Stone Circle In which titles are overrated so have a RP
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
All Welcome 
The wolfdog kept on traveling, not caring where she went so long as she was as far as possible. Whether the direction was north, south, east, west or even inbetween did not matter to her, she didn't have anywhere planned to go. Cadeau wrinkled her nose as a wind struck her face, carrying with it what seemed to be the scent of other canines... she strained her face, realizing with a little jolt they were hardly the domestic sort she'd grown up with back home in the town. No, these were very clearly wolves. Despite sharing half her DNA with them, Cadeau felt nothing but eeriness when she thought about the wild cousins. Her father hadn't been entirely feral, some would say Snowy was more dog than a wolf despite his blood being pure. He was docile, he was kind and he was gentle, words she never heard her fellow dogs and the humans say when they spoke of wolves. She decided to try and lay low, not wanting to have an encounter with any strangers. So avoiding the possibility of crossing a marked border, she walked along where the scent of wolf was fainter, hoping it would lead her away from it. Heart thumping anxiously, Cadeau skimmed her eyes along the tree line and many rocks.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
King was on the hunt for bison. Not to eat them, but to watch them and learn their ways. Hearing from her own daughter that Valette definitely did hunt them was a little emasculating, since before that King would've been happy to leave them in peace for the rest of eternity. But if that was the way of this pack, he was going to have to adjust.

The male was ranging the outskirts of Easthollow's territory when he came across a shewolf he'd definitely not met before. As he drew nearer and caught her scent, he realized why that was - it was an outsider, and a loner if her scent didn't lie.

"Hey there," he called out, loping forward with loose, long strides. His stance was an unstudied neutral, as it ususally was, and he gave a few jaunty wags of his tail for good measure.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
All Welcome 
The young bitch couldn't help but tense her muscles up when the scent of wolf grew ever stronger. Cadeau's ears pulled back, turning when she heard a voice call out to her. It sounded friendly enough, she decided to remain cautious, not wanting to trust just anyone because they appeared to not want to harm her. She'd never seen a wolf that wasn't her father and so she let her eyes skim the male over, trying to hide her curiousity despite it being tinged in fear and caution. "...Hello," Cadeau said, swallowing the lump in her throat. She didn't turn her back on him, not wanting to risk being jumped in a surprise attack. "I am just passing through." She made sure to keep her voice calm and firm. Cadeau wasn't here to cause trouble.
65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
Drawing nearer still, King noticed a few odd things about her features. Perhaps she wasn't fully wolf, but that had never been something he thought much about. They were all meat, at the end of the day, so a wolf's personality mattered to him a whole lot more than their bloodline. He wasn't sure about this one on either count.

"I'll let you get to that, then," he replied, thinking it was a bit suspicious of the wolf to be just passing through so close to Easthollow's borders. She wasn't trespassing, so King wasn't about to behave aggressively toward her, but he still paced alongside the woman, keeping several yards' buffer between them. He planned to see her past Easthollow just to be sure she was telling the truth, and of course, didn't see why they had to spend that time in silence.

"Headed anywhere in particular?"
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Is he going to follow me like a gosling? Cadeau thought, feeling her stomach clench in discomfort at having a shadow the entire way out. She gave him a careful look, biting back the urge to ask him to not trail alongside her. However she had a hunch that would seem suspicous, even if in truth she had no reason to be so. She was just traveling. At his question, she looked away and shook her head. The less others knew about her the better. "I'm just going where the wind takes me," she said in a cool voice.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback cameo!

The wind broke on his back as snow clung in heaps on his fur, speckling his darker coat in white; but still the Easthollow wolf stood tall on the hill, his large dark frame clear against the snow-covered backdrop of the land as he stared down at the two while far away. He had smelt the stranger on the wind before she arrived at the border, but his pack mate had arrived first. Not wanting to overcrowd, he watched as they conversed with an amber gaze—still, silent.

A particular large gust of wind from behind caused his long fur to tangle in the wind, making it possible they might smell him as well. But Greyback didn't mind if he was spotted. He just wanted to make sure King was alright and the Easthollow border was safe. He would stand for a few more minutes before enviably seeing the young male could handle it and turning to leave, his frame disappearing into the snowy wind from once he came.

65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
It was pretty clear the girl didn't want to talk, so King kept his mouth shut. For once, it was not out of mere politeness, but out of a lack of desire to interact with someone who wanted nothing to do with him.

Without much else to do, the male simply travelled nearby, keeping the girl in sight until she was far past their borders - all the while thinking her rather rude. There was no reason to get snippy with him just for doing his job, and she was the one who'd decided to come this close to the borders. She had to have known that the wolves of Easthollow would do their due dillegence? 

He did not realize that she'd known nothing of the sort, and thus, would continue to think rather poorly of her.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau had not meant to come across as mean to the wolf but she was not comfortable letting her guard down around him. Besides, why would a pack animal want to waste precious breath speaking to a mangy curr that was herself? She averted her eyes to her paws as she continue walking, having seen a large hulking gray mass watching them as well. It didn't help her frayed nerves. "I do not mean to seem uncouth," Cadeau said, tone soft. "I didn't know this was a pack territory, I will keep away from now on." There, she hoped at least she could try to show some kindness. Cadeau wasn't a nasty creature by any means but having been thrust into a world she tried to avoid so long did much weight to the youngster. She didn't want to hurt anyone, stranger or not.
65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
When she seemed to soften, King couldn't help but do so as well. He still didn't know why she had been so cold toward him, but it seemed she wasn't just being unrepentantly rude.

"You haven't trespassed, so I have no quarrel with you," he said in a firm but gentle voice, "and for what it's worth, I don't think you're lying to me. But I wouldn't be doing my job if I took your word for it, so you're stuck with my until Easthollow is behind you."

It was as simple as that. No matter what she was doing, she wasn't going to get a free ticket to linger outside their proverbial doors.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau knew he had a point there, if she were back home she was sure she would have reacted the same if a stray crossed into the abandoned yard her family had called theirs. She idly twitched an ear, eyes looking at the male wolf. "I can respect that," Cadeau told him in a honest voice. "This is just a new place for me, all of you make me nervous. I'm not sure where I'm even going." Quickly she jerked her head away, furrowing her brow. She thought he at least deserved some honesty.