Arrow Lake They're going to be guarding my bed. I wanted to see who they were
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
Looking for @Finch, but all welcome! ♥

-changes title because I found a perfect one-

He'd been set loose after Stigmata's run-down of the territory and its inhabitants. Now, Corvus sought to become more familiar with his new packmates, who he was told would be often by his side as they traveled. It was like his old pack had been reincarnated into a mountain band with fresh souls, no longer reliant on kingdoms that held monopolies over the land for survival. He much preferred it this way, and for a new pack to gain his preference over the previous despite his nostalgia meant a great deal. Following a congregation of scents, Corvus hoped to meet some of these fellow travelers.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He followed the new wolfscent with a vested interest; Redshank aspired to meet and size up each of the newcomers as they entered Diaspora's ranks. Oddly, he had settled quite well into the pack despite never really being one for them. It felt as if it was comprised of wolves who seemed to be cut from the same cloth as Stigmata, if not similar. He guessed the idea of trawling through the mountains attracted a certain sort.

He had secured his place within the hierarchy however, and while the Cairn was able to command a certain amount of respect from here, his ambitions grew ever more lofty as he got to know his...competition.

So he sought out the fresh blood, finding them easy enough after a few minutes tracking. They stood out amongst the snowy backdrop — a tall, long-legged shadow marred with scars. A fighter. Redshank approached slowly, offering a low grunt in greeting.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a wolf had come to diaspora, a male, and mahler, who had long not cared for the company of others, now set out through the drifts to seek the newcomer. as stigmata's right hand, it was also his duty to enforce the hierarchy set by the silver-eyed guardian.
and so mahler came upon the pair with his usual silence, hard lavender eyes flickering between the two of them. redshank he knew; corvus he had not yet met. charcoal plume proclaimed with a quiet pride his place, and he stepped toward the fierce nightwell to take the man's scent and grant his own.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Two of the scents she came across she knew as belonging to Redshank and Mahler, but the third was of their new packmate, and Taki was curious to meet him--decide if he seemed like he belonged here or not. She held a certain level of trust in Stigmata's judgement but as always, she needed to see things for herself.

She followed the mingling of scents until she found the three men and offering a quiet chuff of her own, she joined the group, studying Corvus with her usual suspicion while she waited for his response to his sudden company.
Inuttuk
Common

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Nil said we can go without Finch & we'll have another thread!

A rather scrawny man a who was mash of woody colors was first to approach, and he greeted Corvus with a grunt. The raven had dipped his head in a silent returned greeting when he noticed more members coming to meet him. The nearest was a greying dark man dashed with an array of scars who looked somewhat similar to himself. Though his eyes were a pale lilac in color, they emanated coldness as he silently approached with a dominant aura, tail waving to and fro above him. It was clear that this man was a higher-up, and so Corvus treated him with deference, allowing himself to be sniffed first before breathing the wolf's scent in turn while keeping his posture low.

The last to arrive was a northern woman cloaked in a snow-white coat, and her warm eyes were settled on him as she chuffed softly. Interesingly, not a single word had been uttered by any of these wolves. Seeing that everyone in the vicinity was here, he said, A quiet bunch, aren't we? Not that he was particularly talkative, but it took him by surprise. His lips spread into a grin. My name is Corvus. It's a pleasure to meet you all. He scanned his eyes across the motley trio. Corvus could tell they had starkly different backgrounds just by looking at them, and their names likely reflected that.

Romanian | English
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
A simple nod was given by the newcomer before two others arrived; the mottled grey co-leader Mahler and Takiyok, the tall, pale woman Redshank had seen only in passing. He turned his head slightly to acknowledge both, ears falling in respect to the two more dominant wolves, though felt a twinge of slight resentment as he studied their forms. All three were large, gifted with height and musculature with an intimidating mien. A flicker of annoyance flashed though his features and the boy drew upright defensively.

He looked back as the man introduced himself as Corvus, but not before cracking a joke that was punctuated with a cheshire grin. While he had a point, the Cairn's sombre scowl remained and he offered only a clipped, "Redshank." in reply.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the last to join was takiyok, who offered a friendly sound to the newcomer. dipping his muzzle toward her briefly, the man turned back to the diasporan, who was speaking. corvus. he rather liked the sound of it, and a cool smile curved his lips for a milisecond at the other's commentary upon their quietude.
"mahler," he answered. "velcome. ve are silent vhen there is nothing to say." it was one of the many things he enjoyed about the wolves who had come to follow stigmata and himself: no room for idle prattling when there was hunting to be done.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
I'm sorry! I didn't realize it was my turn!

Taki hadn't even registered the silence as being something to comment on. As Mahler pointed out, why would they speak when there was nothing to really say? He introduced himself as Corvus and after the other two returned the gesture, she gave the dark male a stiff nod. I am Takiyok, she offered last. She studied Corvus silently for a few seconds before asking, What draws you to Diaspora? Since no one else was taking this meeting anywhere really, she figured she could at least see what kind of wolf he was.
Inuttuk
Common

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The raven took note of all their names and had good faith he wouldn't forget them. As he suspected, their names were as varied as their appearances. In response to Mahler, he said, I could get used to that. Corvus found peace in silence, even amongst others. Sometimes, words simply weren't necessary. It was pleasant to share space with others who had the same mindset.

Takiyok then asked what brought him to Diaspora. This pack reminds me of home but... fresher, He answered thoughtfully. It felt like the perfect fit. I'm also not keen on staying in one place for long. What about all of you?

Romanian | English
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
skipping redshank as he's gone inactive

takiyok spoke, corvus responded. redshank was silent. and while mahler would have joined him there, his role among them meant he must speak. "ve are blessed to have you among us," he murmured genuinely. the man was strong of body and intelligent in his words — he would be an asset to diaspora.
it seemed corvus sidestepped takiyok's inquiry; he wondered why. but he did not remain upon it, for the man had smoothly turned the question back onto his packmates. "i spent time in two packs and then vandered before i met stigmata," mahler replied, eyes moving to the pale woman briefly. "it is the best place for me."
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
I guess I'm going to fade out with my reply since the other two are inactive?

Taki wasn't sure yet if she would consider them to be blessed to have the new wolf in their pack, but so far, he seemed like a good fit, on the surface anyway. She would withhold final judgement until she saw more from the man to prove whether or not he would be valuable to them. She wasn't really up for delving into her reasons for being with Diaspora, so she didn't offer any answer at first--just listened quietly to Mahler's answer and met his gaze when he glanced her way briefly. She looked away and back to Corvus. It is the best place for me as well, she replied, repeating the Kapitan's words not only because they were true but also because it was the only thing she could really offer the the new wolf about her past for now. 

She nodded first to Corvus and then to Mahler and Redshank. I was going to track the herd of caribou, she stated, taking a few steps before stopping to turn to the men once more. You're all welcome to join me, or not. She turned then and trotted away, leaving them to follow or go their own way.
Inuttuk
Common

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
fading sounds good!

join her he did, a nod to the talkative corvus and the somber redshank. it was good to track, to hunt; it bound those in diaspora closer, and mahler was ever-pleased to be close to takiyok no matter the situation.