Stone Circle From one lake to another
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Joining 
Several sunrises and sunsets of traveling through snow, occasionally taking breaks during her travels to drink, rest, and scavenging off of carcasses she happened to find, led her the far east of Rising Sun Valley, where the lands were flatter and less mountainous,  lands where she spotted Bison off in the distance, they were huge, bigger than Elk, more dangerous too, bulk-wise anyways. She licked her lips wondering how they would taste, silently wishing one of them would keel over right now so she could have a bite. For now, she left them alone explored following her nose, smelling the lingering scents of wolves till she met the border and stopped herself just before she met it. 

A few sniffs told her that this was a pack and a large one, unlike the one she was previously in, it was not to say she didn’t have her heart in Kamiki, she wanted to see it grow and become a strong and healthy pack but it just seemed .. stagnate, it was only them six and no other wolf came to them to join nor did anyone come back with any new face. She looks back for a moment, back at her old home that was miles and miles, wishing the best for her once-packmates before backing off the border and running off…

An hour and a half later, Aeliana soon returned to the border with a kill in her mouth, a small pheasant wasn’t anything special and it took a bit to catch, she still needs to improve her hunting skills but it was nice to bring a gift for the leader of this pack. She dropped the bird at her feet, she was a bit nervous, and ... kind of scared but nonetheless, she took a deep breath and lets out a somewhat deep calling howl from her throat, announcing her presence to any one of the pack's wolves that were nearby.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The evening breeze that swept through the territory not only brought with it the smell of the pack and prey around, but a stranger who was by any guess, at their border. Long before the loner called to him did he smell her, the wafting of her scent thick in the air and a refreshing change from the sweet smell of mating season that seemed to cling to everything around him—testing the patriarch's patience and monogamy with every longing minute.

Steering himself to the border with a posture that equaled his rank, Greyback swept down to greet her. His hulking frame rivaling hers, albeit more muscular and fatter. He stood silently for a bit, his eyes watching her before he looked down at the pheasant laid at her paws with a raised brow, curious if it was a gift or just something she caught herself. "Welcome, I am Greyback— patriarch and protector of Easthollow. What brings you to our borders, Miss.." He trailed off, waiting for her to introduce herself.

Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
She noticed how large the grizzled sooty-grey male was, he kind of reminded her of her massive father minus the stoic nature and being partially mute. “Aeliana.” She responded, continuing his trail off, she bowed slightly, a small dip of the head, it was something taught by birth when it came to those of higher rank as by his posture, body language, and title, he was one of the Alphas of the pack, “I traveled here from the far west, hoping to find a pack join and I found yours. I was wondering if you’re willing to have me in your pack.” She stated.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
'Aeliana.' Greyback nodded to the name, storing it in his head. It was a fine name, strongly fitting to the girl's hulking appearance with a pleasant ring.

He watched as Aeliana dipped her head to him, and in return he dipped back with haste. He could tell she was kind; she had manners, and those were reasons enough for the large male to like her. Though he remained unwavering, staring at her closely with a calculated gaze he would give to any stranger who strolled upon his home territory. "I hope your travels fared well," he stated, looking her up and down and taking in the sunken appearance of her figure. It was painfully obvious to him that the large female hadn't been eating well. He glanced down at the pheasant she brought once again, grimacing slightly at the fact it might be a gift.

"-And pray tell, what do you know of us? I certainly hope you aren't just blindly joining packs. Such behavior can be dangerous." he admonished, his brows lifting and figure looming much like a sire would to their whelp. "Easthollow is always welcoming of others, but we need all of our members—young and small to understand the basis of our pack."

Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
It was alright…” She said. It was a long trip through what seems like an endless sea of snow, she had to stop once the winds picked up too much for her to bare. She was glad she made it to the region.

