with the familiar face of Alya, and immediately recognized her from when he was in search for Morningside. He dipped his head slowly and gave a small bow to her before rising upwards to his normal staggering height. He spared Vespera a glance before smiling at the two guests. "Alya Ostrega, it's a pleasure to see you again. I hope all is well, " he greeted warmly "Please excuse my packmate, she is young. How may I help you?

He looked at the smaller wolf next to her, giving him the same look.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
huh, weird, but yeah -- mix is right. ^^' seems like it's an automatic filter that's doing that. and it isn't even april 1st. :p

It didn't really occur to Nikai that Alya might shield his missing leg from anyone -- after all, he was home here, so he didn't expect it necessary. Nikai hadn't expected anyone to greet him with anything less than friendly, either. He was taken aback by the woman who came to greet him and Alya. Her tone wasn't unfriendly per say, but it was definitely not friendly either. Lacklustre was the best to describe it, perhaps. Nikai decided not to think too much of it -- maybe she just had a bad day, or wasn't very expressive -- but Alya immediately jumped in to defend him.

Just as he was about to jump in another showed up. He didn't really want to be throwing around his heritage or such just to get the apparently pack mate to simmer down; at this point, they were outsiders, after all, and she had every right to demand who they were. "Alya, it's --" But as another Easthollow wolf showed up, Nikai's attention shifted. Apparently Alya knew the wolf who showed up, and Nikai greeted with a friendly smile -- both to the newly arrived male as well as the female Alya had spat words at: "Hiya. I'm Nikai, Valette's son." The same words that Alya had spoken, but with a lot more sunshine in 'em. "So we're here for her, to visit..." He glanced at Alya for a moment to see how the next words would fall before he added them on: "... Actually, to stay for a while." No place was forever, but Easthollow was still home and the thought of settling down here for a while warmed Nikai's heart.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was recently reunited with her daughter Clary. She couldn't believe her luck to see her daughter again but she couldn't even believe her luck when Valette instantly recognized the voice of her oldest son. The female instantly made a beeline towards the borders. Nikai was back! It meant that he had survived during travels! It also meant that his leg was probably also alright!!!

Valette had to make her way to the other side of the territory. It seemed Vespera was there to greet the strangers, and Greyback as well. What a handsome man. Valette reverted her thoughts and realized she found it strange that Vespera was greeting strangers. She didn't like strangers. Valette slowed down and instantly trotted up to her son. "Nikai!!!" She looked so excited and happy to see him. She stepped closer to give him a lick.

The female also recognized Alya, whom she visited to tell Nikai's leg was injured. She could also remember that Greyback went to Morningside and Alya was there without Nikai. It seemed they had found each other then. "Alya, nice to see you as well," she greeted friendly, but it was clear she was not as familiar with the female as her own son Nikai. She wished to know more of the story how they came together once more but that would probably be better to ask another time. She had not heard that Nikai wanted to stay here. "You must stay for a bit. I've missed you," she lightly demanded like any mother would.

She looked over her shoulder at Greyback with a smile. "It's Nikai!!," she couldn't contain her excitement. Her tail was wagging to indicate that. She was not sure if she ever told Greyback much about Greyback but he did know her past with Steady and Nikai was a remnant of that time. He was the only one that had known Steady. So that made Nikai extra special to Valette. And my god. Nikai probably didn't even know about Keen, who was named after Keoni, Merrit and Arlette. So much to tell him!
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
ohhh! I didn't know, my mistake, I apologize <3

Vespera was a little Taken back on the darker wolf's response, to which she was more agitated now and less tired. Vespera's back fur rose and her violet gaze narrowed, her blank expression turned into an annoyed and angered expression though she didn't bare her teeth. "Oh I'm sorry, does it look like I have an insight on everyone's lives?" Vespera didn't snap as the darker female did, but she did roll her eyes and slammed sarcasm and snark in her response. Vespera wouldn't have minded much if she just snapped at her, but what made her want to snap at the female's muzzle was that she shoved the 'Valette's son' card in her face. Though the young female had much respect for Valette more than anyone else in the pack, and she was now the only one that Vespera could go to for comfort without being a moody teenager. Good lord, how many Valette clones are there? Vespera was half joking in her own thoughts, for she did think Valette did have a lot of kids since she once said that she had a few mates. However Vespera wasn't done with Alya, or at least she would have liked to keep firing off at her, but her ears twitched when she heard heavy paw steps to which she could only guess to who it was. Greyback. Oh lovely, why don't all you idiots just show up at the same time, Vespera wanted to say out loud but she kept it in her head, so instead she just groaned in annoyance and rolled her eyes. Vespera kept a steady gaze one Alya, she ignored the fact that she was hiding something, but she didn't care at the moment, she just wanted to snap at someone.

