Hushed Willows can u down a 20 foot waterslide pegnat?
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
She was terribly nauseous, tired, and dizzy. Did she mention nauseous? Seriously, it was like she had eaten rancid food for every meal; a small part of her wondered if this was all some sick joke, or if the prey was ill and they'd have to move again. But she'd hardly eaten at all, so that probably wasn't it.

So she probably was pregnant. She remembered when her mother had conceived, the spring after she was born. This was very similar to what Mum had complained about in those early days.

And where Janis had gone to Robert(o), her older children, sisters-in-law. . .Lily had a good support system here, too. Her family by choice. She would seek out Khali when she was more sure, but for now, she searched the willows for @Olive, desperately needing a more seasoned opinion. A kind tongue, too.

Because she was actually about to flip the fuck out if she didn't sit down and talk to someone about this.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
ugh i’m filing this thread under ‘cursed shit’ just for the title

Olive too had been weaving amongst the willows, seeking Lilly. Last time they had seen each other, Lily had very clearly been in heat — and hadn’t she already been within a sanctuary, Olive might have tried to hide the girl away here. But Lily had Khali, and Olive was certain that Lily was being well taken care of during her season. Very well taken care of, hopefully. There was the chance that the girl was with child, and Elysium might experience their first litter sooner than most.

It was that idea that drove Olive forward, and it was divine providence that they might find each other that day, at that very moment. Pleased that the universe had made this endeavor so seamless, Olive let a smile explode upon her features and she greeted, almost triumphantly  
“Lily, blessed day! How are you?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
>:)

She heard Olive before she saw her, and turned to trot just as jubilantly toward the Shakti. Hallo, Olive! Lily greeted, wagging her tail. I was looking for you, actually. I'm, well. . . She trailed off, and if Olive had harbored suspicions before, they certainly must be confirmed now, with her hesitation.

I think I'm pregnant, the blackbird admitted, a huge, trembling smile stretching her muzzle. I've felt different since Khali and I, well. . .you know. Nauseous, dizzy, erm--all that. I think it's happened. Her voice was equal parts excitement and terror, each vying for dominance. Hopefully, Olive's calm, seasoned demeanor would help to bring her some balance.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive and Lily could not have been more on the same page if they tried. The blackbird did not withhold any information, and instead divulged her secret only moments after their initial greeting. In truth, Olive could see pregnancy written upon the girl in ways that others probably could not — it was subtle in her scent, but strong in her demeanor. Her body moved in a way that knew it now carried a dual purpose, for better and for worse. Judging from the sweet scent of sick that she carried, but it was likely for worse.

Olive would never think of it that way, though! Immediately, when her co-councilwoman announced her positive news, the shakti’s face exploded with excitement. Her tail swung high and wide with the sheer thrill of the adventure that Lily was embarking on — that they all were embarking on. Not only was Elysium thriving, but the wolves of the sanctuary were reproducing. This was certainly an auspicious sign, and bode well for their future. 

The woman, wary of how unsure and shaken the new mother might be, extended her muzzle and offered the blackbird an embrace, if she would have it.
“The gods have smiled upon us! This is incredible news, oh, this is the best thing,” she stammered in quick succession, almost incoherently. Then, if Lily had not already been in her embrace, Olive would force it upon her and wrap herself affectionately around the woman, her heather plume beating against her with quiet force. Olive took a deep breath to stymie her emotions. “The first trimester is always the most difficult, and these first few days are the worst yet,” she spoke to Lily not as a girl asking how babies were made, but a woman who intrinsically knew how these things from from the inside.

“Your body with adjust, i’m certain of it. Everyone’s always does — and if not for your first litter, then definitely for your second.”

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn't know if it was because of the gods, necessarily, but she appreciated Olive's enthusiasm nonetheless. Lily folded herself willingly into the woman's embrace, feeling suddenly overwhelmed with joy. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes, in sync with a fresh wave of nausea. How could she feel so happy and yet so. . .shitty?

My Mum was sick a lot when she was pregnant, she said, sounding dubious. I dunno whether that's something that would run in the family. I hope not. I feel dreadful. She laughed, pulling away from the midwife and sliding her tongue along her chops, trying to keep the bile at bay. 

