Cedar Sweep 失われた
14 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

a long week full of searching had led nowhere. no matter how many hours she’d put into it, that didn’t change the fact that their trail had been erased. she didn’t want to believe it. they were smarter than this, they wouldn’t leave her side. they were her responsibility. and deep down she cared for them, more than she’d like to admit. but kuma was to stubborn to admit that to herself. whatever the case may be, one thing was sure: this search was far from over.

there was plenty of claimed lands around these parts. perhaps the cubs sought refuge in one. the bear stopped at the borders of the closest one. their numbers were smaller than a normal pack, from what she could smell. the bear tilted her head back and howled for the owners of this site.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She was nearby when the howl went up and immediately made her way toward the borders. She was taking a risk, answering a call for a leader when Issun and her had never actually officially discussed what her place would be in Kamiki. She wanted to lead beside him, even if she would have to accept a secondary spot just below him she felt she deserved it. She had been one step below the beta of Blacktail Deer Plateau and she had chosen to follow Issun to the sweep. She was his lover as well and she wanted to be able to make claim on the land that was theirs and on him without having a higher rank look down on her. It was all these things on her mind that made her approach the borders with the inner promise to talk to Issun about an official spot in the high ranks later on.

She arrived within moments, her tail raised and movements stiff to show she claimed dominance. Her seafoam green gaze did a once over on the woman. The largeness of her figure was noted as well as the musculature though Minori was not impressed. Size did not mean that you immediately held the upper hand, skill did. "I am Minori, One of the leaders. How can I assist you?" she asked her tone businesslike and somewhat cold as it normally was with strangers, though a more toned down version so it was less likely to offend. She had to try and be somewhat welcoming if she was to help lead after all.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
14 Posts
Ooc —
her call was quickly answered by a younger female. she looked very fit and agile, but not as big as her. that wasn’t a shock, few could match her physic. kuma kept a straight posture, a respectful stance but not a submissive one. the woman’s dominant figure did not deter her.

hello. i’m kuma.” she gave a slight bow. there was no time for small talk, so she got to the point. “i’m searching for my daughter and um... minarai” she used to know the common tongue fairly well when she was young, but hadn’t spoke it since joining poncle woods. it was hard to remember certain words. “one looks like me but smaller. the other is brown. have you seen them?
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The woman did not fall into submissive posturing which both raised her opinion of the stranger and also slightly may have ticked her off. She did nothing to show it however, recognising that the other was still being respectful especially so when she bowed before speaking. She said she was searching for her daughter and her student and asked if she had seen them. What surprised Minori was that the female used Japanese for the word apprentice. Her ears perked and her tail did a quick sway and she wondered if perhaps, on the longest branch of possibility she would know Issun and Takara. "I personally have not. Perhaps my leader Issun has though, If you want to look around and then stop back to check in?" she said gaze sharpening as she subtly mentioned Issun's name to see if it sparked anything in the woman.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
14 Posts
Ooc —
it was relieving to know that they shared the same language. now she wouldn’t have to rely on her poor memory. but that feeling quickly subsided when she mentioned a certain boy. her eyes widened in shock “what?” there must be a mistake, maybe she misheard. issun a leader? that child was a disgrace to bōshi bloodline. he couldn’t do anything for himself if he tried, how could he possibly rule over anything? “bring me to him.” kuma couldn’t believe what she was hearing. she’d have to see for herself.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori was honestly surprised when the woman's eyes widened in shock. There was definitely recognition there. Though it looked like disbelief and she didn't seem very happy. This put Minori off and she immediately went into defense mode, especially when the woman commanded her to take her inside this territory and to Issun. She snorted and stood up straighter, her eyes sharpening like they always did when she was about to get bitey however she reigned herself in and instead spoke in a cold, firm voice "You do not command me. I would be absolutely insane to bring a woman I do not know inside to meet my....my leader." she stumbled over what to call Issun, almost calling him her mate. "I don't know your background with him, for all I know you could intend on hurting him and I will not stand for that" she spoke in a surprisingly calm tone though her temper was evident by the way her fur had slowly risen along her spine.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
14 Posts
Ooc —
she was right to be wary of her. hell, she didn’t even know what she’d do if she saw that freckled face. beat some sense into that lazy carcass, that’s probably what she’d do if she was an idiot. but with who knows how many wolves at his side, she wouldn’t stand a chance. “then bring him to me.” she kept her boiling anger and disbelief out of her voice. kuma lowered her head and chuckled underneath her breath. “ gods, issun leading a pack. has the world gone mad? i must see this for myself.” she lifted her head to meet minori’s gaze. “i will not hurt him. it’d be foolish to try.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her eyes narrowed and she blew an annoyed breath from her nostrils when once again this woman dealt out a demand. Her response was readied immediately, a hard no before the woman murmured insulting things about Issun below her breath. Minori couldn't believe this woman's audacity at all. The promise not to hurt him did little for her but she decided that she would fetch Issun and bring him so that this witch of a woman could give her reason to harm her. "Damn right it would be and I am not following your damned commands. You aren't my queen" she snapped however immediately afterwards she lifted her muzzle and called for Issun, making it urgent. She kept her flaming eyes on the woman the whole time, internally praying that this bitch would give her a reason to go bitey.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
it was a stressful week. takara hadn’t been present for awhile now and that worried him. she wouldn’t just up and leave without a word would she? not after they just reunited. and then there was minori’s heat. he wanted to stay with her to ensure no one else got close, but that wasn’t an option.

