Swiftcurrent Creek Dirty water, poison rain
☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Joining 
There is no detectable Easthollow scent on her, just to be clear!

Soon after the news hit her that Greyback was now the matriarch's mate, Dianne was gone. Without a word to anyone, she slipped out of the borders. She'd done a fairly good job of avoiding him, but his crowning position would make continuing to do nearly impossible. He was in power now, which made being in that pack even less safe for her. Her plan was to scout out a new pack without officially leaving Easthollow, choosing a different direction every day to search the surrounding area. Dianne knew of Lost Creek Hollow, but it was much too close for her peace of mind — not to mention how the two packs were very familiar with each other. There was no convincing reason she could possibly give for wanting to switch from Easthollow to Lost Creek Hollow without being honest, and that was completely out of the question.

And that is what brought her to this pack's doorstep. It wasn't terribly far, but this arrangement (like the last) was meant to be temporary. It should do for now. Dianne had taken care to rid the Easthollow scent from her pelt long before she arrived, having thoroughly rolled in snow and rubbed against various trees for good measure. It'd have been easier if taking a dip weren't a death sentence at this time of year, but oh well. She tipped her head back to call out, requesting the presence of the pack's higher-ups. Then, she would wait.
Don't make me your enemy.

Dianne can be incredibly rude & insensitive.
Her thoughts & actions do not reflect my own.
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The sky was reasonably clear as Soltero ambled toward the borders, stretching his muscles after a short nap - his time was generally spent studying the waters of the creek itself, counting the populations of fish or simply observing the miniscule ecosystems that could be witnessed from above the rippling surface. If that was not eating up his days, he'd be patrolling around the fringes of the swiftcurrent claim, napping, hunting or engrossing himself in other wolfy things. 

He was beginning to become somewhat adjusted to the life of a pack, and so when the call had risen on the frigid wind, the smoky traveller had picked himself up and instinctively followed the sound, emerging from the undergrowth to meet the blue gaze of a stranger; an unfamiliar woman draped in monochrome (minus the gold flecks that glimmered in the unforgiving sunlight). Soltero's tail swayed high as he approached, though his demeanor was not aggressive - his communication skills were still not the greatest, but he was working on it, and improvements were already beginning to show. 

"What brings you to the creek?" Came the low rumble of a voice, gaze stretching out as if to search for clues. Might she be seeking a home?
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
It didn't take too long for a wolf to approach: a man who was also swathed in monochrome, except light touched his face instead of darkness. He held his tail high and stepped with resolution, indicating he was someone worth talking to. Dianne kept her own posture neutral and relaxed, though she was collected in a way that made her own confidence clear.

To his question, she answered, Greetings. I was interested in joining your pack, though I'd like to know more about it first. There was nothing but even coolness in her tone like the frigid water of a still pond.

124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She was clear in her words and the intentions behind - something Soltero appreciated greatly; often he found it tricky to pick apart the meaning of what was being said to him, and it took his brain an extra few heartbeats to come up with any sort of response. Removing all the unnecessary chatter made his job far simpler. 

The grey beta gave a swift nod of his chin, glancing at the trees behind (in search for Constantine) before opening his jaws to speak. "Our name is Swiftcurrent Creek - named after the creek that runs through the center of the territory. We've got room, but we are stable when it comes to numbers and have enough resources to survive in the worst of weather," at least, he was pretty sure. Unless some giant tornado ripped through the earth right over their heads, the Valento was sure they'd be fine. "The creek is our main source of food - there's fish, and most of the creek does not freeze over when it gets too cold, so as long as you know the safe ways across, it provides well. There's other prey too, in case fishing isn't your strong suite." He'd given this talk so many times in the past moons, it fell easily off his tongue and for once he didn't have to give too much thought to a response. Then he hesitated, swiping over his lips in thought. Now what did he say?

"...Is, uh... there anything specific you wanted to know?"
But the rain never came
☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The wolf glanced behind him, and Dianne's crystalline gaze followed curiously. However, she saw nothing of interest, so her attention returned to him. This man seemed to be a higher-up but not a leader himself. Hopefully, a leader would arrive soon. He began listing off basic information about the pack, and the silver sylph listened closely despite her mask of indifference. The name was simple enough, and she tucked it away in her mind. Stability was good. She had no idea how to fish, but this would be a good opportunity to learn. Her current terrestrial hunting knowledge should still be of use.

To his question, she shrugged. As long as there's nothing of cultural significance I should know about, that should suffice, thank you, Was her answer. I would like to join your ranks. My name is Dianne. I'm a hunter, though I'm not familiar with fishing, but I can learn. Dianne spoke with collected pride, articulating each word. She left it at that, waiting to hear what his thoughts were. She didn't imagine it'd be terribly difficult to get accepted into this pack with how simple it sounded.

124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The beta nodded along, irises of ivy focused and stable - he had been aiming to work toward improving his demure way of speaking, primarily with the encouragement from Ruenna. With any hope, practice would make perfect; shifting out of his comfort zone and stepping into place alongside the regal who led the swiftcurrent wolves had proved a challenge for him, but one that he accepted readily. It was a good opportunity for him, one that his mother would have been proud of, and here was another thought that fueled the river in his veins.

"...It's nice to meet you, Dianne." He replied with a dip of his chin. "I'm Soltero." 

Her mention of fishing had his gaze shimmer, a ribbon of gold slinking through the green. "I can teach you, if you like?" came the gruff but well-meaning offer, eager to put his talents to use. If Constantine allowed the monochrome wolfess to join their ranks, he'd enjoy taking an extra afternoon to sit by the creek's edge and watch flashes of silver dart through the waves. But first, the ebony king had to arrive and form an opinion of his own; Soltero peered toward the stranger once before tipping his muzzle to the sky and calling for the alpha himself.
But the rain never came
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Soltero beckoned him to the borders, and the stocky form of the black wolf quickened his pace to see what the silver Beta required of him. 

It would seem another loner had made it to their home, and allowing his fiery eyes to sweep over her, he then settled his gaze to the male before giving a small nod of greeting. 

Slipping forward, the regal’s muzzle tilted up slightly, studying the woman with a withheld scrutiny. Hello, he offered, waiting to see who would offer why he had been called.
all you have is your fire