Stone Circle saturn's rings are satan's highway
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Private 
The large male stood on the outcrop of the forest hill, his gaze lingering on the white, dead world around him as he contemplated the days events. When he first joined Easthollow he was nothing but a carefree man looking for a place to call home, but as the year grew he did as well—now standing beside Valette as her mate and patriarch he found an unstable need to protect the pack, a drive to do anything possible if it meant protecting her the wolves under Easthollow's watch.

Which is why he had to talk to @Vespera.

Raising his head, the beast of a wolf let out a loud, drowning howl that echoed through the territory and past it's reach into Rising Sun Valley for her, it was urgent for the young female to come right away. He stood patiently as he waited, snow falling around him and collecting on his pelt as a sheet of white before it was blown off by the gentle breath of wind. 

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female was dragging her paws through the weight of the snow, the coolness of the clumped white mist cooled her aching paws, and her legs since she wasn't that big. The young female found herself leaping like a deer through the deepness of the snow, though much to her annoyance, she still enjoyed herself frolicking through the territory of Easthollow. Though her enjoyment was cut short when a howl had cut through the air and echoed through the sky, the female could have sworn she heard crows screeching away from it. Vespera ceased her leaping, but this only causes her legs to sink through the snow like quicksand, and before she knew it, the snow had reached her chest and maybe even close to her bottom jaw. The young female groaned in annoyance since she knew this would almost be impossible to get out of this since she lost her momentum, but none the less, she fiercely clawed her way out of the hole she made and shook her fur to begin her gallop towards the sound of the howl. With her ears perked, she gracefully flew through the clumps of snow, and swiftly went past the trees, somehow the female was able to traverse through the snow pretty well, it could have been because of her curiosity to figure out who made the howl.

Her mind went so far as to think Brynn was coming back that her speed picked up to a sprint with snow flying behind her. Her heart was in on this set of mind too and began pumping blood through her body to momentarily increase her speed and stamina. However, when she arrived at her destination with a screeching halt and snow flying in front of her before disappearing in the wind, her childlike excitement had flatlined in an instant. Her chest was heaving from all the running, and her tongue lolled out from her jaws with each breath she made seemed to be visible with the cold weather. The female wanted to purposely groan out loud when she saw who it was, Greyback. The male had been announced to be the new mate of Valette, which naturally meant that he would be thrown up into a leadership position alongside Valette, she could only want to ram her head into a rock. Vespera let her head drop down like a puppet on a string as she picked up her paws to make her way towards the male. But her determination to get this over with was cut short when she guessed what this could have been about. Her mind zoomed back on the moment when she met Alya and Nikai and how her attitude towards them seemed to catch Greyback's attention. Vespera lingered on this thought as her movements began to slow down to where she stopped and again sunk into the snow a bit. Without looking up, the female had reluctantly responded to the male's call with a "what?" Her tone sounded tired and annoyed, but she decided to spare Greyback of the snark since she was too tired to even try.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
It wasn't long before the dark figure of the girl appeared, lopping with her head low and begrudgingly looking away when she stood still before him. He stayed silent, looking down at her with a gaze that hid the overwhelmed state of his mind. He reminded himself that the girl wasn't a pup anymore, that she was a yearling and nearly a full grown adult, and that his next actions were warranted. "Vespera," he greeted.

The annoyance that shrouded her voice did little to help the man form his next words and he released a huff into the chilled air before climbing down to be on level ground with her. "We need to talk about your recent actions." He stated flatly before shoveling his paws into the snow around her and digging out a spot for her to stand without sinking. "You're far too reckless and don't listen to your fellow pack mates."

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female perked her ears when the male said that they needed to speak about her recent actions, to which Vespera only sighed heavily as her ears started to slowly fall to the sides of her face with her eyelids covering half of her eyes. Lovely, Vespera sarcastically thought to herself, somebody better answer that howl because I freaking called it, the female looked up at the male with flat eyebrows and her chest heaving a little since she was still tired from her sprint. Without moving her head, her gaze shifted down to where she saw Greyback paving her a route to get out of her sinking spot and get into a bit more of a reasonable area to stand so she wouldn't sink, though she was considering it to the point where she slightly looked down and leaned forward just a tiny bit. However, she still hesitated and didn't move so she moved her head and gaze back up to Greyback with the same unamused expression. But what did catch her attention and prevented her from falling asleep on the spot was the bit of criticism that the Patriarch gave her about her actions, that being that she was reckless and didn't listen to her pack mates. The female flashed her eyelids fully open and her ears perked up again like she wanted to immediately object, which she did, but she held back on her retort since she thought about her previous conversations with Valette. If she did comment back, she felt like she would take a few steps back from the little growth she gained from those encounters, so she kept a little silent about that. But she had to say something, she didn't want to immediately give in just yet, she felt a little hot with embarrassment since what he was saying was a bit true, but her rebellious attitude told her otherwise. Vespera instead flattened her ears and moved her head down to the side with her gaze darting downward like she was looking a bit guilty, but her eyebrows were knitted and her muzzle just a tad wrinkled. "Why do you care?" Vespera grumbled, she didn't add snark to her statement since she figured it would go south for her and she just wanted to get this over with and go back to childishly playing in the snow.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The man watched at the rowdy teen went through an ample of emotions, her brows narrowing and then not, her head falling and then rising. He wasn't sure if she was upset or furious, but he could tell by the dazed look in her eyes that she was at least tired.