Her ears flicked back slightly as she was asked that question, “... Um…” She went quiet for a moment, not knowing what to say or where to start, she could...lie but, she didn’t like lying. Her Mother taught her that well enough, Lairs are never trusted because you never know when a liar is lying or telling the truth when in a pack, you always tell the truth and be honest. As Honest is the best way. But what is there that could say, “I…

Her eyes fell to the ground as her ears pressed tightly against her head, she felt like she was a pup again being scolded by her Mother, “...Nothing… I know nothing about your pack... I follow the old scents of others wolves and it led me here... ” Aeliana admitted, honestly, as she soon sat down, “...I’m sorry… it’s just… I’m not… …” She takes a deep breath before continuing, “ … ...I barely know how to hunt or even fend for myself…” She looked down at the pheasant, “I barely managed to catch this pheasant and it was left wing was injured…” Aeliana looks Greyback in the eye for a moment, “Far outside these lands, where I came from, my birth pack, we never had to worry about these things — we never had to hunt because we were given food by these flat-faced aliens, who stand on their hind legs and has no fur or claws or fangs and we never had to learn to fight because our territory was enclosed by metal and rock…” She sits up more slightly, her face more firm, “...I’m not saying this... because I'm begging or looking for pity… I want to join a pack, this pack, so I can learn these basic things that I should have been taught back when I was a pup, to help provide for the pack instead of being the one provided … I’m willing to learn and understand about your pack’s morales if you allow me. ” She finished with conviction and determination in her voice.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was late to arrive. This was mostly because she felt that her heat was starting and she was preparing for it. No heat came from one day to the other, her body was slowly getting ready for it as well. More hormones raging through her body that would slowly give her that typical scent which probably meant she was in proestrus. Not that the female knew those terms, she felt that she would go in heat soon.

The female trotted to her mate at the border. At first she was surprised to see such a large wolf almost rivaling Greyback in size. And curiously enough it seemed to be a female. Valette flattened her ears, she was not in the mood to deal with females, she usually became more bitchy towards other females when in heat. She just didn't want anyone to breed while she did. Valette caught part of the conversation. The female was talking about aliens. What ever were aliens? She never heard that. A territory of metal and rocks? This was getting ever crazier.

Her hazel eyes scanned the female. Had she eaten herbs she shouldn't have suppose to eat? Valette's tail was raised high as she continued to listen to the female who said that she didn't want their pity. "We usually don't take in wolves that can't help provide for the pack. Are there other things you can do? Because if you don't want our pity then we are not going to raise you as our adult pup," Valette commented to the female. In fact, their pack had a very high morale and would help a family member but to become one a wolf would have to prove themselves.

Valette then realized that she hadn't introduced herself. Very different from how she usually greeted strangers on the borders. "I'm Valette, Matriarch of Easthollow," she introduced, lifting her muzzle. "Have you eaten something you shouldn't have because what you are telling us sounds like a made up story," Valette admitted, not really having a filter at the moment. She couldn't help it.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
She soon noticed the female as she walked into the conversation, a female that happened to be the second Alpha, she bows her head, "Aeliana. Nice to meet you." She would be lying if she felt a bit more nervous, she had both of the Leaders of the pack here. Her ears rose as she asked if she had eaten something she shouldn't, she shook her head, "I haven't. As out of this world it sounds, they're real, but I don't blame you for not believing it. If I was in your position and heard such a thing, I'd think the same thing." She doesn't blame anyone, it was the reason she keeps it to herself, she hadn't seen those beings since she ran and she was glad. Most likely they would have dragged her back into that metal box they carried her in.

When she asked if had other skills, she nodded confidently, "Yes. I have experience with the young — pups. In my birth pack, I watched over the pups in the dens and kept eye on them, keep them out of trouble. I'm not a professional at it, but I do the job well. Ensuring the future of the pack is secure and well-taught is something I want to get into. " She stated to them. Her mass of fur and the warmth that radiated from it was good at keeping pups warm under the cold windy nights, she had a keen eye and made sure the pups didn't wander too far from the dens. She could watch the dens while the pack hunts and go out to eat for herself when they return if anyone gets close to the dens, they'll see her first before they see the pups, when they are around. Though they didn't have to worry about any bear or cougar attacks, the pack didn't like the thought of the aliens being anywhere near them.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
It seemed  I was skipped so I had to react to more posts then I normally do. Sorry for this monster!

He continued to watch closely as the girl stumbled on her words, her talk appearing long and drawn out—her words quiet as she slumped down towards the earth. Greyback wasn't sure why she was acting so cowardice.

Until she spoke.

As Aeliana went on about her journey and travels his gaze grew heavier, his brows knitting as his suspicions were confirmed. This girl did not know how to hunt, yet here she was catching for them. He held her stare as she looked at him; he did not waver. A wolf who didn't know how to hunt or fend for themselves had no place among them— and the... aliens? enclosed by metal and rock? Greyback raised a brow and such a statement.

