Cedar Sweep somehow invested
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Revui kept close to Issun whenever he could, whether the man was aware of it or not. They had garnered some attention from the locals and had others with them now; he was mindful of their scents, and gradually adopted a shepherding instinct whenever they moved through the woods. He knew where they were (in a general sense) in relation to one another and at all times. Much like he had with Moonspear, Revui was becoming increasingly protective of their swath of forest and had been attentive to his duty. He could think of nothing else to fill his time besides roaming the woods, investigating the natural paths formed by criss-crossing trees, or marking when the need rose. If they did plan to settle here in the forest, he would be prepared to defend their claim — and his mind was far from the mountain-home he left behind, so focused on  his tasks.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
All Welcome 
Cadeau was beginning to feel the cold take hold of her bones, the ground covered in snow that meshed between her toes and chilled her paw pads. She'd never experienced the wilderness like she was now, not that she hadn't faced strife and misery whilst living out on the streets. At least back then she still had her mother Maela and a warm place to curl up in the night when the weather became too much for her. She shook away the familiar thoughts of home, the place she could never return to. Her eyes lowered to the floor as she walk, taking in her large paws and blunt claws. She felt her stomach groan, reminding the halfling she hadn't had a decent meal in some days. She didn't risk hunting, knowing that she could run into others demanding her skin for possibly trespassing. She was only a wanderer passing by, Cadeau didn't desire to attract attention to her being. So if she found scraps of a kill that was what she would gnaw upon, it also eased some guilt that killing brought upon her when she hunt. Cadeau didn't do it for sport but regardless of the fact killing always left a uncomfortabe pit in her gut. Shivering as the wind stroked her fur to the very core, Cadeau knew this open land with its few trees could provide much shelter. I gotta find a place to bunker down for a bit... I don't want to freeze to death out here. I can deal with being hungry but not this! Cadeau quickened her pace, hoping the movement would help warm her cold body.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The pack wasn't a pack yet, but they were doing their best. If Revui had been a more thoughtful creature he might've considered how difficult the venture was bound to be, and returned to the mountain where he was born. Instead, he remained connected to the wolves of the woods. He would protect them and their land. Maybe through this act he'd redeem himself in his own mind, and then earn himself a place upon  Moonspear once more. 

As he roamed, he came upon the scent of food among the washed-out aromas of ice and snow. Revui has always been heavily motivated by food - more so than anything else, of which his siblings could attest. When that scent hit him, he lost his focus. He didn't want to guard the woods any longer; for that handful of moments as he scoured the paths for the carcass, he was his old gluttonous self. However as his path wound through the trees, the scent drifted and faded. He tried to find it again. It was probably just a small cache made by one of the other Kamiki hopefuls, but he was still yearning to sink his teeth in to something — ah.

That was when he noticed a shock of red-cast fur between the trees. Unsure if it was a wolf or a doe (because he's somewhat stupid), Revui felt a snarl ripple out of his chest and he veered to intercept.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau heard the wolf before she ever saw him, his snarl rippled through her senses and the halfling turned sharply to see the advancing shadow in the tree line. Juggling between fight or flight, she knew logic was to turn tail and run as fast as her legs could take her. But at the same time she refused to be chased down like prey. She fought off dogs and coyotes and the occasional alley cat and fox back in the old neighborhood in her youth, she felt she could hold her own here as well. Bracing her weight apart and letting her fur bristle to make herself feel bigger, Cadeau barked and growled at the wolf, "Back off buster!" She raised her tail and kept her head low, teeth expodd to try and look menacing.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
What he found was not an ungulate, and it did not resemble a wolf so much as it did a fox, or something vermin-like (at least in his limited experience). Revui was too young to know of dogs and innocent of the world of man, so his brick of a brain made hasty connections. She called out to him to stop or something — but when Revui was on the warpath it was unlikely he would cease until he was satisfied. The stranger postured and tried to stand as a rival to him, but the leviathan was unafraid; he had always been a big kid, and he'd matured in to a form that was bigger than both his parents — this little red thing didn't stand a chance. He barrelled towards her and with a lunge, moved in to grab with his teeth.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau saw the stranger had no intentions on stopping his attack against her, causing the lithe halfling to try and spring away to get a better foothold of the fight. She managed to slip away but not in time to avoid a nice Snap! at her neck and shoulder. It stung like a burn, she took a chance to inspect the damage and saw some blood oozing out of the spot. Curling her lip, she turned to face her opponent and sneered, "Listen here you big clumsy baffoon, if you think I am going to let you bully me around you are sorely mistaken!" Cadeau lunged forward to grab at a leg, teeth sinking into his front paw sharply. She shook her head as if she were tearing at a rabbit. If she injured enough legs, he could hardly do much now could he?
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
When his teeth managed to sink in to the supple flesh of her shoulder, one might imagine someone of his age to be surprise and to draw back, but that was not the case with this warrior-bred creature. The taste of the blood only made him worse, more mindless and more forthright in his behavior. The target reacted as one might suspect — countering with words, and with her own teeth, and while her aim for his limbs was true her blows weren't as substantial as his own. The snapping of her smaller jaws eventually led to sharp pain in his wrist and nearest forelimb as she grabbed and tore at them, but he loosed a roar — unable to contain his berzerker-style rage — and lunged for her again. This time, as she was much closer, his looming body could be put to full effect. His desire was to crush her, pulling the leg she was grappling towards himself (and by effect, forcing her in to a lower position by his own chest and dangerously close to his throat), and came down upon her like a crashing mountain.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau wasn't built tough and sturdy like most despite her breeding coming from a good stock of large canines. She was lean and lithe, built like a cat with long legs and a thin frame. She felt herself being dragged towards the large wolf who seemed intent on using her latch on attack to his advantage to crush her. She could feel him coming upon her, shadow blotting her out as if he were the moon and she the sun. Alarmed, Cadeau let go and hastily scrambled to get away, teeth bloody from chomping down on his leg. Her tail tucked its way between her legs as she feared being grabbed by it. Cadeau mentally prepared herself in case he did catch her in her desperate attempt to slip away. If she could get a wider berth she could properly plan her next attack.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Here comes your gal.