When she finally decided to look at him and speak with her lips beginning to curl he shot her a hardened stare with his tail raised. He was a gentle and patient man, but would not stand for aggression directed his way, especially by a pack mate. He halted his digging, taking a step back and continuing to stand over her small form. If the dark girl wasn't going to show respect then she could stand in the snow to sink.

"I care because it is my job." He said tautly. "As Patriarch I am to make sure everyone is safe, but your negligence to heed others in the pack will lead to your death. Rakk could of easily ended you right then and there on the border. The only reason he didn't is because I carted him off. " He took in breath to pause, his fiery gaze still focused on her.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female's heart began to pound in her chest, it was slowly beginning to race, she could hear it ring in her ears. Vespera wanted to slam her head into the ground repeatedly when Greyback said it was his job to care, oh for the love of god, I bet you are saying it just to say it, the female so badly wanted to shove her muzzle in his face and say it but she remained where she was. The female's muscles began to tense when he mentioned Rakk, her back fur began rising, the emotions that were present with her when she was there were bouncing in her mind. No, he would have been the one dead at the border if you had just let me have the chance! He deserved it! The female was screaming in her own toughts with her paws slowly gripping the ground, making deep claw marks in the snow, even if her legs were somewhat sunk, she still managed the strength to do that. The young female wrinkled her muzzle a bit more, but without showing her fangs to show the male that she was frustrated. With a quick shut of the eyes, she snapped her head up to meet the male's burning gaze. Vespera noticed his tail was up, to her, it was a sign of dominance, and she didn't take that lightly, but she let it pass for now. The young female's gaze was fuming with loath and frustration, "well I couldn't just stand there and let him have his way with her!" Vespera raised her paw and slammed it like an angry child having a tantrum with her tone sounding like she was objecting and whining a bit, "I had to do something! It felt wrong for someone like me to look at someone with fear in their eyes as their tormentor was right there, ready to do something horrid! You don't get it, I can't stand there and let someone be tormented by the likes of him!" The young female flared her nose and got in his face a little, she didn't care if he snapped, the emotions of that event lingered in her mind, it was bringing back nightmare like memories that kept repeating over and over in her head. The young female swiftly looked down at her paws, she didn't want to show Greyback that she was on the verge of crying, so she closed her eyes and heaved a heavy sigh, but her long breath was shaky to which it also affected her body, she felt her nerves shake within her, but she fought hard to keep them under control.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Oof, disgruntled greyback sure is hard to write at times- especially in this situation!
Greyback watched with a stone expression as Vespera took to throwing a tantrum before him, her paw slamming on the ground like a whelp as she screeched about. He knew he couldn't have calm conversation like this, especially when she was spewing nonsense; he stood silently until she was done, his own maw slightly crinkling in frustration.

When she had finished to look down at her paws he exhaled loudly. "The situation was under my control until you decided to stroll up with your jokes. I had him subdued but your presence turned all of his focus onto you." Greyback exhaled loudly through a sigh. He wanted to take a step back and retire the conversation but knew if he left now all of his words would be for nothing. He could now feel his muscles were tense, and his tail was now quivering and fully raised.