Although the male named Nikai seemed to be more tolerable than Alya was to Vespera, maybe it was because he was Valette's son, but she pushed that to the back of her mind. What really didn't surprise Vespera is that Greyback new one of the two, she figured Greyback knew everyone at this point, but she turned her head away just to roll her eyes, then turned to face the pair again. If Vespera could be more agitated, Greyback seemed to do the job since he told them to excuse because she was young which to her it translated to, excuse her she is young, she is an idiot, please ignore her. Her mind seemed to manipulate his words to make what he said sound like that, and a small but somewhat quite growl seemed to bubble in her throat. Even if that's not what Greyback meant, Vespera tensed her leg muscles and almost turned to Greyback with snapping jaws, but before she could do that, Valette showed up. Vespera figured if she was to snap at the Alpha's male that it would go bad for her in the long run, so instead, she just stood there looking like an angry ball of fluff. But in her mind, how could she be mad, Valette was happy to see her child again, so she could at least calm down for that reason. But a bit of jealousy ran through her veins, Vespera wanted something like this with her family, but she never could. The young female relaxed herself a little and took a moment to watch as Valette showered her pup with affection and even inviting them to stay. Vespera wouldn't mind if Nikai stayed, but she flared her nose at the bare thought of Alya staying, maybe it was her fault for being so informal to them, but the young female was a little too arrogant to admit that herself.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
That's why you should be polite to eveyone, Alya sniffed, physically receding somewhat, but clearly unrepentant. In truth, Vespera hadn't been that rude at all, and Alya certainly had no place picking at her manners - especially considering the way she was acting. But there were other things at play, and Alya was something of an emotional wreck right then, even if things were going a lot better for her than they had been. She was ecstatic to have Nikai returned to her safely, for example - but there had been a lot of change an upheaval for her in a short amount of time.

She was... coping.

Hello, Mister Greyback, Alya greeted, her tail wagging as he offered that apologetic remark. She decided that the best thing to do was ignore it, as she didn't want to look poorly in front of Nikai. She let him do the speaking, then, since he clearly had a better handle on himself - and her tail wagged that much harder when Valette appeared, looking hale and happy. That was a load off her mind.

As she watched mother and son reunite, Vespera faded to the background - still at the edge of Alya's senses, but an annoyance set aside from the moment. Do you have room for two? Alya asked when Valette insisted Nikai stay a while. Her voice was warm and lightly teasing, but inwardly she was a bit nervous. She knew that Greyback must have revealed that Nikai hadn't been with her. Or had he? Surely she would have asked - 

She hopd Valette was as forgiving as her son.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
When Valette appeared the Easthollow male swiftly leaned over and bumped his head gently on her shoulder as a greeting. As always, he was happy to see her. And even more so to know that this was the Nikai he had heard about.

Valette had told him about her adoptive son when he had returned, and it hurt him so to see her in so much grief. But now Nikai was home— and so was his sister, Clary. He was happy for them, for her, as he stood beside them smiling with a small wag in his tail. 

He was glad that Alya seemed to remember him, and even more so that they were both looking to stay at Easthollow for an extended amount of time. Alya was a good wolf, one that would not cause trouble in his mind— Nikai too. Surely the son of Valette would be well behaved and contribute. "Of course, we are always welcoming." He chuckled, looking to Valette for confirmation. He did not have the rank to foresee newcomers but was certain Valette wouldn't turn them away.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai decided to simply ignore the discussion that Alya continued with the other girl -- it didn't really matter all that much. What mattered was that they were here, and back. Alya seemed to agree with his sentiments, for which he was glad, and he waited for a response -- unsure if 'Mister Greyback' was a leader that could grant them sanctuary. But if not, then surely Valette would arrive soon. Her scent lingered along the borders, so she must still live here.

He wasn't disappointed; Valette arrived shortly, looking over the moon. Nikai's tail started to whir with excitement, too, as he closed the gap between them, revealing his missing left hind leg. "I missed you," he said as he pressed his face against the fur on Valette's neck, sniffing in the familiar scent of home. While Nikai enjoyed wandering and being out in the world had been enjoyable for him, it was good to have somewhere to return -- someone to return to.