when he heard her urgent call his heart leaped out of his throat and he made a beeline towards her. he was expecting some male to be trying something, but it was a woman and the enchanting scent that radiated from his love was gone. issun situated himself beside minori and gave her a quick nudge with his nose. then he turned his attention to the stranger.

there was something about her. those firey eyes were unsettlingly familiar. he felt like he knew her, he just didn’t know how exactly.“who are you?”  
common | japanese
14 Posts
Ooc —
this woman is lying. that’s all she could think of as she waited. there was no way in hell this was the issun she was thinking about. he was a useless, lazy whelp, not ready for the world’s terrors. she suspected that boy died right after he was chased out. that issun was no leader.

her heart stopped when she saw him burst out of the trees. that large frame, that speckled face, those cool green pool. there was no denying it. this was the shogūn’s son.

who are you?

she let out a chuckle, which leaned more towards a grunt. “don’t play dumb with me boy. you know exactly who i am..” her eyes bore straight into his.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She was honestly relieved when it took only a few moments for Issun to show up and she realised with a lurch of her heart that she hadn't seen him since that intense moment a few days ago. She leaned against him for a moment, turning her head so her muzzle pushed against his neck for a moment before she pulled away. She stepped away as well, finding her hips pressed against his to be oddly distracting and allowed him to take over. She cast him a confused glance when he asked the woman who she was only for the woman to rudely talk down to him, insisting he knew. "Do not speak to him like you are above him. State your name and let's stop with these games" she snapped with a flash off her fangs as a warning. She was honestly getting antsy with this, she felt oddly challenged by this woman.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
her condescending tone flew over his head. he was much more worried about the sudden connection he had made. this was the old tōsotsu-sha of his birthplace. the realization sent a shiver down his spine. she was a loyal soilder to his father, too loyal to leave the woods. so what was she doing here?

issun hid his discomfort behind a authoritarian facade. “don’t speak to me like that. i’m not some little kid anymore.” he narrowed his eyes and glared at her. on the outside he seemed confident, but the fear of uncertainty clouded his gaze. “what are you doing here kuma? why aren’t you with my dad and the others?
common | japanese
14 Posts
Ooc —
there was so much authority in that voice. strange coming from him. the tip of her tail twitched with annoyance. he had no right to act like some king and talk down to her in such a manner. she ought to rip that tongue out.

he went on asking her questions about the woods. something akin to sadness darkened her gaze. survival had put that painful memory on the back burner, so when she was reminded of her family, it affected her more than she’d like to admit. that made her angry. first he spoke to her like she was his pawn, then he poked a hole into her. bad decision.

she tipped her chin up slightly and glared at him. her flash of grief was now replaced with raging fire. “ishaku is dead.” her voice was cold, emotionless. she hoped those words hurt enough to distract her from her own pain. “barbarians tore the family apart. the woods is no more.

i’m here because my daughter and apprentice are missing. jōnetsu and kyōso. and i wanted to know if you or your rag tags have seen them.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
omg sorry about this.

Every second that ticked by she grew more tense. So many emotions had been kept inside since leaving the Plateau and now they were triggered into rising up by this disrespectful woman. She was proud of the tone Issun used to speak with the woman, for a moment she had feared he would try to approach this in a more gentle way. The woman spoke and while she had no clue who the people were that she mentioned, she acknowledged the fact that the woman had lost much. In fact the way the woman described her home being lost reminded Minori of her own home. For a moment her gaze softened and she was about to offer condolences when the woman issued the last little insult that tipped her over the edge. It started with a low rumble that grew in volume and strength before bursting from her maw in a snarl that echoed through the trees. It was a sound she hadn't made since she had lost her home and with it her Status as General. It was a sound that used to bring all sound and movements of any disorderly soldiers to a halt. She was back. The General was back. 