"Your heart lies in the right place, Vespera. But dont forget— you are nearly an adult with no fighting experience; he was a cold-blooded killer who was bigger and stronger." he barked. "Don't let your emotions take better hold of you. Listen to them, but don't place them over logic." Greyback could now see her shaking frame and grit his teeth before moving back to get a better look of her. He felt bad for pushing the girl to her limit, but reminded himself it needed to be done.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera's frail body was beginning to show venerability, it was starting to shake a little faster, she thought her fur was going to fall off. She felt her self fighting hard to prevent herself from wanting to rip his tongue out when he was telling her how he had it under control and she strolled up and ruined it. With each word he spoke, she was fighting a harder mentally battle to keep her body and nerves under control, she was trying to prevent herself from having an emotional break down on the spot like she did with Valette. Vespera was managing to keep herself quiet for as long as she could, but those efforts seemed to be a waste when Greyback told her she had little to no fighting experience. The young female's eyes fumed like a roaring wildfire, she couldn't believe he would say something like that when he barely knew what she had been through, and this time, she couldn't keep her thoughts in her head. "No fighting experience?" Vespera said with a quiet hiss, "no fighting experience!?" This time, she said it with a snarl as she shot her head back up to meet his gaze, "I actually do have fighting experience!" Vespera's rage was beginning to take control of her body, she felt her tears beginning to stream down her face and dripping on the snow. "Might not be the kind you are thinking about, but for all I know, I have always been fighting for my life! I have always had to defend myself! I have always had a fight for survival with every paw step I made!" The young female snapped, with her heart beating faster and faster with each breath that she thought she was going to pass out. Vespera had strongly felt that what Greyback was saying was unfair and unjust, the male had no idea what she had been through, though it was true that she was going to be an adult soon, she still felt like a trapped pup trying to crawl its way out from a deep pit. But she was about done with what he was trying to say to her, "well I'm sorry! I don't know how to control my emotions! I was never taught! I had to learn by myself, and I was on my own, and I had no one to go to in time of need!" The young female found herself in a losing battle with her emotions, she was doing exactly what Greyback told her not to do, and she sounded desperate, her vision became blurry with tears, she couldn't even see Greyback all that well anymore. Vespera felt her legs buckle beneath her, with a bit of strength she had left, she kept herself from collapsing, but even this seemed like a losing battle as she felt her stomach swirl and her legs feeling weaker with every fight she had left in her. The young female so badly wanted to run, she was feeling pressured, she wanted so badly to run to Valette for comfort but she couldn't move, so she looked at Greyback with the little fury she had left, but her face was starting to give into a distraught look.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was just passing when she heard a commotion of voices. It peaked her interest and the female curiously trotted closer. She had no intention to eavesdrop but she was definitely curious. As she stepped closer she recognized Greyback's voice instantly. It seemed he was with Vespera who was all high up in her emotions. Valette instantly trotted closer noticing that Vespera seemed to be losing her balance and was in tears.

What was Greyback doing? It seemed from just walking in here that he was making her cry. However, Valette knew her mate better than that. She trotted closer with clearly some confusion on her face as she looked at Greyback. However, she didn't demand from him to explain this second. She turned to Vespera wondering if she could be of any help. She slowed down into a walk and carefully stepped closer. "Vespera," she said calmly. "Are you alright?"

She had a feeling this was about the time when they let Nikai in, or perhaps she was wrong and it was about something else entirely. She had seen Vespera fighting a tree before... Valette looked to Greyback with some compassion. Vespera was not always as easy to deal with but perhaps together she would come to trust them more.

No worries, Vespy, Mom Val and Dad Greyback will help you :'D
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback pulled his ears back as Vespera's screeching voice assaulted him, her words high pitched and drowned out by her sobbing. The male wasn't sure how to deal with the onslaught of information thrown at him. Her family, her hardships, her survival. He had no clue she had gone through so much, but then again she never seemed to share or give hints about her troubled life before Easthollow. He didn't understand how a wolf so young could have gone through so much trouble, and as much as he wanted to deny it he knew it was wrong to disregard it.

He watched as tears dripped down her cheeks, her frame hunched over and fur raised along her spine as she looked at him with rage. He had done this. Pushed her to this limit; And now he stood over her with a face like stone, emotionless as he tried to grapple the situation before him.

He lowered his tail slightly in earnest, feeling no need to assert dominance anymore with a crying wolf before him.

It was Valette's voice that brought him out of his stare, his face melting into a sympathetic frown as he looked at his mate and motioned to Vespera. He wasn't sure what to say to explain the situation. He was sure it looked bad, but was reassured slightly by Valette's own gaze at him. Maybe she understood as well... "Perhaps... I have pushed too far," he confessed, stepping back more and letting out a sigh before looking back to the dark girl.