"We're here to stay a while," Nikai elaborated, in case Greyback and Alya's words weren't clear enough yet. "And, uh - we're mates now." Nikai smiled at his mother as he told her the news, then looked back at Alya. It was all going so fast, but Nikai had never minded that. He was a bit of a romantic at heart, and from the moment he had first seen Alya (and her sisters) when he was young he'd known that there was something special about her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was a bit unaware with the whole discussion that happened between Vespera and Alya. The mother was too focussed on having her child back. She could only agree with Nikai's sentiment that she had missed him. "I missed you too," she whispered back. The female then stepped back and noticed that Nikai's leg was gone. Her heart sank. Could he hunt? How would he survive? Her mother instinct roared to life and wanted to take care of her baby. But then Nikai spoke again. He was going to stay and that he was mated to Alya.

Valette turned her eyes from Nikai to Alya. So they were together now. Valette instantly smiled. "Really?," she looked excited. Though she would not forget that Alya had not always been with Nikai, though she was glad that they chose each other. Valette almost teared up a bit. "You are all grown up! I remember when you were the tiniest little thing," she sighed. "Of course you are both welcome to stay here," she nodded and then stepped back, next to Greyback. She then realized that Vespera was there as well. "Vespera this is Nikai, as you might have realized. He had a sister but she passed, Keoni. I named Keen after her," she explained.

She turned to Nikai. "I had another litter when you were traveling. Merrit, Keen and Arlette. You have two extra sisters and a brother," she smiled. "I am sure you will see them around. Steph is Keeper here, previously known as Beta. We changed our ranks as well. Nothing too complicated I will explain later. Clary we just saw and says hi, and Ezra headed out on his own," she explained briefly. "There is so much to talk to you about but you must be hungry and thirsty. We should feed you both." Valette nodded seriously.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera began curling her lip just enough to reveal her fangs a bit. The female was getting more and more agitated by Alya. Vespera had so badly wanted to snap at her face, but each time the thought would storm into her mind, the winds would be calmed for she remembered she was in the presence of Valette. The young female closed her eyes and made a sharp inhale before exhaling slowly and quietly to calm her boiling blood. The young female was able to slowly open her eyes to reveal a more calmed gaze, but deep in her eyes were lingering emotions of annoyance and loathe. "I want to make this clear. Don't. Tell. Me. How. I. Should. Act." Vespera was aiming for Alya to hear, the female was able to hold back a growl and it came out more of a mumble, but she was able to make her words sounds defiant, though she wasn't trying to intimidate the female, she was just making sure she didn't have the last word. Vespera flared her nose one more time before her attention was caught by Nikai, the male was requesting that the two of them could stay awhile. Red flags were setting off in the young female's mind, even if she was the first to come and see Nikai and Alya, she was still wary of strangers. Nikai wouldn't be a problem to the female, but Vespera was still skeptical of Alya, she figured they wouldn't hit it off so she secretly planned to avoid her to stay away from any future conflict since one, Vespera wouldn't care for it, and two, Valette could get involved and she would get the blame. The young female was starting to space out a little since she was coming up with dozens of different scenarios with detail, but she was snapped out of this trance when Valette spoke her name. Vespera realized that her head had moved itself to where she was looking at the ground a bit, realizing this, she snapped her head up at Valette. The alpha had explained that Niaki was her son and that his sister had sadly passed but her name was given to Keen. Vespera's ears twitched when she mentioned her other children and this made Vespera wonder, how many children did she have? Vespera turned her head towards the two wolves as Valette offered them something to eat, but Vespera's eyes couldn't help but notice Nikai was missing a leg, though Vespera didn't look long enough for them to notice and she shifted her gaze back up at them.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
She was out of practice, but she'd spent basically her whole life pretending to be two other wolves on and off. It was pretty easy to pretend she wasn't irritated by the younger wolf, even if she shared Vespera's desire to start a fight. Especially when Nikai stepped away from her, and Vespera's eyes - predictably and understandably - fell on the place where Nikai's leg ought to be.

Almost automatically, she side-stepped to place herself in between them. It was not an overtly aggressive movement, but there was no disguising it as anything but what it was. This pack might be Nikai's family, but Alya didn't know Vespera from Eden, and she was fiercely protective of her mate after already having lost him once. Aside from that, she felt a growing possessiveness over him that she was not wholly familiar with.

Anyway - her actions spoke pretty clearly: Mine. But Alya tried her best to play nice after that kneejerk reaction and went back to pretending Vespera didn't exist, pretty much just standing guard over Nikai and Valette while they caught up. If Greyback or Valette happened to have been watching, she'd offer them a sheepish, somewhat repentant look, but it would only be to save face. Either way, when Valette mentioned thirsty she was right there with them. "I'm parched," she admitted. "We came in over Sawtooth Spire - and it was a mistake." She shot Nikai a wry, self-depracating grin.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The enormous wolf continued to stand and look at the two with a smile. He was not phased by Nikai's missing limb, though it was shocking enough for him to do a double take. He wondered how the boy had gotten such a wound, but by the looks of it— Nikai was surviving just fine. He would be fine. "Congratulations to you two!" he exclaimed, wagging his tail before looking over to Alya and Vespera.

