Hushed Willows bad actors with bad habits
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Gimme @Lilly

Olive had spent the past several hours with @Séamus, preening his butterscotch fur and listening to him babble, as if he was still a diminutive, young cub at heart. As a mother, Olive loved to spend time with Séamus and as a people-person, Olive also loved to spend with him — he was a delightful, sweet boy with a heart of gold, and the woman always felt soothed when she was near him. He was a boy which entertained not a single evil thought, she was sure of it, and the sylph was proud to have filled the world with personalities like that of Séamus.

At the same time, Olive wondered just how her two litters could have been so different — one litter dark and murderous, the other light and sing-songy in ways that were impossible for her to ignore The obvious difference makers were their genes [dakarai always had that sweet sadness clinging to him, while the mysterious pale man had nothing of the sort], their raising [one litter had fled in despair, while the other traveled with hope] and their parental figures [seabreeze’s touch had a tendency to melt all she met, child or otherwise]. It did make Olive feel quilty for providing Aries, Cassiopeia and Sirius with such a poor childhood, but she had been so young — so young, and so in love, and so blinded because of it. Perhaps it was why Séamus and Eleuthera had stayed, while all her other children had left.

Anywho, the mother bid adieu to her eldest child and sent him scampering on his way, probably to annoy one of his sisters or find a feast that was only for him. She felt safe here and allowed the children to roam freely, as long as they stayed within the confines of their borders, which were strong and loud as the families settled their claim here. It was the most relaxed she had felt in god-knows-how-long, and leading into winter, ease was a lovely thing to feel. There was plenty to do, but starting a garden this late in the year was a fool’s errand and she was no help where filling the caches were concerned — so Olive bathed in a small creek nearby, enjoying the chill of the water before its eventual frigidity kept her from it.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
It was peaceful here. The babble of the stream was a comfort, and the sight of a friendly face even more so. Having already wandered down the bank, Lily hailed Olive with a bright bark, wagging her tail as she trotted slowly toward her, pelt--growing in thick for the winter--bouncing with each step.

Hallo, Olive, she said, pitching her voice slightly higher to be heard over the water. That looks nice. Cold, though? The blackbird giggled, sitting back on her haunches with a small sigh. How are you? I've scarcely seen you since we've arrived.

She didn't know Olive very well, though what she did know, she liked. She knew that Seabreeze held the woman in high esteem, and quite honestly, that was enough for Lily. Still, it was her duty to delve further--and even if it wasn't, it was a pleasure. They weren't at Broken Boulder anymore. This was their home. All of them.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive melted into the water, as frigid as it was — like an ice bath for an athlete, her travel-weary muscles began to release their tension and the woman began to feel as though she was one with the water. For the shrouded druid, oneness was always the goal and to feel it so full right then was a treat she relished. Also, not unlike the Buddha who once said (according to pinterest, so yah know, take it with a grain of salt), 'thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared', Olive was most happy when she discovered that she was no longer alone. The willows were a compact and quaint territory after all, so when Lily arrived, Olive cheering chuffed and bade her welcome. 

“Cold? I suppose it is,”  the woman responded thoughtfully, glancing down at the water which wonderfully swirled and twirled around her submerged chest and hips.   “but it’s highly therapeutic. Care to join?”  After moving aside to allow more room for Lily should she acquiesce, Olive continued to answer the blackbird’s questions.   “I am relieved. We can finally settle and be the pack that we want to be.”  Verdant gaze glanced down, and Olive fell silent for a moment, before quietly asking   “Are you happy?”  It was a loaded question, as Olive knew Lily had grown quite close to the man Khali — and furthermore, she couldn’t imagine who wouldn’t be happy in Elysium — but she didn’t want to distill Lily’s emotions for her. All for one and one for all, right?

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily grimaced, hesitating, but ultimately acquiesced. Why not try it out? Her muscles were stiff with nerves as she stepped into the water, shivering profusely almost immediately. Therapy by torture? she joked, chuckling weakly. She waded closer to Olive, hoping to leech some of the woman's warmth through osmosis, though still kept a few inches away. They weren't that close, yet.

She nodded, but didn't expect the question that came next. For the first time in a while, she answered truthfully. Yes, Lily said, teeth clacking slightly. I am very happy. We have a beautiful home and a fresh start. Khali has been so wonderful, Freddie is here. . .it's all perfect. Literally perfect. She looked over at Olive, beaming. Are you happy?

The pale fae seemed happy, but one could never be sure.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The pale sylph watched blithely as the other woman entered the chilly water and waded closer. It took a lot of trust to put oneself into an uncomfortable situation for nothing more than promises and hopes. In a way, Olive felt similarly about Lily and Elysium. She surely did not want to disappoint the one who had done so much to support she and Seabreeze. They were council members together, tasked with the leading of this group of wolves, and the sisterhood which was created from that was hard to touch. If they weren’t close yet, they surely would be soon. “Hahaha, in a way, yes,” she cheered, allowing the girl to come as close as she wished.

Then, Olive let Lily speak her peace and was glad for it.
“I am so happy you see it in that way,” she agreed wholeheartedly. “Elysium is not the place for everyone, and we are so lucky to have you.” There had been those that had left willing — and even those who had died — during their transition to a new pack model. “I am happy too. It is nice to know that my family is finally safe, within the willows, with all new friends.”  Olive had long since given into the idea that safety was a fallacy, but they were sure giving it a good try here within the hushed grove. “Tell me more about Khali,” she asked provocatively, wishing to glean a little bit of Lily’s newly-wed glow through her words. 