"Vespera," he called, wondering if she would look at him. He needed her to look at him. "Starting tomorrow you will meet me here at sunrise. We will begin preparations on how to deal with your emotions and manners. Every day." He added, looking down at her with a stern glare. He wasn't sure how Valette or her would take it, but the large wolf wasn't going allow Vespera's actions to continue within the pack—he had no other ideas except casting her out. He didn't want it to come to that.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
:'D

Vespera's gaze was blurred by her tears and her sobbing became uncontrollable, her body had given to the shaking, she found it hard to breathe since she was crying so much and she felt helpless. The last thing the female wanted to feel was helpless since that's all she ever felt, and she was fighting to keep herself from breaking down even more. But she found herself starting to collapse, her legs were giving in to the pressure of her emotions and no matter how much she fought to keep it together, the more she found herself on the brink of blacking out. The stress of this was too much, and she hated herself for breaking down in front of Greyback since she showed vulnerability to a male, and this only was freaking her out more. She felt herself becoming more and more unstable each time she tried to stop herself from crying and was becoming a ticking time bomb, ready to go off at any time. But what brought her out of this phase was the sound of Valette, her calm voice was reassuring to her, with this, she found the urge to open her eyes and slowly raise her head up. Vespera didn't want to look at Greyback's gaze and his stance of dominance anymore, and so she snapped her head towards the Matriarch as she was making her way towards her carefully. Vespera closed her eyes one more time and gritted her teeth in sadness as she forced her collapsing legs to leap from the sinking snow as her powerful bound and sprayed the snow everywhere. The young female rushed herself towards Valette, seeking protection and comfort from her as she screeched to a halt and laid her head on Valette's chest and pressed her body against her. At this point Vespera didn't care if Greyback said anything about what she was doing, she just sobbed on Valette, trying to hold back the tears, she didn't say anything since she didn't have the strength to do so anymore. The young female felt the warmth of Valette rush through her, it was reassuring, it was comforting, and that was all she wanted right now as she sat there trying to calm her emotions with Valette's motherly presence towards her. The female didn't say anything when Greyback began to speak, she didn't even look at him, she just kept her eyelids shut and trying to catch her breath as she gently dug her head into Valette's fur. 

Greyback had called out to her, but she refused to look at him, but he proposed something to her that made her flash her eyes open, her purple gaze was still full of liquid so it was still a little blurry. Greyback had told her to meet him here to work with her to help control her emotions and work on her manners every day. The young female slowly pulled her head away from Valette, but her body was still pressed against her, with her eyes wide and her fur stained with her tears. Vespera looked at Greyback, but she was disappointed that he had a stern look on his face, but she still looked at him like a confused pup, "y-you would... Do that... For me?" She found herself saying, but she was struggling to speak so it came out as a whisper, which she had hoped that he had heard. Her gaze sparkled at him since there was still water in her eyes, and her neck was still a little hunched with her ears to their sides, she looked at the male, but she was starting to find it hard to look at him any longer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had not expected that the female instantly rushed to her and started to sob against her chest. Valette looked down in surprise but, naturally, accepted the female in her embrace. Her mother instinct was strong after all, and with Vespera being younger she instantly felt motherly over the female. She glanced at Greyback. She looked worried. Worried that her mate had pushed her too far, that Vespera was not going to want to stay in Easthollow.

A very brief moment of doubt shot through the female. Did she know Greyback well enough? What had he done to Vespera to make her so upset? Would he do that to her? Then Greyback spoke to Vespera and offered to help her. Valette wondered if Vespera was going to accept that but surprisingly she seemed touched that he would help her. It seemed that Greyback had not completely ruined things with Vespera. Instantly her mind scolded her for doubting her mate. Clearly he was a good man trying to help Vespera.

Valette cleared her throat. "Of course he would," she spoke. "As would I, if you need my help with anything.' Though, for being polite and diplomatic she felt that Greyback was better at that. Valette could be there for support though. "You are part of our family, Vespera. We are here to help you." Valette looked at Greyback and was glad that things hadn't backfired.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The dark girl had not looked at him when he called her name, leading him to puff out another sigh and shake his head before looking to Valette. How would he ever deal with the pups if they took after Vespera...? The thought startled him a bit, but he quickly burried that deep. Valette would be there to help raise them, he wouldnt be alone, and he doubted they would have bad behavior.

Greyback was glad Valette had taken it well after her worried glance to him. He was afraid she seem him in a new light after this, it wasn't exactly the best look to have a sobbing packmate cuddle into your chest after hearing your new mate have an argument with them. But he wa  surprised when Vespera asked if he would really do that, her face peeking out of Valette's fur.  Greyback was puzzled. He had not expected the girl to be thankful, especially with her temper that was just a few minutes ago.

He let the frustration that had build up in him roll off his fur with a shake as his mate talked. He could not stay mad, it was unhealthy, and not beneficial to the pack. "Of course," he repeated while walking up to touch his nose to Valette's cheek and then to the crown of Vespera's head. "But dont be late. I want you here before the sun rises." he chuckled.