Shadewood Unspoken and Unforgiven
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
For @Cadeau ~

There was aplenty to do. While he had asked everyone to task themselves with patrolling and making the borders come alive with the seriousness of them attempting their claim, to begin laying Caches but discretely, Cry himself made much more effort to know who and what lay around their borders. He ran an entire circuit around the woods, weaving through and around the hibernating timbers. Running a direct stream of ebony possession across the hearty bark and dropping a light trickle of urine over everything and every other yard, Cry was hard at work. He had stirred up plenty of foliages, accidentally uncovering the sleeping greenery that waited for warmer temperatures. Covering back up what he could, the Assassin never stopped moving, both excercising his body and outright numbing his mind with the tedious work.

Frosty azures watch for anything and everything while he works, body lose and content to enjoy the world that he is making for his Family.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau felt tired and stressed, her jaws gaping in as she pant out her frustrations. No matter where she went she didn't feel far enough, safe enough... The young bitch shivered as the cold nipped her bones and threatened to make her turn to ice. She had been journeying for days with no end goal in sight. Cadeau had left home to keep her mother and others safe from her unpredictable instincts but what was her purpose for coming so far? The idea of encountering other wolves made her nervous and if the dogs back home hadn't been willing to accept her then why would the wolves? You just won't tell them anything. Who your mom and dad were doesnt concern them. I look plenty wolf enough... She took in a breath to calm herself, Cadeau stopping to nurse her sore bloodied paw pads. Suddenly she stiffened, picking up a strong scent of wolf and the sounds of hurried paw steps. Cadeau backed away slowly, not wishing to be seen. Why did so many wolves have to own so much of this forest? Couldn't she just get to enjoy some solitude without worrying about encountering them?
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

One smell all predators were attuned to-

Blood.
Something was wounded, and making itself much more near the forest than Cry would feel comfortable with. A growl threatened to disturb his plea of silence, but with extreme discipline he hushed the irate river of possessiveness. 

A few yards ahead, another figure stood stock still. In the darkening day, he could only just barely make out the most notable sheathe of reddish brown which draped over this four legged thing, but something screamed off to him. It was the original harassment of feeling he got when he first had met Kai, and this strange color pattern confirmed for him that this was no ordinary wolf. 

This is was a wolfdog. But it was hurt. 

Unknowing of whether he should kill it to prevent a trail back to his home, or whether it would have been best to simply help it, the Assassin was at another debacle. Depended really on whether this was a sane wolf or not. 

“Hey,” he called out from behind the dog.

”You need help.” He moreso stated it than asked, simply to see whether this dog was lucid or not.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau felt every hair on her body stand up when a voice reached out from behind her, causing the wolfdog to turn on her heel to face the source. It was a large mostly black wolf, he outsized her that was for sure and Cadeau knew if there was a fight she doubted she would come out the one least injuried. She gave a nervous twitch of her brown tipped tail, Cadeau not letting her eyes stray away from the wolf out of fear he would try to pounce her. Then again, he had the advantage before speaking out, wouldn't he have attacked her then? Cadeau tried letting her fur on her back lay flat but the anxiety was killing her. "I'm fine," Cadeau told him in a even tone. Was he referring to her frost bitten paws? "Its nary a flesh wound anyway."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Dogs, always trying to placate, to hide, to be present. Wolves, they were open, expressive - they had to be. If they didn’t take care of something, they were dead. Especially a wound. But as Cry knew it to be, he held no prejudice. He was no racist.

”You need help.” This time it was softer, as he didn’t want the dog to skitter away. She did in fact need help, and rather than her fleeing, he knew Gwen would be able to spruce her up. “My family can help you. Winter is no time to be alone.” Taking a step forward, the Phantom asked, “What’s your name, Miss?”
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau was taken by surprise that this stranger seemed intent on helping her, though she was worried it could be a trick to get her guard down. No... he could have attacked me at any time, what would he gain dragging it out anyway? She shuffled her paws as they ached. "There isn't much you can do for frost bite," Cadeau said, shaking her head. She gave a strained smile to be polite. At the mention of family She couldn't help the sad look that fluttered on her face for a split moment, she missed her mother and father with a thirst that couldn't be quenched. She didn't want to be rude even if she felt nervous being around this wolf. "I'm Cadeau. Um... who are you?" Perhaps a name to the face would help make her feel more at ease. Strangers were less intimidating that way...
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry had refrained from snorting at the youth's ignorance. If there was nothing to be done for frost bite, then everyone would have starved to death from their inability to hunt during these terrible times. 