Every muscle was tense as she took a step forward and stared Kuma in the eyes "This rag tag group as you call it is more than enough to take you down. I'm starting to think your size is due to inflated ego and no brains exist in that large head of yours." her words were growled out from bared fangs. "I'm sorry your home was destroyed. Mine was too. However you are standing on the edges of my new home and disrespecting my leader and my lover. We haven't seen your child or your ward however I hope they have the sense to keep their mouth shut wherever they are because not every wolf will tolerate such foolish disrespect" she stood just inches from the woman, standing with her hip pressed defensively and possessively against Issun's shoulder.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
ishaku is dead. why did it sound so simple? like that statement held no meaning and it was just something normal? he didn’t want to believe it. his father was a strong man. someone who’d never just die like that. issun admired him, he always did. even when he was a leach in his younger years, ishaku still saw potential in him. and now look at him, trying to create something in his father’s likeness. he wanted to be just like him. in a perfect world his father would have seen how much he’d grown. “i’m proud of you son.” that’s what he’d say. nothing could be more fulfilling than that. but now that dream came crumbling down. with just three words. ishaku is dead.

issun could barely keep up with the exchange anymore. words and phrases played over white noise. jōnetsu. nauseating grief weighed him down. kyōso. his breathing labored. missing. ears flattened atop his crown. destroyed. his head swung down.

he would’ve blacked out right then and there if it were not for minori’s support. her touch sent life into the broken man. right, he needed to pull through this. a time for mourning would come later, he needed to focus on the current situation.

i-i’m...” come on. just get through this. “we haven’t seen them.” there was a long pause before he blurted something out. “but we’ll help you find them.

poncle woods was gone. his family was gone. his father was gone. his home, his childhood, destroyed just like that. all that was left was the old tōtsotsu-sha and her missing successors. “we’ll help you,” he repeated. “the odds of finding them will be much better with more numbers. all i ask is that you stay here with us.” issun looked into her firey glare. “you are a strong warrior, i know this. but you can’t do this alone.
common | japanese
14 Posts
Ooc —
those words caused the boy to cave in on himself. she snorted. it was his own fault for choosing this path. if he hadn’t been so damned lazy maybe his mother wouldn’t have kicked him out. he could’ve made a fine heir to the throne. he could’ve been with ishaku maybe he would’ve lived, or not who knows. at least he’d be able to see his father for the last time. but now he’d never get that satisfaction.

her ears flattened on her skull when the woman spoke up. she grew really tired of her tone really fast. no one talked to the bear like that, ever. “watch your tongue.” she leaned in closer and quietly hissed, “you don’t want to make an enemy of me.

her ears flew up when issun made an offer. he was a fool to think she needed help from the likes of him. that’s what she thought at first, but then she contemplated it. she didn’t want to admit that this wasn’t a job for one, but she did acknowledge the job would be easier with more bodies. “join you?” she sighed and looked away. “i accept your offer but don’t expect me to stay. once i find the children i will be leaving.” she stepped closer the the freckled child. “you may have these wolves fooled, but i see through you. you will never be my leader.” kuma looked up at minori and flashed a sickly smile. “teach your prince charming to be as strong as you.” she walked past the two without so much as a glance. “fate kills false kings.” and on that note she disappeared into the trees.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Last post from me, If you can i'd like to get a Minori x Issun thread to discuss some things?

Just as she was proud of Issun, he softened up and relented saying they would help her. She flashed him a surprised look that became less sharp only after he made her joining a condition. She wanted to go off on him, ask him why he allowed her to speak to him in such a way and then offer their help, ask him why he looked so upset. She wouldn't do that here though, not where this hulking brutish woman could get satisfaction from it. Instead she held her tongue and allowed the woman to speak. Speak she did, threatening Minori and causing her anger to turn into rage. "You have no idea-" she started and was cut off by more words from Kuma's nasty mouth. She narrowed her eyes and started again but was silenced when Kuma moved past them poking more barbs into Minori's thin skin with her words. A snarl burst from her maw and she muttered some nasty expletives  in japanese before turning to Issun who would unfortunately get some of her irate temper. "You can't let her to speak to you like that! If she continues I don't know whether or not she'll leave with a tongue. I wont allow myself to be talked to like that either. I don't know who she is, what she is to you but it obviously isn't pleasant. Do not expect me to be nice to her" she snapped this at him and then with a look of regret she touched her nose to his neck. "I'm sorry for your loss Issun but....i'm your family now. Revui, Takara and everyone else here is family now. Kamiki is family. You can't let her act like she runs the show" she whispered this softly and gave him a quick lick on the neck before she ran off to blow some steam off.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
he couldn’t bring himself to look at her when she spoke. he looked down at his paws and flinched when she hurled one last insult to him. all this time he thought he could make a name for himself. he’d be a fine leader just as his father had. but kuma’s last words, though very few, made him question everything.

now that she was gone, the full weight of grief pressed him down. minori’s speech was drowned out by ambiance. he stared blankly at the horizon. issun jolted up when she buried her nose in his neck. she was right, this was his family now and kuma had no say in his life. then why, he thought, did she affect him so much? he sat on the border, contemplating this until the sun began to set.
common | japanese