The blackbird canted her head in question. Anything I should be doing? she asked, genuinely curious. Special herbs, food. . .? Mum used to walk a lot. I can't remember anything else, though. Her mother had walked a lot, anyway, but Lily remembered her pregnancy as being particularly active in that sense.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
As most new mothers were, Lily was curious and already brimming with questions. How should I feel? Is this normal? Is this bad? Is this good? It was truthfully endearing, how careful women were during this time, always seeking information and validation. Olive sat her narrow hips upon the earth, to show Lily that she was in this conversation for the long haul. “It’s possible that is may run in the family, but it is always best to use your body as a guide — your body is your connection to your children, and it can give you more knowledge about their wellbeing than I ever could. Give it whatever it asks for…”

Too many times, expectant mothers got their advice from untrustworthy sources — which was, truth be told, anyone but the mother who carried the children. Anyone who could not feel these particular babies with the very soul of their beings, well, they would simply be guessing at possible causes and possible solutions. “If you crave food, eat. If you wish to run, run. If you wish to rest, rest. These are not wanton interests, but your children telling you what they need.” Olive smiled. This advice was empowering — Lily, as a woman, had everything she needed for a healthy pregnancy right there, right then.

“Only if you feel that something is wrong, should you consult another about your pregnancy. This is the closest that you are your babies will ever be. Enjoy it, my darling.”

Again, Olive’s happiness spilled from her body through her face in the form of smiles and fluttering eyelashes. First time mothers liked their hands to be held, and that was the role of a midwife. “But I am here to help quell any fears you may have, treat any morning sickness you endure, assist with your delivery — if you will have me — and be your partner in motherhood. Seabreeze and I hope to whelp this season, too. Our children will grow up together. How fine is that?” The shake pressed her shoulder into Lily’s in solidarity.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Olive was too good to be true. Seriously. The way she was, how kind and tender and spiritual. . . Lily understood quite well what Seabreeze saw in her. The blackbird wasn't into women, but if she had to be, well--the Shakti wouldn't be such a bad choice. She bloomed under the words of praise and wisdom, eyes glowing, body warm.

I'm so happy for that, Lily exclaimed softly, fervently, her smile wider than ever. They'll be best of friends, from the beginning. And Olive. . . She broke off, choking up a bit, her gaze straying for a moment. Thank you. For everything. I'll bother you throughout.

Speaking of-- You have something to treat the sickness? she asked, lifting her eyes and looking excited once more. Oh, please, show me how. Or where. I don't care--I'm so tired of being nauseous always, Lily groaned, chuckling even as another round of it rippled over her.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Fade with your post?

The sisterhood that Olive felt with Lily at that moment was easily one of her top 3 preferred emotions. Men were wonderful, very necessary creatures (whom the fae did enjoy very much), but there was something so soft and comforting about a woman that Olive found nearly irresistible — whether that be something platonic, or something more, depended on who the woman was. Nevertheless, women supporting women was always something to be admired, and Olive felt her heart swell in her chest at being a part of something so beautiful.

“Yes, I have something that may help, but my stores will be much fuller when the weather warms.” She feels bad for Lily, having never experienced truly persistent morning sickness as the blackbird described. She imagined it must put a damper on the true happiness Lily must feel about her future children with Khali, but Olive would not let that last for long. The midwife turned a critical eyes towards Lily’s midsection, but ultimately that revealed no information on how far along she was. Instead, Olive relied of her knowledge of Lily’s heat, and mentally counted the weeks from there. 

After a moment’s pondering, Olive announce decidedly
“You will whelp in early to the middle of March, if i’m not mistaken. It’s not an exact science, but counting down is half the fun.” She turned a knowing smile to the mother — if anything, at least her pregnancy would be over before she knew it. “Come, I will get you something for the nausea.” Secretly, Olive hoped they might run into Seabreeze, who would be equally as excited about this news. She was so fond of Lily, after all.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
sure!

She gave a gusty sigh, happy to hear that someone could have relief for her. Anything will do, she said with feeling. At Olive's approximation, she squinted, trying to count the days. They stretched out far ahead of her--and yet, she knew that they would fly right on by. Her pups would be here in a blink.

Thanks, darling, Lily murmured, pressing her muzzle gently to the Shakti's shoulder before taking off after her. As it turns out, they did run into Seabreeze somewhere along the way, and the three rejoiced at the news.

The prospect of motherhood was much less scary with such good friends by her side.