Instead he watched her with his crystaline gaze, listening to her as she relinquished her name to him. “Cry,” he offered simply. He was giving her his alias as he had everyone else. No one knew his real name; this was soon to change for his mate, however. 

“Might seem kinda strange for a name though, yea?” He asked with a slight glint of humor on his lips.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau never thought any names could be odd, considering the many Fluffys and Wiggles and Booties she knew back in the old town she grew up in. A name like Cry was hardly strange to the amassed collection she'd heard in her lifetime. She managed a smirk that was more so felt than previously. "My father was called Snowy," she said in response. "Your name hardly makes me think 'odd'."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
For once, Cry was rather surprised. While Snowy was a far fetch from a depressing name like Cry, the Assassin appreciated this a little bit. The man forever assumed the worst, and after many years had grown accustomed to others thinking his alias weird, or saddening. 

“That’s rather interesting,” he remarked. 

It was starting to get darker darker as the night began to encroach upon them, and he could almost count the seconds before @Gwen would begin hunting him down. 

Plus it was freezing - did the youth really want to stay here? Out here in the cold? 

“Shelter is within our borders; as you’ve done no harm to me, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be welcome.” 

Adding to the invite, Cry began to turn and make his way towards the snow-ladden goliath trees. “My wife has experience in healing- should you take the invite. She’ll see you assisted.”
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
"I don't think it was his real name," Cadeau mused, scrunching her face up. "But he was adamant it was, least as the name he felt the most kin with. I guess that's the entire point of a name though." She shrugged her shoulders, not too bothered to think too deeply about a past she would never get an awnser for, especially that her father had been dead a long time now.

She was hesitant to stray after Cry despite the offer of shelter, a chilly breeze reminded her why denying it would be a folly on her part, a terrible idea. It was getting dark out and she had nowhere to go, she was a stranger in this land and knew nothing of it. Cadeau gave her bloody paws a look, the pads clotted in dirt and snow. 

When Cry began to turn and walk away, Cadeau only had a moment to weigh the pros and cons of the offer. Sighing, she took a step forward. "Wait," Cadeau called quickly, frowning. "I'll go with you but... I don't plan on staying longer than the night," she amended. "I can't stay here. I'm..." Cadeau bit her tongue. On a mission? Cad, that sounds so cheesy... Does a journey of self discovery even count as a mission? "I just can't," she decided to finish with in a firm tone.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
That was perfectly fine with him. Gwen had managed to imprint a rather tenacious prickle of urge to help others in Cry, and while it grained against his usual behavior and philosophy of keeping to one’s self, she had just that much effect on who he was.

”That's fine,” he chuckled slightly to the stubborn stranger. She didn’t need to stay. What mattered was that they helped her. If she wanted to abandon safety, then that was on her own accord. “But should you need to return, or request assistance, this home will recognize you and give you refuge.”

Finally within the confines of the wood, he finally howled for @Gwen once he got within distance of their more common meeting places. Not necessarily the Keepers Meet, but nearer to where the communial dens were. Passing by Kai’s, he shoved down the rise of forlorn he had as he tried not to worry for the speckled wolfdog.

”Gwen will set you right. Meanwhile, I will get a bite to eat for the both of you.”

But instead, he sat and awaited the presence of his Queen, so as to not leave the company alone in their woods.

I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen was not a master at healing, nor did she claim to be - her skills proved enough that she could provide help in certain situations, though the strength of this was undecided. Supposedly, that was better than nothing, and at the very least the prior experience she did have would aid her to carry out the simpler tasks; Cadeau was lucky that she was aware of at least one method to help with frostbite.