He caught the small spitted words of his packmate and was taken aback by such an attitude. He never expected Vespera to say such a thing, and even more so right in front of him and within earshot of Valette. Hardening his stare into a glare he continued to stay silent and observe her behavior through a tall stance with his tail raised, looking down on her quite literally. 

The male was never one to show rank to a packmate, and while Easthollow was a very equal when it came to members Greyback couldn't ignore the yearling's recent behavior. The fight with Rakk, the disobedience and ignorance not to run and hide for her own safety, the snarky attitude he had seen with other members, and the recent word's that dripped from her tongue to Alya. 

He cleared his throat loudly.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai himself didn't really realise that all eyes were focussed on him and his leg when he stepped towards his mother. He'd gotten used to wolves judging him for his missing leg, but Nikai cared little for it and, in present company, there were more important things to focus on anyway. Nikai was glad that Valette had missed him too, and he ignored whatever was going on with Alya and the woman that'd initially greeted them, for now.

The excitement was infectious as Greyback congratulated them and Valette seemed happy enough, too, and even happier to hear that they were staying. Like Nikai had expected they were both welcome, and he looked back at Alya with a single quirked eyebrow, giving her a look that read 'I told you so'. Valette hadn't changed a bit; she was still the sweetest motherly leader of the pack he'd left behind. The only one missing from the party now was Steph.

Nikai looked at Vespera as Valette introduced them to one another. Nice to meet you, he said with a friendly voice, hoping to bridge whatever animosity might still live between them. He noticed the pointed look she have his leg and looked back to Valette as she went on to explain about her latest litter. By Stark, he presumed. Nikai swallowed as Keoni was mentioned, a frown briefly finding its way to his face as he thought of his deceased sister. But he didn't want to put a damper on the mood, considering Valette had also shared the news of the newest litter.

I can't wait to meet them, Nikai said eagerly. They're Stark's..? Valette hadn't mentioned Stark in the equation, but then, they'd already been mates when Nikai had left, so maybe that was why she hadn't. Nikai assumed Stark was still around, at least, since he and Valette had seemed so happy when Nikai had left them last year. Is Clary around? Nikai wondered, unsure from Valette's description whether or not she had stayed or just stopped by.

I'd love something to eat, Nikai agreed with Alya. The route they had taken had been heavy, true, and next time maybe they should see if they could pick a different one.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head instantly when the female admitted that she was parched. "We will guide you to the stream right away," she spoke dutifully and turned, also offering them to follow her. Valette did notice that there was something with Vespera since Greyback was tense towards her and the other female seemed tense as well. Valette would sort that out later. Now she just wanted to rekindle with her son.

"Yes, they are," she spoke to Nikai. "But after they were born, Stark became ill. I took care of him and the pups but in the end he just vanished from the den. I don't know if he left or if was kidnapped. I was very upset," she sighed. She then glanced at Greyback. "Luckily Greyback was there for me," she smiled.

The male then asked about Clary. Valette nodded. "She is around in the area. She visited but would not join Easthollow. She wanted to stay close and in contact but build her own life, which I understood. I advised her to look with Lost Creek Hollow.* Valette explained. "So I have a feeling she might settle there. You just missed Steph as she went traveling herself," Valette spoke. Valette could already hear the water of their stream. "Please take your time to drink"