It was when he heard the familiar paw-steps and smell that he tore his gaze from Aeliana and turned his head over his right shoulder to see his mate approach, her presence immediately cracking the tensed features of his face and piecing them back together into a smile. "Valette," he greeted, his voice a soft tone. He could tell she was bordering on heat, but said nothing, only opting to turn back to the stranger with a face that held suspicion.

He was a bit shocked by the Matriarch's words, never seeing her without a filter when on the border, but perhaps she was right. However, the she-wolf's response only put him off more. "You are right, we do not believe you— never before have we heard of such things. You mean to tell us your family was kept by strange creatures, and because of them you know nothing about how to survive?" He didn't want to believe the girl. He wouldn't. He continued to loom over her with suspicion.

When she nodded to Valette's question he cut her off toward's the end. "Anyone can watch over a whelp, and we certainly have enough trusted member's who will gladly do so." He said harshly. Greyback wasn't sure what came over him, but the thought of this alien-talking female being near their pups disgruntled him immensely. He was not going to let a wolf who had no life skills care for his young, especially teach them about things she did not know herself. "Valette is right, we are not going to raise you as our own pup. Teaching you everything you need to know will take time and effort, time that we do not have and effort that can be spent on something more paramount." The thought of teaching another wolf alongside Vespera made his gut swirl.

Greyback took a step back, his large frame swaying and paws pounding as he ready to leave the female at the border. "I suggest you find somewhere else to reside, Miss Aeliana. Or at least learn how to fend for yourself without help of the... aliens, before you return." He spared a glance at Valette, weary of what she would think. He had never turned someone away before, nor did he ever see Valette do the same. But the feeling he got from this female coupled with the rush of the season's hormones made something within him change.

For better or for worse, he did not know.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hummed at the greeting of her mate and stood close to him. She felt naturally drawn to him. She was glad that Greyback didn't believe the female either. Valette had not met these creatures and it sounded very strange that the female would get food from them. Valette noticed that Greyback was getting a bit agitated as well, perhaps it was her hormones that had an effect on him.

She was glad that Greyback agreed that they didn't want to raise her like some adult pup. They would have their own pups soon and did not have the time for a female that needed to learn everything from scratch. They already had one like that, Vespera. She was a handful but part of the family now. She caught the alpha female on a good day and had been not been telling fantasy stories. They also had Aerasha that needed parental guidance at times.

"Keep the bird. You need it more than us," Valette spoke to the female. "Unfortunately, we don't need the skills you are offering and we currently don't have the time to raise you as wolves seeing the current season," Valette stated to the female. "I have to agree with my mate. We cannot offer you a home at this moment." She was surprised that it sounded warmer. Her usual tone.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
She felt something twist and wretch in her chest, her mind swirled with emotions like a powerful hurricane hitting land and ripping it apart with its powerful winds. She wanted to roar out in anger, to cry. She felt like just biting into herself and ripping out a huge chunk of fur and flesh, leaving a gaping wound on her body. Why would she talk about them?! She was an idiot! An outright fool! She knew it, she should have kept her mouth shut, it was a passing thought but it flew out of her mouth at the moment. Of course, they would think she was some crazed nutjob, who munches on strange herbs after hearing her. And now it all cost her a position in a pack. But when she truly thought about it, she wasn't really surprised, she barely knew how to hunt, she didn't know how to fight and limited experience in something that any old wolf in a pack could do. When she said she didn't want their pity, she didn't want to feel weak, but... she wasn't just weak...she was helpless..., nothing changed since she ran from them. It only grew more apparent...

She didn’t show this in her face amazingly, she looked a bit disheartened, yes,  but everything else, she managed to keep inward at least until she was alone, “I...understand.” There was nothing she could do, these were the Leaders of the pack and she respects their word, “It was nice meeting you both. May our paths cross again soon.” She picked up her Pheasant and turned to head away from the borders.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He was put at ease when Valette shared her last words to the large female who, dishearteningly, picked up the pheasant and left. He half expected Aeliana to say something back to them other than her few sparse departing words, but he wasn't complaining. He opted to say nothing to her, only nodding in appreciation before he watched her go with a simple look, his eyes tracking her form until it disappeared over the hill line.

It was then that he turned to Valette and let out a hefty sigh. "Why don't we do something about that smell of yours?"