Aeliana was about to start making rounds around the border of the territory until her ears picked up the sound of a roar carried upon the wind, her ears and head perked up and her brows furrowed, her attention and interest caught with a lingering concern. A fight? At the borders? Her amble walk broke into a quickened trot, they were supposed to be protecting and watching over the borders, sure, but she felt they shouldn't really be picking fights over it. After all, they still needed a few members to join their ranks before they officially become a pack.

The closer she got to the sounds, the faster she moved, galloping, kicking up snow in her wake until she stood upon a small hill and the two were in site. Watching as her pack-mate fought blindly against the smaller stranger with gnashing teeth. She shook her head and broke into a gallop, a short burst to get her over there quickly, her muscles rippled under thick fur, "Wait, stop!" She barked as she raced over, her massive frame barreling towards them.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Not sure if you're aware, but Cadeau's profile has them listed as being part dog. The guidebook states that wolfdogs are smaller and weaker than pure wolves by default, so I hope its OK that I've had Revui lording over her so much!

When the creature pulled away from him, he was ready. Revui would have charged head-first in to the waiting body as she tried to grab some distance, but he was halted by the shout of another - not a voice he recognized, and in his frenzied state he thought that this enemy he had made was not alone. He turned to glare at the oncoming figure of the bear-like Aeliana, and only then did he recognize her; this tiny window, this slip of his attention, gave his opponent some leeway. Her small red body was already moving away from him and Revui loosed a frustrated snarl when he realized they were out of his reach again. He was huffing and puffing from all the exertion of moving his large body around in the snow, but loosed a rumble from his chest all the same — directed at the strangers. Both of them. One for being a threat, the other for getting in the way.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
[She's mostly wolf bc her dad was a pure wolf and her mom is a saint bernard dog mixed with wolf but never knew it, so she's got a decent amount of wolf in her. I wouldn't really dictate blood for fight advantage, I don't care either way tho]

Cadeau heard a voice calling for the bully to stop, or was it for her to stop fighting back? Who even knew, her gut told her to take this moment of confusion to try and escape. Savior or accomplice Cadeau was not sticking around to find out with the bloody wounds on her body. The stranger was focused on the female and Cadeau without hesitating shot off into the forest as if her tail were on fire, shaking like a leaf and wanting to sob out her fear and frustration the fight left her with.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aeliana stood between the two with a huff and before she could speak to the smaller she-wolf, she bolted without a word, "W-Wait! We're sorry! Do you want to..." She ran after her, but by the time she did the other she-wolf was long gone, " ...join our pack...?"She stops and lets out a sigh before looking to Revui with a huff.

"We're trying to get wolves to join Kamiki, not chase them off..." She said as she turned to walk away, "Names Aeliana by the way. Issun brung me into this little ragtag group of his, as packmates, I hope we build a healthy, trusting relationship with one another. " With that, she turned and walked away, back to her post at the borders.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.