* This info had been talked about with Jaclyn aka Clary's player BTS.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera's anger and annoyance had been cut short when she heard the man clear his throat at her. Vespera stopped looking at Valette and Nikai as her ears guided her towards the one who wanted to gain her attention. She realized it was Greyback. At first, Vespera wanted to roll her eyes and brush the male off, but something was slowly creeping up at the young female's memory. Vespera's violet gaze had slowly and carefully scanned Greyback's stance, she noticed he was looking down at her with his stone gaze as her nerves started to run wild within her body. The last thing that seemed to tick for her was where his tail was positioned. It was up. At this moment, something snapped in her mind, memories started to flood in unwelcomed and in an instant, her vision and hearing became tunneled to the point where she didn't even hear Nikai greet her. Vespera looked at the male, she looked speechless, motionless, her expression blank as if she had entered her own state of mind. The young female was having a mental battle with herself, fighting the urge to show fear through her face and fleeing the scene. The young female saw flashes of her past memory flash before her eyes in short compilations, these memories still felt fresh in her mind, she was still young, so her past horrors felt like she had just experienced them yesterday. The young female's muscles tensed up, with her mind conflicting between fight or flight, she had no idea what to do, Valette was right there so she didn't want to make a scene. The young female quickly snapped her head down to her paws like a sprung up spring. Perhaps, she should have told Valette more about her past or more specific on who had made her life miserable, she should have told her that it was mostly Alpha males, the males had given her trouble, and she could only remember how the use to think she was an object. Vespera regretted this deeply, she wanted to tell someone, to spill her emotions onto, but her stubborn and teenage mind kept her from doing so. The female silently beat herself over for this as she tried to put herself in a state of mind to where she found peace, and that peace would be with her family, but her heart told her that was unrealistic, EastHollow was her family. However so far, she could only find one family member to rely on, and that was Valette, Valette had shown her that not all were bad and the world didn't hate her. But at this moment, she had spaced on their past conversations, so she just stared at the ground with her paws planted on the ground like a tree, fighting the urge to shake, and it was a hard mental battle to fight.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He followed the group to the stream with steady strides, listening to them talk while keeping his gaze away from Vespera. He didn't want to focus on the teen's attitude during such a happy reunion and was quick to go ahead and match pace with Valette. His side and shoulder brushed up against her as he walked, an action that calmed him, grounded him and told each other they were there for one another. He was happy she was telling everyone about them, it was almost as if waving around a prize. A very big, shiny, rare prize worth everything and more.

As they reached the stream he was quick to take his fill, lowering his head and lapping up the water below. His cheek fur was too long and dragged itself through the water only to drip and drizzle down his chest and chin— efficiently making him look like a pup who was learning to drink. He couldn't help that he had so much fur! He quickly trotted back to Valette and was quick to childishly and slyly rub his chin along her back in effort to dry it.

574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya did her best not to look like she was listening avidly to Valette's tale. It was uncomfortable to overhear, but at the same time, she wanted to find out everything she could about Easthollow and the wolves that lived here.

For the most part, she faded to the background, her chest feeling tight as she witnessed the family reunion. Even Greyback, who she was fairly certain had no relation to Nikai, seemed to have more of a place in the conversation than her. She knew this ws more due to her own silence than them leaving her out, but she was dwelling on the family she'd left behind. As happy as she was for her mate, she was pining for her own mother and father. It would take some time for her to get used to the idea of calling another place - and another people - home.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
I'd actually worked out that Nikai and Steph were able to briefly catch up before she left since she leaves a few days after Nikai and Alya join ^^

When Valette started leading the way, Nikai followed the rest as they made their way to the stream. He kinda lost track of Vespera and Greyback and even Alya a little bit, mostly focussing on Valette's story as they walked. He moved fairly smoothly on three legs, although it was clear that it cost more effort and that he would never be as fast as he used to be on four legs.

Nikai wondered what made Stark leave. It seemed odd that he'd just vanish, especially while he was ill. There must've been some sort of reason for it. That's strange. But I'm glad you had wolves to care for you. He glanced at Greyback, wondering how extensive this care was. Had she found love again in him? Or was he just a friend? Nikai had never been Stark's biggest fan because he seemed fairly new to the pack still and Nikai hadn't known him too well, but had wanted Valette to be happy and find love again after Steady's loss, and who was he to judge? He just cared that Valette was happy.

He nodded as Valette further described Clary's choices. He could relate somewhat; he'd often had the same thoughts when he still lived here in Easthollow. As a matter of fact, maybe some day he would make the same choice with Alya, if she wanted to live closer to her parents. But for now, he was happy to be at home once more. Sounds like everyone's doing well, he said and smiled. As they reached the water he leaned down to drink. He glanced at Alya as he drank, trying to convey penny for your thoughts to her, hoping she was feeling alright. It was a huge step for her after all, to switch packs like this. But he was sure she'd feel better after a bit of rest and when he'd show her the territory.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded to Nikai when she explained. "It is very strange," she nodded in agreement. She could not have done a lot about it. Valette nodded to her son. But she let them drink first. They were parched after all. The alpha female was glad to have them both in Easthollow. She hoped Alya would fit in as well. "Well welcome to Easthollow. Drink and feel free to eat from the caches. Maybe Nikai can show you around a bit Alya," she offered.

The female smiled at the couple. She felt it was best to let them relax and get used to the pack's territory. She would catch up with Nikai later. "Then you can relax and find a spot to rest," she offered and gave them more space. "You can howl if you need anything."