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
It seemed odd that Olive spoke of being lucky to have her, considering that Lily had been there long before the pale woman. She didn't think of it in a haughty way; rather, she was thinking why she shouldn't be saying that herself. Olive and Seabreeze were additions, and damn good ones, too. They had changed the sanctuary for the better, and she was glad of it.

Well, ditto, Lily responded, laughing as she found the words inadequate. I'm glad you and Seabreeze and the children found us. We needed each other. We still do.

She flushed as Olive spoke of Khali, looking away with a grin. I didn't expect it, she admitted, rolling her eyes up to the canopy as she thought of their first encounter. He was so surly. But then I learned he was troubled. We grew closer, and then after Vilkas left. . . She shrugged, the water rippling around her. It just fell into place.

Lily sighed softly, glancing at the other. He's kind, and thinks of others first, the blackbird murmured. He's not the guy I ever thought I'd fall for. . .but I have, so that's that.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
“Friends will always need one another,” Olive agreed softly. “You and the rest of Bracken Sanctuary saved my family, it is the least we can do to return the favor.”Then, it was so cute the way that Lily’s face lit up when she had the chance to speak of her beloved. In her previous life with Dakarai, perhaps she too once spoke so sweetly about her love. Her love with Seabreeze was calmer and steadier and built upon pragmatism, but it ran deeper. It was nice to glean some of these passions from the young blackbird. “Oh, I love the troubled ones too,” she conceded. There was something so intriguing about the ones experienced what she likely never would. They made such interesting character studies. “They know how to love the hardest. It takes darkness in order to appreciate light.”

Then, she continued back to the topic at hand, not wanting to get wrapped up in her own ramblings. “But he is kind to you, and that is what matters.” With a glimmer in her eyes, the midwife questioned with a single word: “Pups?” 

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn't love the troubled ones. Not before Khali. Truthfully, she hadn't had much experience with trauma before coming here. Her family, her childhood, had been so idyllic. Her ideal man was easy and breezy, worldly but without the scars to prove it. Ali's depths of sorrow had rattled her to her core. But then along came Khali. . .

Pups?

I don't know, Lily giggled, though any smart wolf could find the glimmer of uncertainty in her eyes. I want them, yes. And I think he does, too. It would be, erm, my first litter. I'm-- She gave Olive a furtive stare, uncharacteristically shy. I'm kind of scared, really. About all of it. Being pregnant, giving birth, raising babies. . .

She tilted her head slightly, blinking. Is that okay? Is it normal to be scared, or should I take it as a bad sign. . .like I shouldn't do it?
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Now this was a topic that Olive absolutely adored — pups, and everything about them. There was something about their sweet innocence that always entranced her and kept her occupied for not hours and days, but for weeks and months, maybe even her entire lifetime. It had always been in her blood, for Olive’s dear mother was a midwife as well, but it took time for Olive to discover these proclivities within herself. After her first litter, it was all over. Olive would have babies, and help others have babies, for as long as her body and mind were able.

But, that did not mean that others felt the same way. The pale sylph easily recognized the unrest in Lily’s expression and voice, and wanted to quell such reservations if the blackbird truly did want to have children.
“Oh now, don’t be silly!” she tittered, her facial expression folding into something between slight astonishment and fond adoration. Olive herself have dove into motherhood so fast with Dakarai, there hadn’t even been a question in her mind. To see someone thinking so logically about it was endearing. Olive continued, “It is always scary the first time. The stakes are high, after all. But, Seabreeze and I are both experienced mothers and midwifes — you would be in best of hands.”

Still, this was a very personal topic that the woman had invited herself into, and Olive did not want to minimize what a life-altering decision this was to make. “I think you should absolutely do it, if that is truly what you want. Let your heart guide you — Children make a sweet life even sweeter.” With a cant of her head and a smile, she offered “If you would like, I can see what the stars have to say about it.”

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
At Olive's first exclamation, Lily shot her a sheepish smile, ducking her head. She peered out of the corner of her eye like a nervous child, nodding at the sylph's offer of help. When the stars were mentioned, she lifted her chin again, face coming to life once more.

Oh, yes, that would be wonderful, she answered, though not quite sure what that would entail. Her own mother was an expert star-reader, and could divine the future from the sky. To Lily, it was just a bunch of shimmering dots. Pretty shimmering dots, but meaningless, at least to her. But if Olive had her mother's magic. . .

I would like that, Lily continued, voice warm. And I'll take any help I can get. From you, Seabreeze, or anyone else. It took a village, after all. Lord knew it had taken several to raise Lily and her littermates.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
awww shall we close up and continue that new thread of ours? :)

Olive smiled at the girl’s sheepish, then very enthusiastic, reaction. Olive turned her head to the side, eyes all squinty from the intensity of her smile, and offered the young blackbird her side to embrace if she wished. "Don’t worry Lily,” she started, almost laughingly, and with a cheerfulness from Lily’s infectious demeanor. “We love you, and you deserve this. I will share with you what the Gods say about it, but the answer is already within you. Listen deeply, for it speaks softly.” and Olive hung her head, a little way to negate her own skill... but it was true!

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
let's do it!

She listened, entranced by Olive's words. She wondered what the gods would have to say. There had never been anything within herself greater than her own conscience, she thought, but perhaps she hadn't been listening close enough.

Lily was still thinking of it all when she pulled herself from the water, dripping, and wished Olive a fond farewell until the next time their paths crossed.