Shadewood Cold & Quiet
16 Posts
Ooc — slimestone
Darkmoon grumbled to himself about the cold weather, never one to enjoy this time of year. A thin layer of snow covered the ground, remaining thanks to the overcast weather. The sky and ground could have melded into one, if they weren’t broken up by a distant treeline and even further mountain range.
    Darkmoon was moving along the open expanse between the two rivers, walking gingerly along the cold ground. The land seemed completely bare, empty; it was almost totally silent. He paused for a moment to look around himself, feeling uneasy with the apparent peace. It only felt as though something was about to happen, only he did not know what.

@Cry
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
All lay silent because a predator was on the hunt. For what though? The Family was fed, the woods were still full of game, and the predator himself was rather sated.
So what was he truly searching for?

Despite Gwen telling him others would flock to them as they needed it, Cry was too stuck in his ways, patrolling the borders for both threats and potential half-frozen bodies who either begged for solace or begged for death. He’d deliver both into whichever they requested, should it prove most useful to the Keep, but everything was artificial. The borders only had the few scents he had accumulated, and even some of those few had come to be gone from sight. Kai might have hibernated with Kovertol for all he knew. Arrowbella might have gone with her. Phex, he knew, was still out and about romping around and finding all of everything to busy herself with. Recently, she had requested a trip to Red Hawk territory just to introduce herself and the Keep, and despite his inner screamings of ‘NO, possibly dangerous, we don’t have the numbers, right now to defend’, Gwen had remained optimistic and thus he allowed it.

Regardless, the Ebonian was settled in his ways of claiming this land for his family, and though it was weak enough to penetrate through and more capable wolves take it from them, he would fight until he couldn’t anymore. 
The glacial gaze of the obsidian Watcher crossed over the body of another dark wolf. Though not as void-hued as himself, Cry could easily pick out this unaware wolf from the stillness of the world around them. It was the gift of his Assassin life, and he used it well for deciphering the situation as it would be. 

This occurance was no different. 
Deciding this wolf was no threat to the meager numbers he held, Cry chose to break from the camouflage of dark trunks, and walked forward. Despite his attempt to make himself known audibly, his pads made no sound. His steps were simply naturally soundless. So instead, the Assassin chuffed a greeting to the swiftly moving male. 

“Hello.”

Standing flacidly but aware, auds locked into this soul before him. Was this their next inclusion? Or would this be another wolf who’s body he’d have to hide under a mound of dirt and snow?
16 Posts
Ooc — slimestone
A huff broke the silence, and Darkmoon whirled around to find its source. A shadow greeted his eyes, moving silently along the ground, even through the deadly silence. This newcomer was not a hulking oaf of a wolf, but he had a dangerous air about him nonetheless. Darkmoon regarded him quietly, outwardly calm but frantic beneath, his heart beating hard in his chest. He felt uneasy and hoped to avoid a confrontation.
    Darkmoon nodded his head towards the other in greeting, although his tongue was caught in his throat. His mouth felt dry and tacky, but it’s not like he had much to say anyway. What is there to say to someone who’s come up to you out of the blue? There were a few choice words Darkmoom might use in the situation, but he felt they would be a bad idea in the current context. Maybe this meeting would reach a conclusion without any harm to his own self, if only he could keep his tongue in check.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Easy enough this meeting seemed to be as no hostility was brought between them. Though through instinct, Cry could somewhat feel the uneasy energy from the lupine before him, and decidedly he acted on it. However, instead of furthering it, Cry meant to diminish it, and make whoever this was feel a bit less uncomfortable.

”I’m Cry,” he tossed out there with his redeemed baritones. “What’s your name?” He hadn’t taken any steps forward, as to not send the male skittering off. Gave him all the personal space.
16 Posts
Ooc — slimestone
(Sorry! I had placement at the beginning of January and I’m always bad at restarting after a pause D;)

Darkmoon mulled over whether or not he should say his name. This was a stranger wolf in a land unknown to him - would it be a mistake? However, Cry showed no indication of hostility or aggression towards him which evoked a subconscious sense of comfort in him.
    ”Darkmoon,” he replied brusquely, flicking his tail in an effort to appear nonchalant. “Are you...from around here?” Darkmoon ventured self-consciously, unsure of the appropriate progression for this conversation, but at least he gave something a go.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Don't worry hun, im def just as bad as you are; I completely understand! xDDDD Mind if we forward this to present? Might help with the both of our muses. O_o

Cry smiled internally at the perplexity of this situation as it grew with every passing second. Though his Family was well off, they were a hidden gem he kept secreted within the already mysterious junglesque woods. It was no wonder this male knew not where he journeyed. But Cry wasn't upset- polar blues could see this man was new, and ignorance saved as many as it damned. 

"I am," he nodded. "These woods belong to my Family and I." A light chuckle to ease the company further. "In fact, I originally thought you were one of the newer wolves of the Keep- hence us having a conversation with you rather than showing you the borders." The Phantom was a polite Guardian, very aware of all that went down in his home. He had a few whom he could rely on to find him, should need be. But most issues he tried to keep burdened to himself. The details would of course be shared to his Trusted later on, but only after he ensured there was no lingering dangers. "Pleasure meeting you, Darkmoon." The dip of his crown punctuated the exchange. "Were you looking for anything in particular? A place to rest, perhaps?"
16 Posts
Ooc — slimestone
(Ugh I am so sorry, I am terrible at this! It's a crappy excuse but uni has been a massive drag.... Should we try to tie this up instead of salvaging the mess it has become? P: I'm happy if you want Cry to try to get him to stay or they can go their separate ways, either-or)

Darkmoon could not help but snort at Cry's reply, although he caught himself quickly as he understood the gravity of the situation. It seemed as though he had stumbled onto a pack's territory, and it was very much implied - in fact, openly said - that had he not been mistaken for one of the pack's members their exchange would have gone quite differently. Despite this, Cry was being quite generous and forthcoming with support, or so it appeared to Darkmoon, going so far as offering him respite if it was needed. Darkmoon could not help but harbour some amount of respect for the wolf, although not enought to let him know.
    "I was not looking for anything in particular, although it is true that I have been wandering on my own for quite some time now..." he paused for a second, lost in his own thoughts. "...and it is true that this past winter was difficult." He paused and looked at Cry for an uncomfortably long moment in an attempt to gather his thoughts. "But," he continued, reluctantly, cursing his stubbornness or self-destructive desire to be alone, or whatever it was that made him turn down the offer. "I'm not...I do not require a place to rest." His expression remained stoic and emotionless, but his fumbling over an answer betrayed his inner turmoil.