The sky was doused in miserable grey, as per usual in the bitter moons of winter, but her gaze did not wander into the heavens - her vision focused only on the figures, one a familiar void of the darkest shadows, and one a chocolate brown, marked with tan. Instinctively the snowbird's eyes lingered a few heartbeats extra on her ebony king, observing as he lowered himself down to sit, vision trailing the landscape; in search of her? He had called.

First she was metres away, then pawsteps, and then she was at his side, shoulder gently brushing against his own in a small display of affection - comfort. Only once she met his eyes for a few, brief seconds did she place her glance upon the stranger, lips twitching in a soft smile of greeting. "Hello,"
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau wasn't sure of what to make of these wolves but she supposed not all of them could be savages if they were so intent on making sure she was healed and had a place to bed for the night. Papa wasn't a savage, Cadeau thought, feeling bad that she coined the word so casually in her head. That's not you talking, that's the neighborhood pups and humans saying that word. 

She shook her head to clear it, frowning to herself. She sat down and waited alongside Cry for this 'Gwen' character of his. With how fondly he seemed to speak of her, she could only assume the female must be able to walk the walk as easily as Cry talked the talked about it. Soon Cadeau saw the wolf bitch arrive, she cocked her head. This was the first girl wolf she'd ever met, she soon realized. 

"Hi," Cadeau greeted back, giving a waned smile to be polite. "I guess you're that Gwen he keeps talking about?"
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry smiled warmly in his eyes as the winter fae snowed into their presence with a silent gust.  The most graceful of ivorias, she was a single snowflake with the beauty of a blizzard from afar. And once his glacials were cast across the sea of her sapphires, he had to gird himself from ravaging the delicacy in kisses right then and there. Instead he took her gift, the ease of a slender shoulder against his own, and savored that sip of aged wine while it lasted. 

After his Queen had pulled her own ensnaring gaze from his, she greeted the wolfdog without any form of prejudice. Cry was still surprised, though he hadn’t showed it, that the girl even knew wolfspeak. She must have had a parent who communicated it to her as a child or something. Lucky her - most hybrids are shunned in the wild by wolves, even killed and eaten. 

Forcing himself to his fours, he made good on his word; he would get the girls something to eat while his wife worked. Vocalizing that, “I will return with meals for you both,” the graveled baritones rimmed around the pair before the Phantom drifted off on a swift hunt.

I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
It was true that Gwen would never judge upon first glance, not unless the said character was stalking toward her with open jaws; she held no dislike for hybrids, as they were just as alive as herself. A little different, perhaps, but was that always such a bad thing? The snow empress recounted eagerly the memories of loyal Mawk, the wolfdog who'd become a good friend during their time at the Bypass - she wondered silently where the roads had led him after all this time. With any hope, he was still in good health. His family, too.

"I guess you're that Gwen he keeps talking about?"

Her cheeks flushed a little with warmth, and she cast a fleeting glance in his direction once more - her eyes were full of love and traces of amusement, but she said nothing and let her vision wander to the stranger. "Yes," came the warm smile, "and you must be the one who needs some assistance?" Gwen allowed her eyes to quickly once over the girl, locating the blood and stiff paws. "What's your name?" she pondered, quickly searching her mind for answers to aiding the hybrid.

Cry's voice caused her chin to incline slightly to the side, and just before he departed she flashed a half-grin in his direction. He was being cute today - all serious, but that made everything he did for her even cuter.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau didn't need to be a rocket scientist to tell these two were very much in love, it reminded her of the relationship her mother and father had shared before humanity ripped Snowy out of their lives forever with the blaring of a shotgun. She shook her head idly to clear it of the thoughts, instead focusing on the present situation at paw. 

"Well, its just a little frost bite. I know a few things here or there for pain management but it wouldn't be much help here," Cadeau said with a shrug, presenting one of her bloodied and cold paws. Unless these wolves had a secret fireplace somewhere in that territory of hers she doubted warmth would be part of the required treatment for frost bite. At her question, Cadeau introduced herself once more, "Cadeau. I'm um... a vagabond."